• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Just hit lvl.70 with my Dark Knight! This is my first sub-battle job (main is NIN) I've tried leveling and my first tank! Took me about a month, about 2 hours a night/50-80 hours to get from 30-70 with the 30% xp earring from shadowbringers and daily leveling roullette and beast tribes and latest dungeons.

It was fun and I learned a lot about tanking! It was also fun going back through Heavensward/Stormblood campaigns in story order. I don't really do roulettes with my main NIN, so a lot of dungeons I did like once in the story and never again.

I didn't read any guides to Dark Knight so I just took my best guess at figuring out what each ability is used for and when to use and what rotation is good. I did pretty good at staying alive and keeping group enemity until I hit Doma Castle lvl.67 and then all the sudden my armor was melting and the teammates were stealing aggro in group mobs faster than I could aggro. Then I figured out that rather than just doing my 1->2->3 with dark arts between 2/3 and throwing Carve and Spit and Bloodletters and Leaps which are all single enemy targets and keeping Salted earth up, that with mobs I should just focus on doing Dark Arts -> Abyssal Drain as much as possible to keep enemity and HP and that helped a lot in the last few dungeons in SB. I tried using Quietus for AoE enemity but it doesn't seem to do much. In fact I'm not really sure what I should be doing with the Blood Guage I'm building up. I use the extender one to extend my MP gain but while that's in cooldown I pretty much just toss out Bloodletters whenever its at 50.

As a DRK without reading any job guides, so not knowing the rotation I find I'm struggling keeping MP up all the time because everything eats up a lot of MP, especially with Dark Arts buffing. I just did the final lvl.70 job quest and got The Blackest Night and I have no idea when I would use that since it's another thing that just sucks up a bunch of MP. Like I guess I use it at the start of mobs after aggroing them all to fill the blood gauge quick but like I said I'm not really sure what to do with the bloodgauge when it's filled up so idk. I feel like I'd rather have the MP than Blood Guage.

So yeah, next step is I'm going to read a job guide and rotation guide and actually learn how I'm really supposed to be playing DRK! But it's been fun playing blind until now and most of the time my teammates had a good time haha.

After reading up and practicing the job more, the last thing I really need to do before I'd feel comfortable trying on current endgame content as a tank is I need to learn how to tank swap. I've still never done it and I've still after maybe 75 hours as a tank never used Shirk action once in the game. I mean in dungeons you're the only tank! So it doesn't come into play and all of the normal mode bosses I've fought so far haven't required any swapping so every primal or alexander raid I do one tank just is the tank and the other is the off-tank and just acts as a DPS the whole fight. It has been a lot of fun being the MT on stuff like Susano and Lakshmi, very different experience from being DPS.

So next time I'm on, I'm going to ask whoevers online in the FC if they'll help me practice learning and doing tank swaps. I understand in concept how it works, but I need to actually do it in action so I feel like know what I'm doing.

After that will try Ala Mhigo & Shinryuu (normal) since I just hit 70 and haven't tried tanking them yet. Then will try some Omega raids (normal mode) tanking and maybe try Rabanastre and see how comfortable I feel with a current 24man. I did all 3 maps of CT as tank to try it out and it was pretty fun and easy but that's because CT is tuned jokingly easy at this point. Haven't tried the Void Ark stuff.

Oh one question I have for tanking 24man raids is how do I tell if the enemy on my enemy list is green because a tank in another alliance is currently tanking them or whether it's green because I should be tanking them and I'm not and they're pounding on one of my non-tank teammates murdering them? I just see a list of enemies with a bunch of green and I'm not sure which enemies I should be grabbing aggro on??

That reminds me, a second tanking question I have is when I was a DPS for like the last 1,000 hours and 2.5 years of playing this game I was always told in boss fights when adds spawn DPS KILL ADDS. Now as a tank, when adds spawn and I'm tanking the boss I never aggro them...am I doing it right? Or should I be grabbing any adds that spawn while tanking the main boss? As I watch the adds go around and beat up my teammates I'm like thinking "oh shit am I supposed to be getting those???"

Also when I'm tanking a boss and you have to move around a lot because of AoE marker spawns, is there a general consensus on where I should be leading the boss around? Like the boss of Doma Castle with the 4 gears that drop with big AoEs and mines and stuff I'm moving around a lot and I feel like I hope my teammates aren't annoyed that the boss keeps moving around instead of staying in one spot to fight.

Thanks!

