• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
DOMUSx6VAAAm-_5.jpg

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades DLC is out now everywhere.

How to start:
  • The DLC is included in the Season Pass ($25) or can be purchased separately for $20.
  • You have to download the Comrades DLC in your respective store (7.53 GB) and also have the main game installed. You can then access Comrades from the main game's title screen under "Downloadable Content".
  • For online multiplayer you need a PS+/XBL subscription, but you can play the whole story campaign and missions solo too with AI bots in which case you do not need a PS+/XBL subscription, nor do you have to be online.

What's Comrades about:
  • COMRADES consists of multiplayer missions you can play with other people or alone with AI bots, and a singleplayer part in between doing missions where you will be set in Lestallum and will be able to enjoy it as a RPG-like game (shops, smiths, talking with NPC, accepting missions etc.).
  • The story is set when Noctis is missing and you will play as a Glaive during this time.
  • Set in the World of Darkness, your goal is to collect meteor shard to power up power stations to provide electricity to other areas. You progress as you connect the power line and as you do so, you also unlock perks for your character.
  • You can fully customize your character with tons of details. You can buy new clothes and accessories as you progress.
  • Noctis & Co. will be made playable through a future update.
  • By completing quests, you can get items to upgrade your weapons. This aspect is a lot more expanded than the main game.
  • You can rescue NPC's and have them settle in the town. You can also set a NPC to be the leader of the town, with each NPC Leader providing different perks.
  • Sigils of the Kings - will provide different perks and give each player a certain role. Example, tanks and healers. Each Sigil will also provide different skills, such as ''Jump'', ''Airstep'', ''Taunt'' and ''Barrier''.
  • You can communicate by a variety of preset phrases or voice chat.
  • Sigils can be unlocked through the story.
  • A special skill ''Cheer'' temporarily increase the parties powers.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/728l1l/tgs17_atr_translations_tabatas_new_vision_and_the/

Trailers:

Screens:

DORRJ7YUQAAB3FO.jpg
DORRJ8wUQAEeUJJ.jpg

DOUeI8fXkAsNOuW.jpg

DOUeJK_W0AEhl9O.jpg

DOUeI6hXkAA7U2j.jpg

DOj64JyWAAA7y-E.jpg

GIFs:

UnX82WO.gif

No FFXV thread without a SunhiLegend gif, of course:
mHUAsYz.gif

Reviews:

VG24/7:
Final Fantasy 15 Comrades review: a strong Destiny-style multiplayer showing – shame about the loading

There's a few reasons for that. For one, FF15: Comrades is actually rather impressive, taking the world and core design of FF15 to create a fairly successful non-MMO Final Fantasy online multiplayer experience. It feels like a lot of time, money and effort went into its development, and for that the developers deserve kudos. It also feels incredibly relevant for the future: much here feels like a test for the future, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Final Fantasy 16 end up being at least little like a Destiny, Division or Borderlands affair with an epic story set to the backdrop of drop-in, drop-out multiplayer.

[...]

The issue is that every time Comrades wants to send you to a missison, it's essentially fast-travelling around FF15's fairly sizable open world – and it does this way too often. When you take a mission, you're sent to a nearby camp site, incurring a load time. Once your party gathers there, the game has to load again when it warps you to the actual mission location. When your objective is complete it warps you back to the camp site again for a debrief and then finally back to the hub. These load times together stretch into the minutes, even on the Xbox One X, the fastest of the three systems I tested Comrades on.

It doesn't make for a smooth or snappy multiplayer experience – frankly, getting into a match becomes a chore. One great sign of a strong multiplayer experience is being bitten by the "just one more match" bug, but that's difficult in Comrades – committing to another quest means committing to all those load times, and it's off-putting.

[...]

The final perplexing thing is how difficult it is to get into a game with friends – the easiest thing to do is to Quick Match with a bunch of strangers, which is always less than ideal. In this area it all feels like it could use improvement, but it also seems that like the original FF15 for better and for worse this is still a work in progress – areas are referenced that you can't yet visit, suggesting more is to come.

