• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting, apparently there is also some unused audio as well, btw there is also mention of
Glauca and a forest boss mission.
uu9pmDP.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is Comrades pretty good?

Last thing I would have expected out of this game was an online expansion with a create a character.

Sounds great but wondering how much depth it actually has.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Comrades pretty good?

Last thing I would have expected out of this game was an online expansion with a create a character.

Sounds great but wondering how much depth it actually has.

It's grindy at points, and has too many loading screens. I personally didn't like the "Mission based" structure whereby they'd just dump you into an environment of enemies. It would have been cool if it retained the Open-World aspect where you could at least walk/drive/fly to your mission if you wanted. There were some awesome hunts though, especially the ones with lots of flying enemies. Character creator is out of this world good. The cut-scenes don't add a lot to the game, although they were nice. There was one addition that ret-conned a scene in the game a bit which made very little sense to me.

Anyhow, I think it's worth your time if you want more FFXV. But part of what made FFXV what it was is the 4 bros which aren't really there(at least not in the version I played! However this latest trailer may remedy some of that).

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Here's a list of changes since launch if you're interested and at the bottom there are explanations from the dev team why they're working on this game for so long.

That list is insane. Open world RPG launches without even off-road driving? What.

I've played almost every FF game that came out, so it's been incredibly frustrating for me to wait this long to play the next instalment. I don't really like what's happened to the franchise. I didn't mind FFXIII but the sequels to it were trash, and now this messy release. Yeesh. Well, people seem to like the game itself, so hopefully I'm in for a decent experience whenever I get round to playing it...

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That list is insane. Open world RPG launches without even off-road driving? What.

I've played almost every FF game that came out, so it's been incredibly frustrating for me to wait this long to play the next instalment. I don't really like what's happened to the franchise. I didn't mind FFXIII but the sequels to it were trash, and now this messy release. Yeesh. Well, people seem to like the game itself, so hopefully I'm in for a decent experience whenever I get round to playing it...
I'd rather have a game that they take the time to improve, than have FF13 which is forever a dirty stain on the franchise.

And it had off road chocobos. In what universe is an off road car a staple of open world games?

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question from someone who's considering picking this up while it's on sale - all the trailers and most of the gameplay I've seen have basically involved either driving around or real-time action fights with big monsters, is that what the game's mostly about? Are there still quests and more traditional FF RPG elements? The game looks great, and I'd be willing to give it a go, but I can't tell how much of a departure from previous games this is. Is it similar to the Witcher in that there are quests and story things to do, but you also fight monsters and that along the way? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question!

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Whenever I stop and think about the sheer amount of content the game has at this point with all the additions and DLC...

It makes me real excited to start a clean New Game in March and marvel at just how expansive the game is at that point. 100GB, yes, but within that size is just an extraordinary amount of content. Hats off to my friends at BD2.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question from someone who's considering picking this up while it's on sale - all the trailers and most of the gameplay I've seen have basically involved either driving around or real-time action fights with big monsters, is that what the game's mostly about? Are there still quests and more traditional FF RPG elements? The game looks great, and I'd be willing to give it a go, but I can't tell how much of a departure from previous games this is. Is it similar to the Witcher in that there are quests and story things to do, but you also fight monsters and that along the way? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question!
That depends on what you mean by traditional FF RPG elements...

I did write out an answer for you, but actually without knowing what you mean by this I don't know what to say.

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I stop and think about the sheer amount of content the game has at this point with all the additions and DLC...

It makes me real excited to start a clean New Game in March and marvel at just how expansive the game is at that point. 100GB, yes, but within that size is just an extraordinary amount of content. Hats off to my friends at BD2.
I'm planning to start a clean New Game too, and not a New Game +. But honestly, I'm scared I'm going to rush through the game just to see whatever they add to ch. 14, because I'm 100% sure the spoilers will be everywhere this time, and the content they're supposedly adding seems big.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That depends on what you mean by traditional FF RPG elements...

I did write out an answer for you, but actually without knowing what you mean by this I don't know what to say.
Sorry, I'm probably not explaining myself well, I know there are Chocobos and Cid and little trademarks of the series, but I'm thinking more about the gameplay elements. Essentially is more of the focus on driving around and fighting monsters in the open world, or is it on talking to NPCs, investigating something, collecting items and performing tasks in locations and more story-driven?

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I'm probably not explaining myself well, I know there are Chocobos and Cid and little trademarks of the series, but I'm thinking more about the gameplay elements. Essentially is more of the focus on driving around and fighting monsters in the open world, or is it on talking to NPCs, investigating something, collecting items and performing tasks in locations and more story-driven?
Definitely the former I'm afraid. It's why I'm looking forward to New Game+ so much, because it'll be a much more focused, story driven experience.

