• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
I've got 2 copies of FFXIV starter edition spare.
All I request is someone use my recruit a friend code so I can get some Chocobo feathers :) PM me

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
First training on OAS1. The fight isn't that difficult, but I need to do better on my healing and DPS. I hope to find soon a party to nail the kill.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Pre-purchased standard edition. I want the Fran minion and Squall gunblade, but that mount does nothing for me.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So an update on my situation. I yolo'd and bought the pre order from steam even though SE support told me not to. I got the keys and the early access key worked. so I guess it doesn't matter what region your account is as long as you buy the dlc from steam. However it absolutely matters when buying the base game.
Could be the early access code is universal since it uses its own separate site for registration, while the full game remains region locked.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
There's really no point in preordering ShB (digitally) before 3/1, right, b/c that's when the preorder bonuses are delivered? I want to wait to see if GMG puts it up at a discount

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
There's really no point in preordering ShB (digitally) before 3/1, right, b/c that's when the preorder bonuses are delivered? I want to wait to see if GMG puts it up at a discount
Right. Could also just wait closer to early access date if you don't need the earrings right now.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Right. Could also just wait closer to early access date if you don't need the earrings right now.
That's what I thought, thanks. I would prefer having the earrings sooner rather than later. It looks like with StB GMG put up preorders only a few days after SE did at a 22% discount, so I'm holding out hope that they'll put it up before 3/1

omlet

Oct 25, 2017
So I resubbed last night for the first time in 3 years. When I last played, Void Ark was the new hotness. I never finished the MSQ of HW but I got pretty far (2 combat jobs to lv60)...

It's overwhelming coming back after so long. I knew it would be, but still. Even though I still have muscle memory for some of the hotkeys and I still remember my way around some of the maps... I think I spent over an hour just rebuilding my UI and looking at skill changes... just for 2 jobs...

I really have no idea what's worth doing anymore. I don't have Stormblood yet, but my main goal for now I think is to get caught up on the HW MSQ, finish leveling one or two more jobs from mid 50s to 60, then work on all my DoH/DoL... if I am still engaged in a few weeks I will need to decide either to get Stormblood to start on that before summer, or, if my rate of progress is slower than I'm expecting, just wait and get it later when it's cheaper.

I'm not really asking for an item-by-item breakdown but any suggestions for what to focus on or ignore for now? Besides catching up on MSQ and daily roulette stuff for the bonuses and leveling.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Do some HW hunts here and there. SB uses the same currency, similar to how HW tome gear was moved to hunt seals currency, some earlier stormblood tome gear were moved to hunt seals.

You can probably try and do Khloe books at Idyllshire, basically think of it as a weekly challenge log that expires and you complete objectives to fill out a bingo card. Sometimes Mendacity (Stormblood tomes) are one of the bingo card prizes but idk how that's handled when u don't have the expansion or not at 70 cap tbh (like if it's simply unavailable as a reward until you get to SB lvl cap) either way it can give you some decent stuff.
Only thing you can do ahead of time to hit the ground running at 70 cap is the hunt seal farming tbh.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
So I resubbed last night for the first time in 3 years. When I last played, Void Ark was the new hotness. I never finished the MSQ of HW but I got pretty far (2 combat jobs to lv60)...

It's overwhelming coming back after so long. I knew it would be, but still. Even though I still have muscle memory for some of the hotkeys and I still remember my way around some of the maps... I think I spent over an hour just rebuilding my UI and looking at skill changes... just for 2 jobs...

I really have no idea what's worth doing anymore. I don't have Stormblood yet, but my main goal for now I think is to get caught up on the HW MSQ, finish leveling one or two more jobs from mid 50s to 60, then work on all my DoH/DoL... if I am still engaged in a few weeks I will need to decide either to get Stormblood to start on that before summer, or, if my rate of progress is slower than I'm expecting, just wait and get it later when it's cheaper.

I'm not really asking for an item-by-item breakdown but any suggestions for what to focus on or ignore for now? Besides catching up on MSQ and daily roulette stuff for the bonuses and leveling.

Honestly? Just get caught up with the story. Unlock the other 24-man raids and the Alexander raid. Use all poetics you earn to buy yourself 260 gear (you can upgrade to 270 with poetics as well) then just level alt classes via roulettes and such. 270 gear will be about the highest you can get, unless you dive into doing savage raids, but even then I think it's 275. I wouldn't even worry about item levels since you'll get better stuff early in Stormblood. You could farm for the relic weapon if you wanted but that's just for looks as it will be replaced quickly in SB.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
so Friday we are getting a livestream

if preorders for StormBringer are avaliable then is it possible to put down the full amount

never did any of the expansions, just used to play ARR before Heavensward or StormBlood so I have a few questions

did preorders happen for those too?

if you preordered StormBlood before it came out and gave the full amount would you get acess to Heavensward before StormBlood's release?

if anyone can answer it will be truly appreciated
thanks guys

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
so Friday we are getting a livestream

if preorders for StormBringer are avaliable then is it possible to put down the full amount

never did any of the expansions, just used to play ARR before Heavensward or StormBlood so I have a few questions

did preorders happen for those too?

if you preordered StormBlood before it came out and gave the full amount would you get acess to Heavensward before StormBlood's release?

if anyone can answer it will be truly appreciated
thanks guys

You can pay now on most platforms. Remember if you bought the game through steam you need to buy the expansion through steam, and if you bought it through the SE Store or other PC outlet you cannot buy the expansion on steam (it counts as a different platform on mogstation for whatever reason).

