• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
I'm playing in same region I live in (Europe).

I'm EU region. What times are you playing? (I'm from the UK so GMT Time) and when I recently levelled a tank during after work times (6pm to 11pm) I never had more than a 10s queue. As a DPS it was 15 minutes MAX.

I'd happily help you with some dungeons if you'd like when I get home from work :) (Msg me on Discord: Lauren#9134)

Generally, fattest times are at 3/4pm. Tuesday (reset day) can also see spikes around 9am as some people save their Dailies from Sunday and use them when the tomes reset.

As a general notes, we're in a quiet period of FFXIV due to it being the end of the expansion. Some of the long term playerbase take a break around this time to play other games before they go back to FF for teh expansion. Or a spike will hit a month before to catch up.

But there's the twitch offer which I'm pretty sure has added a bit influx of 1-50 level players.

Last edited:

Fandriss

Nov 13, 2017
France
So i'm back in the game since a pause of 18 months. There is so much new sutff it's overwhelming !

I played at the release of Stormblood and my character (70 as RDM and WHM) is barely ilvl 300. What should I do to catch up now ? Only daily roulettes for tome gear ? And how do I approach the whole Eureka thing, it looks super daunting :o

I expected that I would be able to buy a house nowadays but my server (Phoenix EU) is as full as always, i can't believe how much players are still so engaged in the game !

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I think a lot of people came back, or decided to try it out. Sorta like me.

When I last played a year ago, I don't remember it being as bustling as it is right now. Might just be expansion hype, I dunno, but I run into new players (with the sprout icon) constantly. And I'm not even including the spambot trains in towns.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished the base game's story after playing it on and off over the past two years. Really excited to finally jump into what everyone says is the good stuff, though I honestly may need to watch a recap of the story so far first lol.

explewd

Nov 1, 2017
Sweden
So i'm back in the game since a pause of 18 months. There is so much new sutff it's overwhelming !

I played at the release of Stormblood and my character (70 as RDM and WHM) is barely ilvl 300. What should I do to catch up now ? Only daily roulettes for tome gear ? And how do I approach the whole Eureka thing, it looks super daunting :o

I expected that I would be able to buy a house nowadays but my server (Phoenix EU) is as full as always, i can't believe how much players are still so engaged in the game !

This guide, except being written for patch 4.2, should provide some helpful pointers on how to grab gear. :)
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/8oap25/guide_endgame_catchup_and_gearing_guide_for_fresh/

Also, hi fellow Phoenix-player. \o/

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I think a lot of people came back, or decided to try it out. Sorta like me.

When I last played a year ago, I don't remember it being as bustling as it is right now. Might just be expansion hype, I dunno, but I run into new players (with the sprout icon) constantly. And I'm not even including the spambot trains in towns.
There's definitely been an influx of new players these past few months, from the pre expansion hype to the free Twitch prime starter edition and obviously all the WoW refugees who apparently don't like BFA that much anymore. Most servers will hit mini queues during primetime(nothing serious, like 5-10ppl, you can skip it instantly even) so they run at full capacity it seems and they've done a good job spreading people around instead of having overpopulated and dead servers with the preferred server stuff and free transfers off the congested servers.

It just kinda sucks FATEs are so bad nowadays so most people are in instanced or in town, makes the zones outside feel kinda empty, I wish they'd boost FATE xp so it's more similar to dungeon running/potd, wouldn't make it crazy good but people might be tempted to do FATE chains instead of their 300th run of potd and DPS could do something while queuing for dungeons.

Overall the game's pretty healthy atm, I expect Shadowbringers will see higher subs/sales than Stormblood, which was already higher than HW, so that's good, even though it's not like a crazy exponential growth or anything, but even stagnating at the same numbers is "good" for a mmo since that means you bring in as many new players as you lose.

Fandriss

Nov 13, 2017
France
This guide, except being written for patch 4.2, should provide some helpful pointers on how to grab gear. :)
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/8oap25/guide_endgame_catchup_and_gearing_guide_for_fresh/

Also, hi fellow Phoenix-player. \o/

Nice to see that there are other Phoenix players in here :)

Thanks a lot ! It's a great guide, very detailed, perfect for me.

