• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cactuar NPC's. That is amazing.

Is everyone aware that Kings Knight has an event where you can gain an outfit for Noctis, an audio track and a decal for the regalia in FFXV?

I downloaded it and started grinding for it. Might take a few days, but overall looks doable.
Yeah I had heard that. A few people I know already got the rewards, it's a grind, but doable.

Sadly my phone can no longer download anything on it, so I'm missing out. :p

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Here's all the new dialog from the Pocked Edition:

https://thelifestream.net/forums/showpost.php?p=777290&postcount=5101

Also someone apparently datamined the new Royal Edition trophies, quests, datalog files etc. from the PC Benchmark over the last few days and some of it was confirmed today through the new Comrades Update trailer:

[Spoiler warnings]
https://dizzymoogle.tumblr.com/post/170913525794/leak-about-royal-edition-spoiler

Royal Edition TROPHIES

Sea Captain/Maiden Voyage
Captained the royal vessel.

Whale Watching/Narwhal Watching
Encountered Bismarck.

Journalist/Pursuit of Knowledge

Filled 80% of the Datalog.

Offroad Racer/Speed Daemon
Posted excellent times in all cross-country test drives.

Power Within/The Power Within
Awakened to the True Power of Kings.

Tri-Headed
Defeated Cerberus.

Omega/Triumph Through the Dimensional Rift
Defeated Omega.

Blessed By All
Collected all the Royal Sigils.

Chocobreeder
Raised a chocobo to Level 99.

Beacons of Hope
Completed the Comrades quests with all four characters.

Royal Ed. Quest

For Regalia Type-D

Kings of the Off Road
Great Leiden Run
Duscaean Motor Challenge
Cross-Cleigne Safari

For the boat
Into Uncharted Territory
A Second Sea God

Quest photos probably related to the boat

Photo OP: Restaurant
Photo OP: Island
Photo OP: Chimney
Photo OP: Cape
Photo OP: Gate
Photo OP: Horizon

Cartanica Quest
Chocobaby Roundup

New quest for Ch 10
Caestino on Camera

There is also a quest to find lost chocobo chicks in the dungeon (Fodina Caestino) and another to take photos in the same dungeon (Fodina Caestino)

Three missing bases of Lucis
Relics of the Empire
Relics of the Empire: First Base
Relics of the Empire: Second Base
Relics of the Empire: Third Base

New Quest for Ch 14

The Cure for Insomnia

New quest for Comrades

the four bros
the remaining royal sigils
ifrit rematch
chocobo ranch in cape caem

A Gift from Cid
Glaive out of Time
Crown City Without a King

Some hidden files found in Benchmark say:

Iris Event, Ardyn Event and Weshkam event. (All for Comrades)

Other datamined stuff including datalog entries:
Research Log: M.E. 745-X-24th

Our expedition into Taelpar Crag produced some curious fruit: the wreckage of what appears to be an armament of antiquity. I have read many reports claiming the lost civilization of Solheim constructed magitek weapons to fell the gods, but to think that one would appear before my very eyes... Though it is damaged, I believe I can get it up and running.

Belle of the body shop at the Hammerhead Service Station.

Having lost her parents at a young age, Cindy grew up under her grizzled grandfather Cid's tutelage. She inherited his avid love for automobiles and quickly proved herself to be a more-than-capable mechanic. Her stellar reputation draws customers from all across the continent. No matter how terrible their automotive troubles, drivers come in for a tune-up and leave with a smile.

Melba Aurum was born into a prominent family in the old town of Keycatrich. She fell in love with Cid's son Mid Sophiar some thirty years ago, and the two were wed before long. Though she lost her home in the Great War, she gained something even greater through her marriage: a lovely daughter, Cindy. Sadly, however, time with her baby girl was cut short by a horde of daemons. The wicked creatures ambushed her car one night, claiming the lives of her and her husband and leaving Cindy an orphan.

Gift From Cid

Noctis receives a special delivery from Cid via Talcott: a mysterious key. True to form, however, Cid provides no specifics regarding its function, only noting it would provide access to "somethin' mighty handy." Eager to decode the meaning behind this cryptic message, Noctis and his friends set out to unlock the secret of the key. Head to the destination. The Regalia replica will not run out of gas. Ask Talcott to service the car when it is too damaged to drive.

