• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For everyone getting on Bahamut, I understand why he did what he did. The Starsourge was an extremely serious threat to Eos and he had to find a way to contain it/ destroy it. And in the end, his plan did work. It is a shame Noctis and Ardyn were chosen to to be the sacrifical lambs, but, as the Astrals have stated, human affairs are not their concern, only Eos. I don't think their 'comeuppance' would be all that great for the planet.

That being said, Bahamut is an ass, but such things are just not consequential to him.
This is so clearly correct. But I think the whole idea that Bahamit is an "ass" is also not fully appreciating Noctis and Regis as a character. They realize that fate/destiny/the Supreme God are worth obeying, as what Bahamut wants to accomplish is worth sacrificing for, and in the end it's for a better world.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
True, true. Ardyn did get completely screwed over and it is tragic but it had to happen for the plan to work. Ardyn's pain in a way helps save all of Eos. I would have liked a scene where....

after being destroyed by Noctis, Aera appears and leads Arydn's soul to whatever paradise exists in FFXV's world.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, it's funny, FFXV's main theme is friendship and brotherhood. So by the time Bahamut revealed Noctis' ultimate fate, I was actually afraid that they would pull a "power of friendship" bullshit by the end, and destroy Ardyn (Or redeem him) while saving Noctis' life.

I was really afraid that the game would fall into that old tired JRPG cliché. "With my friend's by my side, I change my fate and defy the gods!".

But no. They went all the way. No bullshit. No "power of friendship". They actually say goodbye to each other. Noctis, Luna and Ardyn all die.

It was a very refreshing take on the usual JRPG tropes. Far from what games like Persona usually do ("Friends are my power!" Averted by Persona 3).

That really took balls. Especially from such a mainstream franchise like Final Fantasy.

Oct 25, 2017
Still really upset that Episode Aranea got cancelled. All of them really but especially that one since it was going to be canon, and not alternate like Luna and Noct.
Apparently it was going to be a more light hearted episode between the more serious episodes. This surprised me since I always assumed it'd depict the downfall of Niflheim, which was quite dark.
Cancelling story DLC for the latest main installment of their flagship franchise is not a good look.

I'll be picking up the novel day one I guess. Hopefully it comes out close to the Japanese release.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
This DLC was wonky. The direction of the plot was all over the place and in general it clashed with the base game, and actually it sort of downplayed Noctis' journey in a way. Not sure how I feel about that.

I think this DLC was definitely setting up the cancelled DLC's hence the theme of fate, the gods etc was more of a focus here. But considering those are cancelled, the only thing you have to tie this back to is the main game. Now I have a slight problem with this as Bahamut's final talk at the end here neuters some of Ardyn's characterisation in XV. I preferred when he was a good guy turned mad who did everything to get his revenge, no matter what cost. But now he's more of a good guy turned mad turned into a puppet of the gods who wants to get his revenge but is only doing so because he's been instructed. It sort of makes his journey a little too scripted in that sense.

Also I just realised that in the base game the villain is set up to be the Emperor. (Even if this set up was pretty shit) But then the "twist" is that it's Ardyn who is pulling the strings. (extremely predictable but that's fine). But it turns out the "true twist" is it's the gods who are pulling his strings. That's fine too, but the execution of all of these elements is so utterly awful. We could have had a really layered approach with the villains and it's a shame that what we ended up with are just these weird bits and pieces that fit together like three separate jigsaw pieces mashed into one.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
This DLC was wonky. The direction of the plot was all over the place and in general it clashed with the base game, and actually it sort of downplayed Noctis' journey in a way. Not sure how I feel about that.

I think this DLC was definitely setting up the cancelled DLC's hence the theme of fate, the gods etc was more of a focus here. But considering those are cancelled, the only thing you have to tie this back to is the main game. Now I have a slight problem with this as Bahamut's final talk at the end here neuters some of Ardyn's characterisation in XV. I preferred when he was a good guy turned mad who did everything to get his revenge, no matter what cost. But now he's more of a good guy turned mad turned into a puppet of the gods who wants to get his revenge but is only doing so because he's been instructed. It sort of makes his journey a little too scripted in that sense.

