• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone noticed the recent trend of tanking into the party?
What is actually going on?

Just tanks pulling and not turning it around and away. Especially when it's a boss that cleaves and half the people are so on auto-pilot they don't move around either because they assume the tank will turn it.
Bunch of people leveling dark knight because of Shadowbringers without actually knowing what they are doing from my personal experience.

Though there is a boss in the Alexander raid where you have to cleave the party to share damage and the other tank was like "don't point the boss the party"

So sayth the dead tank who thought he could live through it on his own :^]

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I just went through Temple of Qarn and the bees got me twice.

It's me, I'm the worst tank now.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've started playing and it's enjoyable! I've played Guild Wars 2 a few years back, but got tired of it before the first expansion. My server is Goblin though (from the exp boost from a few years ago), so I can't really join the FC. Currently working on a dragoon (lv 36 I think?) and I got two questions:

1) What am I supposed to do in a dungeon if I as a DPS aggro a boss? The enmity reducer has a rather long cooldown, so that's not always possible. And I doubt I'm meant to stop attacking, right? This happened just recently and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or the tank.

2) I've not done all the math and from a quick glance most rotation guides are based on high level. Basically, I want to know if I'm meant to go: Impulse Drive>Disembowel OR True>Vorpal>Full Trust. The latter dishes out more damage, so I'm not really sure about the purpose of the former for now. Its only application would be if an enemy is low on health, but that seems more or less impossible to gauge in this type of game.

But yes, the game is cool!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I've started playing and it's enjoyable! I've played Guild Wars 2 a few years back, but got tired of it before the first expansion. My server is Goblin though (from the exp boost from a few years ago), so I can't really join the FC. Currently working on a dragoon (lv 36 I think?) and I got two questions:

1) What am I supposed to do in a dungeon if I as a DPS aggro a boss? The enmity reducer has a rather long cooldown, so that's not always possible. And I doubt I'm meant to stop attacking, right? This happened just recently and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or the tank.

2) I've not done all the math and from a quick glance most rotation guides are based on high level. Basically, I want to know if I'm meant to go: Impulse Drive>Disembowel OR True>Vorpal>Full Trust. The latter dishes out more damage, so I'm not really sure about the purpose of the former for now. Its only application would be if an enemy is low on health, but that seems more or less impossible to gauge in this type of game.

I'm in no way an expert, but I think I can answer 1)

I play tank and they should be handling aggro AFAIK. If you're getting aggroed it means they're not keeping aggro on the target. Like, in low-level content I've never had an issue keeping enemies focused on me 100% of the time after an enmity-generating attack or two, with rare exceptions due to boss AI. Things get a little trickier once you have a full (8-person) party but even then tanks should be the overwhelming targets in all situations.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

I used to main DRG so I can help here (though I've not played DRG in a while).

Keep Heavy Thrust up 100% of the times.

Impulse Drive -> Disembowel is for putting a debuff onto the enemy (and that will have chaos thrust iirc soon so it will be ID -> Dis -> Chaos).

T>V>F should be used once suitable buffs are up (HT) and Debuffs applied (Disembowel).

That's all you need to know until you get more skills.

Tip: Always read the skill tooltips. Like Heavy Thrusts DMG buff should be an obvious thing to keep up but I've seen plenty of DRGs who didn't bother in the past. Same with knowing what combos do (like ID -> Dis -> Chaos putting debuffs onto the enemy).

(my info may or may not be out of date, not played DRG since 4.0)

https://www.mooglemedia.com/drg-guide/

^ Quick google gives this guide, hopefully it helps for later on :)

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've certainly noticed an uptick in DRK co-tanks since the reveal, but it hasn't been too much of a problem for me yet.
Can't say I'm looking forward to the idea of fresh Gunbreakers jumping straight into some of the later Alex raids, though.

I just went through Temple of Qarn and the bees got me twice.

It's me, I'm the worst tank now.

tumblr_p3yhmjpmoT1qlalveo1_1280.jpg

:)

What am I supposed to do in a dungeon if I as a DPS aggro a boss? The enmity reducer has a rather long cooldown, so that's not always possible. And I doubt I'm meant to stop attacking, right? This happened just recently and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or the tank.

At level 30, your tank shouldn't be having too much trouble keeping aggro if they're in tank stance, but it happens. In low level dungeons, aggro trouble is usually on the tank not using their AoE enmity skill as often as they should. Keep using Diversion as you can, and if you see the tank or the rest of the party focusing a particular mob down, you should probably follow suit.

