• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
So HoH is the fastest way to lv up 61-70 ?
Any idea if the +30% xp boost earring from shadowbringers will work ?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
After 2+ hours and almost a million Gil, my apartment is complete. Almost. All that's missing is a certain orchestrion roll. Does anyone know what the name of this song is? I need it for my apartment.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To this day, I still don't understand Ultros/Primal data center's obsession with tanking Bone Dragon at the far north of the arena.

It was just a way of making the fight slightly more dummy-proof, since it created more distance for the Mr. Skeles to shuffle across.
There's really zero reason to do it now other than force of habit or memes.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Dungeons and roulette are faster ignoring queue times.

The earrings don't work for Deep Dungeon content.
Apparently HoH is faster than dungeons until the 63 one, something about the first dungeon giving crap xp or HoH giving better xp or something. Saw some reddit post about the values. And then obviously as you mentionned it's pending queue times, with HoH often being faster unless tank/healer(and probably just healer in ShB with all the GNB tanks queuing, although we'll see).

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still debating on if I want to turn my old man Elezan into a Lionman. I don't have a fantasia, so I need to drop some coins on it regardless.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing since 2017 and the only ones I have seen come back are the Yokai Watch and Final Fantasy XI crossovers. It doesn't seem like they repeat very often. The Regalia and Noctis outfits should be on the Mogstation in a year. Maybe.
FFXIII Lightning Returns event had a reprise. So did the XI Shantotto and DQ Online crossover events.

I wanna say the FFXV will get one more repeat before it goes to the mog station. Kinda susprised the Yokai event hasn't gone to the mog station yet.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Am I the only one who believes they are finally completely separating SMN and SCH(shared levels)?
No but I don't share the same sentiment. I think that a lot of the abilities that ACN share with SCH are going away. SCH still has a base class in 5.0 IMAGE LINK and I don't think they're doing to decouple SCH exp from SMN exp when they still share the base class.

Though I do think they could also do it easily. Especially if they just made SCH its own job and tied the level30 quest to require completion of the ACN questline.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just had the worst Shinryu run I've had since launch. Most of the group was new and constant dying. That wouldn't have been so bad, but what annoyed me was that the tanks couldn't hold hate and wouldn't even try to. I tanked most of the fight as a NIN. I tanked it from about 85% to the end. And I didn't even get any commendations for it! To show how bad it was, my DPS was 5839. The next guy was 1818.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
Talking about dps, the game still doesn't offer an official dps parser ? Otherwise what's the best parser tool actually ?
First time playing WAR in Stormblood, omg they changed a lot of stuff since HW... I like the full crit buffs and that will be even better with ShB when I can use fell cleave or the new skill chaos something in tank stance :D

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing since 2017 and the only ones I have seen come back are the Yokai Watch and Final Fantasy XI crossovers. It doesn't seem like they repeat very often. The Regalia and Noctis outfits should be on the Mogstation in a year. Maybe.
Thanks, It's good to know that there is still a chance that the event might come back.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
Talking about dps, the game still doesn't offer an official dps parser ? Otherwise what's the best parser tool actually ?
First time playing WAR in Stormblood, omg they changed a lot of stuff since HW... I like the full crit buffs and that will be even better with ShB when I can use fell cleave or the new skill chaos something in tank stance :D

Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) is the parser people use. SE will probably never introduce or include an official parser. Be forewarned, if you ever mention someone's dps and they report you SE will give you a temporary ban.

SE really does need a way for people to, officially, see and/or gauge their actual DPS. No, the glorified training dummies with timers do not count, because knowing how much damage you can do against a target that does not move or attack you is pointless.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone else play on PS4 Pro?

I'm conflicted. I've been running the game on the 4K setting since the Pro patch has come out... And I swapped just tonight to the 1080p option just to test and man the framerate is sooooooooooooooooooooo much better in most areas. But the 4K option still looks so nice.

I'm conflicted.

4K was never unplayable but the difference in smoothness is easily seen.

I tend to do 1440 over 1080 on my pro, is the 4k patch recent? I only had 1080 and 1440 available when i switched to my Pro.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Has everyone got their glamours ready? We've got to go to the First in style!

I have a lot of WHM/healer outfits set up, but can't wait for the expanded glamour dresser and more plates with 5.0. Will be nice to finally have plates to save my caster outfits as majority of my plates right are used for healer glam. I also recently started leveling Scholar which obviously shares a lot of gear with WHM, but there are certain glamours I want to save for scholar use.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I need to come up with a new glamour for 5.0 DRG/SAM.

