• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a keyboard that can connect to my PS4 and PC simultaneously? That way at some flip of a button I can use the same keyboard to type on PS4 for this game and on PC for general PC usage.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Would that work if my keyboard is wireless with a dongle? Generally looking for a wireless setup.
You would need to connect the switch to the PC and PS4 with cables, then plug the dongle into the switch, but that would work with your existing keyboard.

If you want something completely wireless, they do make keyboards that can be switched between different devices.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like I don't know what's going on or how to optimally do things and I'm a WoW vet of years. Just logged in for the first time in months and had to slowly relearn the game. Level 25 on my first ever character. I feel like I'm leveling super super slow. I'm did my level 25 job quest and barely got any xp (including kills from random mobs). That 1 quest alone too ages.

At this rate, I feel like it'll take me a day to go from 25 to 26 :/ I really love the world, setting and gameplay but I don't have that much time to dedicate to level. Such a bummer.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like I don't know what's going on or how to optimally do things and I'm a WoW vet of years. Just logged in for the first time in months and had to slowly relearn the game. Level 25 on my first ever character. I feel like I'm leveling super super slow. I'm did my level 25 job quest and barely got any xp (including kills from random mobs). That 1 quest alone too ages.

At this rate, I feel like it'll take me a day to go from 25 to 26 :/ I really love the world, setting and gameplay but I don't have that much time to dedicate to level. Such a bummer.

MSQ gives you most (maybe all) the exp you need until at least 50 or 60. So focus on that.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so Blue Mage seems to get talked about as a "Solo class", and yet I just found out today that Blue Mages can't use the Duty Roulette and can only enter dungeons in a preformed party. That seems rather anti-Solo to me. Oh, and some of the skills can only be learned from monsters/bosses in Dungeons.

Guess I won't be bothering with Blue Mage until they get rid of that restriction.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, so Blue Mage seems to get talked about as a "Solo class", and yet I just found out today that Blue Mages can't use the Duty Roulette and can only enter dungeons in a preformed party. That seems rather anti-Solo to me.

Guess I won't be bothering with Blue Mage until they get rid of that restriction.
The solo aspect was overblown, but not too sure how not having duty roulettes means it's anti solo, when duty finder is specifically made so people get into groups? And they won't get rid of that for a long time/forever. They don't want Blue Mages to do group content with other people without potentially having the right skills to fill their role.

Mind you Blue Mage has a bunch of forced grouping to acquire many of their skills, so they're definitely not a solo class to begin with.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so Blue Mage seems to get talked about as a "Solo class", and yet I just found out today that Blue Mages can't use the Duty Roulette and can only enter dungeons in a preformed party. That seems rather anti-Solo to me. Oh, and some of the skills can only be learned from monsters/bosses in Dungeons.

It's called a solo class because you can't do matched group content, which is what the duty finder is for.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
We should be starting to get media updates from the media tour soon (supposedly the European leg of it is May 15th through the 18th), while there won't be any detailed info from media goers as they are likely embargoed till all regions have had it done, we might see some media of the event itself like we had with stormblood. Not to mention this is a time when Leaks start showing up of tool tips.

benj

Oct 27, 2017

Leveling should be super fast. I started playing this game last...Thursday? And by that Sunday had two 22 jobs and a late-30s. There are a lot of tools to level up quickly.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017

It might be worth starting over on another characeter. A reset might help you ground your feet and you're maybe 5 hours into a characters by that point. In any case for your current character.

EXP comes from a few source: (Organized best to worst).
•Leveling Roulette
•Main Story Quests (Quests with the After Meteor Symbol)
•Class Hunt Log
•Highest Level Dungeon you have access to.
•Quests (Normal Q Sign)/Levequests (Quests you can start whenever)/F.A.T.E.s (Open world events marked on your map)
•Guild Leves (First time completion), Guild Leve Roulette

Up until you hit level50 your goals should be as follow.

•Do Leveling Roulette
•Maintain Class Hunt Log
•Do as many Main Story Quests as you can until your level locked.
•Spam Leveling Dungeon (Or Palace of the Dead) until you can keep on doing Main Story Quest
•Repeat steps 3 and 4 until daily reset.