- there's conversation with iris and gladio, looks like it could be on a phone because they did also put in new dialogue with iris in last update; looks like gladio hasn't told iris about what's gonna happen to noctis after he gets out of the crystal
- mentioned he found unused lines from early versions
- said some lines he found were been showing up in pocket edition videos, so maybe they'll be included (or they are part of unused dialogue).
- in the data, niflhem and tenebrae areas are named similar to the concept art of terraverde, implying it's the continent name.

- quest to upgrade to type d regalia involving needing to get offroad tires for cindy
- get parts that can enhance type d including damage later on
- race track things
- take the boat between galdin, caem, altissia
- can go fishing, bros prompt for fishing and shit. ignis gets a sushi recipe of his own design
- more quest things with prompto for photos kinda
- need keys to get around insomnia
- get files for the book thing with omega weapon

Source (thanks to Mognet's Storm!): http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-667#post-58188

***UPDATE 1***

More datamined stuff including Versus-related data (thanks again to Mognet's Storm who's been talking to the leaker in the last days and collecting this info):
- one of the bases in chapter 14 is the Kingsglave HQ, if i understood it right
- ignis datalog description mention he's from the House Scientia, a well-known family of royal retainers
- new weapons and recipes for comrades
- theres data from platinum demo, mistery disk and even monster of the deep lol
- he found data about Versus XIII, stella was mentioned and a ninja village (apparently nothing big just programming info).

I assume the ninja village is related to the ninja characters that Roberto Ferrari once mentioned being scrapped and into which Umbra was supposed to turn into for his human form:

As a reminder here's Umbra's scrapped human form:

M8K9S4V.jpg

Also:
Also from the leak (seriously, massive fucking spoiler that hasn't been posted here yet AFAIK. I mean it.)

Luna joins the party in Insomnia to fight a horde of demons.

***UPDATE 2***

The person who did most of this datamining made a thread on Reddit with a lot of the new character datalog info in the Royal Edition:

https://pastebin.com/atqUNVTC

https://pastebin.com/CLJtvbze

One interesting update on Drautos/Glauca from that info:

***UPDATE 3***

Possibly new or maybe cut dialog in some of the chapters including in chapter 10:

https://pastebin.com/P0grZHWP

Last edited:

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017

Also someone apparently datamined the new Royal Edition trophies, quests, datalog files etc. from the PC Benchmark over the last few days and some of it was confirmed today through the new Comrades Update trailer:

[Spoiler warnings]
https://dizzymoogle.tumblr.com/post/170913525794/leak-about-royal-edition-spoiler

Royal Edition TROPHIES

Encountered Bismarck.

Tri-Headed
Defeated Cerberus.

Defeated Omega.

Blessed By All

Chocobreeder

Beacons of Hope

Royal Ed. Quest

For Regalia Type-D

Kings of the Off Road
Great Leiden Run
Duscaean Motor Challenge
Cross-Cleigne Safari

For the boat
Into Uncharted Territory
A Second Sea God

Cartanica Quest
Chocobaby Roundup

New quest for Ch 10
Caestino on Camera

There is also a quest to find lost chocobo chicks in the dungeon (Fodina Caestino) and another to take photos in the same dungeon (Fodina Caestino)

Relics of the Empire

New Quest for Ch 14

The Cure for Insomnia

New quest for Comrades

the four bros
ifrit rematch

A Gift from Cid
Glaive out of Time

So, with
Bismarck... do you think there will be more to it, or will it just be a "sighting" out in the sea? I hope there is something more to it.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the boat
Into Uncharted Territory
A Second Sea God

Cartanica Quest
Chocobaby Roundup

New quest for Ch 10
Caestino on Camera

Relics of the Empire

New Quest for Ch 14

The Cure for Insomnia
Nice!

Wonder what those "missing bases of lucis" are. Are they those you need to get flying Regalia or something else? Second sea god also seems interesting. It's then confirmed there is more to do in that "train section" with additions to Cartanica. Few weeks still to go!

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
based on those trophies, I'm interested to see the new quests and dungeon stuff. Can't wait. Also interested to see how much the boat mechanic will bring.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So, with
Bismarck... do you think there will be more to it, or will it just be a "sighting" out in the sea? I hope there is something more to it.
Nice!