Though I recently did discover the Astral Silk Robe so I might work that in. >,>;;

Oct 27, 2017

I'm conflicted. I've been running the game on the 4K setting since the Pro patch has come out... And I swapped just tonight to the 1080p option just to test and man the framerate is sooooooooooooooooooooo much better in most areas. But the 4K option still looks so nice.

I'm conflicted.

I tried 4K for a bit, looked great but I missed the smootheness of 1080 so I switched back.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I just had the worst Shinryu run I've had since launch. Most of the group was new and constant dying. That wouldn't have been so bad, but what annoyed me was that the tanks couldn't hold hate and wouldn't even try to. I tanked most of the fight as a NIN. I tanked it from about 85% to the end. And I didn't even get any commendations for it! To show how bad it was, my DPS was 5839. The next guy was 1818.
I wish more people had access to or use ACT. For every tryhard who would use it bash people, there's many others who would benefit from seeing how much they could be doing better.

I was in a Suzaku Ex learning party. All of us were new including me. But even still I could pump out decent DPS just keeping up with my rotation while the others struggled a bit. ACT made it clear to me that I was on a different level from the rest of the party and I couldn't carry them on my own. Besides the fact that I was annoyed by them not giving me a countdown after each wipe as a SMN and I barely had enough time to resummon my pet before the boss was pulled again x( forget actually doing my proper opener.

4s6B7KE_d.jpg

Ever since I started using it I've improved immensely. I want others to see their own improvement too, it's so satisfying to continually beat your personal bests for fights.

Just have to ignore the reaction to type out "really?!" when you see no DPS healers and sub 2k BLMs. >_>

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I wish more people had access to or use ACT. For every tryhard who would use it bash people, there's many others who would benefit from seeing how much they could be doing better.

I was in a Suzaku Ex learning party. All of us were new including me. But even still I could pump out decent DPS just keeping up with my rotation while the others struggled a bit. ACT made it clear to me that I was on a different level from the rest of the party and I couldn't carry them on my own. Besides the fact that I was annoyed by them not giving me a countdown after each wipe as a SMN and I barely had enough time to resummon my pet before the boss was pulled again x( forget actually doing my proper opener.

4s6B7KE_d.jpg

Ever since I started using it I've improved immensely. I want others to see their own improvement too, it's so satisfying to continually beat your personal bests for fights.

Just have to ignore the reaction to type out "really?!" when you see no DPS healers and sub 2k BLMs. >_>

the biggest thing that stopped me from using it at first was how god awful setting it up is. I use ACT and various triggers through cactbot but christ was it a hassle to set up. XIV give us a modding api already ffs.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

4s6B7KE_d.jpg

Did your back hurt? Also, that dps from everybody but you is appalling. They all lack the basics of their jobs.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

The main thing I use ACT for, other than being curious to see what kind of DPS I do, is to commend people. I've been playing DPS long enough now that I know how rare DPS commendations are. I always try to commend a DPS, unless it's in a dungeon or some other four man content where a tank or healer really did an amazing job. I always use it when I do trials to see what DPS had the best DPS an died the least. They're always the ones I commend.

Unless it's a group like that Shinryu group I was in last night. I didn't commend anyone there. I probably should have at least commended a healer for keeping me alive through Ahk Morn. That whole fight, I wanted to tell the tanks to do something to get aggro, but if I stopped to type, I would have died.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The main thing I use ACT for, other than being curious to see what kind of DPS I do, is to commend people. I've been playing DPS long enough now that I know how rare DPS commendations are. I always try to commend a DPS, unless it's in a dungeon or some other four man content where a tank or healer really did an amazing job. I always use it when I do trials to see what DPS had the best DPS an died the least. They're always the ones I commend.

Unless it's a group like that Shinryu group I was in last night. I didn't commend anyone there. I probably should have at least commended a healer for keeping me alive through Ahk Morn. That whole fight, I wanted to tell the tanks to do something to get aggro, but if I stopped to type, I would have died.

This was regular Shinryu right? No way you could've survived on EX.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
After taking more than a year off I return. Gotten up to 4.2 content using my Scholar who I had gotten to ilvl 320 before I stopped played. Took some time from that to level my WHM. MY SCH and AST are 70 but my WHM was still 54. So spent the weekend and got'em up to level 60. Still a long way to go but I've rekindled my love for WHM again.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY

I'm conflicted.