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just hit lvl.70 with my Dark Knight! This is my first sub-battle job (main is NIN) I've tried leveling and my first tank! Took me about a month, about 2 hours a night/50-80 hours to get from 30-70 with the 30% xp earring from shadowbringers and daily leveling roullette and beast tribes and latest dungeons.

It was fun and I learned a lot about tanking! It was also fun going back through Heavensward/Stormblood campaigns in story order. I don't really do roulettes with my main NIN, so a lot of dungeons I did like once in the story and never again.

I didn't read any guides to Dark Knight so I just took my best guess at figuring out what each ability is used for and when to use and what rotation is good. I did pretty good at staying alive and keeping group enemity until I hit Doma Castle lvl.67 and then all the sudden my armor was melting and the teammates were stealing aggro in group mobs faster than I could aggro. Then I figured out that rather than just doing my 1->2->3 with dark arts between 2/3 and throwing Carve and Spit and Bloodletters and Leaps which are all single enemy targets and keeping Salted earth up, that with mobs I should just focus on doing Dark Arts -> Abyssal Drain as much as possible to keep enemity and HP and that helped a lot in the last few dungeons in SB. I tried using Quietus for AoE enemity but it doesn't seem to do much. In fact I'm not really sure what I should be doing with the Blood Guage I'm building up. I use the extender one to extend my MP gain but while that's in cooldown I pretty much just toss out Bloodletters whenever its at 50.

As a DRK without reading any job guides, so not knowing the rotation I find I'm struggling keeping MP up all the time because everything eats up a lot of MP, especially with Dark Arts buffing. I just did the final lvl.70 job quest and got The Blackest Night and I have no idea when I would use that since it's another thing that just sucks up a bunch of MP. Like I guess I use it at the start of mobs after aggroing them all to fill the blood gauge quick but like I said I'm not really sure what to do with the bloodgauge when it's filled up so idk.

So yeah, next step is I'm going to read a job guide and rotation guide and actually learn how I'm really supposed to be playing DRK! But it's been fun playing blind until now and most of the time my teammates had a good time haha.

After reading up and practicing the job more, the last thing I really need to do before I'd feel comfortable trying on current endgame content as a tank is I need to learn how to tank swap. I've still never done it and I've still after maybe 75 hours as a tank never used Shirk action once in the game. I mean in dungeons you're the only tank! So it doesn't come into play and all of the normal mode bosses I've fought so far haven't required any swapping so every primal or alexander raid I do one tank just is the tank and the other is the off-tank and just acts as a DPS the whole fight. It has been a lot of fun being the MT on stuff like Susano and Lakshmi, very different experience from being DPS.

So next time I'm on, I'm going to ask whoevers online in the FC if they'll help me practice learning and doing tank swaps. I understand in concept how it works, but I need to actually do it in action so I feel like know what I'm doing.

After that will try Ala Mhigo & Shinryuu (normal) since I just hit 70 and haven't tried tanking them yet. Then will try some Omega raids (normal mode) tanking and maybe try Rabanastre and see how comfortable I feel with a current 24man. I did all 3 maps of CT as tank to try it out and it was pretty fun and easy but that's because CT is tuned jokingly easy at this point. Haven't tried the Void Ark stuff.

Oh one question I have for tanking 24man raids is how do I tell if the enemy on my enemy list is green because a tank in another alliance is currently tanking them or whether it's green because I should be tanking them and I'm not and they're pounding on one of my non-tank teammates murdering them? I just see a list of enemies with a bunch of green and I'm not sure which enemies I should be grabbing aggro on??

That reminds me, a second tanking question I have is when I was a DPS for like the last 1,000 hours and 2.5 years of playing this game I was always told in boss fights when adds spawn DPS KILL ADDS. Now as a tank, when adds spawn and I'm tanking the boss I never aggro them...I'm I doing it right? Or should I be grabbing any adds that spawn while tanking the main boss? As I watch the adds go around and beat up my teammates I'm like thinking "oh shit am I supposed to be getting those???"

Also when I'm tanking a boss and you have to move around a lot because of AoE marker spawns, is there a general consensus on where I should be leading the boss around? Like the boss of Doma Castle with the 4 gears that drop with big AoEs and mines and stuff I'm moving around a lot and I feel like I hope my teammates aren't annoyed that the boss keeps moving around instead of staying in one spot to fight.

Thanks!
From my WoW experience, adds are for the off tank (in raids).
In dungeons, it depends: overgeared party? Let them handle them. Normal geared party or leveling party: get those adds ASAP or enjoy your wipe!