Wonder what those "missing bases of lucis" are. Are they those you need to get flying Regalia or something else? Second sea god also seems interesting. It's then confirmed there is more to do in that "train section" with additions to Cartanica. Few weeks still to go!
No clue. Btw, check my edit - added another batch.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Got a question about outfits/costumes that might be a bit of a spoiler.

I think its a spoiler but the royal edition trailer showed it off so I'm not sure?

Seems like theres some sort of time skip in the game at some point where Noctis' character design gets a badass upgrade.

Does any of the DLC that comes with the royal edition allow you to play with the Punished Noctis look from the start? It is so much better and might be the first FF male protagonist design I genuinely love.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think its a spoiler but the royal edition trailer showed it off so I'm not sure?

Seems like theres some sort of time skip in the game at some point where Noctis' character design gets a badass upgrade.

Does any of the DLC that comes with the royal edition allow you to play with the Punished Noctis look from the start? It is so much better and might be the first FF male protagonist design I genuinely love.

Nope, you can't play as Noctis in any of the DLC

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

Yup, a timeskip later on. Technically it's the first thing you see in the game during the short cold open though.

No, none of the DLC lets you play as him, but you play as him in the last chapters of the game. However, they just showed that you can use his face and hair as a base look for your customized character in the Comrades Multiplayer Expansion after the update coming in March, so technically you can play "as him" in that DLC then :D

And yesssss, this is absolutely the best character design in the series. Old Gladio is great too though.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

WezxQX8.jpg

DfiIZGD.png

tumblr_ohv132W4Ys1u1zu7do2_500.png

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

[Spoiler warnings]

Royal Edition TROPHIES

Encountered Bismarck.

Tri-Headed
Defeated Cerberus.

Defeated Omega.

Blessed By All

Chocobreeder

Beacons of Hope

Royal Ed. Quest

For Regalia Type-D

Kings of the Off Road
Great Leiden Run
Duscaean Motor Challenge
Cross-Cleigne Safari

For the boat
Into Uncharted Territory
A Second Sea God

Cartanica Quest
Chocobaby Roundup

New quest for Ch 10
Caestino on Camera

Relics of the Empire

New Quest for Ch 14

The Cure for Insomnia

New quest for Comrades

the four bros
ifrit rematch

A Gift from Cid
Glaive out of Time

Other datamined stuff including datalog entries:
Research Log: M.E. 745-X-24th

Our expedition into Taelpar Crag produced some curious fruit: the wreckage of what appears to be an armament of antiquity. I have read many reports claiming the lost civilization of Solheim constructed magitek weapons to fell the gods, but to think that one would appear before my very eyes... Though it is damaged, I believe I can get it up and running.

Belle of the body shop at the Hammerhead Service Station.

Having lost her parents at a young age, Cindy grew up under her grizzled grandfather Cid's tutelage. She inherited his avid love for automobiles and quickly proved herself to be a more-than-capable mechanic. Her stellar reputation draws customers from all across the continent. No matter how terrible their automotive troubles, drivers come in for a tune-up and leave with a smile.

Melba Aurum was born into a prominent family in the old town of Keycatrich. She fell in love with Cid's son Mid Sophiar some thirty years ago, and the two were wed before long. Though she lost her home in the Great War, she gained something even greater through her marriage: a lovely daughter, Cindy. Sadly, however, time with her baby girl was cut short by a horde of daemons. The wicked creatures ambushed her car one night, claiming the lives of her and her husband and leaving Cindy an orphan.

Gift From Cid

Noctis receives a special delivery from Cid via Talcott: a mysterious key. True to form, however, Cid provides no specifics regarding its function, only noting it would provide access to "somethin' mighty handy." Eager to decode the meaning behind this cryptic message, Noctis and his friends set out to unlock the secret of the key. Head to the destination. The Regalia replica will not run out of gas. Ask Talcott to service the car when it is too damaged to drive.

- there's conversation with iris and gladio, looks like it could be on a phone because they did also put in new dialogue with iris in last update; looks like gladio hasn't told iris about what's gonna happen to noctis after he gets out of the crystal
- mentioned he found unused lines from early versions
- said some lines he found were been showing up in pocket edition videos, so maybe they'll be included (or they are part of unused dialogue).
- in the data, niflhem and tenebrae areas are named similar to the concept art of terraverde, implying it's the continent name.

