• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Yeah I bought a EU account because it was only 20$ for it, and that I pay less for the sub than if I bought my sub in USD.

Also what the hell are these square Enix store shipping prices? I was interested in buying the second encyclopedia, but the shipping is MORE expensive than the book itself, how is that even possible lmao
If you're using a EU SE account it's probably diverting you to the EU store and then the stock for EU customers is stored in the UK so it's trying to shop from there.

The shipping is expensive though but the book is heaaaavy

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you're using a EU SE account it's probably diverting you to the EU store and then the stock for EU customers is stored in the UK so it's trying to shop from there.

The shipping is expensive though but the book is heaaaavy
Nah haha, I'm on the NA store, they only propose one shipping option, probably the highest possible. Maybe it's because I live in Canada, but it's still damn absurd and disappointing. I actually was really interested in the lore books, oh well

Reveirg

Nov 20, 2017
Do we have any idea where Shadowbringers will take place? Any chance we'll finally be visiting Garlemald?

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have any idea where Shadowbringers will take place? Any chance we'll finally be visiting Garlemald?

It was looking pretty good that we were going to be visiting Garlemald for Shadowbringers but it seems like something happens to change that real quick. So far the zones we know of are:
Amh Araeng - desert zone, has a weird tilted city.
Rak'tika Greatwood - big forest, canopy village(s?)
Il Mheng - home of the new pixie beast tribe, very colorful pink flora, very fantastic compared to the other zones in the game
Kholusia - listed on the steam page, no pictures yet.

So it's looking like if we hit Garlemald, it won't be until much later in the expansion.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
The shadowbringers collectors edition is again open for preorder for anyone who is interested.

Preordered mine on the way to work. I'm GUESSING that the shipping is just for the physical goodies like the figure and books and card and I can download and unlock all the game stuff without any of that, right?

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
The shadowbringers collectors edition is again open for preorder for anyone who is interested.

Preordered mine on the way to work. I'm GUESSING that the shipping is just for the physical goodies like the figure and books and card and I can download and unlock all the game stuff without any of that, right?

Correct. They'll email you the early access + registration code long before the goodies ship.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Correct. They'll email you the early access + registration code long before the goodies ship.
Cool, that also reminds me of a question I had about early access.

In most examples of early access I've seen it's been for games that are simply not out yet. Have they done this with other expac deals before? What happens when you go into early access?

Do you make a random character to run around the new land with oooor do they let you use your own character but reset stats afterwards or what?

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, that also reminds me of a question I had about early access.

In most examples of early access I've seen it's been for games that are simply not out yet. Have they done this with other expac deals before? What happens when you go into early access?

Do you make a random character to run around the new land with oooor do they let you use your own character but reset stats afterwards or what?
It's just an early launch to allow people to play the expansion the weekend before it comes out. The game is out for people who preordered on June 28th, but the official launch would still be July 2nd.

If you weren't here for Stormblood's launch, the game had a massive issue where it funneled a bunch of people into duty instances very quickly, and you had two famous walls at Raubahn and Pipin because the solo instance servers were down. (A fair amount of the job quests also had solo duties so this compounded the problem as people unlocked Red Mage and Samurai as well as do their level 70 job quests) As these were down it led people to be stuck grinding FATEs in the two zones you had access to, doing Palace of the Dead/dungeons to level Red Mage/Samurai (this also crashed the dungeon servers for a brief period too) or trying to get into the aforementioned solo duty instances. Now this all happened during the early access period and was fixed entirely on Sunday morning, before the game officially came out on Tuesday.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think one of the reasons they offer early access to pre orders is, because there will surely be some people that don't get the pre ordered game by launch date and the Early Access code lets them play for a couple days after that date.
(And obviously also to get people to pre purchase the game for some guaranteed revenue.)

