• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is the second Eureka still active or should I just write off the relic at this point? I'd like to get at least one for glamour, I still even use my zetas sometimes
From what I saw over the last week, Pagos is still super active. People are still running NM trains, spawning louhi, and there's always a light farm or two to join.

I had to get a couple of crystals from Anemos (the first zone) too and noticed that was kinda dead though. There's a chance I was just a bit unlucky but I kept being put into instances with 3-10 people in them all day. In a way it kinda offered me a glimpse of how difficult this stuff is gonna be once the expansion hits and the trains go away. Can you imagine trying to spawn NMs and farm light all by yourself in a year's time? Nevertheless traversing these zones while under-levelled and without a mount. Sure everything scales to the player count but I predict it's gonna be extremely rough and time consuming.

Best to get it over with now

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
From what I saw over the last week, Pagos is still super active. People are still running NM trains, spawning louhi and there's always a light farm or two to join.

I had to get a couple of crystals from Anemos (the first zone) too and noticed that was kinda dead though. There's a chance I was just a bit unlucky but I kept being put into instances with 3-10 people in them all day. In a way it kinda offered me a glimpse of how difficult this stuff is gonna be once the expansion hits and the trains go away. Can you imagine trying to spawn NMs and farm light all by yourself in a year's time? Sure stuff scales but I predict it's gonna be extremely rough and time consuming.

Best to get it over with now

I'm hoping they'll do something to make the relics quicker and soloable once the expansion is out like they did with the old ones but not sure what. I think I'm something like lv 26 and I already have a few Anemos weapons so done with that place luckily

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
EUROPEAN PLAYERS (that will be on Light server)
With the upcoming Data Centre splits, if anyone is looking for an FC to join, we're actively recruiting in our long-time established one on SHIVA (Light Server).

Our FC has been pretty much mega active since day one but after a few of our big members left (quit the game) it's been slowly getting quieter as the run of to end-of-expansion burnout.

It'll be busy again on launch but it would be nice to house people who feel a bit homeless/lost with the data centre split.

If you're interested;
  • Large Plot in Shirogane (plot 30) with fully upgrade ships and subs
  • Open access to guild buffs to all members (Just don't delete a buff if it's running)
  • Open access to chest (after you've been with us for a bit so nothing get's nicked and ditched)
  • Long-term established members since launch. Most of our members are pretty content clear, if not just haven't done UboC or UwU. Some have.
  • Mostly non-weeby FC (rare!) where you can hold a conversation without someone saying "Uguuuu" or "XD RAWR" etc anime is okay but we're just avoiding that super hyper 13-year old person who does that kind of thing.
  • Nice mix of people from all over the EU as well as a lot of members from England, Scotland, Wales. We speak mostly English but there is some German too.
  • Teamspeak and Discord - when expac hype is up we tend to come together and get excited about announcements
  • World 1st Achievement getter is in our ranks, so you'll always have someone to farm the new content with if there are achievements (hehe)
  • A mix of ages from 20s to mid-30s.
Ping me a message and I can get you set up. We're on SHIVA. FC Lodestone: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9232801448574590302/

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
So is Pagos or rest endgame stuff pointless if your a Sam class. I just started up playing again and last time was before Heavensward I got my PlD to Curtana relic and stopped. I noticed Sam does not have a relic weapon but was that changed with Eureka stuff

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
So is Pagos or rest endgame stuff pointless if your a Sam class. I just started up playing again and last time was before Heavensward I got my PlD to Curtana relic and stopped. I noticed Sam does not have a relic weapon but was that changed with Eureka stuff

SAM doesn't have a 2.0 or 3.0 relic weapon (because it wasn't our during ARR or Heavensward). It does have a 4.0 Relic Weapon (Eureka) so you can do all of Eureka for the SAM weapon.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017

Jobs don't have relics from expansions before they existed, they all have Stormblood ones except blue mage

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I just started Stormblood quest last night so be interesting what I feel like doing before Shadowbringers is out. I might grind that or do Dark Knight class

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This might be too anecdotal to confirm, but I've been seeing a fair amount of new players running older dungeons, which led to my FC claiming that FFXIV has been scooping up a large surge of WoW players who grew burnt out by the latter. They're claiming that FFXIV is now on the fast track to being the number one MMORPG in the world.

I would be honestly surprised if that was the case, but also pleased.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been laid up for a bit due to a foot injury and figured I'd start a new character to see the story again. Playing it piecemeal over the years I've forgotten a of little things and who some characters are. It's been fun starting completely fresh. Just finished the main story in 2.0, and now the grind to Heavensward.

