• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
now that i think about it, pretty sure i bought hw and sb from greenmangaming as well
guess i'll wait until they have a decent offer

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Oof, first day of Pyros was shaky. Completely different to Pagos ... people want to do nothing BUT the Bunny Fate and areas are straight jam packed with Mobs. so many that it's straight up oppressive! Can't really do the train from the start unless someone has a 2 set mount. Thinking I might just try to level through Clogs in pagos or something.

Wish I could buy the Logograms but I'm on Mateus ... shit's going for insane prices over here like most things (even more true for mos Eureka stuff like the mounts and hair and emotes and good glam...) :/

Can't WAIT for cross server jumping so that this MB can burn in hell. Until then I just need to get all the Logograms I need on my own.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Can't wait to transfer to NA server to get in on the FC. really going in deep with this resub.

I think i'm about half way through haven sword.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Oof, first day of Pyros was shaky. Completely different to Pagos ... people want to do nothing BUT the Bunny Fate and areas are straight jam packed with Mobs. so many that it's straight up oppressive! Can't really do the train from the start unless someone has a 2 set mount. Thinking I might just try to level through Clogs in pagos or something.

Wish I could buy the Logograms but I'm on Mateus ... shit's going for insane prices over here like most things (even more true for mos Eureka stuff like the mounts and hair and emotes and good glam...) :/

Can't WAIT for cross server jumping so that this MB can burn in hell. Until then I just need to get all the Logograms I need on my own.
People do the bunny fate constantly for the chest rewards, xp is bad, but they'll do the normal fates whenever they pop, it's just something to do inbetween. You can generally stick to the south side of the map pretty safely at lower levels, although that involves going up those thin ramps where you have to dodge a couple of monsters. It's not so bad though and you can generally get a few FATEs going that way and they give a ton of xp so you gain lvls pretty quick. You unlock the aetherytes pretty early too and once you have the one in the lava area, you can reach every fate(the top left one is useful to reduce travel time, but you can reach most FATEs from the first one near the crabs pretty easily).

Also if you invest some money into reflect, you can solo some sprites during each weather window, even several levels higher than you is fine(refresh reflect before it drops though or you'll get one shot), which in turn give logograms so you can sell/get more reflect/unlock all the logograms as well as very good xp. Mind you, I fully expect logograms to be "nerfed" next patch, probably bigger drops or drop more often or can be bought with crystals, whichever, to make it easier to catch up in Pyros, so might want to wait.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you can just hop into another server and clear the quest there if your server's too congested though

Not if its an Instance again, these are shared for the whole Datacenter and not just your World.

Oh and regarding Viera, I wonder how the carbuncle outfit from the Mogstation would look on them with the Ears. They surely gonna clip into them if they are just upright.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

Killing sprites at the same level as you or higher will drop a boatload of Conceptual logograms (5 per kill). Kill some of these for your challenge logs and you should be able to put together some good logos actions. If you're a dps class you can get Wisdom of the Platebearer from these, which is just one mneme of the same name. This one increases your defense by 3000 and your HP by 50%. It will help you stay alive.

Once you can equip 2 logos actions at once, as a dps usually I put wisdom of the Platebearer in one window and one Cure I mneme in the other. This will give you buffed hp and an unlimited cure spell.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone interested, this is the PS4 theme you get if you pre order Shadowbringers on PS Store.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Oops. Wrong game thread to bitch in.
Almost 50 on BLU. Ready to grind primals everyone is already done with.

Last edited:

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
PSA: This weekend will be your last chance of trying/playing the Astragalos rebalance before the new Rival Wings map, Hidden Gorge, gets the spotlight (Astragalos will be temporarily removed).

Not part of the discord yet? Come join us.

Invite: https://discord.gg/yPVak6

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah I'm waiting to see what sort of discount GMG offers as well, though not sure when they'll deliver the pre-order codes for the earrings. Might end up being right before the early access period starts.
According to my digging, with StB GMG sent out preorder codes immediately after you bought it, even back when preorders opened in Feb 2017
I'm more concerned about GMG not offering preorders at all, or opening preorders in like May/June w/o preorder bonus. If GMG doesn't have it up by 3/1 I'll probably grab it on the SE store as well

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Subscribed again after almost a year. The hype and news for Shadowbringers was too much for me to handle! plus having my xbox one controller helps since I never really liked having to manage hundreds of keybinds, macros, spells etc with a mouse & keyboard.