Also I just realised that in the base game the villain is set up to be the Emperor. (Even if this set up was pretty shit) But then the "twist" is that it's Ardyn who is pulling the strings. (extremely predictable but that's fine). But it turns out the "true twist" is it's the gods who are pulling his strings. That's fine too, but the execution of all of these elements is so utterly awful. We could have had a really layered approach with the villains and it's a shame that what we ended up with are just these weird bits and pieces that fit together like three separate jigsaw pieces mashed into one.
Yeah, honestly my thoughts too :/ I actually was afraid they would somehow cheapen the impact of the canon ending and demystify parts of the lore by explaining too much and by setting up the alternate timeline (Episode Ignis' alternate ending was terrible already). Noctis' sacrifice doesn't feel as meaningful anymore now that we know that there apparently alwayswas another and better way to save the world and everyone including, Noctis, Luna, and Ardyn. It goes against all the game's main themes and it doesn't feel at all like this twist and subversion of expectations was something they actually planned all along by foreshadowing it during the main game in a clever way or something. Nah, they just decided to shoehorn in an undeserved happy ending (through the tired "killing the gods" FF trope at that) to appease a certain part of the fanbase that can't handle the theme of irreversable sacrifice and loss. No matter how much they try to claim that the alternate ending is not canon and doesn't replace the original, I will now always kinda have it in the back of my mind.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Someone translated this article:
*CONTAINS EPISODE ARDYN SPOILERS*

(The article is incredibly extensive so I only translated certain parts I found to contain interesting material. I may translate other passages if I have time, but I'll put them on a separate fusetter page. I apologize in advance for mistranslations and would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know if you find any. Also, please don't repost without credit. Thank you!)

Source: https://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/2019_03_27-2.html

----------Character Lore

— (laughs) Ardyn was a good person in the anime. On the other hand, Somnus…

Osanai: Even if he is envious of his older brother, we wanted to show that Somnus has his own sense of righteousness and that he was doing it for the people, but due to length restrictions, we weren't able to include as much of that as we would've liked. Both the anime and the game are centered around Ardyn, and from his perspective, Somnus is the enemy, so Somnus ended up being depicted in that manner.

—After the battle, when he began apologizing, I was like "what are you saying?!"

Terada: His apology scene left an impression on me, too.

Osanai: The scene symbolizes their relationship. Ardyn's and Somnus' passages through time are completely different. After Ardyn was gone, Somnus established a nation and spent a long time protecting his people, all while carrying feelings of guilt at having done his brother wrong. On the other hand, Ardyn was imprisoned for about 2000 years without any knowledge of this, bringing about his "what makes you think you can apologize?!" sort of reaction. His lines were intended to make the player feel the same emotions as him.

—So that's how it went. I really empathized with Ardyn here.

Osanai: By the way, the one apologizing to him there is Somnus himself, but the Somnuses appearing in cutscenes up until that point are the "Somnus in Ardyn's mind"—the eviler version seen through Ardyn's eyes.

Kabe: He really looks evil. (laughs)

Osanai: In the early stages of the anime, we made Somnus a fairly good person. But if we left it that way, it would've been difficult to understand why Ardyn detests the royal family as much as he does. Without the establishment of a proper antagonist, Ardyn wouldn't abhor the royal family, and so [the anime] settled into its current state.

Terada: On the other side of the spectrum, there was a time when we had something much worse. Like a love triangle with Aera. (laughs wryly) That would've been too much, so we had it toned down to our current backstory.

—This is related to Somnus, but there's an event where a button-mash prompt appears. No matter how many times I try, [the dagger] still ends up hitting home. Is it possible to mash hard enough to resist?

Kabe: It is possible. For the most part, you won't be able to, but we would love for everyone to see what happens if they manage to complete the prompt.

Osanai: We were asked by the one in charge of implementation* which one—resisting [Somnus] or not—would be better story-wise, and since we thought that more people would be shocked by what happens when he's unable to resist, we had them make it so the majority would fail the button-mash event.

(*I'm assuming design implementation)

—This next question goes into the lore, but could you tell us the origins of "Adagium"?

