• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2018
HOW DO THEY REACH THE PEDALS!

X08c7X.gif

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pagos - These items lower your gcd and raise your primary stats (strength, intelligence, vit, etc...) above the ilv 300 cap. They're nice to have if you can get them for cheap, but the stat boost isn't that noticeable except for the lower gcd.
So comprehensive, thx so much for typing that out! Now I know what to shoot for as I finish up Eureka the next few weeks.

edit: One more question only slightly related. All the stats you roll on your weapon obviously carry over once you turn it into a Hydatos weapon right?

Last edited:

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So comprehensive, thx so much for typing that out! Now I know what to shoot for as I finish up Eureka the next few weeks.

edit: One more question only slightly related. All the stats you roll on your weapon obviously carry over once you turn it into a Hydatos weapon right?
Yes, you can also reroll after you finish the nm crystal steps in hydatos.

medli

Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys think I'll be able to complete the Seventh Astral Era (about half left), Heavensward, and Stormblood quests before the new expansion drops? I can play for like 2-3 hours a night. Really want to get to 70 before release but not sure if it's practical. I will focus on pretty much exclusively the MSQ, and maybe some Golden Saucer for getting the FFXV promotion.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I only see FXAA ingame as an option for FFXIV, is that really all there is? All it seems to do is apply a blur to the entire image, it's a pretty bad AA solution.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think I'll be able to complete the Seventh Astral Era (about half left), Heavensward, and Stormblood quests before the new expansion drops? I can play for like 2-3 hours a night. Really want to get to 70 before release but not sure if it's practical. I will focus on pretty much exclusively the MSQ, and maybe some Golden Saucer for getting the FFXV promotion.

Absolutely should be able to. Just don't lose focus :)

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you actually play about 2.5 hours a day focusing on MSQ, I feel you'll easily be ready for ShB.
It's 75 days until early access still.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Great, thanks for the info. Would you recommend getting all 5 rows of stats rolled while in Pyros or wait until I'm done with Hydatos?
Don't think it really matters either way, but i wouldnt waste too much time with rerolls right now simply because you can always come back and solo more light while BA is slowly dying and will likely be dead come late June.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Great, thanks for the info. Would you recommend getting all 5 rows of stats rolled while in Pyros or wait until I'm done with Hydatos?
It doesn't really matter. If you want to be able to equip it as soon as you upgrade it in Hydatos then get the stats first. If you're not 60 already maybe do the stats first, since the extra exp you'll get from grinding light will put you closer to cap in Hydatos.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it really matters either way, but i wouldnt waste too much time with rerolls right now simply because you can always come back and solo more light while BA is slowly dying and will likely be dead come late June.
It doesn't really matter. If you want to be able to equip it as soon as you upgrade it in Hydatos then get the stats first. If you're not 60 already maybe do the stats first, since the extra exp you'll get from grinding light will put you closer to cap in Hydatos.
Roger that, thank you both :)

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I vote for Parallax mapping being the visual thing which ffxiv does worst.
Oh yeah it's horrid, but isn't that a symptom of the horrid textures? Like if you fix the textures we could have better mapping right?
Shinryu and Seiryu are the hardest to farm. Shinryu is still hard because if two or three people mess up in the first phase, it's a wipe. That fight is still rough. Seiryu is only rough because you can't out level it.
Yeah I don't have the patients to deal with that. Usually just get the extreme mounts the next expansion over. Probably gonna take ShB more seriously and get things done as it comes.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I don't have the patients to deal with that. Usually just get the extreme mounts the next expansion over. Probably gonna take ShB more seriously and get things done as it comes.

