• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting an error too. Dammit SE I'm trying to level like it's my job here. I'm getting a 2002 error.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Someone needs to make a T2 enrage strat video with this.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I ****ING DELEVELED IN EUREKA. I WILL FIND THE ***********S DOING THIS AND **** THEIR ******* FACES UP

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Started this with my friends on twitch the other day, got lv 25 on THM before wanting to change to ROG but mostly caught up again in a day.

Any tips on the gathering and crafting classes? I think I'm going to do culinarian and maybe botanist

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to make a T2 enrage strat video with this.
I loved how it took way longer to do the enrage strat than to just kill the stupid thing back in the day. I remember we did it once and the next week people asked.... we doing the enrage thing again? Static leader was just like fuck that we are not wasting time we cleared this shit ages ago do the damn mechanics :D

Good ol first coil days of twintania being removed from the game for like a month how I miss thee... I want cool boss arenas back god damn it.
Started this with my friends on twitch the other day, got lv 25 on THM before wanting to change to ROG but mostly caught up again in a day.

Any tips on the gathering and crafting classes? I think I'm going to do culinarian and maybe botanist
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when it comes to crafting you are probably going to be wanting to get them all up at the same time, same for gathering. A lot of it feeds into each other in every possible way. It's basically it's own game with'n a game.

A lot of stuff early on starts off pretty easy to buy from vendors to craft and get a little starter set, but with no outside help you are going to want to get in a cycle of self reliance and improvement. The good news is for the most part the gatherers share their body pieces and same for the crafters so your gear goes a long way!

It's a long ass road but the pay off is huge. Don't worry about keeping your crafting up to date with your battle class, it's a bit too late for that. This will be a long term self improvement goal. TBH once you get to the end of the road there is probably only about 15% of the population that bothers at that level which means lots of $$$ as a crafter and a good amount of $$$ as a gatherer

This is a nice site for managing items needed for crafting/gathering.
https://ffxivteamcraft.com/search

Gathering is WAY easier to level than crafting solo and a good starting point, it can even fund your other stuff as a lot of core crafting components even from lower level stuff still sells for decent amounts. Make use of this site when leveling gathering.

Once you get gatherers/crafters to 50 a new type of gameplay opens up for them designed to help them level faster and get special currency to buy self improvement stuff / materials for rarer things that makes things a lot more fun. 1-50 is the true challenge.

Also make sure you are doing your daily grand company turn ins. Each day from each gatherer and crafter they want something, give them a high quality item for double exp leves work the same way high quality = double exp.

If you want a thorough guide after playing around a bit this is excellent.

If you want a leve quest cheat shit and have friends to make stuff for you this is good.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The meme would probably work best with anything mixed with cactbot prompts tbh

The gaol auto mark thing goes further than anything cactbot does and actually has the third party app feed commands into the game to put markers on players in-game.

(I'm also a horrible person and loudly and repeatedly veteo'd all trigger-based methods of handling Titan gaols in the first place because DAMMIT IT'S ULTIMATE WE ARE EXPECTED TO BE ABLE TO MECHANIC, but I'm always surprised the community is as chill about auto marking as it is given that it crosses the red line of third party programs inputting into the game client during gameplay.)

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The gaol auto mark thing goes further than anything cactbot does and actually has the third party app feed commands into the game to put markers on players in-game.

(I'm also a horrible person and loudly and repeatedly veteo'd all trigger-based methods of handling Titan gaols in the first place because DAMMIT IT'S ULTIMATE WE ARE EXPECTED TO BE ABLE TO MECHANIC, but I'm always surprised the community is as chill about auto marking as it is given that it crosses the red line of third party programs inputting into the game client during gameplay.)
Oh havent started ultimate yet so yeah... that's a bit overkill. I think most people just kinda shrug it off because raid mods in wow already do stuff like that so they probably just view it as quality of life things, but the thing is FF14 typically gives you plenty of time to react to things because everything is designed without stuff like that being a thing for console players.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Lol, did a run through Orbonne Monastery where one of the Alliances was made up of first timers and some troll who kept taunting the rest of the group after each wipe stating they were messing up on purpose (for whatever reason). Somehow we scraped by the first two bosses without a wipe (though I've never seen the first boss stay alive long enough to cast Analysis 4 times), but unsurprisingly all hell broke loose once we got to Thunder God. Someone was kind enough to type out the main mechanics for first timers after one of the wipes there, but after we had 4 more wipes after that, I just had to leave. I tried to be patient, but sometimes it just feels like a lost cause.