At its heart, Comrades definitely has the right ideas. It has problems that appear to largely stem from being built as an afterthought atop a single-player focused game, but many of the ideas it has for a multiplayer Final Fantasy experience are pretty strong, and there's a particularly impressive effort to tell a proper FF story in a multiplayer setting that pans out remarkably well. Oh, and it has a lovely new theme tune by Nobuo Uematsu. If this is indeed a test for the future, it's a solid proof of concept – if not exactly a must-play at this point in time.

GameInformer:

Kotaku:

Fandom:

The Xbox Hub:

Final Fantasy Dojo:
Fazit:
Der DLC beschäftigt einen Spieler je nach Spielverhalten 10-20 Stunden, das finden wir sehr gut. Vor allem für diejenigen, die sich den Season Pass gekauft haben lohnt sich das ganze ungemein. Der Einzelpreis schlägt mit satten 19.99 € zu, das finden wir ein wenig viel. Dabei muss man allerdings sagen das noch im nächsten Jahr mehrere Updates für Comrades kommen sollen. Neue Missionen zum Beispiel, vielleicht erhalten wir auch neue Kleidung, das bleibt abzuwarten. Wir fanden einige Missionen ein wenig langweilig und auch zu kurz. Oft wartet man länger auf weitere Mitspieler als das man Spielzeit nutzt. Die Gegner sind jedoch sehr abwechslungsreich, auch die willkürlich erscheinenden Solo Aufgaben fanden wir gut. Dadurch kam ein wenig Schwung ins Spiel, auch die vielen, bekannten Charaktere sorgten für die ein oder andere Gänsehaut. Storymäßig wurde uns, wie schon bei anderen DLCs, nicht bombastisch viel geliefert. Wir müssen aber zugeben, gegen Ende enorm mitgefiebert zu haben und finden das es sich gelohnt hat diesen DLC zu spielen. Nach der Hauptgeschichte kann man sogar weitere Missionen spielen, diese sind vom Niveau her sogar etwas höher, so dass man motiviert wird weiter zu trainieren und Gegenstände für seine Waffe zu farmen.

Unsere Server blieben zudem auch stabil, obwohl wir schon von einigen hörten wo dies [nicht der] Fall war.

[Google-translated]

Conclusion: The DLC employs a player depending on the game 10-20 hours, which we find very good. Especially for those who have bought the season pass, it's worth the effort. The unit price strikes with a whopping 19.99 €, we find a little bit much. However, one must say that in the next year several updates for Comrades should come. For example, new missions, maybe we'll get new clothes, it remains to be seen. We found some missions a bit boring and too short. Often one waits longer for other players than the one uses playing time. The opponents are however very varied, also the arbitrarily appearing solo tasks we found good. As a result, a little momentum came into play, and the many well-known characters made for a goose bump or two. Storylike, we were, as with other DLCs, not delivered bombastically much. But we have to admit to have been enormously feverish toward the end and find that it has been worthwhile to play this DLC. After the main story you can even play more missions, these are a bit higher in level, so you are motivated to continue training and farming items for your weapon. Our servers also remained stable, although we already heard from some where this was not the case.

PATCHES:

Comrades v1.1.0
  • Additional trading post (behind Iris)
  • Additional weapon (Lucian Saber)
  • Shorter loading times
  • Daily Quests (Online only)
  • Buffs are now timed
  • The Food Buff glitch no longer works. Furthermore, food buffs on characters made with the glitch will eventually expire.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I copy/paste from FFXV thread:

Sorry but the current build of Comrades is a piece of crap. The game is INSANELY bugged and they should have delayed it again.
-crashes with error CE- 34878-0
-sometimes enemies in a mission won't spawn, forcing you to quit.
-matchmaking issues. If matchmaking won't find someone and you decide to retry, 99% of the time the game will switch to offline mode. You need to quit to the main menu and load the game again to go online. In 2017 this is bullshit.
-grindy, grindy, too grindy progression. I'm level 7 and I have level 23, 28 etc missions. It's stupid. And it's stupid because to unlock missions you need to farm Kw, to farm Kw you need to repeat missions you already beated. To beat the level 20+ missions, you also need to grind for exp.
-too many loading screens. Come on, it's insane. It's even worse than XV, but at least here was partially justified by the fact that, when you load the world, you only see other loading screens if you fast-travel or finish a chapter. Here you have a loading screen right in the beginning (of course). You have than another loading screen when you select a mission. You are now in the cactuar fight, when it ends, another loading screen. You are in the (second) hub, guess what? Another loading screen. You finish the mission, loading screen to the dinning scene. You finish to eat, loading screen. What the fuck. You spend more time watching the screen and doing nothing than playing.
-stupid level up system for weapons. Why a weapon has 30 or 50 levels if I can max it up right after I get it? Why do I need to select ingredients to power it up if you can always max it out in one sitting? Give each weapon like three levels, but do it so the way each power-up is actually worth

Last edited:

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome OT.

Didn't get a chance to try out the beta, so I'm definitely super excited to finally play this. Heck, I even took off from work to play it to my hearts content... Unfortunately it still isn't up on PSN (US) though. :(

Also, I need the full version of "Choosing Hope" like yesterday.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Why was I shedding a tear at the end of that gospel video? I'm not crying. You're crying!

Damn, is there a "complete edition" of FFXV coming out? I traded in my hard-copy a while ago because I wanted to get everything together.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Question: are the recent Achievements/Trophies that showed up for FFXV related to this DLC? (I'm assuming yes, since I didn't see a way to do them in the base game...)

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Why was I shedding a tear at the end of that gospel video? I'm not crying. You're crying!

Damn, is there a "complete edition" of FFXV coming out? I traded in my hard-copy a while ago because I wanted to get everything together.

Likely not since they're talking about potentially another round of DLC with a second season pass due to the success of current one

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017

Sorry but the current build of Comrades is a piece of crap. The game is INSANELY bugged and they should have delayed it again.

-matchmaking issues. If matchmaking won't find someone and you decide to retry, 99% of the time the game will switch to offline mode. You need to quit to the main menu and load the game again to go online. In 2017 this is bullshit.
-grindy, grindy, too grindy progression. I'm level 7 and I have level 23, 28 etc missions. It's stupid. And it's stupid because to unlock missions you need to farm Kw, to farm Kw you need to repeat missions you already beated. To beat the level 20+ missions, you also need to grind for exp.
-too many loading screens. Come on, it's insane. It's even worse than XV, but at least here was partially justified by the fact that, when you load the world, you only see other loading screens if you fast-travel or finish a chapter. Here you have a loading screen right in the beginning (of course). You have than another loading screen when you select a mission. You are now in the cactuar fight, when it ends, another loading screen. You are in the (second) hub, guess what? Another loading screen. You finish the mission, loading screen to the dinning scene. You finish to eat, loading screen. What the fuck. You spend more time watching the screen and doing nothing than playing.
-stupid level up system for weapons. Why a weapon has 30 or 50 levels if I can max it up right after I get it? Why do I need to select ingredients to power it up if you can always max it out in one sitting? Give each weapon like three levels, but do it so the way each power-up is actually worth
Best way too kill any hype that i have....

Oct 27, 2017
I'm downloading this as soon as I get home from work and I'm ready for this!
And ^^^^ yes the recent trophy update is from this.

kaytee

Oct 28, 2017
USA
Come on, NA PSN!! I want to get the download started so I can play when I get home from work.

Nothing's announced, but probably. They're updated the game all through next year, though, so it won't be any time soon.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no Idea why this isn't still avaliable at the US store.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You're making it sound like Sonic 2006. :(

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot this even had it's multiplayer update. So what did people think about it? Was the MP good?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I forgot this even had it's multiplayer update. So what did people think about it? Was the MP good?

I only played the beta but I found it pretty fun. The combat is like XV but improved IMO.