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

In my experience this is not 100% right. They will email you a early access code, which will allow you to download and start playing on June 28th. The registration code for the expac will be in the physical package. Early access usually lasts for around two weeks though, which leaves a week after the official launch for you to get your physical copy in the mail and input the code inside.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019

We know comparatively really little about exactly where we're going, for what reason, and perhaps even when. I'm sure after the next story patch in March, I think, and the next fanfest things will become more clear, but for know, we only have a fairly vague sense of what is happening, honestly. I don't think this is even necessarily a bad thing to be so in the dark, but it's definitely interesting. Pretty sure by this time before Stormblood and HW you could've easily predicted the broad strokes, at least.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017

I remember one of the slides in a live letter said something along the lines of finally taking down the Garlean Empire. It's not unreasonable to expect atleast a part of 5.0 to take place there.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
It's just an early launch to allow people to play the expansion the weekend before it comes out. The game is out for people who preordered on June 28th, but the official launch would still be July 2nd.

If you weren't here for Stormblood's launch, the game had a massive issue where it funneled a bunch of people into duty instances very quickly, and you had two famous walls at Raubahn and Pipin because the solo instance servers were down. (A fair amount of the job quests also had solo duties so this compounded the problem as people unlocked Red Mage and Samurai as well as do their level 70 job quests) As these were down it led people to be stuck grinding FATEs in the two zones you had access to, doing Palace of the Dead/dungeons to level Red Mage/Samurai (this also crashed the dungeon servers for a brief period too) or trying to get into the aforementioned solo duty instances. Now this all happened during the early access period and was fixed entirely on Sunday morning, before the game officially came out on Tuesday.
Ah, ok. Thank you!

For fun I decided to look up ultros on the mogboard and the whole primal dc seems to have a healthy mb. On top of that I hear that primal has the best (or very good) with trails ... Which is something I'm interested in cause I actually like trying ex mode primals when the fight seems well designed.

Maybe I'll come over when free transfers are ready.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
so just bought StormBlood and put in the activation code on my account

is StormBlood already downloaded and installed on the FFXIV client and the activation just give you access to the content? Or is there a separate download I have to do now?

haven't played this game since before Heavensward came out

Also starting from scratch again and I wonder what you guys recommend as the best starting city/town.... my first time was with Uldah

thank you for your time guys

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
so just bought StormBlood and put in the activation code on my account

is StormBlood already downloaded and installed on the FFXIV client and the activation just give you access to the content? Or is there a separate download I have to do now?

haven't played this game since before Heavensward came out

Also starting from scratch again and I wonder what you guys recommend as the best starting city/town.... my first time was with Uldah

thank you for your time guys
It's been a while but I want to say that the activation code is just basically an unlock key for stuff that's already been automatically downloaded so you'll be good to go.

As for the starting city, I would say don't worry and just pick whichever class sounds the most appealing. You pretty quickly end up visiting the other cities and gain the ability to teleport to them so your starting city is kind of irrelevant.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while but I want to say that the activation code is just basically an unlock key for stuff that's already been automatically downloaded so you'll be good to go.

As for the starting city, I would say don't worry and just pick whichever class sounds the most appealing. You pretty quickly end up visiting the other cities and gain the ability to teleport to them so your starting city is kind of irrelevant.
thank you for the answer

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm enjoying the Namazu beast tribe story quests more than I thought I would. Didn't necessarily mind the moogle questline from HW for crafting, but these quests seems a lot funnier and more entertaining. I don't really know what I'll do with WVR at level 70 once I'm done though since I don't have any other crafting/gathering classes anywhere close to that level (closest is Botanist at Lv 39), but I really want that Namazu mount so there's that I guess.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I'm enjoying the Namazu beast tribe story quests more than I thought I would. Didn't necessarily mind the moogle questline from HW for crafting, but these quests seems a lot funnier and more entertaining. I don't really know what I'll do with WVR at level 70 once I'm done though since I don't have any other crafting/gathering classes anywhere close to that level (closest is Botanist at Lv 39), but I really want that Namazu mount so there's that I guess.
I love the namazu!

Been doing their dailies daily since I unlocked them and when I get home I'm gonna be promoted to honored I believe. So I think I'm prob 2 weeks from the mount.