You can always do Lakshmi and Susano Ex now to get a head start. Those two are actually easier on Extreme than the normal modes, if you're geared up.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Damn when I think about it, Shinryu was the only Extreme fight I didn't beat. Everyone else was manageable at worst but Shinryu was a fucking bastard. Not sure if I even wanna go back and finish it because the Tsukuyomi dog is the only one I was lucky enough to get. Farming dogs sounds like a pain in the ass.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly w/ the expansion Shinryu should be an example of learn to use arm's length/surecast.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shinryu is much like thordan ex in that it's really more of a savage raid-tier boss fight that they slapped an extreme label onto

Oct 25, 2017
Shinryu is a lot more forgiving than I think a lot of people remember. I dipped into a PF of four blind newbies with a couple of other people I knew a couple months ago and... uh.. this happened:

oJ2ycG4.png

no clear, but somehow getting to third phase like that was an adventure.

It's also a really good fight if you're looking for something low-profile to practice disaster recovery/quick party save decision making in. Going in for just dog farming would be suffering but as think-on-your-feet practice it can be a trip.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
shinryu is much like thordan ex in that it's really more of a savage raid-tier boss fight that they slapped an extreme label onto
Thordan was less forgiving because if your bitch ass died in that fight you (Unlike now) were missing 15 or 30% HP and the then relevant gear wasn't saving your ass from getting shit on by AOEs at the 8th or 9th phase.

Thordan was an extremely fucking good fight though holy shit can't wait for the ultimate version.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Thordan was less forgiving because if your bitch ass died in that fight you (Unlike now) were missing 15 or 30% HP and the then relevant gear wasn't saving your ass from getting shit on by AOEs at the 8th or 9th phase.

Thordan was an extremely fucking good fight though holy shit can't wait for the ultimate version.
Thordan at minimal ilvl was such an fun fight.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Thordan at minimal ilvl was such an fun fight.
Oh god its such an exhilarting fight especially as it goes on. Each phase its own little puzzle you have to figure out until you have this 11 minute gauntlet that by the end of it the gloves are off and they're throwing everything at you before enrage.

This is a fun read. A WoW developer talking about what they liked in Thordan Extreme.

https://pedrothedagger.blogspot.com/2016/03/raid-boss-dissection-ffxiv-thordan.html

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
Can't complete the event because it locks you out of your character.
Can't get the car unless you complete the event.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah it's horrid, but isn't that a symptom of the horrid textures? Like if you fix the textures we could have better mapping right?
Higher resolution texture would probably help. That being said it seems like their pom texture resolution is even lower than the texture itself, otherwise I don't understand that horrendous grid which sometimes appear :

1555408548-desktop-screenshot-2019-04-16-11-50-32-19.png

That being said I have limited experience with Parallax mapping, only time I did some myself was like 8 years ago for a Minecraft texture pack. But I feel like their biggest mistake ( other than resolution ), is that there is far too much noise, they should try to give volume only on place where it really matter. They seem to think that no part of a texture with pom should ever be flat.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Will the post-Stormblood quests be changed to reward players with EXP once the new level cap hits?

Yes and likely i370 gear (Equivalent to the i240 primal stuff in HW) but probably not enough to get you maybe a little more than level71. You'll probably still hit an EXP wall somewhere at level75-77.

Jan 11, 2018
Yes and likely i370 gear (Equivalent to the i240 primal stuff in HW) but probably not enough to get you maybe a little more than level71. You'll probably still hit an EXP wall somewhere at level75-77.

Anything to cut down on the grind helps. I've held off on doing it because Stormblood only took me a week to beat, so I want my time with Shadowbringers to last a bit longer (even if it's technically more of Stormblood added into the mix). I could probably use some new gear as well.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Anything to cut down on the grind helps. I've held off on doing it because Stormblood only took me a week to beat, so I want my time with Shadowbringers to last a bit longer (even if it's technically more of Stormblood added into the mix). I could probably use some new gear as well.

Eh i'd do it now because 4.1 to 4.56 should take about I dunno 6-8 hours. Its 3 dungeons (4.1, 4.4, 4.5), Several instances, and a Trial.

In any case you'll need 4.1 done to do 3 of 4 Custom Deliveries (Highly recommend you get crafting to 70 now for the self repairs), 4.2 for the Four Lord trials, and 4.5 for Expert Roulette access.

tbh it makes no sense to hold onto it for the exp. I plan on getting all my alts gear to i38X with crafted and pre 5.0 ready. (I have 5 alts right now at level70 lol @,@)

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
FFXV event seems to have been fixed now.