Edit:

FFXIV's leveling is very different from World of Warcraft. The quests won't leave you overleveled and you won't find yourself skipping entire zones because of the recommended leveling range. And beyond that depending on your class you might find yourself with a half baked rotation until the late 40s.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington

Just focus on your MSQ (Main Story Quest) for now, along with your class/job quests. This will provide you with all of the XP you need to get to 50, and beyond. I also came to XIV as a WoW veteran and I didn't feel comfortable with the systems, the map, or the class system until around level 30. So I'd say just persevere, stick with it, and things will start to click into place for you.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I logged back in due to the free 7 day campaign, and I'm liking it. My old character (that I'm using now) has lv 24 Gladiator, lv 15 Conjurer and just got Lv 10 Rogue and low levels in some assorted other classes.

However, I don't think I can dedicate the time and I don't think I should commit to subscribing right now, so I'm planning on making a new account to do the "play free til level 35".
Good idea?

Also, screw this launcher. I reinstalled 30+ GBs because that was one way to fix my DX11 problem from a few posts ago, then today it came back so I've been playing on DX9.

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit all lvl 70 crafters :)

On one side I'm excited, on another .... yellow script time :/

I spent so long on last levels grinding out red scripts. Almost have all the books.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Just hit all lvl 70 crafters :)

On one side I'm excited, on another .... yellow script time :/

I spent so long on last levels grinding out red scripts. Almost have all the books.
Heckin grats. The good news is there's ilv350 cross class gear you can buy so you don't have to freak about buying everything and upgrading it.

If you want to try your hand at making the i340 stuff to meld before the expansion hits I used this reddit guide back in 4.3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/8lohzy/ffxiv_crafter_gatherer_endgame_progression_guide/

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The solo aspect was overblown, but not too sure how not having duty roulettes means it's anti solo, when duty finder is specifically made so people get into groups? And they won't get rid of that for a long time/forever. They don't want Blue Mages to do group content with other people without potentially having the right skills to fill their role.

Mind you Blue Mage has a bunch of forced grouping to acquire many of their skills, so they're definitely not a solo class to begin with.
It's called a solo class because you can't do matched group content, which is what the duty finder is for.
Ok, but then how am I meant to level the class without a huge grind? And how am I meant to get the Dungeon exclusive skills? The only way would be to start spamming "LFG" in places to manually join a group instead, which is just going to increase the long wait for DPS in dungeons, not get rid of it.

Excluding the Blue Mage class from using the Duty Finder just seems like a really really stupid step that has zero benefit to anybody.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Ok, but then how am I meant to level the class without a huge grind? And how am I meant to get the Dungeon exclusive skills? The only way would be to start spamming "LFG" in places to manually join a group instead, which is just going to increase the long wait for DPS in dungeons, not get rid of it.

Excluding the Blue Mage class from using the Duty Finder just seems like a really really stupid step that has zero benefit to anybody.

Think of Blue Mage as a fun side thing like Triple Triad or Chocobo Racing. Otherwise you're gonna get extremely irate when you find out about the primal skill drop rates (Hint: They're atrocious).

Anyway right now you can still abuse job switching. Just be on any job thats i380+, use an instant cast skill that one shots the target, and between the target dying and the game giving out possible loot switch to BLU. You will get the exp. This is a known exploit that they will patch when ShB hits but to my knowledge no one has been slapped with even a warning for this. I did it profusely. https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/d0d1be0bf77cf23eb9a8d1fcd8df5907a4587479

• If a player kills a monster in one hit and immediately switches jobs while in the open world, the job that they switched to gains the EXP.

Although this issue was previously recognized, this method of earning EXP by defeating open-world monsters was not widely used and did not have a significant effect. Because addressing it would have required changes to the core structure of the EXP-gaining system, we left the issue at the resolution period determining stage.

Because the blue mage is designed to receive more EXP than other jobs, this issue became much more noticeable recently and has concerned many players. This issue should have been addressed before the implementation of blue mage, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We are making the investigation of this issue a high priority, but as explained above, it involves changing the core structure of the EXP gaining method, making it difficult to address with a mere Hotfix. Currently, we are aiming to address this issue in Patch 5.0.