Osanai: In Latin, it has the meaning "aphorism," but that doesn't hold much importance here. It's more of a codename that the Lucian royal family assigned to conceal Ardyn's existence. Actually, part way through the main game's development, some of us on the team started to use the name Adagium.

—Where did Izunia, the surname Ardyn introduces himself with, come from? In the main game, he has a line insinuating that it's someone's surname.

Osanai: We planned to touch upon that, but if we were to give a proper explanation, it would've taken things off course and so we left it out. Ardyn doesn't quite remember whose last name it is. Through daemonification, he has absorbed the memories of various people, gaining extensive knowledge but consequently falling deeper into insanity, forgetting even details pertaining to himself.

—In Episode Ardyn, Ardyn fights against young Regis. At this time, Regis sees Ardyn as a guard, right?

Osanai: As you learn at the beginning, Ardyn is seen as a guard from the perspective of those around him. When Regis meets Ardyn in Kingsglaive, he doesn't have an over-the-top reaction because it's his first time meeting Ardyn…or so he thinks.

Terada: The onslaught in Episode Ardyn was viewed by the Insomnians as an attack by Adagium, who appeared in the Crown City and wreaked havoc.

—While Ardyn was on his rampage, what was Verstael doing?

Osanai: The plan was to launch a surprise attack on Insomnia once Ardyn had destroyed the devices amplifying the Wall, so he was waiting on the outside. However, after destroying them, Ardyn brings up having a king to kill and goes to find Regis, losing communications and leaving Verstael's following actions unknown. Lore-wise, Verstael did proceed with the surprise attack, but the Wall was more formidable than he thought. Faced also with a counterattack launched by the Lucian army, he ends up retreating. What they learned from this experience was used in their invasion in Kingsglaive.

Terada: And as Ardyn, who headed for Regis, would ultimately be stopped by Bahamut, the operation was a complete and utter failure for Niflheim.

----------Scenario/Novel

(About Episode Ardyn)
— So it was decided from the get-go to take a darker approach. The final choice also drives the story toward a more somber tone.

Terada: What I wanted to add to the game was "no matter what option you choose, Ardyn cannot be saved." We thought the best way to depict Ardyn's tragedy was to have the players make the decision and find that nothing has changed. I'm curious what everyone thought about this…

Osanai: We hope everyone thinks it was cruel. (laughs)

Terada: However, the meaning of this final choice differs greatly between the game and the novel. Ardyn's choice to "resist fate" will gain significance as it connects to the subsequent stories of Episode Aranea, Episode Lunafreya, and Episode Noctis, so please look forward to it.

—The novel also includes the story of Episode Ardyn?

Osanai: Yes, it does. I focused on how the story would develop from Ardyn's section to Noct's while writing the original story and passed it over to the author Eishima-sensei to turn it into a novel. The ending was decided over a year ago, and I believe it'll prove satisfactory.

—So we can trust the novel's cover illustration?

Osanai: Of course. We first started this series [of DLC] with the theme of a "grand finale," and [the novel] contains the story leading up to that point. This is why we thought it'd be okay for Ardyn's story to be on the dark side. By the way, Aranea's is pretty light-hearted. (laughs) Luna's and Noct's stories are quite serious. [The novel is] a piece of work designed to "deliver a new ending for fans," and we've worked on the scenario while carefully choosing elements that will leave an impression.

—When the new series of DLCs was first announced, an illustration of Ardyn, Noct and the others together in harmony was also revealed. Does it have any relation to the novel?

Terada: When we were drawing up a plan for the DLCs, the first thing we decided on was the ending. At that time, we asked ourselves what kind of finale to FFXV would most satisfy the players and held a competition within the art team. A game that the fans have always followed—at the end of it all, what would they want to see? One of the pieces drawn was that artwork. Then we proceeded to construct the story with it in mind. That isn't to say that the novel will be directly connected to the illustration, but it represents the goal we had in mind.

—In Episode Ardyn, it seems like Bahamut is the ringleader behind everything, and we're still left with some parts that feel unresolved. May I ask about that?

Osanai: First, Bahamut did want to get rid of daemons from the world. To do so, Bahamut conferred upon Ardyn his mission to spread the Starscourge while also getting the kings of Lucis to accumulate power. Then, by having Noct take down Ardyn, he planned to eliminate the daemons in one clean sweep.

