• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I would like to do Alexander Savage for glamour and just to clear it. I'll probably wait until the end of 5.0 or 5.1 when we're level 80 and ilevel 475 or so. We'll probably be able to skip every mechanic by then.

TBF you should be able to clear most of it. I know A9S-A11S is ezpz and A12S just hurts because you can't really burn before defamations. Though you can clear before 2nd inception and honestly that's the real bitch mechanic of the fight.

I honestly don't know if we'll be able to do A12S before first defamation in early 5.0 though. Burning him from 80 to 0% HP seems quite the challenge.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's it, I think it looks neat and I want in different colors

Brute Justice is annoying. I actually think I haven't done it. Done every other turn for Alexander though

I just lost the Suzaku dog by three points and then the party disbanded.

I had this guy a while back that won a dog from me. True story. I rolled a 96 and he rolled 99.

then he quit the game the next day

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really bad, though. I need the extra stat boost.

You gotta believe!

tenor.gif

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I loved how it took way longer to do the enrage strat than to just kill the stupid thing back in the day. I remember we did it once and the next week people asked.... we doing the enrage thing again? Static leader was just like fuck that we are not wasting time we cleared this shit ages ago do the damn mechanics :D

Good ol first coil days of twintania being removed from the game for like a month how I miss thee... I want cool boss arenas back god damn it.

Honestly I don't miss the cool arenas. Or at least the dungeonesque nature of Coils that got immediately toned down and eventually deleted with T12 and T13.

FFS by the end of it you had someone sneaking by all the trash to unlock the shortcut on T10 and the fucking trash in T11 was harder than the damn boss to the point they had to nerf it.

I liked how they designed Omega to have instanced story content but bemoan the fact that it was wasted on another level checker. (The instance before Deltascape was fine but fuck doing it again for Sigmascape).

I will say that the fight designs have radically improved since ARR.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Shameless plug - we're currently recruiting people to our small FC on Shinryu.
The communication between members is in Japanese, so if anyone is interested and that isn't a problem, feel free to apply!
All the details at the link.

Oct 25, 2017
Shameless plug - we're currently recruiting people to our small FC on Shinryu.
The communication between members is in Japanese, so if anyone is interested and that isn't a problem, feel free to apply!
All the details at the link.

Kind of interested... but I'm the kind of person who plays for a month like I'm possessed and then disappears for half a year. Not sure if I'd be a good fit even if the FC is OK with casual players.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I did the Hatching Tide tonight. I looked up the solution to it. I'm not patient or smart enough for puzzles like that.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Oh. I defeated the Warriors of Darkness in that instanced fight.

36e63cb6ac6cff72d99aa58fb65fd4d2.jpg

To bad the fight just doesn't end right there smh.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Has anyone here cleared UwU on AST? I have a few questions regarding Aetheric Booms and Primals.

SCH seemed easier to work out for me. Stuff comes up at weird times on AST 🧐

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Kind of interested... but I'm the kind of person who plays for a month like I'm possessed and then disappears for half a year. Not sure if I'd be a good fit even if the FC is OK with casual players.

To be honest this is like the vast majority of players in my experience. This game is basically built to facilitate "I came back for three weeks and did all the content and then came back in another six months" and it's not as if FCs have much of a strict purpose. They;re pretty much all just social.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I really love the RDM's red coat. That's some smoking sexy style Dante shit. Are there any other long coats like that for casters? I tried searching on the market but found nothing good.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the WHM to 70 today. I will probably never play it again. I vastly prefer SCH as a healer. So that makes all healer at 70 now.
I kinda want to finally level a DPS, but I'm not sure which one.
On the other hand I have my warrior at 61, but forgot all about it's mechanics and have no real clue about most encounters.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Yo why the hell cant my RDM wear Sharlayan Custodian Earrings while every other one of my classes can? The item says "all classes" and it's only level 59. It's fucking up my glamour.

Edit: Nvm I figured it out. I'm wearing those Aetheryte earrings that are only level 1.

Last edited:

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the WHM to 70 today. I will probably never play it again. I vastly prefer SCH as a healer. So that makes all healer at 70 now.
I kinda want to finally level a DPS, but I'm not sure which one.
On the other hand I have my warrior at 61, but forgot all about it's mechanics and have no real clue about most encounters.

Good news, the way all the healers play will probably completely change in 2 and a half months,

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished the Yojimbo trial. What a twist! An extreme version of that fight would have been interesting.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I just finished the Yojimbo trial. What a twist! An extreme version of that fight would have been interesting.
Do that fight in i370 gear with randos and that fight gets pretty extreme.

