• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
So I dinged 60, got my Shire gear for WAR, and got credits for HW. Do the dungeons that follow, including the optional ones have any better gear or is this a solid set to get me into Stormblood? Mostly wondering cause I also got Ninja at 60 but the shire gear for them looks awful compared to their 60 Job armor (gonna glamor it)

Also also, how easy is it to get illuminati gobtwine to upgrade my job armor? I wanna dye it but seems more involved than just using tomes to upgrade stuff.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, at first when they announced that ShB was going to an alternate dimension instead of filling in more of the current map, I was extremely disappointed, but damn if that launch trailer didn't get me hyped for the story though.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
So I dinged 60, got my Shire gear for WAR, and got credits for HW. Do the dungeons that follow, including the optional ones have any better gear or is this a solid set to get me into Stormblood? Mostly wondering cause I also got Ninja at 60 but the shire gear for them looks awful compared to their 60 Job armor (gonna glamor it)

Also also, how easy is it to get illuminati gobtwine to upgrade my job armor? I wanna dye it but seems more involved than just using tomes to upgrade stuff.
Shire is pretty much the best gear you can get from HW content outside of the Savage raid stuff. It'll last you a few levels into the 60s and a few more after that if you upgrade it all.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Augmented Shire gear lasts until around lvl 65. Without spoiling the name, the dungeon you do around that level is when you get higher ilvl gear than augmented Shire.

Gobtwine, Gobdip, and Gobcoat can all be bought from Hismena in Idyllshire for 100 poetics each.

Edit: Oh I was thinking of the Shire upgrade items. Easiest I would say trading Centurio seals you get from hunts. You can find the bounty board by the Forgotten Knight in Ishgard.

Last edited:

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer is hype as fuck, wow. I hope that lore bit at the end is confirmed, because it'd cast everything into a new light, all the way back to something Ifrit says to you in ARR.

He claimed that you couldn't be his because you belonged to another. Another god?!

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
As expected, XIVtwitter is in full existential dread mode. lol. All those conspiracy theorists that made this hypothesis are having a fit and it's glorious.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Baby Minfilia is gonna come back to the Source with us. Maybe she'll be interesting this time.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I might've missed a note somewhere but what does the term tempering mean? I don't think ive seen that word used before. Or if it has then it was long time ago.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
I might've missed a note somewhere but what does the term tempering mean? I don't think ive seen that word used before. Or if it has then it was long time ago.
Its what primals do to control their subjects. Lakshimi does it to make her subjects adore her and do the lakshimmy. Ramuh was a special primal because he didn't temper anyone

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Its what primals do to control their subjects. Lakshimi does it to make her subjects adore her and do the lakshimmy. Ramuh was a special primal because he didn't temper anyone

Oh the other thing is once you've been tempered you can't go back so thus far we ("the good guys") have killed any tempered folks we've found.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

The purple sylpha were tempered weren't they?

Also, does that mean all of those asshole Moogles in that gave us quests were tempered?

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Is there a helpful guide of cutscenes to revisit so the plot threads in HW and ARR are fresh when I go into Shadowbringers? I'm planning on redoing the Primal introductions due to the Launch trailer, I'm thinking of at least the Crystal Tower cutscenes and the WoD Patch back in HW, anything else to refresh as it's been years.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
despite playing this game for years, SHB is the first I preordered

I'm still salty over not getting the exp boost earrings from stormblood

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Ramuh tempered sylphs he just didn't give them any orders to fulfill. He simply didn't want people in his house and the purple sylphs were good enough guard dogs for anyone who wasn't the WoL.

The only other benevolent primal is Alexander, I don't recall Alex actually tempering anyone. But it's unclear if the Primals can control who they temper (though Ifrit certainly tried to get the WoL) or if it's simply a byproduct of interacting with people with low amounts of free will. People with the Echo are immune of course, but so are Ascians (and potentially Garleans? Can't recall a time one of them got tempered)

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm if Haedalyn and Zodiark are both primals, and they were originally one being, I wonder if that original being was also a primal. If we believe Solus then he says that the will of the star was made manifest, which I can assume to mean that our star brought the joined Haedalyn/Zodiark being into existence somehow. The game looks to me like it's going to go pretty metaphysical with its story.

Well, looking at the wall paintings of the 2 figures:

It looks like there's a 3rd, in the middle (and behind) the white and black figure. Looks like it's Red in color. https://i.imgur.com/fZLp2FN.jpg

Rayen

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know of any linkshells (on Ultros) or discords that deal with announcing special FATES? I've been working on Ixion the last couple of weeks and finally finished with him, but just learned about the coeurlregina and proto ultima stuff and would like to get those rewards too. The only reason I know about any of these is from occasional announcements from my FC and hunt linkshell, but I'd like to stop missing so many!