- quest to upgrade to type d regalia involving needing to get offroad tires for cindy
- get parts that can enhance type d including damage later on
- race track things
- take the boat between galdin, caem, altissia
- can go fishing, bros prompt for fishing and shit. ignis gets a sushi recipe of his own design
- more quest things with prompto for photos kinda
- need keys to get around insomnia
- get files for the book thing with omega weapon

Source (thanks to Mognet's Storm!): http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-667#post-58188
It really does seem like the update/royal pack on March 6th has more to it than just what was in the trailer so that is nice.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
Also from the leak (seriously, massive fucking spoiler that hasn't been posted here yet AFAIK. I mean it.)

Luna joins the party in Insomnia to fight a horde of demons.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Is everyone aware that Kings Knight has an event where you can gain an outfit for Noctis, an audio track and a decal for the regalia in FFXV?

I downloaded it and started grinding for it. Might take a few days, but overall looks doable.

Thanks! Hadn't heard about this. I'm a completionist for DLC in FF games so I have to do this I guess.

Is there a complete list of XV's various DLCs, like weapons, outfits, etc.?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

GODDAMNIT.

Speaking of mobile tie-ins. Nothing ever came out of that Justice Monsters V one right?

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, more racing trophies

Oh no
More bouncy psychics fun times! :D

I've been trying to get the trophy for those three Prompto races and it's kind of terrible. I can't even get three stars on the first race...

GODDAMNIT.

Speaking of mobile tie-ins. Nothing ever came out of that Justice Monsters V one right?
I forgot about that. A quick search brought up that it was around for a few months before support ended for it on March 27 of last year.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Hadn't heard about this. I'm a completionist for DLC in FF games so I have to do this I guess.

Is there a complete list of XV's various DLCs, like weapons, outfits, etc.?
I don't know but if you're wondering about other tie ins you might have missed, I think this and the assassins creed ones are the only ones.
GODDAMNIT.

Nope other than the fun of playing it!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could play on PC, mine ran the benchmark like dogshit though so I'm going with PS4.

Imagine people will come up with some pretty cool costumes though.

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Got around to fighting Aranea at camp. In whatever Tabata is working on, I hope his team has more people-sized bosses. I think they design those better.

Deleted member 8117

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited to see more of the Royal Edition because right now I don't know how to feel about it.

Stuff like the new Regalia and Ghost Luna feels thematically inappropriate more than anything. I'm excited for new story content and to see more of the characters but I'm worried they're gonna fuck up the story on a thematic level in the process.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm excited to see more of the Royal Edition because right now I don't know how to feel about it.

Stuff like the new Regalia and Ghost Luna feels thematically inappropriate more than anything. I'm excited for new story content and to see more of the characters but I'm worried they're gonna fuck up the story on a thematic level in the process.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

Hmmm?

Ghost Luna shows up several times in the story. Even Ravus states in Episode Ignis "Even in death the Oracle does not rest."

Thematically, Luna showing up and/or helping has always been a thing.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Regalia getting a "replica" made by Cid is again something that feels perfectly fine, I mentioned this before but it's like even after the Going Merry died in One Piece it still got to "live on" in a sense through the Thousand Sunny plus the mini Merry. With Cid being the oldest person alive familiar with the Regalia it feels thematically appropriate that he'd be the one to gift that to Noctis.

As for Luna, it's like PsychoNinja says, Luna appearing as a ghost is thematically consistent with what she did within the main game, as is the concept of dead royalty having magic powers that affect the physical world, ie the Lucii. And Luna being the Oracle plus Tenebrae royalty gives her that connection.

I mean the Armiger itself is called Phantom Sword in the Japanese version and any ability tied to it is noted as a "Phantom _____" for whatever they are, that includes the Trident of the Oracle.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8117

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm?

Ghost Luna shows up several times in the story. Even Ravus states in Episode Ignis "Even in death the Oracle does not rest."

Thematically, Luna showing up and/or helping has always been a thing.

Did she? The only instances I remember are chapter 12, which can be interpreted as a hallucination of Noctis, and Chapter 14, which can be interpreted as a hallucination of Ardyn. And even if they were real, she didn't have any lines in them nor did she interacted with Noctis, which is pretty important and different from having her as a party member for reasons I'll explain in the next spoiler.