—So the Starscourge had to first be spread?

Osanai: That's right. Bahamut isn't directly involved with the daemon outbreak, but there's a reason it was necessary. By the way, Episode Ardyn is the prologue of the four episodes, so we purposely tried to get players to have these questions, like "could the true mastermind be…"

Terada: You can stop there! The rest will be in the novel!

—I guess the only option is to read the book. (laughs)

Osanai: I was ordered to stop (laughs), but please read Luna's and Noct's sections in the novel for answers to these questions arising from Episode Ardyn.

Source.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the DLC, was pretty dope. Directing is like in all DLCs so much better and coherent than on main game. Really looking forward what Luminous will deliver with their new people on charge, new IP and actually more sensible developing time.

Kind of sad rest of the DLC were cancelled but really don't like that "happy ending" part.

Still, with this DLC have to say FFXV is my favorite of the series now, or at least right after IX.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing all the DLCs during their appropriate places in the main game would probably make the the overall experience a lot more satisfying. I'm gonna do that soon. Just wish they didn't spoil certain things in the DLCs about the canon ending.

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
The whole theme of his dlc and the whole

The fate of humans is to be pawns in the games of gods

Kinda reminds me of the quote they used in the trailer for FFvXIII from Hamlet:

ShakespeareVersusXIII.png

It explained the only gripe I had with Ardyn in the main game

Why he was always helping the group if they were his enemies

And easily solidifies him as my favorite villain in the whole series
This Episode pretty much has the most pieces of Versus XIII.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Playing all the DLCs during their appropriate places in the main game would probably make the the overall experience a lot more satisfying. I'm gonna do that soon. Just wish they didn't spoil certain things in the DLCs about the canon ending.

I still say they should have made an optional game mode that has the Episodes play at certain points in the main story, along with Chapter 13 verse 2. They could even make it a new game plus if they wanted to ensure that people weren't spoiled, or they could move scenes around so they don't spoil the ending when played in sequence.

Episode Ardyn was fun. I'll preorder the book soon, I feel like I have an obligation to at this point.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Not sure what I expected going into.

The character model reuse is hilariously cringy and terrible.

The cutscene direction ,audio mixing ,VA and writing are so substandard for FF.

I really hope this DLC isn't how we close out single player content for this gen of FF.

God knows where this franchise is headed next gen.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Beat the Ardyn DLC and I got A+ on the ranking screen pretty easily on my second try. It helps that you can do it on easy mode.

As for the DLC, I thought it was fun. My favorite part was that table in the middle of the lab that told the history of the world.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
I'm just waiting for the complete package. Already platinum'd the base game near launch.

Deleted member 41713

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I really liked EP Ardyn, shame that we will never get the remainder of the story/plot holes addressed.

Now I can't wait to get a better PC and re-play XV in the correct order with the movie/anime/all DLC episodes now out. As well as mods for the Versus 13 costume and 4K textures.

And if I'm feeling very ambitious then I'll compile the whole story in chronological order for a YT vid.

I'm just waiting for the complete package. Already platinum'd the base game near launch.
Same, but probably it'll be a PS5 port.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really liked EP Ardyn, shame that we will never get the remainder of the story/plot holes addressed.

Now I can't wait to get a better PC and re-play XV in the correct order with the movie/anime/all DLC episodes now out. As well as mods for the Versus 13 costume and 4K textures.

And if I'm feeling very ambitious then I'll compile the whole story in chronological order for a YT vid.

Same, but probably it'll be a PS5 port.
What are the plot-holes now? Honestly I think they are pretty much filled-up. Except that Insomia's fall happens in an outside movie.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Like I played the main game a few years ago but maybe I forgot but kinda think the ardyn dlc still just does a lousy job of telling you about ardyn's past before when the dlc is set,

Some things that just aren't explained.

Like who is he? Why does he have all these powers to begin with? He was chained up for 2000 years but why? Is he Evil? How is he to be able to survive that long and where did he come from? Isn't he just a human?