Oh oh yes Centurio seals, i have a bunch of them ! I did a ton of hunting back in the day

btw if you happen to be part of a hunting linkshell i would appreciate an invite :)

explewd

Nov 1, 2017
Sweden
Nice to see that there are other Phoenix players in here :)

Thanks a lot ! It's a great guide, very detailed, perfect for me.

Oh oh yes Centurio seals, i have a bunch of them ! I did a ton of hunting back in the day

btw if you happen to be part of a hunting linkshell i would appreciate an invite :)

I think I meant to send this link. Sorry >.< (More up to date)
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/9zygcb/endgame_gearing_for_fresh_70s_patch_44/

Linkshells? I'll poke around. I'm not in one at the moment. :)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't #humblebrag in here but that Ozma fight was legit the most stressful thing I've done in this game. The "fuck off get outta my dungeon" if you die mechanic really brought things back full circle to Everquest for me and I oddly liked it. That said I need to take a slight break from BA now. I do want to go back in to get enough fragments for my weapon (last piece I need with elemental stats) and maybe get that AV minion because I want to sell it. But I'll actually focus on finishing the main relic chain first before I bother. For as much as I was around for BA, I was never actually in a zone that spawned PW until just last night so I only have the one kill on him.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
On more fun news, my local gamestop was selling Stormblood for 3 euros. Grabbed it, since I'm missing it and Heavensward both.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Thank the Twelve! It's finally finished!

Oljm6AM.jpg

I don't know if I want to go back into Pyros and farm crystals to reroll the stats. I doubt I will get better than that. Since I won't clear V12S until 6.0, that means this is my last weapon upgrade until Shadowbringers.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to find apply for the Reset Era Linkshell besides going to the guild housing (I do not have access to Shirogane as of yet)?

I also finally return to XIV after initially hitting level 50. Getting through the pre-patch material so I can start HeavensWard. I keep hearing the expansion material is Grade A material.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to find apply for the Reset Era Linkshell besides going to the guild housing (I do not have access to Shirogane as of yet)?

I also finally return to XIV after initially hitting level 50. Getting through the pre-patch material so I can start HeavensWard. I keep hearing the expansion material is Grade A material.

If you can find someone online, you can right click their name and apply to the FC that way. I'm not online now so I can't be much help but you could also right click their name from any menus as well so if there's a way to search a player by their FC or if you are in a linkshell that has any of us in it, that would work as well.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eureka seems pretty hard to do being lower leveled. Trying to get my ilvl 335 weapon but no groups are hunting NM's where I can get crystals.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Eureka is going to die when 5.0 comes out unless they make it more solo friendly.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Eureka is going to die when 5.0 comes out unless they make it more solo friendly.

I don't really get this as a criticism of the content, yet everyone keeps saying it. Did Coil die after 2.x? Sure, but that didn't make it any less fun when it was current. I think Eureka's been great and I'm looking forward to trying BA when I hit 60.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really get this as a criticism of the content, yet everyone keeps saying it. Did Coil die after 2.x? Sure, but that didn't make it any less fun when it was current. I think Eureka's been great and I'm looking forward to trying BA when I hit 60.
Coil is still clearable via PF pretty easily, in fact I see it pops every now and then in there and a fair amount of it is soloable(especially with a Paladin). It' salso part of stuff like Khloe so it gets people going there every now and then.

Eureka is realistically not clearable content once people stop going in there, because you need a minimum amount of people to do the NMs(and spawn them at an acceptable rate), and you need to do the NMs to progress the weapons/armors.

Generally speaking they make an effort to not complete depreciate old content but Diadem for the most part is dead(can still enter the Matron one and gather stuff in there which is something I guess) and Eureka will most likely follow, unless they add a way to do it with less people or a reason for people who don't want to do it to still do it, roulette and stuff but not sure how that'd work in the concept of Eureka... maybe a new challenge log with good rewards so people go in there once a week and do some NMs?