This might be too anecdotal to confirm, but I've been seeing a fair amount of new players running older dungeons, which led to my FC claiming that FFXIV has been scooping up a large surge of WoW players who grew burnt out by the latter. They're claiming that FFXIV is now on the fast track to being the number one MMORPG in the world.

I can definitely say I've seen a ton of new players as I've been going through the game again. A lot more than when I had been leveling classes somewhat recently. Queue times for DPS are even down quite a bit. At least I assume they're new and not doing an alt like me.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

As a new player myself, I'm seeing a lot of new players too; one person I befriended told me they were a "WoW refugee". I hear the same sentiment a lot. A friend of mine who basically played WoW for most of his life just dropped BFA one day and hasn't played it in months.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played through ARR and Heavensward pretty recently. Never ran into any issues with q's even as a dps.

Got a couple of friends to start playing with me this past week in anticipation of shadowbringers releasing in the summer so I want to start learning Dark Knight because it looks dope as fuck and it will help them out as well.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget there's that Twitch deal now; that's also probably responsible for the influx of new players.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017

I can confirm seeing a whole bunch of newbies. I ran Tam Tara Deepcroft yesterday with a Conjurer who was so new and only played healer that she didn't know that using Protect at the beginning of the dungeon was standard. I told her to run the Hall of the Novice for a ring and some gear afterward and she was excited to check it out.

On the same hand, I've also been seeing a lot of clearly boosted characters--usually tanks--who have a very WoW vibe to them at times, mostly because of their attitude. Yesterday my FC mate was mount farming and the tank kept pulling without a countdown, with a Summoner in the party. It is usual to do a 15 sec countdown for Summoners and Ninjas so they can prep their openers, but this tank refused to do so and when he got annoyed enough he opted for a 5 second countdown, which is better but still not very helpful and a dick move. The other tank was probably a friend because he backed him up (and they shared servers) when my FC mate tried to call him out on the no countdown.

Other times I'll run mentor roulette and see stuff like Paladins not being in a stance at all or just being a Sword Oath main, Dark Knights dropping Darkside and Healers spamming heals. (My ears nearly bled when I ran a trial with two White Mages who spammed Medica II every 15 seconds @_@)

You see some shit in Mentor Roul.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can confirm seeing a whole bunch of newbies. I ran Tam Tara Deepcroft yesterday with a Conjurer who was so new and only played healer that she didn't know that using Protect at the beginning of the dungeon was standard. I told her to run the Hall of the Novice for a ring and some gear afterward and she was excited to check it out.

On the same hand, I've also been seeing a lot of clearly boosted characters--usually tanks--who have a very WoW vibe to them at times, mostly because of their attitude. Yesterday my FC mate was mount farming and the tank kept pulling without a countdown, with a Summoner in the party. It is usual to do a 15 sec countdown for Summoners and Ninjas so they can prep their openers, but this tank refused to do so and when he got annoyed enough he opted for a 5 second countdown, which is better but still not very helpful and a dick move. The other tank was probably a friend because he backed him up (and they shared servers) when my FC mate tried to call him out on the no countdown.

Other times I'll run mentor roulette and see stuff like Paladins not being in a stance at all or just being a Sword Oath main, Dark Knights dropping Darkside and Healers spamming heals. (My ears nearly bled when I ran a trial with two White Mages who spammed Medica II every 15 seconds @_@)

Boy have I seen some dumb shit with tanks lately (I normally DRK but was leveling WHM).

We were in a 60+ dungeon where a party member kindly tells the DRK to turn on Darkside. He immediately flips out, ranting about how he has to constantly blacklist people who tell him to turn it on.

He claimed turning it on decreased his attack. All three of us (once again kindly) tell him that's not the case. He responded with "Whatever, I don't care. I'll never turn it on."

Gotta love when someone doubles down on their stupidity.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yikes
Boy have I seen some dumb shit with tanks lately (I normally DRK but was leveling WHM).

We were in a 60+ dungeon where a party member kindly tells the DRK to turn on Darkside. He immediately flips out, ranting about how he has to constantly blacklist people who tell him to turn it on.

He claimed turning it on decreased his attack. All three of us (once again kindly) tell him that's not the case. He responded with "Whatever, I don't care. I'll never turn it on."

Gotta love when someone doubles down on their stupidity.
Even more yikes

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't know Shared Hotbars were a thing.
... so I wasted an hour setting up a AST hotbar layout, 'cause I wanna learn that Job, accidentally overwriting my SCH hotbar.
... One day I'll get back to actually playing this and not just moving around hotbars @_@

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me if I am WAR tanking and don't have the stance on. I've reached level 45 and I still forget to turn it on at the start of the dungeon sometimes.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody know a good basic guide for collectables + scrips?