Pre-orders happened for other expansions yeah

You do not get access to Heavensward or Stormblood until the end of June according to FFXIV Twitter. The reason they give is that someone could request a refund. My advice would be to buy Stormblood separately (you can find it really cheap) if you want to play through those expansions now.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
You can pay now on most platforms. Remember if you bought the game through steam you need to buy the expansion through steam, and if you bought it through the SE Store or other PC outlet you cannot buy the expansion on steam (it counts as a different platform on mogstation for whatever reason).

Pre-orders happened for other expansions yeah

You do not get access to Heavensward or Stormblood until the end of June according to FFXIV Twitter. The reason they give is that someone could request a refund. My advice would be to buy Stormblood separately (you can find it really cheap) if you want to play through those expansions now.
thanks

anyone got any links or ideas were I can find storm blood cheap? preferably digital code

lol Canadian here so I expect it to still be pricey

I bought FFXIV AAR long ago from the actual square website so I don't have any of the Steam problems

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
think i'll just wait until tokyo fanfest before deciding on preorder
i just don't play ffxiv much anymore

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'll preorder sometime this month, but I'm not in a hurry. I'm not after the physical Collector's Edition. I'll probably get the digital Collector's Edition. I just want the earrings in March.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably preorder the regular edition. I don't care about earrings or minions or even Gunbreaker, and I'm not paying $20 extra for a mount.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope that they make the older raid tiers not useless this time around but I don't have much hope for that

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the $200 CE and now the waiting game begins. :)

Pretty exciting, this is the first time I get to experience an expansion launch for any MMO, much less FFXIV.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
you can just hop into another server and clear the quest there if your server's too congested though

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember when Stormblood product keys went out? Did my pre-order today, and it just says "Available 7-2", but it would have to be earlier than that for the early access.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember when Stormblood product keys went out? Did my pre-order today, and it just says "Available 7-2", but it would have to be earlier than that for the early access.
Did you order through the SE store? After you do your order, in order history you can reveal a key. You take that key and plug it into the Shadowbringers special early access site, then take the code that site gives you and plug it into your mog-station account.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Did you order through the SE store? After you do your order, in order history you can reveal a key. You take that key and plug it into the Shadowbringers special early access site, then take the code that site gives you and plug it into your mog-station account.

Both codes? I got the early access code, but there's still no code for Shadowbringers itself.

yoHKDi9.png

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Both codes? I got the early access code, but there's still no code for Shadowbringers itself.
I guess I'm a little confused because you had said
it would have to be earlier than that for the early access.
as if you weren't already confirmed as being in early access. But anyways I'm pretty sure you only get the early access code now and the game code a bit later. I kind of remember them sending you your full expansion code when it ships.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
you can just hop into another server and clear the quest there if your server's too congested though
Im gonna be shocked if the shard system doesn't burn and crash during launch. They may be launching it a month ahead, but the true test will be when the server congestion is at peak levels during launch.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Im gonna be shocked if the shard system doesn't burn and crash during launch. They may be launching it a month ahead, but the true test will be when the server congestion is at peak levels during launch.
We'll see how it goes, but the servers themselves held up pretty well during Stormblood's launch aside from the duty server issues. Hell, it was probably the most packed some zones have been considering most of the at-cap population only had access to The Fringes and The Peaks.

If anything I'd just expect whatever option that lets you transfer between the worlds is broken, similar to the aforementioned duty server issues.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Took a second look at this artwork from Akihiko Yoshida.
3079061-qmllu9x915e21.png

where is Gaius?
I thought he would play a role in Shadowbringers.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
yeah it's pretty as hell
the hooded figure is an au ra right? that looks like au ra scales

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
That's obviously a male Viera. He just has his ears laying down and back so he can wear a cloak.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Expansion would focus mostly on the Scions it seems.
I am starting to think either Gaius won't play a big role or he might die before the expansion?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still hoping that that's alternate Thancred, Y'shtola, etc and not their past selves. I just can't get over Thancred using a Gunblade and then deciding "you know what? I'll use knives but from now on instead." Unless, he gives up the Gunblade as atonement for getting her parents killed or whatever it was he fucked up.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
That's what I thought, thanks. I would prefer having the earrings sooner rather than later. It looks like with StB GMG put up preorders only a few days after SE did at a 22% discount, so I'm holding out hope that they'll put it up before 3/1

Yeah I'm waiting to see what sort of discount GMG offers as well, though not sure when they'll deliver the pre-order codes for the earrings. Might end up being right before the early access period starts. Think I might just end up pre-ordering off the SE store. I've actually been looking forward to getting the earrings as an excuse to finally level up another class with that XP boost lol. I remember leveling up Bard way back when I was on the free trial but never got it past level 38 after buying the game, so maybe it's finally time. Or maybe I'll finally level another healer class that isn't WHM. Possibilities are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.