This exapc will live or die with the amount of content I guess, considering it's based in short missions, although it also has a defined storyline so I guess it's not a bad deal for 20€.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying it so far. Missions can get a little repetitive but it seems like there's a fair bit of new content here for what it is, and 'what it is' is basically co-op FFXV hunts/missions with improved/more varied combat.

Almost worth it just for the character creator alone:
OhmvTUp.jpg

Oh, and for anyone curious--you do not need PS+ to play Comrades, just to play it with other people. You can play missions with 3 AI partners instead.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Have season pass, will try.

Beta was barebones/janky, but had a lot of promise. The animations were pretty awesome.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The first post killed all my hype

And I was considering renewing my plus suscription just to play this online today

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The first post killed all my hype

And I was considering renewing my plus suscription just to play this online today
Give it a go yourself, someone else pointed out the complaints in the first post aren't being echoed by everyone.

Still, the beta was a bit messy. I'm sure this won't be perfect, but you might enjoy it.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they fix the weird necks from the beta.

I also hope we get to fight Eidolons.

rukloveis

Nov 13, 2017

-crashes with error CE- 34878-0

Well i will copy from my post too.

1. That don't happen to me

2. That happen to me only 1 time so wait for patch i think.

3.You play it wrong because i unlocked low lv mission on my lv 2 or 3 .I have mission lv1 2 3 4 and 5 from 2 hours of my play.
You have to use kw unlock place with require low kw point 1st and you will have low level mission.

4.Well that don't long at all at least for me.

5.Ingredients has 11 - 12 sub status you have to choose wisely. if you up lvl full with bad status Ingredients your weapon willbe very weak.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
The game is good! Seriously way more fully featured then I expected. I can't actually tell how much content there is here but I will be playing for a while at least. The powering up/electricity mechanic is very addictive.

Also because I know it is important to a lot of you Era guys, the performance is way better. I don't know why (it is prob the smaller areas) but the games frame rate seems to be much more consistent.

There is also some impressions of the game here:
https://lastlifeclub.com/2017/11/15/final-fantasy-xv-comrades-dlc-good/

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish this was a standalone thing as I would throw down $20-$30 to mess with it.

Reminds me of white knight chronicles for better or worse on its online portion.

I'll wait for a Black Friday deal on 15 and scoop it up again to try this.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any updates, expansions, more missions planned in the future? I have a feeling this is kinda short. Outfits are very few too compared to FFXIV (I know it's an MMORPG but still). What about the idea of playing the main game campaign online with comrades? Was this idea scrapped?
I think on PC this will be richer thanks to mods and user generated maps and missions.

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any updates, expansions, more missions planned in the future? I have a feeling this is kinda short. What about the idea of playing the main game campaign online with comrades? Was this idea scrapped?
I think on PC this will be richer thanks to mods and user generated maps and missions.
We're supposed to get an idea of dlc for next year sometime this year idk when
So far all we know is noct and the Bros will be playable at some point(ppl speculate after episode ignis is released next month)

Main campaign thing you talking about was simply you being able to use your avatar in the main campaign

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this was a standalone thing as I would throw down $20-$30 to mess with it.

Reminds me of white knight chronicles for better or worse on its online portion.

I'll wait for a Black Friday deal on 15 and scoop it up again to try this.

It is.

Just buy the season pass and you get access without the main game. It's in that price range, too.

Edit: apparently this isn't true, you need the game installed too. Well, damn :(

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
We're supposed to get an idea of dlc for next year sometime this year idk when
So far all we know is noct and the Bros will be playable at some point(ppl speculate after episode ignis is released next month)

Main campaign thing you talking about was simply you being able to use your avatar in the main campaign

Ah that sucks. I thought you could play main campaign online with 3 other friends using our custom characters. So this is like MGS5 then.

I mean if they allow us to play main game with our custom characters, they could allow us to play online with others. Or even better: what is the purpose of adding buddies in the game if you can't have a mode where you let others play with you online instead of AI ? This could work and worked in some RPGs like Borderlands.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
This looks much better than I had envisioned. Will be checking it out for sure. Got a buddy at work that has been waiting for this to drop, should be good times.