On the plus side, I queued up for another run after that and everything went super smoothly. I even finally got my caster coat! Also got the healer coat last week, so I'm officially done with Orbonne Monastery.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
wonder if the lost's leopard spots thing is exclusively theirs
if so then the lost will be much more popular than the other one

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I loved how it took way longer to do the enrage strat than to just kill the stupid thing back in the day. I remember we did it once and the next week people asked.... we doing the enrage thing again? Static leader was just like fuck that we are not wasting time we cleared this shit ages ago do the damn mechanics :D

Good ol first coil days of twintania being removed from the game for like a month how I miss thee... I want cool boss arenas back god damn it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when it comes to crafting you are probably going to be wanting to get them all up at the same time, same for gathering. A lot of it feeds into each other in every possible way. It's basically it's own game with'n a game.

A lot of stuff early on starts off pretty easy to buy from vendors to craft and get a little starter set, but with no outside help you are going to want to get in a cycle of self reliance and improvement. The good news is for the most part the gatherers share their body pieces and same for the crafters so your gear goes a long way!

It's a long ass road but the pay off is huge. Don't worry about keeping your crafting up to date with your battle class, it's a bit too late for that. This will be a long term self improvement goal. TBH once you get to the end of the road there is probably only about 15% of the population that bothers at that level which means lots of $$$ as a crafter and a good amount of $$$ as a gatherer

This is a nice site for managing items needed for crafting/gathering.
https://ffxivteamcraft.com/search

Gathering is WAY easier to level than crafting solo and a good starting point, it can even fund your other stuff as a lot of core crafting components even from lower level stuff still sells for decent amounts. Make use of this site when leveling gathering.

Once you get gatherers/crafters to 50 a new type of gameplay opens up for them designed to help them level faster and get special currency to buy self improvement stuff / materials for rarer things that makes things a lot more fun. 1-50 is the true challenge.

Also make sure you are doing your daily grand company turn ins. Each day from each gatherer and crafter they want something, give them a high quality item for double exp leves work the same way high quality = double exp.

If you want a thorough guide after playing around a bit this is excellent.

If you want a leve quest cheat shit and have friends to make stuff for you this is good.

I think I do want to get into DoH stuff, I have one level 50 and its armorer. Is there anything that can help me with before I start moving on to the other DoH classes? Or should I just start get going on the next one on the list.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, did a run through Orbonne Monastery where one of the Alliances was made up of first timers and some troll who kept taunting the rest of the group after each wipe stating they were messing up on purpose (for whatever reason). Somehow we scraped by the first two bosses without a wipe (though I've never seen the first boss stay alive long enough to cast Analysis 4 times), but unsurprisingly all hell broke loose once we got to Thunder God. Someone was kind enough to type out the main mechanics for first timers after one of the wipes there, but after we had 4 more wipes after that, I just had to leave. I tried to be patient, but sometimes it just feels like a lost cause.

On the plus side, I queued up for another run after that and everything went super smoothly. I even finally got my caster coat! Also got the healer coat last week, so I'm officially done with Orbonne Monastery.

I had something similar happen in Orbonne last week. Poor B. Also didn't help that in that run our Tank opened up by saying it was his first time doing it, I figured he meant doing Orbonne Monastery, but by the way he played he could have meant it was his first time Tanking.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I ran into a 21 DPS AST last night in Monastery. I didn't think it was possible to see at level 70 but apparently this is just their natural state. I WISH I could link parses to people because this is just an extreme case of someone getting carried in all their runs.

NW1LhJR_d.jpg

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
I ran into a 21 DPS AST last night in Monastery. I didn't think it was possible to see at level 70 but apparently this is just their natural state. I WISH I could link parses to people because this is just an extreme case of someone getting carried in all their runs.

NW1LhJR_d.jpg
What was their HPS?

Honestly, most people half-afk in the 24-man content so it doesn't suprise me. I've been in 24-mans where people die every two minutes so I've done 1 or 2 runs where I just haven't been able to use mana on DPS because I've had to raise someone every minute.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
What was their HPS?

Honestly, most people half-afk in the 24-man content so it doesn't suprise me. I've been in 24-mans where people die every two minutes so I've done 1 or 2 runs where I just haven't been able to use mana on DPS because I've had to raise someone every minute.
2.2k HPS. Which is fine. But my FC mate who was also an AST during that same run managed to get 2.2k HPS... on top of 2.4k DPS.