We would normally classify such a method for leveling as an exploit, but since we were not able to address this promptly despite it being a known issue, we will not issue any penalties for players who level this way. However, since this was not the Blue Mage's intended design, we do not recommend engaging in this behavior, and encourage players to level in the intended fashion.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Beyond that up until level32 1K needles will one shot reliably. Level33+ monsters have more than 1k HP so you'll have to find a better combo of skills.

For dungeon skills ask for a carry in party finder or via a friend. Either that or run it at level50 when you can carry yourself via i130 stats.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

The class gets an xp buff from killing trash in the open world cause of the no dungeon matchmaking penalty. You're not supposed to level via dungeons as BLU. If you have someone to help you lv you can go from lv 1 to lv 50 in 40 mins out in the open world. Even solo it takes only a few hours using the method posted above.

If you need to run a dungeon for an action, no one spams lfg outside of eureka. You use Party Finder to find someone who also needs it and take turns speed running the dungeon unsynced till you both get it.

It's excluded from DF cause you actively have to seek out actions. No one leveling a regular class wants to wait 15 mins for a dungeon only to get stuck with a BLU that has no damage actions.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

Ask friends for help or use the party finder

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really back in my groove now. In the middle of 4.2 content. The post Stormblood story is good. And I'm really excited for ShB. Seems like a nice reset and will let them do cool things.

Going to be so tempted to level a gun blade bro, but might just stick with SAM. Especially if they add some tasty new 70-80 skills for it. DPS is just so much more easy going.

Oct 27, 2017
Heckin grats. The good news is there's ilv350 cross class gear you can buy so you don't have to freak about buying everything and upgrading it.

If you want to try your hand at making the i340 stuff to meld before the expansion hits I used this reddit guide back in 4.3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/8lohzy/ffxiv_crafter_gatherer_endgame_progression_guide/

Thanks! Yeah think I might just stick with grinding for scrip gear since expansion will make old gear pretty irrelevant quickly. However I might try the i340 accessories so i'll give that a look.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
It might be worth starting over on another characeter. A reset might help you ground your feet and you're maybe 5 hours into a characters by that point. In any case for your current character.

EXP comes from a few source: (Organized best to worst).
•Leveling Roulette
•Main Story Quests (Quests with the After Meteor Symbol)
•Class Hunt Log
•Highest Level Dungeon you have access to.
•Quests (Normal Q Sign)/Levequests (Quests you can start whenever)/F.A.T.E.s (Open world events marked on your map)
•Guild Leves (First time completion), Guild Leve Roulette

Up until you hit level50 your goals should be as follow.

•Do Leveling Roulette
•Maintain Class Hunt Log
•Do as many Main Story Quests as you can until your level locked.
•Spam Leveling Dungeon (Or Palace of the Dead) until you can keep on doing Main Story Quest
•Repeat steps 3 and 4 until daily reset.

Edit:

FFXIV's leveling is very different from World of Warcraft. The quests won't leave you overleveled and you won't find yourself skipping entire zones because of the recommended leveling range. And beyond that depending on your class you might find yourself with a half baked rotation until the late 40s.
I think you mostly hit on this, but I'd also say to check out the challenge log and make sure you're knocking out the various tasks on there. They're usually things you'll do anyway while leveling your character, so it's not really a hassle, but you get a good chunk of XP every week just from doing that requisite amount of roulettes, dungeons, guildhests, etc.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
The guildhest xp is pretty bad so generally I'd skip it, even including the challenges, unless you want the achievements. FATEs challenges are kinda similar, but not as bad, you can get them done over the week just slipping one here and there, especially once in SB where they have bonus xp FATEs, but since you have to solo them they generally take a bit too long to be efficient unless you're waiting on queues to begin with.

The dungeon challenge log stuff however is obviously very easy to complete and worth doing. Mostly the one that you have to remember doing is the commendation one(just give 5 commends to random people), since actually clearing dungeons should be part of the daily routine, for roulettes anyway.

