• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think I even have an emergency removal password. I probably need to find that out. I really don't want to deal with customer service.
Not sure if you need the removal password to actually remove it if you still have access, if you don't might be worth removing it, then adding it again so you get the removal password this way.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I just finished the main story and wanted to know that besides getting tomes to get mor dhana gear should I keep doing the rest of the realm reborn stuff first? or just go straight into heavensward content?

Also Is there any way to get a sanguine scepter besides crafting it? I need one for my relic weapon and checking the marketboard only shows HQ ones for sale at 50k and up.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished the main story and wanted to know that besides getting tomes to get mor dhana gear should I keep doing the rest of the realm reborn stuff first? or just go straight into heavensward content?

Also Is there any way to get a sanguine scepter besides crafting it? I need one for my relic weapon and checking the marketboard only shows HQ ones for sale at 50k and up.
You can't not do the rest of ARR. Heavensward starts after you're done, unless you buy a storyskip on the mogstation. You'll get gear and tomes as you do that so I find it's not super necessary but that's up to you. If you have 600poetics you can buy the ironworks weapon and upgrade it and that's really enough to be ready for heavensward with the i110armor and accessories they give you near the end of the 2.x MSQ.

Only crafted, if you're in a FC, most crafters can make it, it's just a standard lvl 50 recipe. One of the material only drops in dungeon and might be expensive though. You can definitely skip the relic until you're higher level and unsync solo stuff instead.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
You can't not do the rest of ARR. Heavensward starts after you're done, unless you buy a storyskip on the mogstation. You'll get gear and tomes as you do that so I find it's not super necessary but that's up to you. If you have 600poetics you can buy the ironworks weapon and upgrade it and that's really enough to be ready for heavensward with the i110armor and accessories they give you near the end of the 2.x MSQ.

Only crafted, if you're in a FC, most crafters can make it, it's just a standard lvl 50 recipe. One of the material only drops in dungeon and might be expensive though. You can definitely skip the relic until you're higher level and unsync solo stuff instead.
Sorry I meant all the optional dungeons, trials and stuff that opens up after finishing the main story.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry I meant all the optional dungeons, trials and stuff that opens up after finishing the main story.
One good thing to unlock for xp is alliance raids. Start the crystal tower questline(Mysterious Man in Mor Dhona or something like that, quest name was Legacy of Allag iirc) and unlock at least the first 2. Then you can do the alliance raid roulette, which gives very good xp and a lot of poetics too(and some old glamour gear some of which still looks alright). Especially if you only have the first 2, it's a really quick roulette, the 3rd part is a bit longer but it's worth unlocking eventually for story and such especially since it'll be kinda tied to the next expansion, just don't touch the Heavensward ones imo if you want to use the roulette for xp.

Side dungeons I probably wouldn't bother too much until you're bored and feel like doing them, trials all of them besides the last one are part of the MSQ in ARR so can't really avoid these(unless you mean extreme ones, then don't bother until you're 70 with these imo), coils you could unlock but it'll be hard to find people without doing it unsynced and if you're doing it unsynced you might as well wait until 70, although the story is very good and it's definitely worth doing at some point, even has a CGI cutscene in it. Hildibrande you could start but that's terrible xp it's just for fun.

Otherwise just keep going, Heavensward story is very interesting imo and beats most of the other content you can do atm in terms of quality.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
One good thing to unlock for xp is alliance raids. Start the crystal tower questline(Mysterious Man in Mor Dhona or something like that, quest name was Legacy of Allag iirc) and unlock at least the first 2. Then you can do the alliance raid roulette, which gives very good xp and a lot of poetics too(and some old glamour gear some of which still looks alright). Especially if you only have the first 2, it's a really quick roulette, the 3rd part is a bit longer but it's worth unlocking eventually for story and such especially since it'll be kinda tied to the next expansion, just don't touch the Heavensward ones imo if you want to use the roulette for xp.