Perhaps they were trying, perhaps they weren't. But the fact that they have more than one run with evidence of such little effort just disappoints me.

https://i.imgur.com/Q6nv6bd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
2.2k HPS. Which is fine. But my FC mate who was also an AST during that same run managed to get 2.2k HPS... on top of 2.4k DPS.

Perhaps they were trying, perhaps they weren't. But the fact that they have more than one run with evidence of such little effort just disappoints me.

https://i.imgur.com/Q6nv6bd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

You'll be much happier if you go in not expecting great dos there. These fights are not hard at all, and you can take it easy and you'll clear it. Its how they were designed

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
You'll be much happier if you go in not expecting great dos there. These fights are not hard at all, and you can take it easy and you'll clear it. Its how they were designed
I know, but I like to do my best no matter what I run. :P

Is it required to hit over 7.4k DPS against Famfrit in Lighthouse? No, but I did it lol

At this point I only parse them to fight my own past numbers. Heh.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wanting a good chunk of MGP to prepare for the FFXV event, there's an incredibly easy fashion report this week.

Remember, you just need 80+ points for max MGP reward, and you can buy 2 items this week from vendors for under 400g.

D38vOlWUUAAbXDL.jpg:large

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to an overleveled A8 savage.

Oh my god, oh my god. I ... I think I hate this game. People are so bad, people can't do anything right. I swear, I would pay actual fucking money to just buy books so I can buy that jacket because people are so bad. Why are people so bad. ANd some of you might be like, restrict it to people who only completed it, the people who completed it aren't playing this raid so i'm forced to play with people who can't learn. No one in my guild wants to do this , I can't find anyone online to do this. How does anyone expect me to actually do any of this content they fucking maid if they people they have made avaiilble to me are people on the internet who have an inablity to adapt

This has legit made me want to stop playing the game. Why play the game, why start alt accounts if playing previous content like this is going to be pointless holy shit. Holyshit

Oct 25, 2017
My brother picked back up on XIV because he discovered a co worker and a friend of his were really into it.
He originally made it near the end of ARR's story but had to drop it and has wanted to get back ever since.

Today he bought the expansions and im jealous as hell,
I wish I could play Heavensward for the first time again...

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The general acceptance of the macro for gaols in UwU kinda surprises me too. It's probably part of the reason why most people have cleared that fight so quickly in comparison to UCoB. They make the gaols so much of a non-issue that you can essentially ignore them. Oh you got a marker? Move to x spot. Zzzzzz

But this is a post-UCoB point in the expansion and I think a lot of it has to do with Nael. People got used to relying on callouts and whatever because the only other option was to read a damn text box mid-combat. Don't get me wrong, I still consider UCoB best fight in the game by far, but even I have to admit that I would never have cleared without someone with ACT calling those out for me on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
But this is a post-UCoB point in the expansion and I think a lot of it has to do with Nael. People got used to relying on callouts and whatever because the only other option was to read a damn text box mid-combat. Don't get me wrong, I still consider UCoB best fight in the game by far, but even I have to admit that I would never have cleared without someone with ACT calling those out for me on PS4.

The Nael quotes are an unfortunate victim of the localization team getting too cute; she wasn't supposed to be that ridiculously obtuse:

Triggers for that hot mess became an inevitability largely because the localization team made things more complicated; the JP lines of dialogue would be trivial to have someone do callouts by sight-reading party chat, but the English ones are a mishmash of flowery language without the simple tells. Even then, the triggers just spit out a static reaction to a static input the player is meant to see largely to undo the bonus difficulty English got slapped with (plus after enough Nael wipes half the group ends up with the RP memorized anyway.)

The Titan gaol triggers are fascinating because they go beyond static input/static output to actually offload the brain part of the fight's tightest coordination check to a computer and players come out of the experience no better equipped to do the meat of the mechanic than when they started. I guess the upside is that they can basically recycle the whole mechanic in the future and if they can sufficiently obscure it from memory reading it'll be like a brand new challenge to many.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
RDM got me feeling like Thanos. Is PoD still the best way to level DPS till 57 and from there I do dungeons all the way to 70?

Up to lv 60, Grand Company Squadron dungeons are faster. Unlike Deep Dungeons, you can take advantage of the exp boosting accessories like the ala mhigan ring and the new aetheryte earring from the ShB pre-order.