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like the cheap $20 Shadowbringer US PS4 key I bought for my friend is going to go to waste as he's way back into destiny. If someone here is interested, shoot me a pm

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of any linkshells (on Ultros) or discords that deal with announcing special FATES? I've been working on Ixion the last couple of weeks and finally finished with him, but just learned about the coeurlregina and proto ultima stuff and would like to get those rewards too. The only reason I know about any of these is from occasional announcements from my FC and hunt linkshell, but I'd like to stop missing so many!
If Proto Ultima is what I think it is, it's a sub boss on the Dun Scaith raid, so just re-run that raid for the gear (trade in for accessories).

Hunt LS's usually will call out the special fates (Odin, Ixion, etc), there's just a longer timer between appearances for them.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017

specifically tempering is what it's called when ifrit does it. each primal has their own term for it and the generic term for people who are under a primal's suggestion is enthralled. each primal has their own word tho -- levi's are called the drowned, lakshmi's are the dreamers, etc.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, looking at the wall paintings of the 2 figures:

It looks like there's a 3rd, in the middle (and behind) the white and black figure. Looks like it's Red in color. https://i.imgur.com/fZLp2FN.jpg
Seems like that might either be the star in the background or a representation of the separation of Haedalyn and Zodiark. You can see tiny people in the photo, probably dark for Zodiark and light for Haedalyn, so maybe it was the people on the planet that caused the split? If the original being was created from prayers and sacrifice and born from the sun, I suppose it could make sense for the divide to be caused by a difference in belief from the people who prayed for its creation.

Oct 26, 2017
Ramuh tempered sylphs he just didn't give them any orders to fulfill. He simply didn't want people in his house and the purple sylphs were good enough guard dogs for anyone who wasn't the WoL.

The only other benevolent primal is Alexander, I don't recall Alex actually tempering anyone. But it's unclear if the Primals can control who they temper (though Ifrit certainly tried to get the WoL) or if it's simply a byproduct of interacting with people with low amounts of free will. People with the Echo are immune of course, but so are Ascians (and potentially Garleans? Can't recall a time one of them got tempered)

It can also be granted by other Primals like Leviathan in 2.x.

I'm really interested in seeing where they go with this.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to fighting this guy eventually

ylso1xub3d911.jpg

ALSO did anyone catch the EDEN SUMMON ANIMATION? The triangle glyph on the planet? exactly the same as in FF8. This is going to be tight.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I think the Shadowbringers launch trailer is not just the best FFXIV trailer released. But also the best trailer I've seen this E3.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer was hype as fuck, but still nothing on the Eden raid beyond her summon animation was a little disappointing.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I think my SE store issue has been solved? I was charged this morning to my bank (after allowing the thing this morning) and the money is now gone and I got a confirmation email...

I mean, I can't assume anything but all signs point to me having paid for a CE and been told I'll get it.

On another note, daaaaamn that launch trailer. Can't wait for ShB.

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
Im pretty unexcited about Samurai after hitting 60. Kind of wanna drop it for a healer since I have a RM and PLD at 70. Does Samurai get like really cool at 70, or are any mains excited for the new stuff in the patch? Also kind of want something with more utility and less one note

Boogins

Oct 28, 2017
So very stupid question but I have to ask because it never came up before. The subscription time that I get with the expansion, if my current sub overlaps the release of ShB that time is added on correct?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Im pretty unexcited about Samurai after hitting 60. Kind of wanna drop it for a healer since I have a RM and PLD at 70. Does Samurai get like really cool at 70, or are any mains excited for the new stuff in the patch? Also kind of want something with more utility and less one note
Sounds like it's just not for you. Samurai is all about personal DPS, not utility. I'm excited for the new stuff but it's just making the StB SAM even more SAM.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Was the rumor about overmelding being removed ever confirmed or denied? I don't want to spend the next two weeks grinding crafting and gathering materia if I can't overmeld.

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
Was the rumor about overmelding being removed ever confirmed or denied? I don't want to spend the next two weeks grinding crafting and gathering materia if I can't overmeld.
I'm also wondering if I should keep melding stuff or just wait and see what the changes are. Maybe turn in my old/useless materia?

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember hearing anything about overmelding, just about the removal of certain materias. We might get info about that in this Friday's LL.

Status
Not open for further replies.