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
So glad they addressed those topics in the live letter, seems like way more people are chillin out about the genders.

Also amazed at the devs going out of their way to make face gear for Hrothgar and Viera work. Hope that all the horns and the Chocobo mask are in that 200 or so parts they made.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a Era Discord for FFXIV?

I found my old account with ARR Collector's Edition on it and I actually had another account for ARR+HW for whatever reason, but this one has an authenticator which I can't access atm.

I've found a key for ARR + HW + SB + 30 days of gametime for 16€, can I buy this and apply it on the first account? Or won't it work since I already have ARR unlocked on it?
I want to start from the beginning since I didn't play for like 4 years so I don't care about losing progress.

Also is there a EU guild on Era?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

As a DRK without reading any job guides, so not knowing the rotation I find I'm struggling keeping MP up all the time because everything eats up a lot of MP, especially with Dark Arts buffing. I just did the final lvl.70 job quest and got The Blackest Night and I have no idea when I would use that since it's another thing that just sucks up a bunch of MP. Like I guess I use it at the start of mobs after aggroing them all to fill the blood gauge quick but like I said I'm not really sure what to do with the bloodgauge when it's filled up so idk. I feel like I'd rather have the MP than Blood Guage.

That reminds me, a second tanking question I have is when I was a DPS for like the last 1,000 hours and 2.5 years of playing this game I was always told in boss fights when adds spawn DPS KILL ADDS. Now as a tank, when adds spawn and I'm tanking the boss I never aggro them...am I doing it right? Or should I be grabbing any adds that spawn while tanking the main boss? As I watch the adds go around and beat up my teammates I'm like thinking "oh shit am I supposed to be getting those???"

Thanks!
Quietus is for MP for Abyssal Drains. The AOE tanking process is The Blackest Night for Blood, Blood on Quietus for MP, MP on Abyssal Drain for damage and HP.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I was checking out my main and I had a bunch of gil from giving up my house so I bought an entire set of tank gear but the thing is I haven't tanked on my Dark Knight since 4.0 came out does anyone have any tips to get me back up to speed?

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I was checking out my main and I had a bunch of gil from giving up my house so I bought an entire set of tank gear but the thing is I haven't tanked on my Dark Knight since 4.0 came out does anyone have any tips to get me back up to speed?
Wait, since dark knight is getting an overhaul that will be talked about on the 23rd, I believe. We don't know just how much it's going to change, so getting used to it now may be pointless.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, since dark knight is getting an overhaul that will be talked about on the 23rd, I believe. We don't know just how much it's going to change, so getting used to it now may be pointless.

I'm switching to Gunbreaker the day it comes out I'm so sick of all the DPS classes and I'm an awful healer so tanking is all I have left.

Rayen

Oct 29, 2017
I think I'm going to make the change from a tiny cat girl to a tiny cat boy soon. I can't stand it anymore. Every girl set that comes out seems to be tiny shorts/skirt and thigh high stockings/boots and boy characters just get some normal ass pants. I hit 70 on bard the other day, went to look at my new gear, fished the pants out of my regular bags and saw a pair of normal pants as the icon, yay! But no, no pants at all. Same with the Easter gear, cute pants for boys that I really want, tiny shorts for girls. All of the AF gear teases so far have been similar as well. Ugh.

You guys, I just want pants. I know I can just glamour over it, but that really takes away from the iconic look of a lot of these sets and I shouldn't have to for so many. And they use so many colours that are ever so slightly different from what I can dye so it always looks terrible anyway.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to make the change from a tiny cat girl to a tiny cat boy soon. I can't stand it anymore. Every girl set that comes out seems to be tiny shorts/skirt and thigh high stockings/boots and boy characters just get some normal ass pants. I hit 70 on bard the other day, went to look at my new gear, fished the pants out of my regular bags and saw a pair of normal pants as the icon, yay! But no, no pants at all. Same with the Easter gear, cute pants for boys that I really want, tiny shorts for girls. All of the AF gear teases so far have been similar as well. Ugh.

You guys, I just want pants. I know I can just glamour over it, but that really takes away from the iconic look of a lot of these sets and I shouldn't have to for so many. And they use so many colours that are ever so slightly different from what I can dye so it always looks terrible anyway.
Yep, thigh highs and skirts everywhere, which is something I've never been into. It's why I rolled a male character over a female one. Plus it's more fun to dress up a boy :3

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I don't know what to do. The iLVL requirement for the Ghimlyt Dark is 360 and I'm at 343. How the fuck am I supposed to get 17 average ilvl to progress the fucking storyline?