It's not just for the EXP, but also the additional game time. Like I said, Stormblood felt a bit short to me.

Oh don't worry it is shorter. ARR + 2.x is like 30 fucking hours and HW + SB combined (Up to 3.4 at least when I recorded my IGT without any afk time) is 3 days of game time.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I have, but I don't know if much of what I did is really relevant. We did a lot of weird stuff basically throughout--no predation cheese allowed so no mit used there meaning we had more to throw at the rest of pre-suppression which in turn let me constantly realign CDs in early Ultima, 1-1-1-1 aetheroplasms to take all four booms at the same time which ate up a ton of our mitigation but meant we didn't have to heal between boom hiits, suppression tether taken by a healer (because we did three of our four Garuda 2-stack cleanses on our tanks, leaving no tank stacks for mesohigh) so we had to cram GCDs in between the fireball dodge and tank purge, etc.

What I ultimately ended up doing when we hit primal roulette was grabbing timestamps from the end of suppression through the last primal ultimate and working my CDs backwards. It's less than a minute from Suppression cast to the Ultima cast, and then from Ultima to the last primal ult hitting is about 90 seconds, so it was mostly picking which endgame mechanic I was going to throw a CD back and then counting backwards to see the latest I could use it before then.

I more or less settled on making sure I had bubble for Titan's ult because the way the timing on viscous/weights/earthen fury worked out made it the diciest shield spot (on our first clear our bard survived with like 250 hp thanks to bubble and a late succor application, although this should be less of an issue with a level synced or 375 left side--the HP difference should be sufficient to cover a late shield now), used light speed on Garuda, and usually had star out on Ifrit to either heal up after his ultimate or top between Viiscous and the ultimate. Doing literally anything other than 1-1-1-1 for booms will probably free up more party mit though which should give you more choices during primal gauntlet.
Thank you for this! In the group I'm helping now we're doing 2-2-1-1 and tank LB1 memes for booms (well that's the plan. I've not seen this LB1 strat done successfully as of yet, haha). I think I'll try to get them to hold shake or something for Titan just as a buffer.

Mana management is giving me a bit of trouble too. Can you remember where you use Lucid Dreaming in Ultima? With how I'm doing primals, it comes off CD in the middle of the Ultima transition that I can pop for free and then the next one is during the tumults > mistral shriek after Predation (I extend with my star/bubble regens so I don't have to use any GCDs healing there). My problems seem to occur when I get to Suppression as my mana is almost dry at that point and Lucid is a few seconds off. Which isn't the end of the world; there's no healing for a bit anyway. I'm just a biiiiit worried about primal roulette on AST and if I should try to line up refresh to come up sooner.

Oct 29, 2017
I've recently gotten back into the game after playing sparingly over the past few months. I've completed Return to Ivalice, the Four Lords questline, almost done with Hildibrand, and plugging along on the main story quest. Is there anything else cool I might have missed or things I should be sure and get done before Shadowbringers?

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I've recently gotten back into the game after playing sparingly over the past few months. I've completed Return to Ivalice, the Four Lords questline, almost done with Hildibrand, and plugging along on the main story quest. Is there anything else cool I might have missed or things I should be sure and get done before Shadowbringers?
You really don't have to do it unless you really crave the relic weapon but... Eureka.

faced

Dec 17, 2017
I'm playing the free trial, if I buy the expansion eventually do I have to make a new character to become a bunny girl or what

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
I'm playing the free trial, if I buy the expansion eventually do I have to make a new character to become a bunny girl or what

No - you will need to buy a Fantasia from the Mogstation https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

You will need a base account + expansion (just shadowbringers will give you all of them)
Fantasia. Log in, take all the clothes off your character, use fantasia, log out, click on your character name and re-edit, change race and customise.

Viera won't be out until EA for Shadowbringers launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.