• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I've taken two tanks through Bardam and haven't had any issues with it...

I arguably have more issues with Doma.

But, I also don't do multiple pack pulls. I take it a but more slowly.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
I've taken two tanks through Bardam and haven't had any issues with it...

I arguably have more issues with Doma.

But, I also don't do multiple pack pulls. I take it a but more slowly.

6? tanks through all the dungeons. Don't judge my alts. Personally, I don't think any dungeon pull in any dungeon in the game at all is as bad as the full pull before the 2nd boss in Bardam's in terms of damage taken. Doubly so on any healer I leveled and having to deal with "look ma no cooldowns" tanks who also try to do full pulls. I've actually just not done the full pull with groups where I felt the DPS was too low to get it killed before no cooldowns left.

Doma gets a nod for bad tanks doing full pulls that are absolutely insane. There's a lot of built-in waits that it's just better off not dealing with trying to combine pulls that just shouldn't be. The actual big pulls themselves are a lot more manageable. Plus, the first pull (and honestly, the second-to-last with all the stairs) is fun so it always gets a win just for that.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to do anything special with my saved viera character to use it on Friday? I plan to use a fantasia before servers go down and change before i log in.

Characters saved from the benchmark should show up in the saved character list, right?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Do I need to do anything special with my saved viera character to use it on Friday? I plan to use a fantasia before servers go down and change before i log in.

Characters saved from the benchmark should show up in the saved character list, right?
You should be good if you can see your Viera saved in the character creator

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA

Your character should show up when the patch drops and we are able to log in. It'll be below any saved characters from the main client.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 1440p 144Hz monitor but wasn't noticing any change in towns.

Then I went into Hell's Lid and holy freaking hell it was a huge eye opener. The lava flows were so damn smooth.

No going back to 60hz ever again after that.

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a goal in mind but not quite sure how to accomplish it.

I have 3 friends that I want to get into the game. I think by the time we try one dungeon as a group, they'll be hooked.

I was hoping to squad up with them one night this weekend and help them start free to play accounts and level to 15. But I think to really party up and share experience we'd need to all be in the same area, right? So everyone would have to pick starting classes in the same region because you can't travel to other regions until a certain point in the story if I recall.

It may be a pipe dream to think I can get them from game start to Sastasha in one night lol

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

I have 3 friends that I want to get into the game. I think by the time we try one dungeon as a group, they'll be hooked.

I was hoping to squad up with them one night this weekend and help them start free to play accounts and level to 15. But I think to really party up and share experience we'd need to all be in the same area, right? So everyone would have to pick starting classes in the same region because you can't travel to other regions until a certain point in the story if I recall.

It may be a pipe dream to think I can get them from game start to Sastasha in one night lol

If you have a two seater mount you could ferry them to the same area probably. Only thing preventing them from travelling there is dying to enemies.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017

If you want to power level them easily, have them run around the overworld grabbing aggro from all the mobs and then you go in and one-shot the mobs as a max level job (provided they are still alive from being chased lol). Just don't be in their party so they can get exp.

It shoots up their levels so fast they can easily power through to Sastasha within hours.

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
If you have a two seater mount you could ferry them to the same area probably. Only thing preventing them from travelling there is dying to enemies.
Dope, time to make use of that Regalia 😎

If you want to power level them easily, have them run around the overworld grabbing aggro from all the mobs and then you go in and one-shot the mobs as a max level job (provided they are still alive from being chased lol). Just don't be in their party so they can get exp.

It shoots up their levels so fast they can easily power through to Sastasha within hours.
That's a hot tip, I'll be sure to do this.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind there are quests required to even open the first dungeon. Just powering them to level 15 won't unlock it.

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind there are quests required to even open the first dungeon. Just powering them to level 15 won't unlock it.
This. Even if they start at different cities, they have to do the main story quest up until level 16, when the first dungeon unlocks, and they'll be gathered in front of the dungeon entrance anyway. You can speed up their levelling, but not the main quest.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
d0835eb4955423ff63b09bd660d50852_0cdf051c93865faa15cbc5cd3d2b69fbfl0_640x873.jpg

I'm so close... I just need the boots.

It's not for everyone but the tank set from Dun Scaith looks great.

The fact that queues for the raid often hit 40 min and wipes on the first boss after often... Just makes the annoyance of not finding the boots more annoying.

Dunno how much it'll help, but I've found that the Bonewicca tank stuff goes good with that body (my current DRK glam) because all I ever got was the body. They use the same colours so match nicely.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Any people here active on Coerl? The FC I was in before I quit playing is completely dead now and it would be nice to have some helpful folks around for running stuff next week.

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Warrior up to 60 today. If there was more time before Shadowbringers I'd push on to 70, but I'll leave it here and when I get back to Tanking I'll do Warrior and Gunbreaker together. I wound up liking Tanking quite a bit.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
This is the glamour I'm planning to use.

5m5EXJW.jpg

I'm not really satisfied with the boots. None of the purple dyes quite match the cape. I want a little color on them, but I may end up dying them black.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I've got several glamours ready to go, but since I can't see them on my Vierra, it's going to have to wait until Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.