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I don't know what to do. The iLVL requirement for the Ghimlyt Dark is 360 and I'm at 343. How the fuck am I supposed to get 17 average ilvl to progress the fucking storyline?
I had this problem because I hadn't realy played for a while and just barely got into the iLVL for the previous story bit. I just bought stuff on the MB to pad my iLVL out because I couldn't be bothered grinding out some tomes.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018

Tome grinding, crafted gear, o5-o8 (I think?), or you could do eureka and get i380 left side gear!

Ok SE has really failed at keeping the gear transition smooth for years. For most dungeons you can easily hit the ilvl of the next tier of dungeon with the previous dungeon's gear. For some reason though they love to make it so that doesn't work sometimes. It is especially bad because doing the 8 man raids after the weekly limit is removed is frustrating because they chose a terrible loot system. Yes, specific item drops is far better than tokens when you're forced to roll against 7 other people every time.

Also, if you're in a light party iirc you don't actually need to be the required ilvl, so you just need 3 people to carry you.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tome grinding, crafted gear, o5-o8 (I think?), or you could do eureka and get i380 left side gear!

Ok SE has really failed at keeping the gear transition smooth for years. For most dungeons you can easily hit the ilvl of the next tier of dungeon with the previous dungeon's gear. For some reason though they love to make it so that doesn't work sometimes. It is especially bad because doing the 8 man raids after the weekly limit is removed is frustrating because they chose a terrible loot system. Yes, specific item drops is far better than tokens when you're forced to roll against 7 other people every time.

Also, if you're in a light party iirc you don't actually need to be the required ilvl, so you just need 3 people to carry you.

Yeah, I just went to the market board and bought a shitload of crafted ilvl80 gear. Zero patience for tomestone or raid grinding right now when my FC is dead and I have nobody to play with anymore.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of gear, will the SB tomestone gear ever get cheaper? You can get full left side poetics gear with about 2,000 tomes. Was the poetics gear always this cheap or did they eventually get cheaper? It sucks getting only one or two pieces of gear with the current 900 weekly cap or whatever it is because some of the gear costs over 800 tomes.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
Speaking of gear, will the SB tomestone gear ever get cheaper? You can get full left side poetics gear with about 2,000 tomes. Was the poetics gear always this cheap or did they eventually get cheaper? It sucks getting only one or two pieces of gear with the current 900 weekly cap or whatever it is because some of the gear costs over 800 tomes.

It got cheaper.

Yeah, I just went to the market board and bought a shitload of crafted ilvl80 gear. Zero patience for tomestone or raid grinding right now when my FC is dead and I have nobody to play with anymore.

I know it is a typo, but I can just imagine you going into that dungeon with ilvl 80 gear. It wouldn't even be something unheard of, I've seen people with gear that required them to equip it after they entered the dungeon due to ilvl restriction when inspecting bad dps sometimes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know it is a typo, but I can just imagine you going into that dungeon with ilvl 80 gear. It wouldn't even be something unheard of, I've seen people with gear that required them to equip it after they entered the dungeon due to ilvl restriction when inspecting bad dps sometimes.

Ha, that would be hilarious. "Why is this SAM doing literally no damage? That's all he's here for!"

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
So there's a chance it'll get cheaper before Shadowbringers? Because if that's the case I wouldn't mind gearing up all my alts to at least 390.

No chance it gets cheaper before Shadowbringers, it would get cheaper when it gets shuffled off to poetics land.

Edit: I also don''t remember if gear gets one huge drop when it goes from current to poetic or if it is gradual.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
No chance it gets cheaper before Shadowbringers, it would get cheaper when it gets shuffled off to poetics land.

Edit: I also don''t remember if gear gets one huge drop when it goes from current to poetic or if it is gradual.

Damn. I guess I'll focus on maybe getting my RDM to 390-400. Maybe the rest to 380? I don't even know. I'm not gonna stress it. I'm happy having AST and WHM at 400.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Hello all. Im approaching level 50 blm now while doing the main story in a realm reborn . I keep hearing things change once you hit lvl 50 for equipment, what exactly does this mean and how do I go about getting new equipment then? also Where can I go for equipment on the right side like rings and stuff? it seems like I no longer find anything for sale or as a reward. (i am doing job quests for the spells and equipment)

Also What exactly am I supposed to do for money in the game? Sure I seem to be ok right now with just the quest rewards money, but I get the feeling that will quickly change. I'm not looking for some get rich quick scheme, just stuff to earn some money.