(Its how I did it at fanfest holy fuck I wanted to rage)

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Just returned to FFXIV after a half year break. A combination of the new Samurai Shodown coming out soon, and me reading about the samurai subclass in Xanathar's Guide to Everything really made me want to try out SAM.
It's just so god damn cool. The weeb in me is screaming. Gonna play dress-up so hard at level 70.

I'd love to see what you folks' SAM-glams look like!

kalavaras

Oct 28, 2017
FFXIV is quite an overwhelming experience for someone like me whos previous mmo was WoW Cataclysm. A friend recommended I should give it a go and Im playing erm.. arcanist? On Ps4. Im just gonna do things the way I feel like doing them for now and all Im doing is following the arcanist questline and that other, now what was that.. Maelstrom anyway.

Despite the long queue as DPS the dungeons are a ton of fun. I cant wait to get the ability thatll spread my dots. Right now dotting multiple targets is rather tedious.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
FFXIV is quite an overwhelming experience for someone like me whos previous mmo was WoW Cataclysm. A friend recommended I should give it a go and Im playing erm.. arcanist? On Ps4. Im just gonna do things the way I feel like doing them for now and all Im doing is following the arcanist questline and that other, now what was that.. Maelstrom anyway.

Despite the long queue as DPS the dungeons are a ton of fun. I cant wait to get the ability thatll spread my dots. Right now dotting multiple targets is rather tedious.

If you want something to do while you wait for queues you can do your hunting log, it gives pretty good experience

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I really love the RDM's red coat. That's some smoking sexy style Dante shit. Are there any other long coats like that for casters? I tried searching on the market but found nothing good.
There's Snow's coat, Plaugebringer Coat (Plant HW dungeon normal mode) allagan coat of casting (dyable on MB) Sharlayan Caster body piece from Idyllshire (poetics) Prototype Alexandrian Coat of Casting or the dyable one from A12 Savage (has additional ornamentation)

Oct 27, 2017
Just returned to FFXIV after a half year break. A combination of the new Samurai Shodown coming out soon, and me reading about the samurai subclass in Xanathar's Guide to Everything really made me want to try out SAM.
It's just so god damn cool. The weeb in me is screaming. Gonna play dress-up so hard at level 70.

I'd love to see what you folks' SAM-glams look like!

I'm currently using the FFT Samurai outfit you get from the first Ivalice raid. Always loved that design.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here cleared UwU on AST? I have a few questions regarding Aetheric Booms and Primals.

SCH seemed easier to work out for me. Stuff comes up at weird times on AST 🧐

I have, but I don't know if much of what I did is really relevant. We did a lot of weird stuff basically throughout--no predation cheese allowed so no mit used there meaning we had more to throw at the rest of pre-suppression which in turn let me constantly realign CDs in early Ultima, 1-1-1-1 aetheroplasms to take all four booms at the same time which ate up a ton of our mitigation but meant we didn't have to heal between boom hiits, suppression tether taken by a healer (because we did three of our four Garuda 2-stack cleanses on our tanks, leaving no tank stacks for mesohigh) so we had to cram GCDs in between the fireball dodge and tank purge, etc.

What I ultimately ended up doing when we hit primal roulette was grabbing timestamps from the end of suppression through the last primal ultimate and working my CDs backwards. It's less than a minute from Suppression cast to the Ultima cast, and then from Ultima to the last primal ult hitting is about 90 seconds, so it was mostly picking which endgame mechanic I was going to throw a CD back and then counting backwards to see the latest I could use it before then.

I more or less settled on making sure I had bubble for Titan's ult because the way the timing on viscous/weights/earthen fury worked out made it the diciest shield spot (on our first clear our bard survived with like 250 hp thanks to bubble and a late succor application, although this should be less of an issue with a level synced or 375 left side--the HP difference should be sufficient to cover a late shield now), used light speed on Garuda, and usually had star out on Ifrit to either heal up after his ultimate or top between Viiscous and the ultimate. Doing literally anything other than 1-1-1-1 for booms will probably free up more party mit though which should give you more choices during primal gauntlet.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Mount, hair, and triad card is MLP purchase according to data mining.

Gear looks to be a quest reward, and orchestrations are purchasable from event currency grinding.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
LALAFELLS HAVE TO STAND IN THE CAR WHEN DRIVING!