So they chained him up because he was the true successor to the throne but why go to all this trouble? Isn't he just a monster? How can he be the true heir when the throne rejected him anyway.

How come he has these powers? To turn things into demons and spread it I mean. Who or what gave this to him and why? Again I still don't know why he is immortal and why he was real,y chained up. So Noctis's bloodline is just evil for doing that to the true heir?

Oct 25, 2017
Like I played the main game a few years ago but maybe I forgot but kinda think the ardyn dlc still just does a lousy job of telling you about ardyn's past before when the dlc is set,

Some things that just aren't explained.

Like who is he? Why does he have all these powers to begin with? He was chained up for 2000 years but why? Is he Evil? How is he to be able to survive that long and where did he come from? Isn't he just a human?

So they chained him up because he was the true successor to the throne but why go to all this trouble? Isn't he just a monster? How can he be the true heir when the throne rejected him anyway.

How come he has these powers? To turn things into demons and spread it I mean. Who or what gave this to him and why? Again I still don't know why he is immortal and why he was real,y chained up. So Noctis's bloodline is just evil for doing that to the true heir?

They explain all of those things..

1) Who is he? He's a noble from House Caelum, the family chosen by the gods to rule the land.

2) Why does he have those powers? Given to him by the gods.

3) He was chained because his brother could not kill him to steal the throne, because Ardyn is immortal. So he had him imprisoned in Angelguard.

4) Is he evil? He was turned evil by the betrayal of his brother and the gods, and two thousand years of imprisonment. He was not evil before.

5) How could he survive that long? He's immortal due to the Starscourge he absorbed into his body while healing his people.

6) Isn't he just a human? He was. Before absorbing the Starscourge into his body.

7) Why go through all this trouble? His brother wanted him out of the way in order to steal the throne. He could not kill him, so he imprisoned him.

8) Isn't he just a monster? He turned into a monster when his brother killed his fiancée and tried to kill him to steal the throne.

9) How can he be the heir when the throne rejected him? The Crystal rejected him once he began using all of the Starscourge he had absorbed, due to Somnus betraying him and killing Aera.

10) How come he has these powers? Given to him by the gods to heal his people. After he's corrupted, his powers are corrupted as well. Instead of healing people, he inflicts the Starscourge into them.

11) Is Noctis' bloodline evil? Its founder, Somnus, was a massive douchebag at the very least. Definitely what I would consider to be evil. He claims to have his reasons, but the way he mocks Aera when he kills her tells me he goes beyond being a simple jerk.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I finally was able to play the DLC and beat it just under 3 hours. I did take over the whole city, collected a lot of treasure etc, which did drag the playtime out a little bit. I didn't mind though, because Ardyn was so much fun to play as. I love the idea of playing an OP villain from time to time. Overall I think it's my second favorite FF15 DLC after Episode Ignis. It really added to Ardyn's backstory, explaining a couple of things. It also pretty much confirmed what I felt after the main game already, that he's one of my favorite, if not my favorite, Final Fantasy villain. I will definitely look into the novel they'll be releasing at a later point. But outside of that I guess the FF15 ride is finally over for me. It was a wonderful ride. Sure, the main game had problems, but I didn't really mind that much. I put over 100 hours into it. I cried at the end. It was the first and so far only game I bought a season pass for and even played a bit of Comrades, which was fun enough, at least for a couple of hours. Granted, I didn't really play all those free content updates like the Assassin's Festival etc, because the game got really big and I couldn't leave it on my PS4's HDD for when I wasn't playing it. I salute the team for sticking with the game for so long, providing updates and more. Sad that we'll never going to to get the other planned DLC updates, though. Looking forward to what they'll be doing next.

My personal ranking of the DLC episodes:

Episode Ignis > Episode Ardyn > Episode Prompto > Episode Gladio.

Prompto reminded me of Dirge of Cerberus, which was pretty funny. It also featured Aranea, which is always a good thing. I didn't really enjoy Gladio's episode, mostly because he was so slow and clunky to play as. He's a great guy, but I didn't really enjoy playing as him.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Gladio got the short end of the stick for going first. He also had the weakest anime episode too out of the bros lol

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to beating Episode Ardyn. My game time is limited, and I wanted to finish Sekiro first, so this had to wait.

