• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
*Shipped (+Digital)
『FINAL FANTASY XV』について

「ファイナルファンタジー」シリーズ最新作、全世界販売本数890万本※1突破!
「リアル」と「ファンタジー」の融合により生み出される圧倒的な世界観とグラフィック、そしてシリーズ初の挑戦となる「オープンワールド」の採用、さらにアクション性の高い爽快なバトルの導入によって、プレイヤーは世界に浸り、これまでにない最高の自由と臨場感を味わうことができます。
※1…パッケージ出荷本数とダウンロード販売数の合計

https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20191018164/
FFXV ship and download 8.9 M

https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20191018164/

Surprised there was no thread on this. ResetEra's Number 1 JRPG of this generation hit 8.9m sales.
ffxv-party-2.gif

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Can FF15 become the 10m+ seller most hated by its publisher ever.

Excited for KH3.3: Half-Rise Birth/Live Also Fuck Tabata

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But this forum told me that it literally killed the franchise

OP
OP

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Your quote seems to contradict your title.
You're right. Reported my own post so a mod could edit it. Just saw digital and goofed.

He was fired and Square this year released KH3 in which Nomura is just screaming "Fuck off and die" constantly at FFvsXIII getting cancelled.

So I don't know.
He wasn't fired. He left on his own after he was given his own team after the success of XV lol.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
It begs the question: will we see a Final Fantasy XVI reveal on the Sony E3 conference next year?

A new numbered FF was ALWAYS announced in the year of a next gen console release.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Flawed game, but one of my favorites despite that. Love the dynamic between the party members.

Oct 26, 2017
You're right. Reported my own post so a mod could edit it. Just saw digital and goofed.

He wasn't fired. He left on his own after he was given his own team after the success of XV lol.

Yeah, right.

Tabata has made almost no statements this year and Square released the most bitter game of 2019 which has a lot to do with FFXV.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's not sold through, not that it really matters. Game was obviously successful.
Yeah, right.

Tabata has made almost no statements this year and Square released the most bitter game of 2019 which has a lot to do with FFXV.
I don't think he was fired so much as given an ultimatum to stop the cross media bullshit / change course on whatever Luminous was developing. The interviews they've given about their next project are very clear about wanting to release a complete coherent product that is just a game lol.
and still they cancelled season 2
The DLC almost definitely sold abysmally. DLC always almost does, and they were inexplicably doing a second season of it.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I bought it as part of a B2G1 at launch, and then again for the Royal Edition, but haven't started it yet.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
It was a deeply flawed, but ultimately enjoyable, game. Hopefully the next Final Fantasy game doesn't take any lessons from that combat engine, though (unless the lesson in question is what not to do)...

Oct 25, 2017
Super well deserved! One of my favorite games of the generation. It had a rough path, with Tabata San and his team fixing the absolute mess that was inherited to them.

But in the end they pulled it off and created a great game.

Can't wait for another playthrough on the PS5!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Really liked this game, I can acknowledge the faults of it but the story was super impactful to me at times and I basically blitzed through it + all the supplementary material preceding it in a very memorable week.

Guessing it'll hit 9 mil units shipped by the end of the generation, too.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The final campfire scene made me tear up, but other than that, I must say I was pretty dissapointed in the game. It had so much potential that it never lived up to.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was an okay game, there's a LOT of issues with it.

That campfire scene at the end got me though so it did some things right

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I mean...I'm really really happy and everything. I truly am cause I really love this game.

But

I'm still so bitter about the cancelled DLC. No matter what people thought of what it was going to bring, I still wanted to experience it. And no, having it in book form isn't enough for me.

But still, I'm happy. I am. :)

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My least favorite game to actually play that was Tabata did the best he could when taking over. The ending campfire is the only redeeming quality of that game.

Kyoufu reminded me that the OST and secret dungeon were really good as well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's damn good. I haven't played the game since 2016 so I don't know if I would still like the game as I did back then.