Slowly getting closer to wanting to mess around with those systems and every time I start looking into how they work, rotations, best methods etc I feel like I come away even more confused. Mainly interested in focusing on gatherers at the moment since my crafters still need levelling.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Any ranged (MCH or BRD) available for some UwU tomorrow for a couple of hours? Need a sub. This group is relatively new. Just cleaning up the end of Ifrit / Titan prog.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Finally finished (BA upgrade aside) my relic yesterday, also bought a V. Cloak a while back since it's pretty cheap on MB now (1.2 mil if you buy the cloth). Out of all the Eurekas, Hydatos has been the most boring one. On one hand I'm glad that aetherytes unlock early and you can get to most spots on the map without having to run through narrow corridors with mobs. On the other, everything about it is bland.
I think I'll watch some videos and try my luck in BA today, but I'm really scared. Seeing half of the instance ride on the Ozma mounts makes me think it might be better than 1-2 weeks ago, but I'm still very nervous about it.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man I'm starting to wish there was some sort of token system to get armor from the 24 man raids. Just want the caster chest piece from Orbonne Monastery but never see it show up. Plus since so many people play RDM on average it seems pretty tough to win the roll even if it does show up. I'd settle for a system that drops an armor token per clear per week if it meant I could get a guaranteed armor piece after like 4-5 weeks of clears. Though at least one positive of running Orbonne each week is I've slowly managed to get the other caster armor pieces so I'm at least getting close to i390 on RDM just by running the raid each week. And it's at least a pretty fun raid to run in general.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the lvl 50 cap get removed immediately after I install Heavensward or do I have to get through those patch quests first? I don't want to waste any exp.. also I did the Aurum Vale tonight and only wiped 3 times !! :D

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Does the lvl 50 cap get removed immediately after I install Heavensward or do I have to get through those patch quests first? I don't want to waste any exp.. also I did the Aurum Vale tonight and only wiped 3 times !! :D
Gets removed immediately but if I were you I'd power through those quests since there's 100 of them between 2.1 and 3.0

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Ok! So power through them with the cap on? I haven't installed it yet.
If you're definitely gonna get the expansion, you might as well do it now so you're getting the extra EXP. Just a waste otherwise.

Man I'm starting to wish there was some sort of token system to get armor from the 24 man raids. Just want the caster chest piece from Orbonne Monastery but never see it show up. Plus since so many people play RDM on average it seems pretty tough to win the roll even if it does show up. I'd settle for a system that drops an armor token per clear per week if it meant I could get a guaranteed armor piece after like 4-5 weeks of clears. Though at least one positive of running Orbonne each week is I've slowly managed to get the other caster armor pieces so I'm at least getting close to i390 on RDM just by running the raid each week. And it's at least a pretty fun raid to run in general.
I remember seeing people suggest this kinda stuff back when Void Ark was new. Crazy that it's been what... three years?! And it's still an issue.

Last edited:

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Seen and been part few wipes on the 3 original raids. Seen wipes on bone dragon due to tanks not moving it been part of wipe on Phlegethon due to people not running to pads. Near wipes on Cloud of Darkness also seen complete failures on Atomos due to people rushing and not having enough players on pads

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
So I'm lvl 17 now I really enjoy this game a lot honestly. I was a tad worried about starting the game for the first time and everyone being max lvl but honestly this game does such a good job I feel with giving you all these different ways to level up. I got the trial from the Twitch and I'm really thinking about subbing to this game since at this moment I honestly don't play anything else and this has been a great way for me to relax a bit. The music is so damn good too. I miss the difficulty of FF11 but i'm sure later levels will solve that for me

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So I'm lvl 17 now I really enjoy this game a lot honestly. I was a tad worried about starting the game for the first time and everyone being max lvl but honestly this game does such a good job I feel with giving you all these different ways to level up. I got the trial from the Twitch and I'm really thinking about subbing to this game since at this moment I honestly don't play anything else and this has been a great way for me to relax a bit. The music is so damn good too. I miss the difficulty of FF11 but i'm sure later levels will solve that for me
The game is kinda weird in regards to difficulty. In regards to dungeons, in my opinion there is no level 70 dungeon that's harder than a level 20 dungeon, for example. (edit: I forgot about the level 59 dungeon but that seems to be more of an exception than anything else). In fact I'd go as far to say that they're all getting progressively easier as they're released. Trials I'd argue are getting easier too, though the extreme versions are a decent challenge for casual players at this point. They all have some gimmick.

