• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Did they improve Comrades in any way with this release, or is it pretty much the same as it was before? Does the game still have awfully long load times every time you start a mission? And did they ever make it easier / less annoying to do private games with friends?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's an issue for most if not all EU players at the moment. They're "looking into it".

Seems like it. Reading that it involves the old saves having regional name for each EU language yet the standalone version doesn't, so the standalone version can't catch the original save. Dunno if its true but if its, the oversight of this is hilarious.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I tried the new version a bit. What a shitty update, they took so many months to deliver...this? I mean, for 10€ the value is here, except there is not a single person playing this online so you are forced to play with bots, which are useless.
Defeated Melusine because my character was level 70, couldn't beat Omega because, despite being an easy fight, in the end it started spamming insta-death attacks on all party. All characters died, there weren't healing items in the arena so after each one died two times the mission ended.

Deathgaze which is like leve 46, you have a four minutes timer. The fact is, by using L1+Triangle I can't even reach the damn thing which flies around, I can't even damage it and with two minutes remaining and Deathgaze having almost full health if not for a couple of hits landed by the CPU I closed the game. What a garbage. I didn't even try other boss fights because if you can't defeat a level 46 fight with bots, why bothering to try a level 99 one?

Your game is broken, Square. Give bots more damage power because no one is playing online and good luck completing this with bots.

Also I do not understand this:
-they removed the season pass version, making the achievements unobtainable
-on PC Comrades is still attached to the main game with no stand-alone version. This build got updated with the new content but Square didn't bother to patch in the additional achievements.
-the stand-alone version apparently makes you transfer your savegames and it even unlocks achievements, not all of them because it's bugged?

I mean, what a mess. I understand the point on releasing a stand-alone Comrades for 10€ was to bring new people in with the low price, but considering I doubt many people will buy this, the online is dead and bots are useless, good luck with this new project Square. And people waited how many months for this? I can't pass over the fact the new update is so bad, just pick up some boss fights from the main game and put them online, with pretty much no changes at all despite FFXV single-player and Comrades play differently.

Jan 11, 2018
Pretty much all of the new content is recycled from the updates of the game, Royal Pack and Episode Ignis. Deathgaze is the only really new boss, and it was a scrapped hunt from the base game (proven by dataminers). They really put the bare minimum effort into this.

Madmackem

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm I own the royal edition on Xbox but it's saying it's £7.99 for this, and when I launch it in game on 15 it tells me to download the standalone but I don't own it, do I have to pay again?.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I own the royal edition on Xbox but it's saying it's £7.99 for this, and when I launch it in game on 15 it tells me to download the standalone but I don't own it, do I have to pay again?.
That's very strange. Did you use the codes to get the season pass? Obvious I know but perhaps easy to forget.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nor the official twitter or the SE help (or anyone for that matter) page has yet to acknowledge the save data transfer bug that all the EU/AUS players are having. Hilarious.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Lol, the game still often disconnect you from the server if you choose to keep looking for peeps after it can't find one in the training area vs cactuar. This is an issue known from it first released, still here hahaha.

The load times are MUCH improved tho, that's for sure.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
From what I read it's better to steer clear. Maybe I'll give it a shot when it's free, definitely not gonna pay a dime for a dead multiplayer.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I got the 100% for standalone Comrades after a few hours the other day. Ravus and Ardyn are such terrible bosses and I hope they patch them to a lower level.

Glad I did the add-on Comrades trophies and content before it got patched out; made everything easier.

Oct 25, 2017
Ravus and Ardyn are just stupid. I worked hard to get strong weapons, but apparently I needed to use leveling exploits to have a chance. My mere 2,000 strength barely scratches them.

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the Ardyn/Ravus fight.
Really gotta use the Fierce Sigil and use the ground pound attack as your main damage.
Everything else is hard to land and will likely end with you being insta-killed by Ravus.
We had a healer too. Took a while but we won. I even still had food. I don't think my Comrades even grabbed food cause I don't remember them ever dying.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Nor the official twitter or the SE help (or anyone for that matter) page has yet to acknowledge the save data transfer bug that all the EU/AUS players are having. Hilarious.

The issue of not being able to transfer save data from #FFXV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades to #FFXV Multiplayer: Comrades has been fixed on #PS4 To transfer your old save data, please delete current #FFXV Multiplayer: Comrades save data & reboot the game. [1/2]

More information can be found on the #SquareEnix Support Centre. http://sqex.to/DaV Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked to resolve this issue. #FFXV [2/2]

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, we're now locked out of trophies for the multiplayer version?
*checks*
Oh, son of a bitch. Some people are saying that it should still technically be possible, by forcing the game to not auto-download the standalone version.