Glad to be back. Any FC's on cactuar looking for new members? Lost mine for obvious reasons.....

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Killing sprites at the same level as you or higher will drop a boatload of Conceptual logograms (5 per kill). Kill some of these for your challenge logs and you should be able to put together some good logos actions. If you're a dps class you can get Wisdom of the Platebearer from these, which is just one mneme of the same name. This one increases your defense by 3000 and your HP by 50%. It will help you stay alive.

Once you can equip 2 logos actions at once, as a dps usually I put wisdom of the Platebearer in one window and one Cure I mneme in the other. This will give you buffed hp and an unlimited cure spell.
People do the bunny fate constantly for the chest rewards, xp is bad, but they'll do the normal fates whenever they pop, it's just something to do inbetween. You can generally stick to the south side of the map pretty safely at lower levels, although that involves going up those thin ramps where you have to dodge a couple of monsters. It's not so bad though and you can generally get a few FATEs going that way and they give a ton of xp so you gain lvls pretty quick. You unlock the aetherytes pretty early too and once you have the one in the lava area, you can reach every fate(the top left one is useful to reduce travel time, but you can reach most FATEs from the first one near the crabs pretty easily).

Also if you invest some money into reflect, you can solo some sprites during each weather window, even several levels higher than you is fine(refresh reflect before it drops though or you'll get one shot), which in turn give logograms so you can sell/get more reflect/unlock all the logograms as well as very good xp. Mind you, I fully expect logograms to be "nerfed" next patch, probably bigger drops or drop more often or can be bought with crystals, whichever, to make it easier to catch up in Pyros, so might want to wait.
Thanks for the info.

Gonna look on the mogboard to see if it is doable to buy the reflect logo but I doubt it on this server.

Mainly cause those elementals hit damn hard and my war dps makes soloing annoying at best.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info.

Gonna look on the mogboard to see if it is doable to buy the reflect logo but I doubt it on this server.

Mainly cause those elementals hit damn hard and my war dps makes soloing annoying at best.

If you are WAR, you want Wisdom of the Martialist. It increases your damage dealt by 40%. If you can't kill sprites without it buy like 10 conceptual logograms from the marketboard. They shouldn't be too expensive as they are by far the most common. Hopefully you'll get at least one Wisdom of the Martialist mneme in those 10 and you can use that to solo sprites and get more conceptual logograms.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
If you are WAR, you want Wisdom of the Martialist. It increases your damage dealt by 40%. If you can't kill sprites without it buy like 10 conceptual logograms from the marketboard. They shouldn't be too expensive as they are by far the most common. Hopefully you'll get at least one Wisdom of the Martialist mneme in those 10 and you can use that to solo sprites and get more conceptual logograms.
Just checked mogboard ... The one lowest priced conceptual cost about 100k and anything else is about 2mil. :(

Really starting to regret coming to mateus.

Do they still drop if you party with someone? I guess I'll try to solo or group kill some when bunny fate is down tonight when I get home.

Last edited:

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Is Eureka doable solo now? I couldn't stomach it when it first came out and haven't touched it since

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Just checked mogboard ... The one lowest priced conceptual cost about 100k and anything else is about 2mil. :(

Really starting to regret coming to mateus.

Do they still drop if you party with someone? I guess I'll try to solo or group kill some when bunny fate is down tonight when I get home.
Lol wtf are these prices. I've seen a few people complain about "high" prices for logograms on their servers and turned out it was the same as mine, like 5-30k for most of them other than offensive, but damn that's like horribly horribly overpriced. I guess Mateus people hate Eureka a lot for them to be that high because even on my server with a fairly shitty economy(I can still sell a dozen of rakshasa accessories a day at 400-500k each because of so few crafters and fairly high demand), the logograms were pretty affordable.