There's definitely stuff at end-game that's more hardcore oriented - Savage raids and Ultimates - but Savage raids are made obsolete every 6 months and it's extremely difficult to find any groups willing to go through old content sync'd. Ultimates are difficult and require a lot of time and skill and patience, but there are 'only' two. And the jump from Savage to Ultimate is so big that at this point anyone capable of clearing them probably has... so I honestly dunno how new players would go about trying to get into a good group to even attempt to tackle those (not to mention that even entering the instances require an o4 or o8 savage clear respectively).

Last edited:

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
The game is kinda weird in regards to difficulty. In regards to dungeons, in my opinion there is no level 70 dungeon that's harder than a level 20 dungeon, for example. (edit: I forgot about the level 59 dungeon but that seems to be more of an exception than anything else). In fact I'd go as far to say that they're all getting progressively easier as they're released. Trials I'd argue are getting easier too, though the extreme versions are a decent challenge for casual players at this point. They all have some gimmick.

There's definitely stuff at end-game that's more hardcore oriented - Savage raids and Ultimates - but Savage raids are made obsolete every 6 months and it's extremely difficult to find any groups willing to go through old content sync'd. Ultimates are difficult and require a lot of time and skill and patience, but there are 'only' two. And the jump from Savage to Ultimate is so big that at this point anyone capable of clearing them probably has... so I honestly dunno how new players would go about trying to get into a good group to even attempt to tackle those (not to mention that even entering the instances require an o4 or o8 savage clear respectively).
Cap dungeons are always kinda easier due to everyone outgearing them most of the time. Still, The Burn proved to be decently challenging in pubs with a lot of people getting frozen constantly or getting confused by the fog. Leveling dungeons on the way are still relatively challenging and definitely much more than vanilla dungeons, stuff like The Vault and Bardam's Mettle were notorious for being "hard". Dungeons are dungeons though so in the end, it's not that bad overall especially if you have a competent healer since you can more or less fix all the problems as a healer. I don't know about trials either, Tsukuyomi and Suzaku are noticeably harder than most of the ARR trials besides maybe Titan HM(and King Mog with people who don't read the chat and just DPS the boss but that's a bit of a special case).

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I finally managed to get to the top of the Kugane jumping puzzle, got the sightseeing log, lined myself up and jumped for the lamp..perfectly lined up,but jumped half a step to late.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I finally managed to get to the top of the Kugane jumping puzzle, got the sightseeing log, lined myself up and jumped for the lamp..perfectly lined up,but jumped half a step to late.
As much as I enjoyed spending like 3 hours trying to do the Kugane jump puzzle at the launch of SB I don't think I could bring myself to try and get that lamp post one.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Woo, got it that time. Was having trouble with 1 jump over and over right near the end.. miss = start over. Turns out it's good to sprint there which I was too afraid to try. That time it only took me about 5mins to get up there.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the lamp vista by switching to BLU, using Self-destruct, and having a kind soul already atop the lamp res me so I got ported on top of the lamp. It's the total cheese way to do it.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting back into playing recently. Not hardcore but still trying to make sure I'm caught up for the expansion.

Blue Mage at level 50 with half of the spells learned. Aiming to get all of those before Shadowbringers.

Also started an alt on Cerb, purchased a jump potion cause fuck why not (only level, not story) and slowly working my new SMN Au ra alt through ARR. :D

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
With the licenses between PC and PS4 separate, what would happen if I upgrade to the digital collectors edition? Are the items locked to a certain platform or are they bound to an account?

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
With the licenses between PC and PS4 separate, what would happen if I upgrade to the digital collectors edition? Are the items locked to a certain platform or are they bound to an account?
Pretty sure you only need it for one platform for the CE, since it doesn't have a column for specifically a PS4 CE. IE below is my account's registered platforms, I bought ARR on sale on PS4 for a cheap month since you get the first month for each new platform you buy the base game on. There's only the Windows, PS4, Mac and then the CE column, so I'm pretty sure you get it for every platform since the upgrade is handled through Mogstation.

hMpAp6z.png

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Just wrapped up ARR and moved into Heavensward. Forgot just how good the story gets at the end there--it's really edge-of-seat stuff.

Now onward to my character's destiny as a Dark Knight! Woohoo!

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Cheapest place to get SB? Also, how do i know if my acc is EU or NA? Im in AU -_-
Not sure about the former, but keep in mind that if you're on PC, steam and non-steam keys are incompatible. As for the latter you're likely EU (because PAL). You can check on MogStation under Square Enix Account > account information > region, or under Payment History for Euro / USD.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Has anyone noticed the recent trend of tanking into the party?
What is actually going on?

Just tanks pulling and not turning it around and away. Especially when it's a boss that cleaves and half the people are so on auto-pilot they don't move around either because they assume the tank will turn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.