The Regalia getting a "replica" made by Cid is again something that feels perfectly fine, I mentioned this before but it's like even after the Going Merry died in One Piece it still got to "live on" in a sense through the Thousand Sunny plus the mini Merry. With Cid being the oldest person alive familiar with the Regalia it feels thematically appropriate that he'd be the one to gift that to Noctis.

As for Luna, it's like PsychoNinja says, Luna appearing as a ghost is thematically consistent with what she did within the main game, as is the concept of dead royalty having magic powers that affect the physical world, ie the Lucii. And Luna being the Oracle plus Tenebrae royalty gives her that connection.

I mean the Armiger itself is called Phantom Sword in the Japanese version and any ability tied to it is noted as a "Phantom _____" for whatever they are, that includes the Trident of the Oracle.

What you explained is that they work with the lore and the rules of the world, which I have no doubts about. What I'm worrying about is the more abstract themes that might be lost in transition.

To explain, I'm not a One Piece fan, but the point of the Regalia is that it symbolize Regis's relationship with Noctis. Its death in chapter 13, on a thematic level, means the training wheels are off, that Noctis is losing his last tie with his s father to finally become a king. This point is enforced more by the rest od the chapter being about Noctis struggling with his demons, deciding to wear the ring, and canonicaly getting the last of the royal arms. The death of the Regalia was the stepping stone for Noctis to become the King of Light. Getting another Regalia after all of that takes aways from this, imo.

As for Luna, one of my favorite things about FFXV is how Noctis and Luna failed to meet each other as adults no matter how hard they tried. That's what make the final scene powerful, that in their death, they finally became together. Something they never managed in their life.

Noctis interacting with Ghost Luna, fighting along side her, having conversations, etc. gonna absolutely ruin the punch of that imo. The ending just loses most of its weight that way.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did she? The only instances I remember are chapter 12, which can be interpreted as a hallucination of Noctis, and Chapter 14, which can be interpreted as a hallucination of Ardyn. And even if they were real, she didn't have any lines in them nor did she interacted with Noctis, which is pretty important and different from having her as a party member for reasons I'll explain in the next spoiler.

What you explained is that they work with the lore and the rules of the world, which I have no doubts about. What I'm worrying about is the more abstract themes that might be lost in transition.

To explain, I'm not a One Piece fan, but the point of the Regalia is that it symbolize Regis's relationship with Noctis. Its death in chapter 13, on a thematic level, means the training wheels are off, that Noctis is losing his last tie with his s father to finally become a king. This point is enforced more by the rest od the chapter being about Noctis struggling with his demons, deciding to wear the ring, and canonicaly getting the last of the royal arms. The death of the Regalia was the stepping stone for Noctis to become the King of Light. Getting another Regalia after all of that takes aways from this, imo.

As for Luna, one of my favorite things about FFXV is how Noctis and Luna failed to meet each other as adults no matter how hard they tried. That's what make the final scene powerful, that in their death, they finally became together. Something they never managed in their life.

Noctis interacting with Ghost Luna, fighting along side her, having conversations, etc. gonna absolutely ruin the punch of that imo. The ending just loses most of its weight that way.
I agree with you on ch13 being about Noctis's loss, and true the regalia dying was one of the last pushes before he starting accepting his kingly responsibility, but I see chapter 14 as Noctis regaining what was lost or what was taken from him, and Cid giving him a replica regalia of his own feels like it goes towards that sense of regaining what was lost while retaining the growth he gained from the initial loss.