At these prices I'd definitely wait for Hydatos to see how it works out and if they nerf Pyros(probably).

Is Eureka doable solo now? I couldn't stomach it when it first came out and haven't touched it since

Not really. I mean kinda, up to Pyros at least, but solo grinding would take like 30 times longer than just following the FATE train and asking for invites. If you mean do you need a set party to grind mobs, no, you just wait in town(or elsewhere depending on the map/teleports you have) and when a FATE pop, you shout LFG FATE or whatever else, get an invite, attack the monster a bit, die a bunch if you're lower lvl, and get your xp, then go back to town and resume the waiting. That's basically Eureka. It's basically Hunts when you don't look for them yourself.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Lol wtf are these prices. I've seen a few people complain about "high" prices for logograms on their servers and turned out it was the same as mine, like 5-30k for most of them other than offensive, but damn that's like horribly horribly overpriced. I guess Mateus people hate Eureka a lot for them to be that high because even on my server with a fairly shitty economy(I can still sell a dozen of rakshasa accessories a day at 400-500k each because of so few crafters and fairly high demand), the logograms were pretty affordable.

At these prices I'd definitely wait for Hydatos to see how it works out and if they nerf Pyros(probably).

Not really. I mean kinda, up to Pyros at least, but solo grinding would take like 30 times longer than just following the FATE train and asking for invites. If you mean do you need a set party to grind mobs, no, you just wait in town(or elsewhere depending on the map/teleports you have) and when a FATE pop, you shout LFG FATE or whatever else, get an invite, attack the monster a bit, die a bunch if you're lower lvl, and get your xp, then go back to town and resume the waiting. That's basically Eureka. It's basically Hunts when you don't look for them yourself.

so looking at the mogboard again and outside of the 1 guy selling the 1 logo at about 100k the only other seller I see has 400 of them at 100k each but in stacks of 10 to 99.

Mateus!!

Yeah, most anything worth anything from eureka cost far too much here. The big orange mount? Only one listed and its priced at 30mil. Hair? Stays about 2.5mil, most of the time close to 3.

It's the bad combo of having a casual server that also has a fucked up mb. No one wants to do high end content and the mb already has a culture of overpricing so I guess that's what you get.
I also suspect that someone's trying to push me out of the market as my bot level nears 70. Shit that I've been making money on (stack of 99 with a price of 300 at the lowest) is now being undercut hard af for no reason by someone with 100s of them. Happened a few times now.

May this mb burn in hell when server jumps come online. I would consider leaving right now if all my friends weren't here and server visiting wasn't coming.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Meme Man actually put out a pretty informative video that might be helpful for those jumping in with Twitch Prime:

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
so looking at the mogboard again and outside of the 1 guy selling the 1 logo at about 100k the only other seller I see has 400 of them at 100k each but in stacks of 10 to 99.

Mateus!!

Yeah, most anything worth anything from eureka cost far too much here. The big orange mount? Only one listed and its priced at 30mil. Hair? Stays about 2.5mil, most of the time close to 3.

It's the bad combo of having a casual server that also has a fucked up mb. No one wants to do high end content and the mb already has a culture of overpricing so I guess that's what you get.
I also suspect that someone's trying to push me out of the market as my bot level nears 70. Shit that I've been making money on (stack of 99 with a price of 300 at the lowest) is now being undercut hard af for no reason by someone with 100s of them. Happened a few times now.

May this mb burn in hell when server jumps come online. I would consider leaving right now if all my friends weren't here and server visiting wasn't coming.

This is crazy, conceptuals are like 5k each on my server.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

Mateus!!

Mount/hair price seems normal, that's what they're worth on most servers, they're rare.

I checked the market prices website thing and other than conceptual, the prices look high but not much more than normal. I think someone just decided to buy every conceptuals and set the price stupidly high for them, because that's the ones you need the most of. You can farm a fair amount of them pretty quick however with reflect, since that's also the common one that drops from any sprites of equal or higher level than you(unless they adapt, might want to interupt that).