Side dungeons I probably wouldn't bother too much until you're bored and feel like doing them, trials all of them besides the last one are part of the MSQ in ARR so can't really avoid these(unless you mean extreme ones, then don't bother until you're 70 with these imo), coils you could unlock but it'll be hard to find people without doing it unsynced and if you're doing it unsynced you might as well wait until 70, although the story is very good and it's definitely worth doing at some point, even has a CGI cutscene in it. Hildibrande you could start but that's terrible xp it's just for fun.

Otherwise just keep going, Heavensward story is very interesting imo and beats most of the other content you can do atm in terms of quality.
Thanks, I thought I was done with a realm reborn stuff since the credits rolled and i guess I assumed the main story quests I was currently doing was more like an epilogue since they were all short story scenes. So about how much do I have left if I only did a few main story quests after the credits rolled on the praetorium?

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I thought I was done with a realm reborn stuff since the credits rolled and i guess I assumed the main story quests I was currently doing was more like an epilogue since they were all short story scenes. So about how much do I have left if I only did a few main story quests after the credits rolled on the praetorium?

A lot. It's generally considered the slowest part of the game, up to about 2.3. I think in total it's nearly 100 quests.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Orbonne, Hildibrand, Suzaku, and Alphascape V1.0 yesterday. Quite a lot of progress.

Still bummed about that next expansion, though.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

Each expansion has more story after the x.0 main scenario quests are done. They add more MSQs in the x.1, x.2, x.3, x.4, x.5, and x.56 patches. You won't really be finished with A Realm Reborn until you finish the 2.56 main scenario quests.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
When you complete the 6pm Leap of Faith Gate during a 6pm maintenance.

lGLJJ9e.gif

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Light nerfs for Pyros, maybe crystal buff for Hydratos. I'd also like to see them just ditch the raise restriction on BA, but I doubt that will happen.

They'll finally let people buy Seiryu dogs though.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they reduce the crystal cost of gear rather than increase crystal drops. I've been saving my crystals hoping to capitalize.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pagos Bunny Fate nerf please. I've done like 200 and only have a single gold chest to show for it. It is just brutal RNG.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Slowly diving into Heavensward now. I slowed down a lot since I wanted to knock the Extreme Primal fights out of the way but not getting any hits on the duty finder so been chipping away at Warrior to do it eventually.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Slowly diving into Heavensward now. I slowed down a lot since I wanted to knock the Extreme Primal fights out of the way but not getting any hits on the duty finder so been chipping away at Warrior to do it eventually.

No one does extreme primals through the duty finder. They're always in the party finder. Tomorrow is reset day. There will be groups doing them unsynced for WT, if you don't mind doing them unsynced.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
No one does extreme primals through the duty finder. They're always in the party finder. Tomorrow is reset day. There will be groups doing them unsynced for WT, if you don't mind doing them unsynced.

I don't mind/would not mind. Not sure how to do unsynced stuff.

But other issue is I play on a NA server while living in Asia so outside the weekend there is always a decent wait time for everything in my case.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
On the duty finder windows there's a gear. Just hit the gear and check mark unsync and you'll go in with whatever party members you have at whatever lv/gear score they're at.

Honestly, some of those HW fights are amazing synced. If you have the time and want to experience them at the relevant item level I'd highly recommend it for Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign.

Honestly I'm excited to see what the ultimate version of that fight is gonna look like.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I did actually get a Thordan EX via mentor roulette the other day. I was MTing.

We almost cleared and the people did very well for many of their first times (only 2 or 3 myself included weren't new). But eventually some had to leave and the group left.

Still all in all, an interesting experience doing a sync EX Trial. Would have been nice to get them a clear but hey ho.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I just bought this game on the Pro and I'm having fun -- but

Ever since the system update, my game says it cannot connect to the PS Network and I'm stuck on a white screen when trying to load the game. I can connect fine in other applications. My internet is connected to the PS4 (did a diagnostic test too). I tried restarting the PS4, but to no avail. Anyone else have this issue?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I just bought this game on the Pro and I'm having fun -- but

