• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Down to my last 50k :sweat: mined a lot of mythril ore so I'm hoping that will sell and keep me afloat for a bit.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
o i haven't actually preordered yet but am seriously thinking about jumping back in.

If I preorder digitally on PC does it include the last 2 DLC or do I have to buy them separately?
Incidentally I think Stormblood is 50% off on Steam until the 3rd or so of this month. 55% if you already have Starter Edition.

So you might do what I did, and preorder ShB and get StB anyway >_<

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hmm so if my account is on Lamia right now and wanted to join the FC in Ultros, this change server move doesn't really affect me right? Since both are on Primal and are staying there, there's no free move?

My interpretation of "free transfers for all characters on the affected data center(s)" was that everyone in each respective region was eligible during the mentioned 2-week window. Primal is still 'affected' by losing some servers, after all.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
Getting anything sub 50 in a leveling roulette is such a boring chore when you have extremely limited access to your abilities. I hope in 5.0 they allow people to use all their abilities in every instance.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Wow the companion app is... pretty awful, huh.
Pretty much yeah. I installed it, got the favorite TP thing, checked it out a bit and then uninstalled it. You keep the favored destination anyway so it's more or less free if you don't mind giving square enix some info about your phone(which if you use the authenticator is already done, and honestly the info isn't really private anyway so kinda don't care personally but eh).

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I need to subscribe to that app so I can get more saddlebag space and a 10th retainer. I need more room!

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question maybe, but what are the things folks make sure to do daily and weekly in the game? I want to check if I'm missing any obvious lockouts I should be more careful with.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So thinking about getting back into playing this soon, so I can do the 4.x content before Shadowbringers releases... Just trying to consider how to get back into things (especially since I noticed all my UI is gone from when I briefly logged in during a 4-day free play last year).
Played SCH, but was thinking about trying to level AST. Should I just like, run dungeons to get back into the swing of things when I do?

Edit: Shadowbringers pre-ordered at least.

Last edited:

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Weird question maybe, but what are the things folks make sure to do daily and weekly in the game? I want to check if I'm missing any obvious lockouts I should be more careful with.
Daily stuff: Roulettes, Beast tribes, GC turn ins(crafting/gathering), leves(6 a day caps at 100), gather a gazelleskin map to sell/use, mini cactpot, centurio bounties, squadron command missions

Weekly: O12N for the crystalloid if you don't do savage, savage otherwise, orbonne if you don't run savage/want more upgrade thingies(will need the other 2 24man to finish the upgrade thingie), jumbo cactpot+fashion report+various tournaments, challenge log stuff(Eureka especially if doing Eureka lvling still), BLU carnival, cap tomes obviously, centurio/ARR B ranks, squadron command mission(the good one with FC buff scrolls), doman enclave, custom deliveries, khloe book

Think that about sums it up, what you actually do depends on what activities you're interested in though

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Down to my last 50k :sweat: mined a lot of mythril ore so I'm hoping that will sell and keep me afloat for a bit.
Thought it was far more profitable to gather mats and craft them into ingots or w/e with a macro.

Cause the people who do a lot of crafting wouldn't want to bother with getting the mats first and crafting the mats into basic things just so they can craft what they want ... so they would pay more to skip that step.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I think I'm sold. I've grabbed the expansions, managed to grind back to 50 on ultros and am planning to sub. Guess this will be my first MMO

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm making my way to Stormblood and just gotta say, I love Raubahn's VO (Jason Miller).

And looking it up, he changes VOs in the expansions so I'm crushed now...

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thought it was far more profitable to gather mats and craft them into ingots or w/e with a macro.

Cause the people who do a lot of crafting wouldn't want to bother with getting the mats first and crafting the mats into basic things just so they can craft what they want ... so they would pay more to skip that step.

Maybe - I just sorted the MB by demand and saw mythril ore at the top and went for it. I also sold some spare cobalt ingots. :)

Last edited:

Mature

Oct 25, 2017
For PRIMAL members - from 6pm EST tonight we're gonna start Qing for Rival Wings (Hidden Gorge). We are gonna be running for 6/7 hours. So if you in need of any of the "Monkey" mounts today is your chance to clock a runs and wins! Big gathering like every Saturday!
See you there!

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Any raid group at o11s have room for a dps? I've got 7 books and need the 8th to finally buy my damn BiS pants for my DRG. I'm on Ultros so would obviously need a group on the Primal DC.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I would join a PF for that. I was in your same situation for weeks (needed token for monk pants), and PF was the only way for me to get a clear.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Hopped on my primal alt that still had the Road to 60 EXP buff. Spent a week doing MSQ from Corrupted Crystals -> Entering Ishgard proper.