If you're looking for a game that feels like older FFs you'll be disappointed. If you go in with an open mind you'll have a great time. Its a really great game, but its a complete change.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the data for the Versus part. I took it from here
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-678#post-58420

VS1RTE_CHOCOBOFALL VS1_RTE_FOG VS1_RTE_RAIN VS1_RTE_CLOUD VS1_RTE_RAMUH VS1_RTE_SNEAKING VS1_INT_NEWSPAPER VS1_QUE_LUNCHTIME VS1_QUE_CARCHASE VS1_QUE_GARULA VS1_QUE_ADAMAN VS1_CAR_SLEEP VS1_ADV_HAMMERHEAD VS1_ADV_BOWHEAD VS1_ADV_WASTELAND VS1_ADV_NIHILBASE VS1_ADV_CHECKPOINT VS1_ADV_ADAMANTOWN VS1_ADV_SHINIGAMI VS1_ADV_CAVE VS1_ADV_JUNGLE VS1_BLU_SEEDCANNON VS1_FAS_GAR VS1_FAS_BAT VS1_FAS_MES VS1_FAS_NUT VS1_FAS_SCO VS1_FAS_CRA VS1_FAS_HYE VS1_FAS_NIH VS1_HIT_GAR VS1_HIT_BAT VS1_HIT_CRA VS1_DAM_NIH VS1_RTE_CHOCOBOSMELL VS1_RTE_DAWN VS1_RTE_NIGHTMONSTER VS1_CAR_COFFEE VS1_ADV_NIHILTOWER VS1_MET_MES VS1_MET_SCO VS1_MET_CRA VS1_MET_HYE VS1_MAS_NIH VS1_ADV_COTTAGE VS1_BLU_SUICIDE VS1_ADV_CAVEHOLE VS1_ADV_HELL VS1_RTE_PURIN VS1_RTE_TREASURE VS1_RTE_GOLD VS1_RTE_UMA VS1_RTE_SNAIL VS1_ADV_CAVEEXIT VS1_INT_CAT VS1_INT_SHOP VS1_INT_GRA01 VS1_INT_PRO01 VS1_INT_IGN01 VS1_INT_COL01 VS1_BTL_GRA01 VS1_BTL_PRO01 VS1_INT_CHAIR VS1_HIT_MANY VS1_HIT_MANYMANY VS1_KIL_MANY VS1_KIL_MANYMANY VS1_DAM_MANY VS1_DAM_MANYMANY VS1_SKL_SWO_FINISH VS1_SKL_LAR_FINISH VS1RTESTELLA VS1_RTE_LIGHTOFTHEDEADVS1CUT_NIHILARMY VS1_WIN_BEHEMOTH VS1_CUT_GLAUCA VS1_RTE_JUNKSHOP VS1_ADV_CAMPINGCAR VS1_RTE_ACORDIAPRODUCT VS1_RTE_ACORDIANEWS VS1_RTE_LEVIATHANLEGEND VS1_RTE_ACTIONSTAR VS1_RTE_CATTHERAPY VS1_RTE_STATUE VS1_RTE_NOMADSTENT VS1_RTE_GRAVEVISIT VS1_RTE_WEIRDSHOP VS1_ADV_NINJAVILLAGE VS1_BTL_GRA02 VS1_HIT_IRO VS1_CUT_FRIENDLYFIRE VS1_RTE_CARSPEED VS1_RTE_CARHORN VS1_RTE_CHOCOBOJUMP VS1_RTE_3RDDAY VS1_INT_ITEM

second one is audio data

TEST_1 music_btl_demo01 music_btl_demo00 music_fld_demo01 TEST_2 TEST_MAP music_lusis1_b music_btl_demo02 music_lusis1_f FILED_LU_HOTEL music_btl_demo03 music_lusis2_f FILED_LU_CITY FILED_LU_CASTLE MISSION_LU_STELLA MISSION_LU_LUPUS1 MISSION_LU_LUPUS2 MISSION_LU_CASTLE1 MISSION_LU_CASTLE2 MISSION_LU_BEHEMOTH1 TEST_LU_CITY TEST_EVENT music_ev_demo00 TEST_DEMO_SET1 music_fld_demo00 TEST_DEMO_SET2 FILED_LU_HOTEL_PEACE FILED_LU_INFANCY FILED_LU_GATE FILED_LT_FOREST FILED_LT_HAMMER FILED_LU_HIGHWAY MISSION_LU_ARANEA MISSION_LU_BEHEMOTH2 WORLD_LT_1ST MISSION_LU_SHIPLAUNCH MISSION_LU_SHIPLAUNCH_ZAKO TEST_EI FILED_LU_LG FILED_AC_CITY music_fld_demo03 music_btl_demo05 music_fld_demo02 MISSION_AC_LEVIATHAN FILED_LU_LG_1 music_btl_demo04 FILED_LU_LG_2 MISSION_LT_FORESTBOSS MISSION_LU_GLAUCA FILED_LU_LG_3

I wonder if VS1 stands for Versus 1. Also regarding the Versus data

That Glauca/Forest boss sounds like the part in the beginning of Kingsglaive where Regis fights with Glauca. I wonder if this was playable at one point. Also, in an early Versus trailer, there were some street and locations sights and one of them was saying Nihil-something so it may was Nihiltower, Ninjavillage sounds like the Kingsglaive that Ferrari described (more ninja like). as Koozek already said