Ever since the system update, my game says it cannot connect to the PS Network and I'm stuck on a white screen when trying to load the game. I can connect fine in other applications. My internet is connected to the PS4 (did a diagnostic test too). I tried restarting the PS4, but to no avail. Anyone else have this issue?
The servers are in maintainence for 5 more hours.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Hydatos nerf. I was really expecting one because it's so dreadfully slow and boring in there. Also Seiryu doggy is buyable and some interesting datamining info about a new type of tome maybe received from old content.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
No Hydatos nerf really sucks, I wanted to farm a bunch of the shiny armor but I'm just gonna cut most of them with how slow it is, can't be bothered. I still have like 200crystals to go for my relic to start with(and some crystalline scales, which is another issue, why didn't they add them to the birdwatcher NPC) and then I wanted a dozen or so armor pieces but I'll probably just do the tank set and be done.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
At least you can now get guaranteed doggos from Seriyu before ShB launches.

I'm just gonna keep on working on my alts. Hopefully I can get 1 more after my current to 70 or maybe be finished if I'm fast enough.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly at this point with echo as long as your gear is melded with anything but Tenacity you should be fine.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly at this point with echo as long as your gear is melded with anything but Tenacity you should be fine.
I'd argue with Echo since DPS shouldn't be an issue at all, full Tenacity might actually be more valuable at this point. Crit is actually helpful for soloing and stuff though and people might not like seeing tanks in full tenacity since that's generally not "meta".

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I'd argue with Echo since DPS shouldn't be an issue at all, full Tenacity might actually be more valuable at this point. Crit is actually helpful for soloing and stuff though and people might not like seeing tanks in full tenacity since that's generally not "meta".

You'd have to probably find some balance discord discussions on what tenacity does at the current setup (With i390 Eureka Gear because 5 guarenteed overmeld slots) but that's all wonky math nerd stuff that I wouldn't really pay attention to. I know there were some discussions because of the breakthroughs tenacity could find some merit (I wanna say you get a pretty decent defensive boost that's around 5% but [Citation Needed])

In any case 15% echo means you already have what would be the equivalent of 75% of your tank stance's mitigation active while in DPS stance and while DPS shouldn't be an issue you should still be learning fights/getting used to tanking without the tank stance crutch. Some people will view it as tryhard but if you want to try progging when the first ShB raid tier drops (Assuming they don't nuke/rework tank stances) I would recommend getting used to tanking without it.

Anyway that's all tryhard stuff.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
No Hydatos nerf really sucks, I wanted to farm a bunch of the shiny armor but I'm just gonna cut most of them with how slow it is, can't be bothered. I still have like 200crystals to go for my relic to start with(and some crystalline scales, which is another issue, why didn't they add them to the birdwatcher NPC) and then I wanted a dozen or so armor pieces but I'll probably just do the tank set and be done.
I don't understand why PW needs to be such a fucking chore to spawn.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand why PW needs to be such a fucking chore to spawn.
Seems about the same as the others? I don't think there's a time/weather requirement even, so should be easier, but haven't really looked into it much. Thing is no one wants to bother killing 60 hard mobs especially onc ethey're done with their relic, which is why the other Eureka were nerfed to spawn faster and to be able to buy stuff with crystals, but alas not Hydatos, which sucks. It's not like TERRIBLE and I'll get it done, I was just hoping I could get it done faster than this, for the most part you get like 50-60crystals for the left side FATEs then the instance dies until the evening where sometimes people do PW too and repeat the left side stuff.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see people down on the upcoming expansion. I think it looks really cool from that initial reveal trailer and the CGI video.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Some people are disappointed at no new healer and gender locked races, basically.

If I remember right when they started working on 2.0 Yoshi P was always bad mouthing gender locked races as being a terrible idea maybe he got amnesia and forgot about hating them. I'm just happy to have a gunblade honestly although I was looking forward to being a bunnyman.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember right when they started working on 2.0 Yoshi P was always bad mouthing gender locked races as being a terrible idea maybe he got amnesia and forgot about hating them. I'm just happy to have a gunblade honestly although I was looking forward to being a bunnyman.
It's essentially just a resources issue. Devs only had the resources to add one full race which would probably be the last one they would add, they were going to add Hrothgar but the community would never let them hear the end of it if they didn't add Viera so they sacrificed female Hrothgar to get female Viera in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.