Decided to swap her from a SCH to AST since I'm making my SMN a SCH and sweet jesus Road to 60 + Earring + Rested + Armoury Bonus + FC = +500% EXP per dungeon kill.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yay finally got the Namazu mount. Their quest line was pretty fun (I'd say the Namazu are easily my favorite beast tribe of the ones I've done so far), but kind of glad to be taking a break from Beast tribe dailies for now.

yxxP8Oq.jpg

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I know this will be purely guessing/speculation before May or whenever the battle systems stuff is previewed, but what do you all think will become of the WAR skill Equilibrium in ShB with the TP/MP rework and all? HP all the time? HP in defiance, MP in deliverance? Gone?

This question brought to you by "I realised lately I sometimes panic-use it for the wrong purpose relative to current stance (thereby wasting it)".

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I imagine it'll restore 20% of your MP (Similiar to how it currently restores 200 TP).

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I don't think they'd need to do much more, TP becoming MP for most classes should just mean skill that affected TP do the same for MP now, but they might be restricted to classes(for example Goad might only be targettable on DoW to simulate the old function, or could be removed entirely with invigorate being buffed to compensate). Or they could leave it and basically let people use Goad/Mana Shift at will. Although in this comparison, Mana Shift feels pretty weak when it costs you ressources while Goad is free.

It's for classes like PLD and DRK that the change will be more meaningful in terms of how they work it out. Will they make PLD deplete their main combat ressource really quickly during Requiescat phases, that sounds messy? Are they ok basically giving them infinite "TP" via Riot Blade(same for DRK with siphon) while WARs don't have the option? Doubt it so they will probably rework the whole thing to use different ressources instead. For example Requiescat costing gauge, and letting you use Holy Spirit for the duration with no actual cost(unusable otherwise).

But then what of Clemency, would it work the same, would it just consume gauge directly? I think consuming say 15gauge per clemency or whatever might work out similarily to the current system. It'd also make the oath gauge actually meaningful if they link the old mp abilities to it, versus the current boring usage of the gauge.

For DRK, I assume they might tie Dark Arts to the Blood Gauge too maybe. Obviously that'd mean getting the gauge earlier and getting ways to fill it up earlier.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I just beat Pagos and got my weapon. What's the best way to start Pyros? I found Pagos very frustrating until I did challenge logs until 25. Being able to unlock all the teleporters made it much more bearable. I am running into the same thing wiht Pyros. The map sucks for getting around so it is very difficult at 36. Should I stick around Pagos + do my logs each week until I hit 40?

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I just beat Pagos and got my weapon. What's the best way to start Pyros? I found Pagos very frustrating until I did challenge logs until 25. Being able to unlock all the teleporters made it much more bearable. I am running into the same thing wiht Pyros. The map sucks for getting around so it is very difficult at 36. Should I stick around Pagos + do my logs each week until I hit 40?

My opinion would be to do your challenge log in Pyros, at least the sprite ones. Killing sprites in pyros at or above your current level in will yield a ton of conceptual logograms you can use to start setting up logos actions. You should be able to do the NM's in the bottom half of the map (you can attune to the south Aetherite at 37) but I wouldn't try the ones on the north until you can attune up there. Pyros is a pain at the beginning though. There's a ton of enemies and you are going to die a lot. If you can get a friend to come in with you and ride shotgun for raises that helps. Also, if you are a non-tank equipping the Wisdom of the Platebearer logos action can help you stay alive.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have two main questions. 1. How did you do this?
1. get a RCM jig on ebay
2. download kosmos installer for switch homebrew and put on sd card
3. get "In home switching" homebrew
4. setup 90DNS on switch to block nintendo servers
5. hack and enjoy[/QUOTE]

2. Why isn't your character wearing pants?
I enjoy having a bit of sex appeal.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Resubbed after a year and a half.
... spent a good 3.5 hours just redoing my UI and then running old 2.0 Duties to try and get used to the controls and my SCH skills again, lol

Oct 27, 2017
So I quit this game a couple years back midway through the 2.0 patch story content. I tried to rush through it and burnt out. Finally came back, picked up Stormblood, and went through Heavensward with Red Mage. What an improvement, I never felt I was wasting my time with fetch quests. I'm almost done with HW but I got a quick question:

The Warrior of Darkness arc: What was the motivation for Hydalyn to destroy the first world with light, and why did she all of a sudden do a 180 and be like nevermind? And Minfilia sacrificed herself because...?