Legit wish they would replace potatoes as a player race.

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
After a pretty huge absence, I suddenly (gee I wonder why) got an itch to get back in the game. Bought myself a month, but the problem is that I haven't played since before heavensward launched, besides a couple of free login periods here and there) which means that I remember pretty much nothing besides the names of a couple of characters. Does anyone have any good youtube recap video that is definitely under an hour,ideally around half that? I really don't have the patience to go through hours and hours of either video or text just to get ready. I wanna play as soon as it's downloaded. :P

...I'm also gonna need something like this for the job story quests...

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After a pretty huge absence, I suddenly (gee I wonder why) got an itch to get back in the game. Bought myself a month, but the problem is that I haven't played since before heavensward launched, besides a couple of free login periods here and there) which means that I remember pretty much nothing besides the names of a couple of characters. Does anyone have any good youtube recap video that is definitely under an hour,ideally around half that? I really don't have the patience to go through hours and hours of either video or text just to get ready. I wanna play as soon as it's downloaded. :P

...I'm also gonna need something like this for the job story quests...
There's always the option to go at an Inn and watch old cutscenes there

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
woooow that's a quick trip to the blacklist
The heart wants what it wants, Idk what to tell ya.

They are the creepiest most game racist people I've run into and namazu are just the best.

Anyway, feels like I can't really do much in eureka til max level. Seems like the best way to level is nms buy even if I do enough to get exp I apparently dont do enough to get crystals so now I'm behind on my relic upgrade.

Think I should maybe pay that half a mill so that I can finally get reflect and farm elements. At least enough to unlock light :/

Last edited:

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
The heart wants what it wants, Idk what to tell ya.

They are the creepiest most game racist people I've run into and namazu are just the best.

Anyway, feels like I can't really do much in eureka til max level. Seems like the best way to level is nms buy even if I do enough to get exp I apparently dont do enough to get crystals so now I'm behind on my relic upgrade.

Think I should maybe pay that half a mill so that I can finally get reflect and farm elements. At least enough to unlock light :/
At the current rate of crystals, you should have enough by the time you get to 50. Leveling slows down a fair bit at higher levels so you need more FATEs per lvl, which means more crystals. I got 729crystals doing Pyros with no grinding and skipping most challenge logs too cause I got lazy, doing 35-50 after 4.5. You need 650 so that'd be enough, although I kinda want to farm a few more to buy feathers since I haven't gotten any yet.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
At the current rate of crystals, you should have enough by the time you get to 50. Leveling slows down a fair bit at higher levels so you need more FATEs per lvl, which means more crystals. I got 729crystals doing Pyros with no grinding and skipping most challenge logs too cause I got lazy, doing 35-50 after 4.5. You need 650 so that'd be enough, although I kinda want to farm a few more to buy feathers since I haven't gotten any yet.
The thing is I don't feel like I can go anywhere without feeling like I'm in danger of being 2 shot and it seems like most instances I get into have a good deal more low level players than max. Seems like the max or high level players party up to prep nms and the lower level groups just don't out put the dps to get crystals.

I'd say of all the nms I did last night only 30% dropped crystals ( and I've mainly been leveling with nms ). Those also being the only ones I could do decent dmg on.

So my thought process is ..
Get reflect
Grind the white flame things
Get high level
Swap over to the 40% dps boost and cure logos and just try to solo prep nms

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just came back since the second patch of HW and it's taking a lot to get used to the game again haha. Looks like my old FC is dead. How is Ultros fairing nowadays? I had an original character, but started over on Gilgamesh as at the time that was the place to be, but seems a lot of stuff is cross-server now so that point is moot. Deciding whether to continue over here, or change to my old character to join you guys on Ultros.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
The thing is I don't feel like I can go anywhere without feeling like I'm in danger of being 2 shot and it seems like most instances I get into have a good deal more low level players than max. Seems like the max or high level players party up to prep nms and the lower level groups just don't out put the dps to get crystals.