The game doesn't really teach you how to tank, for what it's worth.

Deleted member 3040

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.mooglemedia.com/drg-guide/
^ Quick google gives this guide, hopefully it helps for later on :)
Thank you! I fear I might've chosen a complex job if reddit threads are to go by, haha.
I obviously keep the Heavy Thrust buff when possible! I also try to save crit boots for the end of a chain to max output. I wasn't aware the Disembowel debuff applied to all attacks as it just says "piercing resistance", which made me think of Piercing Taloon because I'm a goof >_>'

The game still feels a bit overwhelming, at the very least in dungeons. It's different from what I'm used to which is stressful, but thankfully those who chat are friendly.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! I fear I might've chosen a complex job if reddit threads are to go by, haha.
I obviously keep the Heavy Thrust buff when possible! I also try to save crit boots for the end of a chain to max output. I wasn't aware the Disembowel debuff applied to all attacks as it just says "piercing resistance", which made me think of Piercing Taloon because I'm a goof >_>'

The game still feels a bit overwhelming, at the very least in dungeons. It's different from what I'm used to which is stressful, but thankfully those who chat are friendly.

The debuff applies to jobs who's dmg is mostly piercing. So basically Bards, DRGs and MCH.

Keeping it up means more dmg for those jobs (yourself included).

You'll get used to it all. Remember you can always change jobs in the future without having to reroll like with GW2 and some other MMOs. :)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've certainly noticed an uptick in DRK co-tanks since the reveal, but it hasn't been too much of a problem for me yet.

I've been wanting to level DRK just to see what everyone claims is the best story in the game. I have no interest in tanking full time or tanking Shadowbringers. I played PLD from the time I started the game until 4.1. I'm a terrible tank. I have no desire to main a tank again.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
DRK's story is so good, you have no idea. The 30-50 line (which is basically all I've seen) is just magnificent by itself.

Haha, that's good.

The best part? I am also a Dark Knight!

At level 30, your tank shouldn't be having too much trouble keeping aggro if they're in tank stance, but it happens. In low level dungeons, aggro trouble is usually on the tank not using their AoE enmity skill as often as they should. Keep using Diversion as you can, and if you see the tank or the rest of the party focusing a particular mob down, you should probably follow suit.

The game doesn't really teach you how to tank, for what it's worth.
Oh yeah, this is a good point. If the tank is distracted or just misusing abilities (it happens!) then they might lose aggro for a bit. Also takes a bit to figure out how the aggro mechanics work, and how much leeway you have. It's the tank's mistake but generally not a big deal, and has nothing to do with other party members.

In the more complicated fights, i.e. the dungeons you (Marow ) are going to start seeing, it will be important for the tank to know how the bosses work. So if you have a new tank (or really, any party member) it's a good idea to help them out, or guide them whenever it seems necessary.

Being honest, even when I look up how the dungeons work, I forget a lot of the specifics when in the fray. Over time I'm sure it'll sink it, but it's gonna take a few runs of each dungeon to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey again all

So im new again i did finish most of the HS content and then quit, i see a lot of new changes. Could someone summarize the MAIN BIG changes? Like for example i can see for summoner i didnt need 2 classes anymore O_O

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017

The good news is you don't really have to keep an eye on Heavy Thrust/Disembowel because of the way the rotation works now, you start at Heavy Thrust and then do both your combo chains and then you reapply it and work your way through the combos again. The hardest part of any job in the game IMO is learning the opener at the current level cap and then after that it pretty much flows together naturally for most jobs.

None of the story content in the game requires you to be playing your job at its full potential, since most don't have any enrages and the ones that do are extremely lenient as far as DPS checks go, so as long as you have the basics of the job down you'll be fine.

Hey again all

So im new again i did finish most of the HS content and then quit, i see a lot of new changes. Could someone summarize the MAIN BIG changes? Like for example i can see for summoner i didnt need 2 classes anymore O_O
Yeah, that's one of the big changes they did. You just level a class to 30 and then you get the job, no need to level a second class to 15 anymore. They removed the need to level other classes for abilities as well, now you just get a pool to choose from based on your role. (Tank, healer, melee DPS, physical ranged, magical ranged.)