Also why did Papalymo sacrifice himself on Baelsar's Wall? I'm the fucking Warrior of Light™ slaying primals is my jam

I'm really curious what the combat changes will be for Shadowbringers, and as a PS4 player I hope they'll let us do combos on a single button like they have in pvp. Has Yoshida said anything about that? I checked the ridiculously downvote happy ffxiv subreddit and they all seem to be against it...

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
So I quit this game a couple years back midway through the 2.0 patch story content. I tried to rush through it and burnt out. Finally came back, picked up Stormblood, and went through Heavensward with Red Mage. What an improvement, I never felt I was wasting my time with fetch quests. I'm almost done with HW but I got a quick question:

The Warrior of Darkness arc: What was the motivation for Hydalyn to destroy the first world with light, and why did she all of a sudden do a 180 and be like nevermind? And Minfilia sacrificed herself because...?

Also why did Papalymo sacrifice himself on Baelsar's Wall? I'm the fucking Warrior of Light™ slaying primals is my jam

I'm really curious what the combat changes will be for Shadowbringers, and as a PS4 player I hope they'll let us do combos on a single button like they have in pvp. Has Yoshida said anything about that? I checked the ridiculously downvote happy ffxiv subreddit and they all seem to be against it...
She didn't deliberately destroy the world with light AFAIK. The WoDs were too good at their job and upset the balance between Light and Dark, and caused a flood of light. She could actually hear the prayers of the WoDs but was too weak to respond/help until Urianger schemed to get all their crystals together with the WoL's.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who mains DRG I have a way to auto switch hotbars. However its not 100% effective and honestly leads to some issues.

You can save copies of your crosshot by typing /crosshotbar copy JOB # JOB #. I do this with my normal hotbar setup so when I hit the 5th combo on DRG it swaps my hotbar to the next combo. The only issue is since its a macro instead of an ability you can't queue it and you have to add a /wait 1 to prevent it from immediately swapping over thereby screwing you over (But to be fair for DRG you're not completely boned because your 5th combo is your 4th on the other combo).

I tried doing this with Samurai to create 1 button combos and honestly it did not work out well because of the limitations macros had. I would hope they do it but I don't see anything that suggests they're going to move 1 button combos from being PvP only to PvE.

Anyway tl;dr feel free to do it but understand that you'll probably hinder yourself in the long run if you're trying to squeeze out dps.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Imagine being so offended at someone using the throw emote during an instance that you vote and boot them. Bunch of snowflakes.

odG6HxI.jpg

Not even gonna lie, I honestly thought he was joking when he said that. I'm speechless? It's not like I spammed it during the instance either. It was the new 24 man and we were on last boss. I used it on one occasion when he said that.

Edited names out. Taa, Qvoth.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Yikes. Could always report it as an abuse of the vote kick system.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
On a different note, I finished my PLD relic. I'm insane. Took maybe hmmm. A week of playing every night? I had the Pyros step done entirely just from left over crystals (and all the special nm items for each stage) so that saved a lot of time. Pagos went quicker than expected too but I actually hurt my wrist because of the light farming. I think that step could do with more nerfs buuuuuut I suppose it's already quick getting the relic once you're max level and SE can't make it too trivial. 31 light bars is just too much for what you're actually doing though.

Definitely a cool looking weapon. Glad I got something I like after the disappointment of the SCH one.

For the sake of my wrist (and my sanity, haha) I'm not gonna do any more Eureka. I'd love to get a DPS relic too while I'm on holidays but it's just not worth it. I joke about AFKing through it all but honestly that's the only way to approach this content and enjoy it. Would have loved to try Ozma too but I fear that's a gil sink with the logos so eeeeh.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Is the second Eureka still active or should I just write off the relic at this point? I'd like to get at least one for glamour, I still even use my zetas sometimes

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Is the second Eureka still active or should I just write off the relic at this point? I'd like to get at least one for glamour, I still even use my zetas sometimes
Still active. Hardest part will be getting the pagos light but NM trains are still a thing.

I've seen someone get a relic from Anemos -> Hydratos in two days. (Granted they did this as a SAM with maxed out Elemental bonus gear)

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Not gonna lie, the Sadu solo duty fight in 4.4 is pretty damn tough. Can't quite get her down before Meteor hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.