So I came back and played it, and wow -- those final scenes are great. Really hits me in the feels. This definitely cements him as one of the best villains in the series. They kind of pulled an Episode Ignis twist at the end
with how he realizes that he is just a pawn in the end, and no matter if he struggles or submits, his fate is sealed.
It's one of those things that make you change your understanding of the character's motivation.

Anyway, there are some weak elements to the DLC. The gameplay for the most part feels a bit weak, even though I enjoyed the battles. Also, that music choice for Insomnia is a real headscratcher. I wish I could change it to something more suiting. Also, I wish they allowed you to walk around Insomnia a bit before shit went down.

But really the meat of this DLC is the story cutscenes which are great, and Ardyn's actor portrayed him excellently. Also, the battle with
Regis
was really fun, even if a bit easy. Being able to summon Ifrit mid-battle as an actual skill is really cool, and it's something that would have been cool if it were in the main game.

Anyway, it's a bittersweet end. Those ending scenes really make me reflect on the whole experience, and I can't help but say that I'm really happy with how it turned out, despite the issues the game has and how it doesn't quite live up to the potential of all the pieces they have for it. In the end, I enjoyed it, connected with it and the characters, and got that feeling I used to get playing older Final Fantasy titles. And in general, I just had fun.

I think I may actually come back and play the game a third time sometime down the road when I get a rig capable of 4k. That will be a nice treat.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I finally got around to beating Episode Ardyn. My game time is limited, and I wanted to finish Sekiro first, so this had to wait.

So I came back and played it, and wow -- those final scenes are great. Really hits me in the feels. This definitely cements him as one of the best villains in the series. They kind of pulled an Episode Ignis twist at the end
with how he realizes that he is just a pawn in the end, and no matter if he struggles or submits, his fate is sealed.
It's one of those things that make you change your understanding of the character's motivation.

Anyway, there are some weak elements to the DLC. The gameplay for the most part feels a bit weak, even though I enjoyed the battles. Also, that music choice for Insomnia is a real headscratcher. I wish I could change it to something more suiting. Also, I wish they allowed you to walk around Insomnia a bit before shit went down.

But really the meat of this DLC is the story cutscenes which are great, and Ardyn's actor portrayed him excellently. Also, the battle with
Regis
was really fun, even if a bit easy. Being able to summon Ifrit mid-battle as an actual skill is really cool, and it's something that would have been cool if it were in the main game.

Anyway, it's a bittersweet end. Those ending scenes really make me reflect on the whole experience, and I can't help but say that I'm really happy with how it turned out, despite the issues the game has and how it doesn't quite live up to the potential of all the pieces they have for it. In the end, I enjoyed it, connected with it and the characters, and got that feeling I used to get playing older Final Fantasy titles. And in general, I just had fun.

I think I may actually come back and play the game a third time sometime down the road when I get a rig capable of 4k. That will be a nice treat.
Nice take. It's one of those experiences where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I like the story so far, but the gameplay seems iffy. I think they should have done Luna instead if only one more episode was possible, since the game does nothing with her. Ardyn had lots of development, she had none. I do like his character, though.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
And finished, chose Defiance. Had a lot of fun with the gameplay, and boy does Darin De Paul ham it up to no end.

I hope by some miracle this does well enough to bankroll Episode Iris Luna, but I doubt it.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Anyone know when the book will come out in the west?
(Please don't spoil the book content)

After some procrastination, I finally played the episode. Made me even more pissed that SE cancelled the rest of the DLCs.

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
Anyone know when the book will come out in the west?
(Please don't spoil the book content)

After some procrastination, I finally played the episode. Made me even more pissed that SE cancelled the rest of the DLCs.

Officially after the summer. I will say this, word of god says the canon is Ardyn submitting to his fate but Ardyn defying his fate (and ONLY that choice) leads to the content in the book. Everything in the book the devs already talked about in interviews. It's just a shame we will never see any of it as DLC.

Oct 28, 2017
Should have probably asked this in the main OT but did they ever fix or remove those trophies back from the 2017 comrades update? They are apparently unobtainable if you're on the latest patch. Anyone know what I'm talking about?