I think that's the biggest system changes they've done, otherwise with each expansion they've just added more story, dungeons, trials, 8 and 24 man raids, etc. There's a new difficulty of fight above the Savage raids called Ultimate that we have 2 fights of that are extra hard remixes of existing fights in the game (Unending Coil of Bahamut and Ultimate Weapon from the end of 2.0)

Last edited:

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Also re: aggroing as a non-tank, it can sometimes be tempting to panic-kite the enemy that is attacking you (I did that myself when first starting), but it's better to run to the tank so that they can more easily take the enemy's attention off you.

Hey again all

- Only base class at 30 needed to unlock jobs, not secondary also (as you noticed)
- Accordingly, extra skills are role-based, not class-based (so you don't need to level other classes if you don't want to)
- You can have all 10 role skills for classes and jobs (before it was 10 for classes, 5 for jobs)
- Skills were changed around and some were deleted to make room for new ones, so if you have some that are greyed out with a red line, you can delete them from your hotbars.
- Jobs now have special UIs called Job Gauges that track job-specific timers and/or resources

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

They should be able to snap agro off you pretty quickly with their agro combo unless you just went HAM out of the gate with some big crits or something. You *shouldn't* have to stop attacking, but it would help if they're struggling to get agro back. Also, sounds like you're playing DRG, so use both your role action (Diversion) and your agro-reducing jump (Elusive Jump) if necessary.

Keep Disembowel up since it gives the target -5% piercing resistance (DRG, BRD, and MCH attacks are piercing), otherwise use your Full Thrust combo. Once you get the third step of the Disembowel combo, do that combo and then do the Full Thrust combo until you need to refresh the Disembowel combo. Once you get the fourth step of each, you will do each combo once and then start over. This is because by the time you fully execute both combos, it'll be time to refresh Heavy Thrust.

Edit: Beaten many times, that's what I get for not refreshing before replying.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3040

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the advice, all! If there's one thing I like so far it's that the community seems really friendly, at least compared to how I remember GW2. I do wish the chat was more active, but I suppose that's because a) it's downtime before the expansion, b) a lot of the game can be solo'd (in fact, this sorta feels like a single player game with other people around!), and c) chats usually die down after a while, plus I'm likely not on the most active server (Goblin). That said, I've stumbled upon a few friendly faces.

Apart from that, I just really like... well, most things actually. The music is GREAT, the setting is nice, the story is shaping up to be quite interesting despite a slow start (but I like how it makes me run around and become acquainted with the world), and so on. I even just even like the smallest sound effects and such? Plus, I guess it's nice to have a nice character creator and for once I decided to make a female character as most armor seem to have actual armor instead of skimpy outfits (ironically, it seems DRG has one huge exception).

I'm currently running around in the above glamour, though, as I felt it looked nice and is the most consistent while I level up. My next step will have to be figuring our keybindings and how to sort my skills as the two default bars are becoming crowded... need to read up how others sort that.

I've always wanted to play FFXIV but never allowed myself, so it's nice that it's this enjoyable.

Edit. I do have two questions:

1) does anyone here use a reshade mod or do you all use the default colors?

2) while it seems like not all is revealed about how Shadowbringers, which healer role do you prefer to play as of the current ones?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Had my first shot at BA yesterday and what a mess it was. While we ended up killing Owain (with only a tank and one healer or dps left standing in the end), I think the design of the whole thing is a mess. From anyone level 60 being able to enter, to not having any guarantee of people inside having the required actions or even a guarantee that you will have enough people.
I know this is nothing new and most complaints have been the same since it was released, this extremely hard content without any checks to make sure that you'll be able to clear it even if most people do their best (if you don't have Perception or Dispel for example).

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the advice, all! If there's one thing I like so far it's that the community seems really friendly, at least compared to how I remember GW2. I do wish the chat was more active, but I suppose that's because a) it's downtime before the expansion, b) a lot of the game can be solo'd (in fact, this sorta feels like a single player game with other people around!), and c) chats usually die down after a while, plus I'm likely not on the most active server (Goblin). That said, I've stumbled upon a few friendly faces.

Apart from that, I just really like... well, most things actually. The music is GREAT, the setting is nice, the story is shaping up to be quite interesting despite a slow start (but I like how it makes me run around and become acquainted with the world), and so on. I even just even like the smallest sound effects and such? Plus, I guess it's nice to have a nice character creator and for once I decided to make a female character as most armor seem to have actual armor instead of skimpy outfits (ironically, it seems DRG has one huge exception).

I'm currently running around in the above glamour, though, as I felt it looked nice and is the most consistent while I level up. My next step will have to be figuring our keybindings and how to sort my skills as the two default bars are becoming crowded... need to read up how others sort that.