I don't think it's that bad but it's pretty sad to have all that content just go to waste, and it'll make it hard/impossible for people to do the whole "relic on every class" things if they missed this expansion, while you can still go and do your anima or zeta at any point.

Stanicle

Oct 27, 2017
So i decided to finally get back into this game. Never really played much to begin with. Keep hearing how good the game got so wanting to see for myself.

Looking to join Era's FC and am on Ultros. Trying to search for some of you guys to apply for it, but not having any luck. Char name is Aetton Staniclies if someone would be kind to help out.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Coil is still clearable via PF pretty easily, in fact I see it pops every now and then in there and a fair amount of it is soloable(especially with a Paladin). It' salso part of stuff like Khloe so it gets people going there every now and then.

Eureka is realistically not clearable content once people stop going in there, because you need a minimum amount of people to do the NMs(and spawn them at an acceptable rate), and you need to do the NMs to progress the weapons/armors.

Generally speaking they make an effort to not complete depreciate old content but Diadem for the most part is dead(can still enter the Matron one and gather stuff in there which is something I guess) and Eureka will most likely follow, unless they add a way to do it with less people or a reason for people who don't want to do it to still do it, roulette and stuff but not sure how that'd work in the concept of Eureka... maybe a new challenge log with good rewards so people go in there once a week and do some NMs?

I don't think it's that bad but it's pretty sad to have all that content just go to waste, and it'll make it hard/impossible for people to do the whole "relic on every class" things if they missed this expansion, while you can still go and do your anima or zeta at any point.

Then they can nerf it into the ground like coil is and make it the equivalent of making coil soloable. Have nm's spawn on a timer, make them about as strong as regular fates out in the world. Maybe take out the level sync and get rid of the death penalty. Any of this would make it easy to do and possible to do for people who want relics. The whole data center gets funneled into one instance so even when it's "dead" you might get one to two parties in there who want to do relics, or get the mounts or glamours. The could do any number of things to make it doable with that many people. It will be nothing like they designed Eureka to be, but doing coil solo is nothing like that was designed to be either.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
hey question, i went away for a while , back. Uh Want to do eureaka stuff, is pagos still trash?

NM pop rate is increased. EXP, Light gain, and crystals from NMs have been increased. There's an EXP buff in Pagos if you decide to chain party. And there's also a buff to your challenge logs.

Pagos is still trash compared to the next two zones. Logos Actions make the next two areas MUCH better.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Can someone explain the logos actions and pyros to me like I'm new to the game

Part of the reason why I'm so reluctant to continue my relic (I did pagos) is that it sounds so confusing. I don't get it. How do I get actions? I have a few conceptual logograms but god knows what they're for. I know I need 30 actions for the relic but that's about it. If they explained this whole thing in-game, apparently I've missed it.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone explain the logos actions and pyros to me like I'm new to the game

Part of the reason why I'm so reluctant to continue my relic (I did pagos) is that it sounds so confusing. I don't get it. How do I get actions? I have a few conceptual logograms but god knows what they're for. I know I need 30 actions for the relic but that's about it. If they explained this whole thing in-game, apparently I've missed it.

you get logograms from Elementals, Chains, NMs, Bunny Chests.

You trade those in to have them identified as a logos action. You use these solo (I.E. Paralyze L) to create the Paralyze action. Or you combine them (Like 3x Paralyze Ls) to create Paralyze 3.

You can initially only equip 1 action at a time and store 3. Eventually you can create two simultaneously and store 6. They are not required to hit level60 but certain ones can make your life easier.

I would recommend using this website. https://ffxiv-eureka.com/logograms

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Does anyone know if mobs way below your level in Hydatos can drop moist boxes when adapted?
If the answer is yes, I was thinking about farming those lv 50 monsters right outside the base for a chance of the box for the Sharlayan Aether Oil.
(Got 2 of the plates from Gold Chests, but I still need the other 2 items).

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
As long as you can chain them you should be good? I think?

I wouldn't worry about farming them for the aetheric stabilizers though. I'd worry more about grabbing flasks to get those extra logos action slots.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
As long as you can chain them you should be good? I think?

