• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Oo04a.gif
Lol yeah, I was about to say that their explanation didn't make it better, like, at all. And the post after that that "fixed" it didn't make any sense either. Maybe follow news on current politics before making comparisons like that, yikes.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Not really taking it as an attack so much as derailing the thread. :P

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Not necessarily. It's not like the Agni's Philosophy/WITCH project already had an actual game concept attached to it so it might as well be considered "starting from the ground up" w.r.t. actually designing and creating a game. They could be borrowing designs and ideas from the stuff that has been made so far for the AP project.

No. Either Tabata's next game or nothing. Besides, it would be FFXVII, not FFXVI since that one is already in development, you can be sure about that.
what makes you think XVI couldn't be Agni? Sure, XVI is in development as we speak, only reason I can think of Agni will not turning into a FF is SE wanting WITCH to become a new IP.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
what makes you think XVI couldn't be Agni? Sure, XVI is in development as we speak, only reason I can think of Agni will not turning into a FF is SE wanting WITCH to become a new IP.
FFXVI already exists and wouldn't have anything to do with Agni. _If_ theoratically Tabata's team would be forced to rebrand their new IP as a mainline FF it would become FFXVII, not FFXVI. Ideally BD2 will actually be allowed to make a new IP as they want to. Tabata said president Matsuda quite likes the idea of having a new, possibly popular IP for the future too.

Yea yea tabata is it november 7th yet
Almost there.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Tabata, nobody belives you with the story explanation. You had the same problem with Type 0, a much smaller project and even the third birthday.

You were the one who decided to edit the story to make a movie leaving the story segmented. You decided that

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What's annoying me is the way they are now forcefully pushing the Noctis and Luna romance to the foreground. Probably because fans just didn't see or understood it in the original game, but an iconic romance is such a good selling point...
Instead of showing us why they love each other, even though they were separated since childhood and barely interacted over the years, they are now just repeatedly affirming in cutscenes that they indeed love each other so, sooo much.
The Gentiana/Shiva train cutscene, which was perfectly fine before, was altered to make everything about Noctis' and Luna's lost and imo still inexplicable love. It is so over the top melodramatic and cringey now, just compare the old with the new scene.
In the new Episode Ignis trailer, Ravus turns around his sister's corpse and starts a cheesy monologue of how much he wanted her to "live her live and love whoever she wanted." What?! D: While Ravus did agree to help Noctis in the end, he still deeply disliked and mistrusted him, especially for what his sister had to endure being so devoted to him. Then finding her dead next to Noctis he would of course suddenly want them to be happily married. No grievances at all anymore. This is very one-dimensional writing, it rewrites characters and their motivation, it feels shoehorned in and it actually makes the story worse in my opinion. :/
Now it is not just unfinished and riddled with plotholes, it's also cheesy and on fanfiction.net level.

Hai Koozek! :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 10293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll care about FFXV again when we get playable aranea for the main story. I enjoyed the main game for what it was and platinumed it but I don't have any interest in going back until it's "done"

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
What's annoying me is the way they are now forcefully pushing the Noctis and Luna romance to the foreground. Probably because fans just didn't see or understood it in the original game, but an iconic romance is such a good selling point...
Instead of showing us why they love each other, even though they were separated since childhood and barely interacted over the years, they are now just repeatedly affirming in cutscenes that they indeed love each other so, sooo much.
The Gentiana/Shiva train cutscene, which was perfectly fine before, was altered to make everything about Noctis' and Luna's lost and imo still inexplicable love. It is so over the top melodramatic and cringey now, just compare the old with the new scene.
In the new Episode Ignis trailer, Ravus turns around his sister's corpse and starts a cheesy monologue of how much he wanted her to "live her live and love whoever she wanted." What?! D: While Ravus did agree to help Noctis in the end, he still deeply disliked and mistrusted him, especially for what his sister had to endure being so devoted to him. Then finding her dead next to Noctis he would of course suddenly want them to be happily married. No grievances at all anymore. This is very one-dimensional writing, it rewrites characters and their motivation, it feels shoehorned in and it actually makes the story worse in my opinion. :/
Now it is not just unfinished and riddled with plotholes, it's also cheesy and on fanfcition.net level.

Hai Koozek! :D
Glad you're here too now :)

Yeah, I'm worried too about them tinkering with characterizations too much and making it feel even more uneven in the end inbetween the untouched parts and the soon-to-be updates parts. I always was a bit skeptical of these story updates managing to organically flesh-out the story. OTOH, what if e.g. Noctis' behavior in the train actually was supposed to be like that originally, but got cut because of time constraints? I could see them originally having wanted to make the reunion in Chapter 14 more appropriately emotional too and I wouldn't be surprised if they extended that scene in the future updates.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
FFXVI already exists and wouldn't have anything to do with Agni. _If_ theoratically Tabata's team would be forced to rebrand their new IP as a mainline FF it would become FFXVII, not FFXVI. Ideally BD2 will actually be allowed to make a new IP as they want to. Tabata said president Matsuda quite likes the idea of having a new, possibly popular IP for the future too.

Thats why I hope Tabata's new project is WITCH. No way FF17 will use assets introduced at E3 2012, especially when we think about in what generation (PS5/PS6) FF17 would be released. If Agni is neither Tabats's new project nor FF16, Agni will never come to life.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
FFXV gets way to much hate on this forum. It was fine and in no way the disaster some like to suggest.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I mean, beyond all the things shuffled around and taken out and reframed and reorganized just over the time it was 15, let alone versus, can it be called anything else?

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It was a disaster that will probably be 4 highest selling game in the series in the end

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I enjoyed mine time with FFXV, and if ti was done right, it could have been one of the best FF-Games out there, but the way we got it, it maybe 7/10? I wish they would concentrate all their resources on the new game and ff7r.

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think one season pass was enough and there was no need to drag it any longer. I guess they're making good money out of these DLCs though and here's why. As a FFXV player though I think I had enough of it long ago and the quality of the recent releases doesn't really make up for it IMHO. Sure they're cute additions and all but not that critical or essential. I definitely would be prefer a meaty package like w3 blood and wine over all we got. Or even a proper prequel or sequel.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I mean, beyond all the things shuffled around and taken out and reframed and reorganized just over the time it was 15, let alone versus, can it be called anything else BUT a disaster?