I've always wanted to play FFXIV but never allowed myself, so it's nice that it's this enjoyable.

Edit. I do have two questions:

1) does anyone here use a reshade mod or do you all use the default colors?

2) while it seems like not all is revealed about how Shadowbringers, which healer role do you prefer to play as of the current ones?
Goblin is in fact the smallest NA server population wise lol

I use Reshade, it helps my stuff look nice. All I really use it for is to add some colors back in to help with the default washed-out look. It's subtle but makes a world of difference to me. (Pic of my FC room corner)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0142421003/ffxiv_dx11_2019-02-28_23-43-00.png

I've only ever played white mage and it sure is a healer all right. Lol. I don't have enough experience to have any real opinions. If you like to rely on a bunch of regens and a couple of "oh shit" buttons when a tank eats a tank buster it's alright.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wish the chat was more active, but I suppose that's because a) it's downtime before the expansion, b) a lot of the game can be solo'd (in fact, this sorta feels like a single player game with other people around!), and c) chats usually die down after a while, plus I'm likely not on the most active server (Goblin).

FFXIV's public chat trends toward radio silence in general, but it is indeed magnified by the game being in a routine pre-expansion state. Can't forget that not everyone has a keyboard, either. The only real exception would be in Eureka and Limsa, since Eureka kind of demands cross-party coordination, and Limsa because it's the resident hive of scum and villainy.

Most of your casual dungeon and trial/raid runs will consist of a quick hello, maybe some minor coordination between the tanks/tank and healer, and then a swift GG and thank you before leaving.

Free Companies are the way to go if you want a lively chat window. My old one practically liveblogged Re:zero, which was only slightly annoying.

Plus, I guess it's nice to have a nice character creator and for once I decided to make a female character as most armor seem to have actual armor instead of skimpy outfits (ironically, it seems DRG has one huge exception).

FFXIV's outfits are some of the best in the genre, yeah. You can entirely avoid the skimpy stuff if you want to now (Wasn't originally the case, as glamours didn't exist at first, and when they were added, they unlocked much later than they currently do), at least.

SE (mostly) learned their lesson after DRG AF1, but we do still get the odd case where men will get trousers, while women will get skirts, unfortunately.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Had my first shot at BA yesterday and what a mess it was. While we ended up killing Owain (with only a tank and one healer or dps left standing in the end), I think the design of the whole thing is a mess. From anyone level 60 being able to enter, to not having any guarantee of people inside having the required actions or even a guarantee that you will have enough people.
I know this is nothing new and most complaints have been the same since it was released, this extremely hard content without any checks to make sure that you'll be able to clear it even if most people do their best (if you don't have Perception or Dispel for example).
It's really not that hard, just very unforgiving for any mistake you make cause of the raise restrictions.

You're on a jp datacenter right? Is the majority over there frustrated with the way the portals work? Is voice chat being used to clear it or is everything done via text macros? Does anyone do pre formed 48 person parties to clear it?

I'm on Primal (NA) and no one is willing to take a blind leap into the dungeon the way it was designed to be played. I've tried getting people to just jump in and see how far we can go and the most I've ever seen go for it is 10 people. Most runs are organized on Discord with the 6 full balanced parties + sometimes another party for the support fate. Which is fine when the game is dead and no one else is trying to do the same thing. But during prime time it's hell cause multiple parties of 48 shuffle in and out of instances trying to get their 48 in to the same instance first so they can claim the portals for their run.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay curiosity has gotten me. Can someone explain the WoW refugee situation and why are people leaving that game and coming here?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
It's really not that hard, just very unforgiving for any mistake you make cause of the raise restrictions.

You're on a jp datacenter right? Is the majority over there frustrated with the way the portals work? Is voice chat being used to clear it or is everything done via text macros? Does anyone do pre formed 48 person parties to clear it?

I'm on Primal (NA) and no one is willing to take a blind leap into the dungeon the way it was designed to be played. I've tried getting people to just jump in and see how far we can go and the most I've ever seen go for it is 10 people. Most runs are organized on Discord with the 6 full balanced parties + sometimes another party for the support fate. Which is fine when the game is dead and no one else is trying to do the same thing. But during prime time it's hell cause multiple parties of 48 shuffle in and out of instances trying to get their 48 in to the same instance first so they can claim the portals for their run.
Regarding the difficulty of the bosses themselves, like you're saying, they don't seem that hard (at least based on the videos, I only fought Owain myself).