I wouldn't worry about farming them for the aetheric stabilizers though. I'd worry more about grabbing flasks to get those extra logos action slots.
Oh, is chaining necessary? I'm out of luck then, I guess.
I'm doing bunnies whenever I can, got 2 flasks so far, but not that many silver chests.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Have Drake appraise them.
Yeah, just found it. Thank you for your help!

RANT TIME.

God damn it's almost infuriating how abstruse this shit is. Drake doesn't even have a marker on his head. I must have skipped the text box saying I had to talk to him 6 months ago because I don't ever recall having to do this. Let's not even mention these quest objectives. It's just lazy design to force the player to google the stupid locations. No one remembers this shit either so it's not like shouting does anything.

On the topic of shouting. I love how I can die 10ft from an NM and these assholes won't bother to res me until the thing is dead. Like damn okay. I'm a level 36, you're level 50. And you can't spend a single GCD to raise????

I spent maybe hmmm. Four hours in Pyros tonight. Running from NM to NM. The thing that's frustrating me most is just not having a mount. Taking it away doesn't add anything to the game. It makes it frustrating. No one is waiting for the new player to haul ass over the other side of the map before pulling.

I'll probably continue with it but eeeeh. I really hope they don't tie another relic to this crap.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff

On the topic of shouting. I love how I can die 10ft from an NM and these assholes won't bother to res me until the thing is dead. Like damn okay. I'm a level 36, you're level 50. And you can't spend a single GCD to raise????

They might actually not be able to see you. I had some guy popping off in yell chat that no one was raising him. I asked him to post his pos cos I couldn't see him. I stood on top of the flag, zoomed into the floor, still couldn't see him. HM over, people start scattering. He then appears into view. Rezzed him and he didn't even thank me.

If they're in your party, then they're asshats for not rezzing you, or you're straying too far from your healers/rezzers and they're getting annoyed trying to find you all the time.

But yeah, sometimes you don't get rezzed during high-population fights because people simply can't see you.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
On a positive note: I really enjoy the map variety that Eureka is giving us. It's some really gorgeous stuff. Eureka hate has been done to death at this point so don't mind my rambling.

They might actually not be able to see you. I had some guy popping off in yell chat that no one was raising him. I asked him to post his pos cos I couldn't see him. I stood on top of the flag, zoomed into the floor, still couldn't see him. HM over, people start scattering. He then appears into view. Rezzed him and he didn't even thank me.

If they're in your party, then they're asshats for not rezzing you, or you're straying too far from your healers/rezzers and they're getting annoyed trying to find you all the time.

But yeah, sometimes you don't get rezzed during high-population fights because people simply can't see you.
I always make sure to stay in range of healers but yeah, could be that. It was annoying but it happens I suppose xD

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Healing in Eureka is such a pain in the ass. 9 times out of 10 someone in my party has aggro on some random ass fucking mob that got pulled and eventually I pull aggro and then I die.

I stopped healing in Anemos.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

RANT TIME.

God damn it's almost infuriating how abstruse this shit is. Drake doesn't even have a marker on his head. I must have skipped the text box saying I had to talk to him 6 months ago because I don't ever recall having to do this. Let's not even mention these quest objectives. It's just lazy design to force the player to google the stupid locations. No one remembers this shit either so it's not like shouting does anything.
I'll disagree heavily with this at least. You not remembering Drake because you took a break isn't really an issue with the game, sorry. Especially when he's standing next to the Logos machine thing, so it makes sense to click him see if he has anything to say. Or to open the ingame active help for logos, which actually tell you to get them appraised by Drake.

As for the quests, that's the whole point, that they're not marked. You don't NEED to google them. You can explore and find them yourself, I did for all of them. They tell you in which region they are and you're meant to look around for them. If you can't be bothered that's fine since you can look it up, but saying it's bad design because they made them specifically with the intent of making them harder than "go where the circle is on your minimap and click on the thing" like every other quests(minus the couple of quests in ARR and HW that do the same thing) is pretty reductive.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
IMO, it's bad design because you're actively punished for exploring by yourself in Eureka. Doesn't make sense to surround objectives with a thousand mobs 5+ levels above the level the quest actually comes from and then remove exp when a player dies trying to get to it. That's just silly.