Also noteworthy, in Heavensward and Stormblood, doing Centurio daily/weekly bounties and Beast Tribe daily quests are both pretty good xp for the time with side rewards(mostly cosmetics). Beast tribes have mounts and minions mostly, but also access to some crafting materials more easily, while centurio offers minions/mounts/bardings and mount ground speed maps, as well as nice quickstart into 70 gearing once you get there. The bounties and beast tribes in ARR however aren't nearly as good(the beast tribes are ok but start really late and the bounties are bad other than the weekly one for allied seals).

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
:D yay. Just saw that there was/is a media tour on reddit, came here and saw this haha.

So Live Letter followed by info from the tour on the 23rd and 29th respectively.

Then E3 trailer probably and then early access.

:D
There's the benchmark too, probably near the end of the month. Benchmark has a bunch of cool stuff like new AF and a preview of some of the new places.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, probably coming near/alongside the embargo or live letter I'd assume.

Yoshida said it was delayed and 'hoped' to have it out by the end of the month. Guessing a mix of the lengthened golden week due to the abdication plus adding Viera/Hrothgar to character creation made it take longer to make then normal. I expect it to launch on friday the 31st given that info, but it would make sense to launch it at end of media tour embargo if they can. I'm waiting for the JP version of the media tour, last two times they have done this, shortly afterwards the tool tips got screen capped on places like 2ch or the relative equivalent. But you won't be hearing 'leaks' from any of the media people unless its anonymous, they are not going to risk not being asked to attend again for other events. And I am not surprised at the embargo date, Yoshida said he wanted to have an all encompassing talk on changes made to the battle system, he doesn't want to have certain changes be announced out of context of other changes to compensate any nerfs to existing abilities/spells.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Just read some leaks. Dunno if they're real but... they're very interesting to say the least xD
Seems like fake stuff tbh. If there were people leaking, I feel like they'd have screenshots or something to show off too as proof, not just impressions of what they played. And the impressions are super limited and have very few details. I think if I played the new expansion for an hour, I'd probably have like pages of things to say about class changes. And then the SMN changes sound like stuff that's already in the game? You can already put pet skills on your bar so not sure what that meant, and pets use skills instantly I think?(I know fairies do, I haven't checked SMN pets though maybe they didn't change them back then?).

But like you play DNC and the only thing you have to say about it is that they get Haste Samba(which was pretty much guaranteed anyway) and Refreshing Waltz? Like cmon.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
All I ask is that dancer doesn't end up with an overly basic and boring rotation like red mage, it's the class I've been waiting for since 1.0 was first announced

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Wait where are these leaks? Is it story spoilers in them?

Edit: Nvm found them on reddit.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any guild with Era members on the EU side? :)

I'm currently on Shiva but I wouldn't mind switching servers.

Oct 25, 2017
And then the SMN changes sound like stuff that's already in the game? You can already put pet skills on your bar so not sure what that meant, and pets use skills instantly I think?(I know fairies do, I haven't checked SMN pets though maybe they didn't change them back then?).

For who knows what reason, SMN pets didn't get the update SCH fairies did, so they're still less responsive/Garuda will still Contagion if and only if she feels like it.

Not that I'm giving the latest round of leaks much credit (I can't decide if hilarious bad look of not having WHM ready to show anything of in time makes it more or less likely to be real), but Summoner openers do still have things in them to try and force the pet's GCD to be up when you want it and them making Garuda react like Eos would be a huge QOL improvement.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
The only leak I trust at the moment is the one that came out pre Tokyo fanfest. MCH with edgar like tools, SMN with Phoenix (it correctly announced the no bunny boy, and DNC being range DPS as well as the 1st world as the location before it was annouced.) The other two leaks I am waiting for something more concrete, I am assuiming they are fake till then.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super excited to see Matoya take over Y'shtola's soulless body. I don't know why that's so badass to me.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just did The Burn dungeon. Story is really good at the moment and the game is at its best doing co-op content with a friendly group. Really glad to be back into this.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The issue I have with leaks like this where people get to actually "sit down and fiddle with the game" saying stuff is they never actually go into any proper details on stuff that maters. Like one said rdm now has a 300 sec cooldown on raise. Ok so what did red mage gain? Where is the info about how the no tp system works and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.