As for Luna, also true her being taken right as they were within reach was tragic, but her death also has her saying that she'll always be there to watch over Noctis, and given her calling extends through death I feel we don't lose any of that tragic sense by having her ghost interact with Noctis and doing stuff, imo it respects that while giving a fleeting moment for them to interact prior to Noctis's death. That and it would adress probably the most common complaint regarding her in that we barely see any interaction between the two.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Just started Chapter 3 after 27 hours of playtime and man, these Magitek dropships are annoying as hell. I wouldn't mind them appearing every so often but every single battle I get in, a dropship appears. Go on a hunt and start fighting the monsters? Troopers drop down in the middle of it. Driving along and see a new enemy creature off the side of the road? Get out of the car, start attacking, dropship time. Every single battle since opening up the map at the beginning of chapter three has had a dropship appear. It's frustrating because all of my strategy and combo-ing just gets thrown out the window when they swarm me and the monsters I'm attacking and I just equip my Drain Lance II or Blade of Brennaere and start making wide arcing swings in between spamming Gladio's Tempest.
Just googled to see if the dropships ever stop or become less frequent or confined to specific areas only to find out they don't stop even after beating the game. That news certainly makes it harder to want to keep doing sidequests and farming/grinding.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Just started Chapter 3 after 27 hours of playtime and man, these Magitek dropships are annoying as hell. I wouldn't mind them appearing every so often but every single battle I get in, a dropship appears. Go on a hunt and start fighting the monsters? Troopers drop down in the middle of it. Driving along and see a new enemy creature off the side of the road? Get out of the car, start attacking, dropship time. Every single battle since opening up the map at the beginning of chapter three has had a dropship appear. It's frustrating because all of my strategy and combo-ing just gets thrown out the window when they swarm me and the monsters I'm attacking and I just equip my Drain Lance II or Blade of Brennaere and start making wide arcing swings in between spamming Gladio's Tempest.
Just googled to see if the dropships ever stop or become less frequent or confined to specific areas only to find out they don't stop even after beating the game. That news certainly makes it harder to want to keep doing sidequests and farming/grinding.
I really don't remember this being a big issue back when I was playing. But this is not the first I hear this complaint, did anyone notice an increase in Matitek dropships recently?

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling that if they make Iris, Aranea or Cor playable that they'd use the Comrades moveset for Melee, Polearms and Katana respectively, and just with something else on Triangle instead of Warpstrike.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I just got the last trophy for Comrades. I'm still struggling with the missions where I have to protect a target, everything does so quickly!

I'll wait till the March update to tackle those along with the rest of the new trophies. Currently at level 42. I wonder if they'll up the max level to 99. I hope not but I think they will.

Deleted member 8117

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I agree with you on ch13 being about Noctis's loss, and true the regalia dying was one of the last pushes before he starting accepting his kingly responsibility, but I see chapter 14 as Noctis regaining what was lost or what was taken from him, and Cid giving him a replica regalia of his own feels like it goes towards that sense of regaining what was lost while retaining the growth he gained from the initial loss.

As for Luna, also true her being taken right as they were within reach was tragic, but her death also has her saying that she'll always be there to watch over Noctis, and given her calling extends through death I feel we don't lose any of that tragic sense by having her ghost interact with Noctis and doing stuff, imo it respects that while giving a fleeting moment for them to interact prior to Noctis's death. That and it would adress probably the most common complaint regarding her in that we barely see any interaction between the two.

Your point about Chapter 14 and the Regalia is valid. It convinced me that they can deal with the matter elegantly. It will be a matter of execution, then.

Still not sold on the Luna thing. The criticism about them not interacting always seemed to me like missing the point, and I'm not sure addressing it was the right move. I guess we'll wait and see.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
More datamined stuff including Versus-related data (thanks again to Mognet's Storm who's been talking to the leaker in the last days and collecting this info):
- one of the bases in chapter 14 is the Kingsglave HQ, if i understood it right
- ignis datalog description mention he's from the House Scientia, a well-known family of royal retainers
- new weapons and recipes for comrades
- theres data from platinum demo, mistery disk and even monster of the deep lol
- he found data about Versus XIII, stella was mentioned and a ninja village (apparently nothing big just programming info).

I assume the ninja village is related to the ninja characters that Roberto Ferrari once mentioned being scrapped and into which Umbra was supposed to turn into for his human form:

M8K9S4V.jpg

Last edited:

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

M8K9S4V.jpg
Interesting, apparently there is also some unused audio as well, btw there is also mention of
Glauca and a forest boss mission.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the Kings Knight items!

I have no interest in playing the game any more than getting the Noctis outfit and the other DLC, but Ive got to say, the way they handled 'playing with Noctis and the bros' was pretty cool. It kinda did feel like you were playing with them as thh played Kings Knight. Was fun. But yeah all deleted now.

Deleted member 8117

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think we shouldn't get our expectations so high just yet. The data-mining leaks are exciting and all but most of it might end up as unused old material or things for future updates. I think at this point we should just assume that the Royal Edition will be just what they advertised along with one or two surprises.