For reflect you need:
Wisdom of the Ordained from Curative(easy one, only 2 choices there)
Shell L from Mitigative(also only 2 choices)
Protect L from Fundamental(much harder, 5 choices on that one)
If you then use it and farm sprites during weather windows that are higher level than you, I'd estimate you could probably get 20 conceptuals maybe or so, maybe more I haven't really done much sprite farming. Which at their much inflated prices, will cover your spending easily. Do make sure to look up where to farm beforehand and only start when a new weather pops, rather than go there 3mins before the weather ends(weather changes at 8AM, 4PM and midnight ET)

It's also easier if you farm higher elements and/or get naked to take more damage(more damage taken=more damage reflected). With enough difference you could kill sprites in 2 or 3 reflects only so your 99stacks reflect will last you a long time. Do make sure you have enough time/don't leave eureka however, once you activate a mneme or whatever they're called which is when they're put on your special action button to be used, they will disapear if you leave.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Mount/hair price seems normal, that's what they're worth on most servers, they're rare.

I checked the market prices website thing and other than conceptual, the prices look high but not much more than normal. I think someone just decided to buy every conceptuals and set the price stupidly high for them, because that's the ones you need the most of. You can farm a fair amount of them pretty quick however with reflect, since that's also the common one that drops from any sprites of equal or higher level than you(unless they adapt, might want to interupt that).

For reflect you need:
Wisdom of the Ordained from Curative(easy one, only 2 choices there)
Shell L from Mitigative(also only 2 choices)
Protect L from Fundamental(much harder, 5 choices on that one)
If you then use it and farm sprites during weather windows that are higher level than you, I'd estimate you could probably get 20 conceptuals maybe or so, maybe more I haven't really done much sprite farming. Which at their much inflated prices, will cover your spending easily. Do make sure to look up where to farm beforehand and only start when a new weather pops, rather than go there 3mins before the weather ends(weather changes at 8AM, 4PM and midnight ET)

It's also easier if you farm higher elements and/or get naked to take more damage(more damage taken=more damage reflected). With enough difference you could kill sprites in 2 or 3 reflects only so your 99stacks reflect will last you a long time. Do make sure you have enough time/don't leave eureka however, once you activate a mneme or whatever they're called which is when they're put on your special action button to be used, they will disapear if you leave.
I'm looking at my D.C. (aether) and the mount only goes above 10mill for the 4 highest prices on the dc. Lowest price is 4.4mill and 2nd highest is still 10mill less than my server which still only has one listed.

Hair, again, only the 4 highest prices go above a mill on the dc. And even then its a respectable 1.2mil as the highest non mateus price with mateus being more than twice that. Heck, the lowest price on this dc is 220k which isnt much higher than what the pagos shirt goes for on this server.

But thank you for the info. I might just bite the bullet and buy it. Make him regret his choices once I have enough extra to start undercutting him. I really only plan to do eureka and namazu quest for the foreseeable future so that I can level bot (plus get the mount and have max rank quest ready for when I level min) and get into the new eureka zone before the next big patch.

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
heyyyyyyyyyy guys

so I tried out the free trial 2 years ago but I recently got a free code courtesy of the giveaway thread

my character right now was apparently puglist so I need advice on how to not screwup in this game considering i havent touched it in a while

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
heyyyyyyyyyy guys

so I tried out the free trial 2 years ago but I recently got a free code courtesy of the giveaway thread

my character right now was apparently puglist so I need advice on how to not screwup in this game considering i havent touched it in a while
Don't stand in the stuff.

That's pretty much it until you hit max level. If you read your abilities and do what makes sense you'll be fine while leveling. Jobs don't even have their full toolkit until max level anyway.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
According to my digging, with StB GMG sent out preorder codes immediately after you bought it, even back when preorders opened in Feb 2017
I'm more concerned about GMG not offering preorders at all, or opening preorders in like May/June w/o preorder bonus. If GMG doesn't have it up by 3/1 I'll probably grab it on the SE store as well

Good to know guess I'll wait till March and see if GMG puts it up for preorder. I'm still surprised they didn't start giving out the earrings as soon as preorders went live yesterday, but at least it gives us more time to look for possible deals.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Will shadowbringers collectors edition be on Amazon anytime soon to do I have to buy it off their site?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Will shadowbringers collectors edition be on Amazon anytime soon to do I have to buy it off their site?
I don't think they've made any announcement for if or when other stores are getting them. The other CEs all went up on amazon though.