HOW DO THEY REACH THE PEDALS!

ggc9sj01res21.jpg

Most I've been hyped for a mount since the big glowy sabotender.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I managed like 700k MGP in 2 weeks by doing Fashion Report(60k), challenge logs(100k with gates), mini cactpot, jumbo cactpot(guarenteed at least 3500) and Gates. Leap of Faith and Airforce are 4k with perfect. The Regalia mount should be easily achieveable for everyone.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I wish I knew how much the Fashion Report gave you ages ago. So much MGP for so little effort. Now the question is, spend my measly 100k on the Gambler's Trenchcoat for RDM glamour, or save up for the Regalia...

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to find this particular info. Can anyone possibly list out what items overall boost your stats particularly in Eureka? Like, above the 300 ilevel cap that you normally adhere to. I know the glamour type stuff like Optical Hat and Cassie Earring do, but what else does? I'm only in early Pyros so I'm trying to plan ahead. Do the Pyros/Hydatos armor and the post-Pagos weapon upgrades make you stronger in Eureka or is that stuff only for progression outside of Eureka?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to find this particular info. Can anyone possibly list out what items overall boost your stats particularly in Eureka? Like, above the 300 ilevel cap that you normally adhere to. I know the glamour type stuff like Optical Hat and Cassie Earring do, but what else does? I'm only in early Pyros so I'm trying to plan ahead. Do the Pyros/Hydatos armor and the post-Pagos weapon upgrades make you stronger in Eureka or is that stuff only for progression outside of Eureka?

Any gear that has Elemental Level+ on it

there isn't much that does it.

The final gear you can get by upping the Pyros/Hydatos weapons by going to the BA a lot make you very strong in Eureka. But at that point, unless they continue Eureka or you are planning on farming for other classes, not really worth much

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any gear that has Elemental Level+ on it

there isn't much that does it.

The final gear you can get by upping the Pyros/Hydatos weapons by going to the BA a lot make you very strong in Eureka. But at that point, unless they continue Eureka or you are planning on farming for other classes, not really worth much
So what does do it? The Pyros/Hydatos armor?

My goals(in Eureka) until Shadowbringers are as follows:
-Finish Relic for DRK glamour
-Get Optical Hat glamour

The stronger I get in Eureka, the more easily I can farm the Pagos bunny fate. Late at night I can sometimes find a locked instance where I am basically alone and can solo that fate due to scaling, but it'd be nice to clear it quicker/safer by being stronger in Eureka.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even bothering to save up for the Regalia.

I thought it was going to be like other events where you do some stuff to get some tokens to trade in for the new items but 200,000 MGP or whatever it is too much Gold Saucer for me.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
After all this time I finally buckled down and got Ixion within the 2 past windows. Feels good. Really getting my goals accomplished before ShB. Now I just have the damn T-rex mount to get and finish leveling my first tank DRK because I gotta RP the expansion (plus wait times are sooo good).

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
After all this time I finally buckled down and got Ixion within the 2 past windows. Feels good. Really getting my goals accomplished before ShB. Now I just have the damn T-rex mount to get and finish leveling my first tank DRK because I gotta RP the expansion (plus wait times are sooo good).

I need to get my Suzaku and Seiryu mounts and then I'll be finished with Stormblood.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Pagos - These items lower your gcd and raise your primary stats (strength, intelligence, vit, etc...) above the ilv 300 cap. They're nice to have if you can get them for cheap, but the stat boost isn't that noticeable except for the lower gcd.

Speed Belt
Cassie Earrings
Optical Hat

Hydatos - These items boost your elemental stats raising your def and attack against all enemies. The number I heard at launch was that a full set raised your elemental level the equivalent of 8 levels. So if youre 60 in Hydatos with a full set youre hitting as hard as if you were 68, or 58 at lv 50 in Pyros, 43 at 35 in Pagos, and 28 at 20 in Anemos.

Kirin Osode (also lowers gcd) - Bought using rare BA tokens or you can buy these tokens from the MB. Requires 2 Cryptic Seals, Melee and Ranged Physical only.
Vermillion Cloak - same as above, requires 3 Damascene Cloth, Caster only. Piece also covers your head so you can skip upgrading the Pyros armor head.
Elemental Armor - Requires the base pieces from the pyros armor + an upgrade using Hydatos NM crystals + another upgrade using common BA tokens (cannot buy these from MB)
Finished Hydatos weapon - After you do all the NM crystal steps in Hydatos for the weapon theres an optional step that requires 100 of the common BA tokens to upagrade the elemental stats on your weapon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.