Hopefully we'll get a second trailer (and a price tag) that clarify things soon.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Hey everyone, can you help clarify the whole FF XV experience for me please?

The digital edition is on sale on PSN at the moment pretty cheap, with season pass included. So I'm interested in buying it, however...every now and then I read about a huge patch that is released with drastic changes or improvements to this game, so I've held off from buying it. I usually don't play games a second time, certainly not epics like this, so if I play it I want the 'complete' experience.

In your opinion, is this game...you know...finished? Or are you expecting more big changes added to the game this year?

Also, what's with the royal edition? Should I just wait and get that instead of the digital edition?

Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, can you help clarify the whole FF XV experience for me please?

The digital edition is on sale on PSN at the moment pretty cheap, with season pass included. So I'm interested in buying it, however...every now and then I read about a huge patch that is released with drastic changes or improvements to this game, so I've held off from buying it. I usually don't play games a second time, certainly not epics like this, so if I play it I want the 'complete' experience.

In your opinion, is this game...you know...finished? Or are you expecting more big changes added to the game this year?

Also, what's with the royal edition? Should I just wait and get that instead of the digital edition?

Thanks for the help.
Royal Edition/Windows Edition is the re-release coming March 6 for $50. It includes the base game, the Season Pass, and the Royal Pack which consists of new content like a new dungeon and new bosses, a new combat mechanic, a first-person mode, a drivable boat, apparently a bunch of new quests going by info datamined from the recent PC Benchmark, and assumedly it also has new, seemingly significant cutscenes in the last chapter, but it's not yet clarified if the story updates are locked behind the Royal Edition/Pack or if they come through a free patch for everyone like the other story updates so far.

The Royal Pack can also be bought separately to upgrade your base game with the new content from the Royal Edition, but the price hasn't been determined yet - I guess it will be $10-15. I assume you're talking about the Digital Premium Edition that includes the Season Pass, no? How much is that right now? Depending on the price you could buy that now and get the separate Royal Pack next month and it might be a bit less than the $50 of the Royal Edition.

I would wait until the Royal Edition is out before starting to play since it's only two weeks now and that will be the current best version of the game with new content. However they also promised more story updates throughout this year and also around 3 new pieces of DLC.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I would wait until the Royal Edition is out before starting to play since it's only two weeks now and that will be the current best version of the game with new content. However they also promised more story updates throughout this year and also around 3 new pieces of DLC.

Thanks for the info! I'll probably wait a little while longer and go for the Royal edition then. I've got Monster Hunter World next on my backlog so that'll last me a while. Kind of astonishing how they keep adding stuff to this game. But I guess it's to be expected considering the era we live in.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info! I'll probably wait a little while longer and go for the Royal edition then. I've got Monster Hunter World next on my backlog so that'll last me a while. Kind of astonishing how they keep adding stuff to this game. But I guess it's to be expected considering the era we live in.
Here's a list of changes since launch if you're interested and at the bottom there are explanations from the dev team why they're working on this game for so long. It's basically a mix of wanting to treat this like a GaaS that makes fans play the game for longer and keep coming back and also surely a pride thing as the team has been aware of the negative feedback on the narrative issues and wants to improve the game as much as possible:
If you haven't followed the post-launch updates, these are the biggest changes so far (here's a complete official list, btw):

The Royal Edition/Windows Edition adds a new dungeon and new bosses in the last chapter, a new Armiger combat mechanic, a first-person mode, a drivable boat, and significant story changes to the last chapter.

Character-switching was added in the December patch.

There's off-road driving now since June:
2eVwFDG.gif

And there's a new battle mechanic called Cross Chain (QTE combo attacks with the whole party) since July:

yYaTdqc.gif

Source.

And you can now accept multiple hunts at once since the November patch. Then they added a Bestiary and Chapter Select in August.

Also a new playable section with Gladio in Chapter 13 (20min-ish, including a few new cutscenes), plus they increased the ring's power to make the whole chapter less frustrating (you can even skip Noctis' most-disliked section by finishing Gladio's new route and then when it switches back to Noctis it will skip the middle part.

Since September there are new cutscenes in Chapter 12 (explaining the gods' lore and extending a scene with Luna and Gentiana).