FWIW, I think the SE store charges when they ship. You can preorder from them and cancel if amazon ends up getting it sometime in the future.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Mateus!!

It's funny how much prices vary on different MB's. That Eureka Pyros hairstyle has been hovering around 500-600k gil on my server for the past couple months it seems. I was pretty surprised to see it drop in price though to be honest. I spent a ridiculous amount of time in Pyros on the bunny fates and never saw it drop once, and was forced to just buy it off the MB, so I assumed it was pretty rare.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So I haven't played since a month after SB launched and was wanting to play on PC instead of PS4 now. It's a total bummer that you apparently have to buy the game all over again... On top of that there aren't any sales for the complete collection right now so I'd have to pay ANOTHER $60 plus the sub...

Guess I'll just wait until Shadowbringers comes out ):

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
So I haven't played since a month after SB launched and was wanting to play on PC instead of PS4 now. It's a total bummer that you apparently have to buy the game all over again... On top of that there aren't any sales for the complete collection right now so I'd have to pay ANOTHER $60 plus the sub...

My mate got the complete collection on PC for like £15 on CDkeys. You'll have to find a US alternative but there's that at least. TBH your cheapest option is to by Shadowbringers on PC when it comes out.

Nya

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a little help, I have an extremely lapsed PC account and had barely played very much of ARR, but thinking of returning to it soon, and in earnest. Here's where I'm at:

- Have completely forgotten what level/where I am in ARR
- Own Heavensward expansion
- Main character is lv42 Bard/Archer (Disciple of War?)
- Would like to to try out Blue Mage

It has been literally years since I last played, so I'm already expecting mostly everything to be alien to me, but am I best to stick with the main ARR plot line and then move my way on to Heavensward? As for Blue Mage, as I understand it correctly, when I get to lv50 I can take on the quest to unlock it?

I'm really only concerning myself with relearning the game solo right now, but if I find it clicks and I'm enjoying it, I may start looking into joining the era FC. Please wish me luck! ^-^

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
It's funny how much prices vary on different MB's. That Eureka Pyros hairstyle has been hovering around 500-600k gil on my server for the past couple months it seems. I was pretty surprised to see it drop in price though to be honest. I spent a ridiculous amount of time in Pyros on the bunny fates and never saw it drop once, and was forced to just buy it off the MB, so I assumed it was pretty rare.

I really have no clue what's going on with this market board. Like, I was confused to find out that this is actually one of the big servers. It's MB is that of a small one that's being controlled because there aren't many crafters or gatherers to compete with.

Also feel like there's some Mateus people lurking around here ... cause a few hours after pointing out the Logo prices I see that logo being undercut like hell. I mean, the undercutters are doing stuff like pricing it at 80K each in stacks of 2 or 3 so it's still a eye roll but it's good that at least someone's trying.

Anyway, ran Pyros as the only person in the instance. Ish was scary but empowering. I did the bunny fate by myself like 3-4 times and got a gold chest! Also got exactly one Martialist so that's good ... gonna save it for when I hit 40 I think and can actually do some stuff.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My mate got the complete collection on PC for like £15 on CDkeys. You'll have to find a US alternative but there's that at least. TBH your cheapest option is to by Shadowbringers on PC when it comes out.
Yeah I bought a EU account because it was only 20$ for it, and that I pay less for the sub than if I bought my sub in USD.

Also what the hell are these square Enix store shipping prices? I was interested in buying the second encyclopedia, but the shipping is MORE expensive than the book itself, how is that even possible lmao

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

You can save $20 by getting ARR from Twitch Prime, it's free with prime for the next few months. There's a reddit thread for free codes if you don't have prime. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/an4eo4/twitch_prime_codes_giveawaysdumps_etc/

Status
Not open for further replies.