Ive only been playing a bit over a week and I have to say this game is significantly more forgiving than ffxi was, and the rate at which you can progress through the content runs circles around xi (I dont know if thats still the case). Im enjoying it so far; I even joined the era free company, though Im ashamed to say I have been too afraid to ever say anything in it.

I havent spoken to many people in the game due to the nature of not really needing to with how solo friendly alot of stuff is combined with the duty system, but I have to say I am really impressed with how friendly the community in this game is. FFXI was full of awful people where it wasnt uncommon that I would see people in a party get kicked because of a death or (or others would rage quit), kick someone from a group because their equipment wasnt good enough (still good equip just not the best),hating someone simply for playing a certain job, or people trying to kill other parties to claim their leveling spot.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, as a samurai, Zenos is fucking impossible. The swords he summons die way too slowly and I just get nuked to death. How the fuck are you supposed to reasonably do this fight?

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
Hello all. Im approaching level 50 blm now while doing the main story in a realm reborn . I keep hearing things change once you hit lvl 50 for equipment, what exactly does this mean and how do I go about getting new equipment then? also Where can I go for equipment on the right side like rings and stuff? it seems like I no longer find anything for sale or as a reward. (i am doing job quests for the spells and equipment)

Also What exactly am I supposed to do for money in the game? Sure I seem to be ok right now with just the quest rewards money, but I get the feeling that will quickly change. I'm not looking for some get rich quick scheme, just stuff to earn some money.

Ive only been playing a bit over a week and I have to say this game is significantly more forgiving than ffxi was, and the rate at which you can progress through the content runs circles around xi (I dont know if thats still the case). Im enjoying it so far; I even joined the era free company, though Im ashamed to say I have been too afraid to ever say anything in it.

I havent spoken to many people in the game due to the nature of not really needing to with the duty system, but I have to say I am really impressed with how friendly the community in this game is. FFXI was full of awful people where it wasnt uncommon that I would see people in a party get kicked because of a death or (or others would rage quit), kick someone from a group because their equipment wasnt good enough (still good equip just not the best),hating someone simply for playing a certain job, or people trying to kill other parties to claim their leveling spot.

At level 50 you can start to earn Poetics tomes which can be used to purchase gear (lvl 50, 60, and in a couple months 70). As for making money, honestly gil really isn't necessary at all in FFXIV. The only gil sink involved for most people is just repairing your gear.

Okay, as a samurai, Zenos is fucking impossible. The swords he summons die way too slowly and I just get nuked to death. How the fuck are you supposed to reasonably do this fight?

As a SAM you should have no issues at all for Zenos, the swords are just a small dps check iirc.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
My server is Gilgamesh. Is that on Aether? I'm a little out of the loop on the data center breakdowns lately.

8iAbINb.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Huh, so it is. I feel like I must've missed the last data center shuffle.

It's kind of odd - the IL 380 katana in the market board has significantly lower attack power than the Augmented Lost Allagan Katana I have right now. Do the higher bonus stats make that big of a difference that they might be contributing to my weaker attack power?

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018

It's kind of odd - the IL 380 katana in the market board has significantly lower attack power than the Augmented Lost Allagan Katana I have right now. Do the higher bonus stats make that big of a difference that they might be contributing to my weaker attack power?

You're not comparing NQ to Augmented Lost Allagan are you? Also for weapons, Weapon Damage is > than everything else.

Crafted i380 (HQ) is 105, Aug Lost Allagan is 99.

Edit: Also before you buy any items I'd recommend checking the various market boards on the other servers. Often times you might find the item cheaper on a different server.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Are you sure? Checking both on Eorzea Database, the Augmented Lost Allagan Katana has 99 attack vs an HQ Rakshasa Katana's 105. Plus the Rakshasa katana has a ton more stats.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Ok, read up on DRK rotations and tried practice for a bit on Stone/Sea targets and then tried running Ala Mhigo to practice with people (both AoE rotation and single enemy rotation). Went pretty well.