If you're interested, here's a bit of background on their decision to keep working on the game even a year after release:

Improving The Game

Most fans' biggest complaints have already been addressed, from the problematic chapter 13 to the addition of New Game Plus. However, Tabata and his team feel there's room for improvement and even new features left to implement. One of his biggest goals in the next year is to add more to the story and lore. "There is still something missing, not quite satisfactory yet, in the way the story explains itself and the information you get there - that's what I think I need to still focus on," Tabata says. As to what this entails, Tabata said he wants to go deeper into the background of some characters and their personalities alongside explaining more about Eos itself. "There's more of a backstory to this world that this game takes place in than [the game] had," he says.

Tabata also couldn't help teasing more than just story enhancements. "There's also one other thing - a completely new gameplay experience I want to provide to players of XV as well. I can't tell you what that is yet, though. We're currently trashing through the plans for that and getting it into shape, so we can announce exactly what that is at the beginning of next year."

He also clarified more regarding future DLC. "The important thing is [that] we want to release DLC that's closely linked to the main game - the main story - and has a strong influence on that, rather than something somewhat peripheral and unrelated. That's the kind of content we're looking at."

1. Tabata and the dev team has been thinking if it's really okay to just let it ''end'' with Episode Ignis. With the survey that was done earlier this year, taking in the feedback of the players, everyone including Tabata, Ofuji and the development team thought about what they should do. FFXV has been to many different events all throughout the world and Tabata has been to each of them, meeting and talking to the fans. He asked what they liked, what they wanted and what they disliked. He thanks to all those that supported him and he says that after speaking to everyone, the biggest voice was ''Please don't let it end there'' and ''We want you to continue''. The demand for a bigger expanded story was big. Tabata wants to respond to these demands from the fans. They want to continue expanding the game through 2018 next year. He clarifies that as a company there are set plans and schedules and changing them is difficult. He apologizes that as a developer, their goal is to create new games. And he states that BD2 already has finalized their next big project [new IP, not a new FF!], considering that, they thought about how they could balance this and continue to support FFXV next year. After after overcoming many obstacles and changing the structure of the development team, they are able to say that they are able to continue development next year.
  2. They already have plans for what to accomplish next year and that is delivering on what fans want most. They will continue to and further development the story, filling up missing information.
  3. It's not going as far as a sequel, but it's about the strengthening of the existing game and story. Tabata acknowledges that there were lacking aspects of the game. Not just the back stories of the characters or character development, but also with the world and lore as the world itself has a story of it's own. They have received much feedback on these fronts as well as in the survey and they worked hard until now to create a development structure to be able to deliver with everything we got. And again now, they are able to say, that this will be happening.

They are aware of the narrative issues and the reception and want to improve it:
GR: ONE OF THE NEWEST UPDATES WILL "FILL IN PLOT HOLES." DID ANYONE NOTICE THOSE PLOT HOLES IN DEVELOPMENT, AND IT WAS JUST TOO LATE TO TURN BACK? AT WHAT POINT DID YOU NOTICE THOSE?

TABATA: While developing the game, up until release, we didn't have that awareness. It was hard to see (things that required more explanation). What we valued most highly was that core experience of goin gon a journey with your friends. In order to realize that, we wanted to have enough content in there to make it feel right and to feel like that works. We were more worried about, "If that's the full 100%, how much is that is story, combat, the adventure?"

We put everything we had into it. We put our lives on the line. We were like madmen just trying to complete the game. At that time, we just couldn't see outside of that, just had to focus on getting the game out. Obviously, after we released the game, we started getting feedback, and then we started to realize maybe some things weren't as fully explained as they could've been.

GR: SO USER FEEDBACK PLAYED A PART IN NOTICING SOME OF THOSE (PLOT HOLES)?

TABATA: User feedback was important, but it was also important for us to take that step back and take a look at what we'd made, as well. To complete a game, you've got to make the decision at some point, to say, "No, that's where we have to stop." You're going to face that issue. There's no team out there that completed a game and didn't have any regrets -- that thinks what they've put out is perfect.

Looking back, we see things and think we could've, but, no we [had so much going on that we] couldn't have put them in. You only see after you've completed (development of) the game.

Going back and doing that was a really great opportunity and learning experience for us. I'm very glad that we made that decision.