The Drake thing is my fault, sure. But how hard would it be to stick an objective marker on his head? Haha. I mean. I'm surely not the only person to take a break from the game. And the whole area is surrounded by useless NPCs that don't do anything. Coming back, I had no reason to believe Drake would be any different. I just think it could be better explained.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I think something that would help is giving him a title like how the merchant NPCs work. Hydratos has a shitload of NPCs with different tasks.

Drake
<<Logogram>>

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Drake does have a marker over his head when you first start the zone. He also gets one when you register enough logograms iirc.

Yeah, the mob density in Pyros is reeaaaaally annoying at first, I always throw a wisdom of the platebearer up to at least help me survive a little while longer. Once you attune to all the aetherites, it gets easier. Challenge log resets today so that should help you jump a couple of levels.

Also for the love of god, please don't do bunnies until you're a high enough level to walk around the bottom half of the pyros map without aggroing stuff. Those stupid bunnies led me to my death so many times. 100% the most annoying thing about Eureka.

Fandriss

Nov 13, 2017
France
After 4 years of waiting, I finally have my own house !! Since the system was implemented I've been trying to get one and got frustrated at how difficult and expensive it was. Now that i'm back in the game, sitting on a pile of 15 million unused gils, I figured I could try one last time.

I actively camped every available spot in the last few days and got lucky this morning ! It's a shit plot (The Goblet spot 23) but it's mine ! Now i don't want to lose it so i'm never unsubbing again :o

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing this, or ARR a couple days ago thanks to the free twitch prime giveaway. I'm kinda having a lot of fun despite the world seeming a little dead right now. Curious of two things though, which is the most active server on EU? I'm on shiva right now but could always start another character. Second if I want to stick with it what's the cheapest way to get all content? Is there a bundle or anything?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I started playing this, or ARR a couple days ago thanks to the free twitch prime giveaway. I'm kinda having a lot of fun despite the world seeming a little dead right now. Curious of two things though, which is the most active server on EU? I'm on shiva right now but could always start another character. Second if I want to stick with it what's the cheapest way to get all content? Is there a bundle or anything?
Can't speak to the server stuff, but each expansion includes everything that came before it aside from the base game (so if you buy Stormblood, you get it and Heavensward; meanwhile, if you buy the upcoming Shadowbringers, you get it, Stormblood, and Heavensward). However, I'm not sure if buying Shadowbringers will get you access to the other expansions immediately, or if you'll have to wait for the Shadowbringers release date. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
shadowbringers will include heavensward and stormblood, that's probably the cheapest way
BUT if you preorder shadowbringers then you will only be able to access HW and SB during the early access the earliest, which is late june (like few days earlier than official release date)
if you buy stormblood now, you can immediately access those content if you've met the requirements

Livs26

Feb 19, 2019
United States
Don't forget there's an unlimited trial up to level 35, or you can get the starter edition & 30 days for free with twitch prime. Definitely worth checking out!

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks. Hmm tough choice. Makes sense to wait really I guess but its a ways off. Guess I'll see how I feel at the end of the free 30 days . If I do jump in I'll have lots of content to keep me busy until the new expansions at least. Having to account for the monthly cost does make me a bit more hesitant though. Will see if I can grab stormblood somewhere on discount I guess. Maybe cdkeys have it going cheap

Last edited:

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Ah thanks. Hmm tough choice. Makes sense to wait really I guess but its a ways off. Guess I'll see how I feel at the end of the free 30 days . If I do jump in I'll have lots of content to keep me busy until the new expansions at least. Having to account for the monthly cost does make me a bit more hesitant though. Will see if I can grab stormblood somewhere on discount I guess. Maybe cdkeys have it going cheap

When I was looking for it cheap last night CDKeys did have EU Stormblood for cheap (About 18).

Status
Not open for further replies.