I only had one attempt, but from what I understand at this point it seems like it's mostly randoms. We had 38 (or 32, not sure) people, but that might've been because of the lat time. I know that some people used discords to coordinate, but after the very early days, I'm not sure if they're still trying to do super organized full group runs like you've described.

All in all, this mix of the difficulty to organize (because of how Eureka instances and portals work), penalties and prep necessary for the content, and the ease with which anyone can join is just bizarre.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm on Primal (NA) and no one is willing to take a blind leap into the dungeon the way it was designed to be played. I've tried getting people to just jump in and see how far we can go and the most I've ever seen go for it is 10 people. Most runs are organized on Discord with the 6 full balanced parties + sometimes another party for the support fate.

What's the best way to even get into a BA group? Just go on the Discord and hope there are groups recruiting?

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of raid gear this tier fell prey to the 'girls are prone to losing random parts of their armor' problem. Tanks lose their pants and get a boob window, and casters just lose chunks of the body. It's a let down because I like a lot of the design, I just wish I could opt into the male models on my potato.

All in all, this mix of the difficulty to organize (because of how Eureka instances and portals work), penalties and prep necessary for the content, and the ease with which anyone can join is just bizarre.

Honestly the more I look at it, the more I suspect they expected people to be more willing to just pick up and go in partial groups to get fragments off the first couple freebie bosses (afaik the opener twins and Raiden don't have an enrage, and all boss HP scales based on the number of people zoned in.) The upgrades from getting +2 stuff via fragments are substantial; I haven't really tried to BA much but from what I can see most of the NA scene is groups trying to preform and then running into deaths damage throughput problems on AV or Ozma. The game really underemphasizes the value of the gear upgrades for having an easier time in BA--if getting to full +2 lets people survive mechanics that are currently one-shooting them, it's kind of a big deal.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I didn't know that the boss HP is based on the number of people zoned in, that makes the whole thing sound much more fair.
Hearing that armor upgrades are more or less a must is a bummer, although it shouldn't be that hard (especially since I already have V. Cloak, so body/head slots are fine). Grabbed the 6th magicite as well, since the price for 3 items dropped to ~5 mil. That said, it's another part of the "you don't know who you are going to be paired with" problem, so even if you have all the gear and necessary actions, other people in your group can just be fresh 60s. I know this problem exists in regular DF too, but I feel like in that case the necessary ilv servers as a good gating mechanic.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that the boss HP is based on the number of people zoned in, that makes the whole thing sound much more fair.
Hearing that armor upgrades are more or less a must is a bummer, although it shouldn't be that hard (especially since I already have V. Cloak, so body/head slots are fine). Grabbed the 6th magicite as well, since the price for 3 items dropped to ~5 mil. That said, it's another part of the "you don't know who you are going to be paired with" problem, so even if you have all the gear and necessary actions, other people in your group can just be fresh 60s. I know this problem exists in regular DF too, but I feel like in that case the necessary ilv servers as a good gating mechanic.

It's less that I think they're a must, and more that they're really, really powerful and I think the devs expected the players to realize how powerful they were and actually prioritize getting them. Instead, people just want the Ozma mount; and much like I wouldn't trust a random PF to meet a Savage door boss DPS check in week 1 crafted (even though it's totally possible to meet it), I wouldn't expect the average BA group to pull the DPS needed to actually beat enrage without a lot of people having a couple of upgraded slots. I just think the game does a *horrible* job of explaining this to players, so most people don't even realize they could make it easier for themselves by just getting some frag runs out of the way or at least shelling out for the Damascene cloth/cryptic totems for some gear upgrades before actually going for a full clear.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone interested in some Shadowbringers vouchers? it's 23% off from Green Man Gaming. I have three left.

Kaper

Oct 26, 2017

I've recently been leveling my DRG and made a quick spreadsheet to calculate this exact scenario. This is extreme min/max type stuff and really only applies to sub level 60 content.

Prior to getting Fang and Claw and Wheeling Thrust, the situation boils down to: "If I skip a buff weaponskill (Heavy Thrust and the Disembowel debuff), can I add an extra Full Thrust?" If the answer is yes, then you will want to skip those buff skills and just use True -> Vorpal -> Full Thrust

For example, if we take trash monsters in a dungeon and assume they will live for 20 seconds we can start with:

HT -> T -> V - F -> T -> V -> F -> T -> V for a potency total of 2533

or we can just spam the True Thrust combo

T -> V - F -> T -> V -> F -> T -> V -> F for a potency total of 2580

As you can see, just spamming the True Thrust combo is slightly better. I chose this example because it is also the breaking point where Heavy Thrust becomes worth using. Additionally, if we factor in Jump and Spineshatter Dive, then in this 20 second window Heavy Thrust adds an extra 47 potency to the first rotation ([260+210]*0.1), which makes both rotations have an equal potency total (3050)! In reality, Jump and Spineshatter Dive have cooldowns longer than 20 seconds, so the second rotation will pull slightly ahead over time.