For off-tank DPS rotation, it seems pretty brain-dead easy outside if you're going to throw in The Blackest Night. Otherwise it's like just like stay out of Grit, keep doing 1/2/3 weaving in DA while maintaning about 5k Mana, pop Carve & Spit on cooldown, Plunge, Salted Earth, Sole Survivor. Everytime Blood Weapon pops hit that and Delerium and burst all you've got, but between Blood Weapon/Delirium cooldowns it's like incredibly simple rotation. I can do this pretty well already.

For MT DPS rotation, I can do the initial Grit up, blood price, unmend, plunge, 1/2/3 Enmity combo -> turn off Grit and follow the off-tank rotation above. The only issues I have are 1) When to pop TBN after that (basically just doing it anytime tankbuster is coming or HP is getting low and 2) How often I should turn Grit back on and 1/2/3 Enmity to keep my Enmity above my team. Basically right now if I see it turn yellow I provoke, switch Grit on and then do that 1/2/3 and then go back to the off-tank rotation with Grit off. I'm doing this rotation for dungeon bosses right now.

For mob rotation, I could not find a good guide for the life of me, so I'm basically just Grit always on in dungeon (outside bosses) aggro enemies -> pop blood price, pop TBN, pop rampart/etc/cooldowns, pop Salted earth, pop sole survivor, pop Delerium to extend blood price MP regen and then basically Abyssal Drain, Abyssal Drain, Quietus, Abyssal Drain, Quietus, with throwing in DA on some of the Abyssal Drains to get extra healing. Using non-DA Carve & Spit just for some more MP and Plunge on cooldown and that's about it. The problem I'm having is this burns through MP so fast with all the ADs and it's tough getting enough blood to keep doing Quietus. I had 1 death on mobs in Ala Mhigo when trying to pull 2 groups.

I'm guessing the ideal mob AoE rotation is like TBN -> Abyssal Drain -> TBN pops -> Quietus refills Mana -> TBN -> Abyssal Drain -> Queitus -> repeat kinda thing? Any tips for mobs would be helpful. I'm going to try to tank the Ghimily Dark sometime soon to test if I can tank current content mobs.

For bosses, I just need to keep practicing my rotations so I can look at the boss to see their upcoming attacks, attack markers, because right now trying to pull off the rotation I'm spending a lot of time looking at my cross-bar and my MP gauge to make sure I'm hitting things on cooldown and not running too low on MP and not saving too much MP so I take my eyes off the boss way too much, but I've only been practicing the rotation for like an hour so I'll just need more practice.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
When you're properly geared you'll very rarely have to do more than one hate combo, nevertheless in Grit. Dark arts the power slash and you should be good to go; dungeon bosses should die quick enough that more isn't needed and in 8-man trials you can just circle-shirk the other tank. I don't play DRK all that much this expansion but I believe TDN usage is up to your own discretion outside of the opener

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
So, gonna start by apologizing for noob questions.
I played a bit when ARR came out, so I have a character that I used for a little, but I reinstalled since HW is free:
- Is the 7 day free campaign only for new accounts? I logged in but my character is not showing up.
- Launcher issues: I haven't tried changing my DNS yet (though I think its already set to Google's), but I am getting an error in japanese with multiple dx11.dll and FFXIV_dx11.exe citations. I can play in DX9 though.

Thanks!

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So, gonna start by apologizing for noob questions.
I played a bit when ARR came out, so I have a character that I used for a little, but I reinstalled since HW is free:
- Is the 7 day free campaign only for new accounts? I logged in but my character is not showing up.
- Launcher issues: I haven't tried changing my DNS yet (though I think its already set to Google's), but I am getting an error in japanese with multiple dx11.dll and FFXIV_dx11.exe citations. I can play in DX9 though.

Thanks!

The fact you logged in means you got 7days. You're probably looking at the wrong server, or wrong datacenter.

Other issue no idea, the launcher itself shouldn't have issues with DX11 since it's just a launcher, unless you're running an old windows?

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
The fact you logged in means you got 7days. You're probably looking at the wrong server, or wrong datacenter.

Other issue no idea, the launcher itself shouldn't have issues with DX11 since it's just a launcher, unless you're running an old windows?
Nah, I'm on win10. I saw people had similar issues through a Google search and some suggestions said to reinstall... I'm not thrilled about 30 gigs to download again. 😔

I'll check datacenter and server though, thanks!

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man fuck Wondrous Tails. I did it for the first time and every single shuffle screwed me over. I should've just stick to my 1 line.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, that last scene before the credits.

What the hell was up with Varis' face? Were they trying to pull a "IS VARIS POSSESSED TOO?!!?!?!?" twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.