Final Fantasy XV Future DLC: Episodes Ardyn, Aranea, Luna & Noctis confirmed

Oct 25, 2017

Alternate ending in Noctis DLC.
All the DLC is being directed by Episode Ignis director.
All from the Pax panel.

Schedule:

Last edited:

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really glad that Episode Ardyn is going to be about what I was hoping it would be about. Ep Aranea being a side story about Niflheim will finally be them expanding Niflheim stuff.

Judging by that looks like the Luna and Noctis DLC will also contain alternate endings in them like Episode Ignis did.

Oct 27, 2017
This is literally best case scenario. These 4 DLCs will scratch every itch I needed scratching.

But my god, the 2019 DLC schedule. This game never ends.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Episode Aranea looks like a cool concept but that reminds me that there's been barely anything of Iris in all the post-release dlc

Oct 25, 2017
Is everything from Episode Noctis going to be tied to the alternate ending? Or is it going to be more of an expansion on the canon ending like the Royal Pack?

Nov 8, 2017
Realistically, how substantial can all of those be? Not a long time to develop and each would take drastically different resources from the sounds of it.

Nov 5, 2017
My plan of playing this game once all the DLCs and expansions are completed just keeps on going on. I think I may play it on PS5 or Switch 2 at this point lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Aaayyyy playable Aranea with her moveset is gonna be nice. Ardyn story sounds interesting too.

2019 sounds awfully late though.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, episode Aranea and episode Ardyn if done correctly could do much in fleshing out the world, and hopefully episode Luna will finally give her the screen time that she needs, the one that I am most iffy on is episode Noctis, but it could still be interesting either way. And standalone Comrades.... sure whatever xd.

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically, how substantial can all of those be? Not a long time to develop and each would take drastically different resources from the sounds of it.
If they have 4 different dev teams, they'll probably be hefty. Like 2-3 hours each. Episode Ignis was a fantastic size.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
If they're all being developed throughout 2018 that would be about the same amount of time spent on them as the 2017 dlc episodes.

All the DLC is being directed by Episode Ignis director.
Yyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh booooooyyyyyyy

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if Episode Noctis is like an alternate timeline or at least branching paths like episode Ignis

Oct 25, 2017
Just think.

Add the inevitable PS5 version for a 2020 release and this game will have been in active development across 3 decades

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like Episodes Luna and Noctis are set-up for a happy alternate ending.

And Episode Aranea sounds like it'll explain what the fuck happened in Chapter 13, besides just the post-it notes and radio stations. So that's great.

Oct 25, 2017
2019 is crazy. Thankfully they will rapidfire it out though once it starts.

Maybe I should buy the Royal Edition upgrades...

Oct 27, 2017
I have been putting off actually getting the game as I'm waiting for everything to be out before I start and this is kiind if ridiculous. Even their GOTY edition won't have everything. I find this kind of off putting weirdly, I suppose it's great they are supporting it but I like playing my games in complete packages :(

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
This all seems like story stuff I expected to be in the full game lol

All of those parts, as well as the previous episodes, were just gaping holes of empty information and development.