The TL:DR to the above is: If you are fighting for longer than 20 seconds, use Heavy Thrust. Otherwise, just spam the True Thrust combo.

I'll save you the long winded math for the Impulse Drive combo, and just summarize in a quick TL:DR as well:

The piercing debuff provided by Disembowel is only useful when you get the full duration (aka mostly just on bosses). Otherwise, just use the True Thrust combo spam with the above 20 second rule applied.

Once you get Chaos Thrust, then you can replace a True Thrust combo at the beginning of a fight if you get at least 3-4 ticks of the DoT effect (about 9-12 seconds of DoT duration). Make sure the Chaos Thrust debuff is kept up as much as possible on long fights.

Finally, if you have at least one Bard or Machinist in your party, it's very important to make sure you use the Impulse Drive combo, because the piercing debuff also benefits them.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Yeah, people kind of jokingly say 'Glamour is the true endgame' in the FFXIV community, but in my case I'd say it's legit true. I'm one of those crazy people who have run certain dungeons a ridiculous number of times just to get a certain armor piece to drop for a new glamour outfit (I'll still say getting the Plague Doctor's Coat to finally drop was totally worth it). It's crazy how addictive it can be to try to create the 'perfect outfits' for your class. I really hope we get an expansion to the Glamour Plate system soon as it's honestly way too limited for the number of glamour sets I want to save.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to even get into a BA group? Just go on the Discord and hope there are groups recruiting?
On Primal you can get notifications for when a raid is recruiting by setting up your roles and progression level in the discord bot channel. You can also keep an eye on private pf; if you see something up there you can pop into discord for the pass and to see how filled up they are.

If there's nothing up when you want to run and another raid of the same progression you're on didn't recently fill up, you could jump into one of the discord channels and begin the raid yourself. It shouldn't take long to fill if no one is else running a similar level raid.

On Aether and Crystal in the future, their discord seems a lot more organized. They have a bot you can ping when you're LFG or LFM and it'll matchmake you into a party.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Okay curiosity has gotten me. Can someone explain the WoW refugee situation and why are people leaving that game and coming here?

Imagine hitting the level cap of an expansion, getting a bunch of neat abilities that really are class/spec defining, then playing with them an entire expansion.

Now imagine all of these abilities disappearing, and then as you level you get no new abilities at all. NOW imagine that any power gains you can get come from gear, and random procs to the point where you don't know exactly if what you're getting is better than what you had equipped. Then throw out any positives gained from the last expansion from professions, questing at max level, a really terrible storyline where you follow faction leaders doing dumb things for no real reason, and run the same instances not for better loot necessarily, but for the loot you get to drop to become a higher level than it should. That's why people are leaving in droves.

Put another way, my favorite race in WoW are trolls, always have been. This expansion features them pretty highly, so I should be logging on every day. I've now cancelled the subscription I've had since the game first launched in Nov 2004.

On a more positive note, hi everyone, decided to give the game a shot again. :p

Had played through all the quests up to Heavensward just before that expansion launched a bit ago, but created a new account on Steam and starting again. So much has changed... @_@

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Speaking of BA, new patch notes:
[Update Details]
◆FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Mar. 6, 2019) ◆

■Completing the Eureka Hydatos FATE "Baldesion Arsenal: Expedition Support" will now spawn an unstable aetherial node.
*The unstable aetherial node will become a stable node after a certain period of time.

■The following changes have been made in the Eureka Hydatos FATEs "I Don't Want to Believe" and "Baldesion Arsenal: Expedition Support."
・Aetherial nodes will now appear several minutes after completing a FATE.
・The Aetherially Primed effect is now granted only within the FATE area.
・Knockback effects have been removed from certain actions of the Notorious Monsters Ovni and Tristitia.

■The following issues have been resolved.
・It was possible to discard the Aetheryte Earring accessory.
・In Rival Wings, completing a match while a player was piloting a machina would increase the auto-attack range of the machina until the piloting player exited the game or was incapacitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.