I play on both PC and PS4 Pro. I prefer the 1080P setting for the nicer framerate when playing on my Pro. It just looks better to me.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
the biggest thing that stopped me from using it at first was how god awful setting it up is. I use ACT and various triggers through cactbot but christ was it a hassle to set up. XIV give us a modding api already ffs.
I think the basic setup is actually pretty easy, I had to reinstall ACT not long ago cause it was buggy for whatever reason(basically it would never parse correctly for the first instance I launched it in, which was annoying since I'd often open it during the loading of my first and generally only daily dungeon run), wiped every config file and stuff. Basically you install ACT, you click no when it asks if you play EQ2, then select the FFXIV plugin from the list, select the directory your FFXIV logs are and from there it's done and works fine. Getting an actual DPS meter to display is a whole other thing, but you can get DPS from alt tabbing just fine that way(and that's still what I do, so I don't get distracted mid fight). There's some options you want to tweak a bit like how long it'll take before it cuts into another encounter and to hide all the crap it puts by default on the UI like target bars, but it's fairly minor stuff.

And yeah I mostly use it to figure out if I should commend a DPS or not. If any of the DPS does good damage I'll commend them, otherwise I'll commend the healer or tank if they did a good job. And if everyone played poorly, then I don't commend anyone, it's free but I don't like the idea of rewarding someone for playing poorly. I'm not expecting pro tier play either but if I see the healer doesn't DPS or lets the tank die while he had CDs up in a dungeon, not getting a commend, as for tanks I'm mostly looking at their cooldown usage and wether or not they're doing the bare minimum aggro wise. So the barrier is pretty low for me to commend one of them, and yet so many dungeons I end up commending no one.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Well they said they were charging for ShB Preorders today and it's 10:13pm in the UK and I've not seen any charge or email about it. Still can't get in to my account and I'm not getting the password reset emails when I put my email, the same email that I got the notifications regarding my preorder.

After correcting the dates on the preorder charge email they sent another one saying money would be taken today and if it failed it'd be cancelled. So I'm thinking I've lost my Physical CE preorder.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's not only Tanks responsibility for them to maintain hate. I don't know if it is possible for a NIN to steal hate if they are actually using Shadewalker and Diversion.
Yeah. Normal. The tanks wouldn't do any kind of enmity abilities and I tanked most of the fight as NIN.
yeah I'm gonna say that was your fault if you expected Tanks to do enmity combos.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, it's not only Tanks responsibility for them to maintain hate. I don't know if it is possible for a NIN to steal hate if they are actually using Shadewalker and Diversion.

I always use both at the start of battle and the instant they're back up. It's not on me. I always try to keep my aggro down. I was quite a bit over leveled for the fight. I had 20k HP more than either tank. Still, I did every thing I could to reduce enmity, short of just disengaging and standing around.

yeah I'm gonna say that was your fault if you expected Tanks to do enmity combos.

It doesn't even have to be an enmity combo. One was a PLD. A Flash or something to get hate every now and then would have been nice. I used Diversion and Shadewalker every time they were up and both tanks were still 4 or lower on the aggro list.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
If the tank's i290 and the DPS is i400, you better believe I'd expect them to do threat combos. Now if the DPS isn't bothering with threat skills, I could see just going DPS stance and DPSing cause not worth bothering, but in this case he was using Shadewalker AND Diversion, so it should have been possible even with the ilvl difference to hold aggro spamming halone in tank stance.

Like I get it, when I tank and there's a SAM riding my threat because they're not using Diversion, I'm tempted to, and sometimes do ignore it until they take aggro, eat a tank buster, and get a free threat reset, but if the DPS are doing their job properly and I'm just undergeared(which happens everytime I pick up the game again after a break), I'll adjust to hold aggro, because it's gonna go faster with me doing threat combos in tank stance with my undergeared tank rather than have the DPS stop DPSing/die when they're actually playing properly. Luckily 80% of the DPS players seem to do half of their theorical DPS so it's rarely an issue but still.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was really surprised they didn't just show the old trailer again. I'm super pumped for the next expansion now! 2 more weeks!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
So....(Shadowbringers spoilers)
the Warrior of Light can't be tempered because they've already been tempered by Hydaelyn. I'm surprised that fan theory is true.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
So....(Shadowbringers spoilers)
the Warrior of Light can't be tempered because they've already been tempered by Hydaelyn. I'm surprised that fan theory is true.

Yeeeeep
The idea that Hydaelyn and Zodiark are just primals and the echo just means we're tempered with benefits is so simple and hidden in plain sight, lol

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This has probably been asked a hundred times but can I play this casually, see all the story, and not find the Co op raid stuff too stressful? Will I hti a wall without communicating if I play on PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.