I'd say of all the nms I did last night only 30% dropped crystals ( and I've mainly been leveling with nms ). Those also being the only ones I could do decent dmg on.

So my thought process is ..
Get reflect
Grind the white flame things
Get high level
Swap over to the 40% dps boost and cure logos and just try to solo prep nms
Are you soloing or? In a party it should be super unlikely to not get full credit. High levels still have to sync down to FATEs so they don't do crazy more damage, although I guess if everyone is several levels under then yeah you don't get credit. Might be an issue with your server though, I never had a party without several 50s I think in all the time I spent there.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
You mean NPC lalafells or players playing them?
Both really.

Being on this rp server I've seen some lalas vomit hate for large races in towns.

Also being a Femroe if I stand in town in any kinda noticeable glam complete unknowns feel like they can run up and hug me uninvited.

These are both things that I only see with lalas. But maybe that's just this server. Like how the Femroes here are so reclusive compared to any other server I've been to ... No comradery at all. Makes me want to race change for the first time in years.
Are you soloing or? In a party it should be super unlikely to not get full credit. High levels still have to sync down to FATEs so they don't do crazy more damage, although I guess if everyone is several levels under then yeah you don't get credit. Might be an issue with your server though, I never had a party without several 50s I think in all the time I spent there.
I always and only do nm fates in parties. Maybe its a dc thing. Pagos had tons of max level players all the time and tons of people with 2 seat mounts.
Pyros? Not so much. Not uncommon to be grouped with only 2 level 50s as I'm smacking a nm for 100 dmg

Last edited:

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Both really.

Being on this rp server I've seen some lalas vomit hate for large races in towns.

Also being a Femroe if I stand in town in any kinda noticeable glam complete unknowns feel like they can run up and hug me uninvited.

These are both things that I only see with lalas. But maybe that's just this server. Like how the Femroes here are so reclusive compared to any other server I've been to ... No comradery at all. Makes me want to race change for the first time in years.

I can't speak to what it's like in rp servers, but lalas take by far the most grief of any race in the game and I don't think it's really arguable. I mean in your original post you called them potatoes and said they should be deleted from the game. Playing as a lala, we tend to get a chip on our shoulder. As for NPC's, the Elezen's defining characteristic is pretty much being racist bastards, so I would think they would get more grief for that first, but no it's usually the lalas that get shit on.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I can't speak to what it's like in rp servers, but lalas take by far the most grief of any race in the game and I don't think it's really arguable. I mean in your original post you called them potatoes and said they should be deleted from the game. Playing as a lala, we tend to get a chip on our shoulder. As for NPC's, the Elezen's defining characteristic is pretty much being racist bastards, so I would think they would get more grief for that first, but no it's usually the lalas that get shit on.
I feel like it's massive chip on the shoulder to the max with lalas. Even on the ff14 forums I find that they are the most aggressive, arguementive race of players.

And every race has its "decent" nicknames. Like the corpse people, the draggos and snu snu and such. No one really takes it personally other than lalas it seems.

Also for personal history ... When I first started tanking I use to hate being grouped with lala players because I simply couldn't see where they were when they were in melee range. For a time I use to mark them just to keep track. But that was a long time ago and I no longer have that problem lol!

Shit taking wise I think the roe have them beat. We're the least played race with the fewest played females. People openly call our race ugly and use real world trans slurs for femroes because of our build. The thing is, most all Femroes I've talked to or encounter (outside of this server. I legit think many Femroe on mateus are only playing them for futa erp and don't actually like them) have been the nicest most helpful players. Even on the ff14 forums they seem to be the most chill.

Lalas catch shit because of the way their players act, roe catch shit simply for not being traditionally cute in this game that focuses so much on that.

Also I blocked out most of hw story. Hated the area and it felt so disconnected from what we were doing iirc.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's massive chip on the shoulder to the max with lalas. Even on the ff14 forums I find that they are the most aggressive, arguementive race of players.

And every race has its "decent" nicknames. Like the corpse people, the draggos and snu snu and such. No one really takes it personally other than lalas it seems.