Oct 27, 2017
So I've finished all the Stormblood content with my alt now and I'm going back to working on leveling up the Machinist class and setting up my cross hotbar. Does Turret Retrieval have any point to it? Seems mostly pointless to me and I'm thinking about leaving it off my easily accessible bars.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The Nael quotes are an unfortunate victim of the localization team getting too cute; she wasn't supposed to be that ridiculously obtuse:

Triggers for that hot mess became an inevitability largely because the localization team made things more complicated; the JP lines of dialogue would be trivial to have someone do callouts by sight-reading party chat, but the English ones are a mishmash of flowery language without the simple tells. Even then, the triggers just spit out a static reaction to a static input the player is meant to see largely to undo the bonus difficulty English got slapped with (plus after enough Nael wipes half the group ends up with the RP memorized anyway.)

The Titan gaol triggers are fascinating because they go beyond static input/static output to actually offload the brain part of the fight's tightest coordination check to a computer and players come out of the experience no better equipped to do the meat of the mechanic than when they started. I guess the upside is that they can basically recycle the whole mechanic in the future and if they can sufficiently obscure it from memory reading it'll be like a brand new challenge to many.

HOLY SHIT they did this in Ultimate too?? I knew about Starboard/larboard and dark/bright blade but not this one. I'm glad they told Koji to rein it in.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I do want to get into DoH stuff, I have one level 50 and its armorer. Is there anything that can help me with before I start moving on to the other DoH classes? Or should I just start get going on the next one on the list.
For your Armorer at 50 you can start up the moogle beast tribe quest daily, for the rest you can do ixali stuff. Make sure you turn in your Grand Company turn ins daily.

From the guide.
The recommended route for leveling your crafters would be as follows:

1. Get all crafters to Lv 15
  2. Get Culinarian to Lv 37 for Steady Hand II
  3. Get Carpenter to Lv 50 for Byregot's Blessing
  4. Get Weaver to Lv 50 for Careful Synthesis II
  5. Get Alchemist to Lv 50 for Comfort Zone
  6. Get all crafters to Lv 50
  7. Get Culinarian to Lv 54 for Muscle Memory
  8. Get Goldsmith to Lv 54 for Maker's Mark

Last edited:

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Im finally on the anemos grind but that damn desire sensor is in full effect with that Trex mount. Gotten every other big reward multiples of times and its killing me. Well over 1000 boxes at this point. Kinda sucks the surplus of bardings and stuff are useless.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Im finally on the anemos grind but that damn desire sensor is in full effect with that Trex mount. Gotten every other big reward multiples of times and its killing me. Well over 1000 boxes at this point. Kinda sucks the surplus of bardings and stuff are useless.

Wish I could give my my dupes. I think I have two dupe whistles? Shame we can't sell or trade them.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems I left an extra month subscription going when I had planned to take a break.

Could I contact the customer service on a possible reimbursement, or is their service so bad that I shouldn't bother?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I have a friend that's sharing his account with his brother. They both have two different characters under the same account. Thing is, my friend is getting a new computer and he wants to be able to transfer his character to another account so that he and his brother can play together. Is that even possible? From what I understand, one of them is gonna have to buy the game again at the very least.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend that's sharing his account with his brother. They both have two different characters under the same account. Thing is, my friend is getting a new computer and he wants to be able to transfer his character to another account so that he and his brother can play together. Is that even possible? From what I understand, one of them is gonna have to buy the game again at the very least.
You cannot transfer characters from one account to another.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to an overleveled A8 savage.

Oh my god, oh my god. I ... I think I hate this game. People are so bad, people can't do anything right. I swear, I would pay actual fucking money to just buy books so I can buy that jacket because people are so bad. Why are people so bad. ANd some of you might be like, restrict it to people who only completed it, the people who completed it aren't playing this raid so i'm forced to play with people who can't learn. No one in my guild wants to do this , I can't find anyone online to do this. How does anyone expect me to actually do any of this content they fucking maid if they people they have made avaiilble to me are people on the internet who have an inablity to adapt

This has legit made me want to stop playing the game. Why play the game, why start alt accounts if playing previous content like this is going to be pointless holy shit. Holyshit

You wanting it for glamour or something?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I would like to do Alexander Savage for glamour and just to clear it. I'll probably wait until the end of 5.0 or 5.1 when we're level 80 and ilevel 475 or so. We'll probably be able to skip every mechanic by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.