Also for personal history ... When I first started tanking I use to hate being grouped with lala players because I simply couldn't see where they were when they were in melee range. For a time I use to mark them just to keep track. But that was a long time ago and I no longer have that problem lol!

Shit taking wise I think the roe have them beat. We're the least played race with the fewest played females. People openly call our race ugly and use real world trans slurs for femroes because of our build. The thing is, most all Femroes I've talked to or encounter (outside of this server. I legit think many Femroe on mateus are only playing them for futa erp and don't actually like them) have been the nicest most helpful players. Even on the ff14 forums they seem to be the most chill.

Lalas catch shit because of the way their players act, roe catch shit simply for not being traditionally cute in this game that focuses so much on that.

Also I blocked out most of hw story. Hated the area and it felt so disconnected from what we were doing iirc.

All I can say is we've had much different experiences. Been playing this game for 5 years and the worst I can say about female roes is that this is the first time I've heard anyone talk about them. They seem pretty anonymous.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Either our home on Ultros is different, or I've just been on at the wrong times. I've never seen any real race hate outside some fun jokes, and I can't think I've ever seen it go beyond that. I see people poke fun at cats, I've poked fun at lalas, I see giraffe jokes about elves.

Never really seen even jokey comments about Roes, there just aren't a lot of them.

Going to be a ton of bunny jokes in a few months.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Either our home on Ultros is different, or I've just been on at the wrong times. I've never seen any real race hate outside some fun jokes, and I can't think I've ever seen it go beyond that. I see people poke fun at cats, I've poked fun at lalas, I see giraffe jokes about elves.

Never really seen even jokey comments about Roes, there just aren't a lot of them.

Going to be a ton of bunny jokes in a few months.
All I can say is we've had much different experiences. Been playing this game for 5 years and the worst I can say about female roes is that this is the first time I've heard anyone talk about them. They seem pretty anonymous.
We are on different servers and circles it seems. I read a lot of discussion on this game in hopes of finding good, mature people to hear what they think about this game. So I not only browse the ff14 forums but also fb groups and even reddit.

Just read this on a reddit post about this new leaker whose saying bunny = female only and bara cats are a new male only race ...
I mean, you aren't wrong. I don't want another disgustingly huge and buff race. We have Roegadyn and Au'ra, last thing I, and prolly a lot of people want is another cat race that's sole purpose is to be stupid buff
(As for the leaker, believe them or not but we should know by Tuesday)

Idk, maybe this is like how many people who aren't a minority don't notice racism because they aren't the one its being aimed at. I can't know the life of a lala as I will never play one but playing as a rare and "invisible" race lets you see how open people are with their feelings toward said race.

One fb group I'm in seemed very civil and mature until someone made a joke post about Femroes. Turned real stupid real fast.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The last thing I would call our FC on Ultros is "mature" (especially that Mature guy).

But we're mostly good natured smartasses.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. Not been playing much lately and way behind due to busyness.

But for those who knows us in the FC. Me and Alice aka empressdonna are getting married on July the 16th. :D

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So I am starting from scratch again and I want to know two things if possible please

A) Which class/job is best for soloing through the game?

I want to play by myself until a long ways

B) Which job/class is best before going the dark Knight route

Oct 27, 2017
So I am starting from scratch again and I want to know two things if possible please

A) Which class/job is best for soloing through the game?

I want to play by myself until a long ways

B) Which job/class is best before going the dark Knight route

I'm not really an expert but I'll try and answer. As far as I know any class is fine. You can solo through most of the story stuff but you will have to group up for dungeons and some other things along the way. The game will find you parties for those and it'll be faster if you're a tank or healer class, but there's less pressure going DPS. But since you want to be a dark knight it's probably best to go ahead and get familiar with tanking so you'll probably want to go Gladiator or Marauder to start. I haven't really played any tank stuff aside from leveling up a Marauder way back when becoming a Dragoon required it, so I couldn't really say which would be more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.