Don't even know why i spoiler tag this since it won't be in Royal Edition but anyway.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the data for the Versus part. I took it from here
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-678#post-58420

VS1RTE_CHOCOBOFALL VS1_RTE_FOG VS1_RTE_RAIN VS1_RTE_CLOUD VS1_RTE_RAMUH VS1_RTE_SNEAKING VS1_INT_NEWSPAPER VS1_QUE_LUNCHTIME VS1_QUE_CARCHASE VS1_QUE_GARULA VS1_QUE_ADAMAN VS1_CAR_SLEEP VS1_ADV_HAMMERHEAD VS1_ADV_BOWHEAD VS1_ADV_WASTELAND VS1_ADV_NIHILBASE VS1_ADV_CHECKPOINT VS1_ADV_ADAMANTOWN VS1_ADV_SHINIGAMI VS1_ADV_CAVE VS1_ADV_JUNGLE VS1_BLU_SEEDCANNON VS1_FAS_GAR VS1_FAS_BAT VS1_FAS_MES VS1_FAS_NUT VS1_FAS_SCO VS1_FAS_CRA VS1_FAS_HYE VS1_FAS_NIH VS1_HIT_GAR VS1_HIT_BAT VS1_HIT_CRA VS1_DAM_NIH VS1_RTE_CHOCOBOSMELL VS1_RTE_DAWN VS1_RTE_NIGHTMONSTER VS1_CAR_COFFEE VS1_ADV_NIHILTOWER VS1_MET_MES VS1_MET_SCO VS1_MET_CRA VS1_MET_HYE VS1_MAS_NIH VS1_ADV_COTTAGE VS1_BLU_SUICIDE VS1_ADV_CAVEHOLE VS1_ADV_HELL VS1_RTE_PURIN VS1_RTE_TREASURE VS1_RTE_GOLD VS1_RTE_UMA VS1_RTE_SNAIL VS1_ADV_CAVEEXIT VS1_INT_CAT VS1_INT_SHOP VS1_INT_GRA01 VS1_INT_PRO01 VS1_INT_IGN01 VS1_INT_COL01 VS1_BTL_GRA01 VS1_BTL_PRO01 VS1_INT_CHAIR VS1_HIT_MANY VS1_HIT_MANYMANY VS1_KIL_MANY VS1_KIL_MANYMANY VS1_DAM_MANY VS1_DAM_MANYMANY VS1_SKL_SWO_FINISH VS1_SKL_LAR_FINISH VS1RTESTELLA VS1_RTE_LIGHTOFTHEDEADVS1CUT_NIHILARMY VS1_WIN_BEHEMOTH VS1_CUT_GLAUCA VS1_RTE_JUNKSHOP VS1_ADV_CAMPINGCAR VS1_RTE_ACORDIAPRODUCT VS1_RTE_ACORDIANEWS VS1_RTE_LEVIATHANLEGEND VS1_RTE_ACTIONSTAR VS1_RTE_CATTHERAPY VS1_RTE_STATUE VS1_RTE_NOMADSTENT VS1_RTE_GRAVEVISIT VS1_RTE_WEIRDSHOP VS1_ADV_NINJAVILLAGE VS1_BTL_GRA02 VS1_HIT_IRO VS1_CUT_FRIENDLYFIRE VS1_RTE_CARSPEED VS1_RTE_CARHORN VS1_RTE_CHOCOBOJUMP VS1_RTE_3RDDAY VS1_INT_ITEM

second one is audio data

TEST_1 music_btl_demo01 music_btl_demo00 music_fld_demo01 TEST_2 TEST_MAP music_lusis1_b music_btl_demo02 music_lusis1_f FILED_LU_HOTEL music_btl_demo03 music_lusis2_f FILED_LU_CITY FILED_LU_CASTLE MISSION_LU_STELLA MISSION_LU_LUPUS1 MISSION_LU_LUPUS2 MISSION_LU_CASTLE1 MISSION_LU_CASTLE2 MISSION_LU_BEHEMOTH1 TEST_LU_CITY TEST_EVENT music_ev_demo00 TEST_DEMO_SET1 music_fld_demo00 TEST_DEMO_SET2 FILED_LU_HOTEL_PEACE FILED_LU_INFANCY FILED_LU_GATE FILED_LT_FOREST FILED_LT_HAMMER FILED_LU_HIGHWAY MISSION_LU_ARANEA MISSION_LU_BEHEMOTH2 WORLD_LT_1ST MISSION_LU_SHIPLAUNCH MISSION_LU_SHIPLAUNCH_ZAKO TEST_EI FILED_LU_LG FILED_AC_CITY music_fld_demo03 music_btl_demo05 music_fld_demo02 MISSION_AC_LEVIATHAN FILED_LU_LG_1 music_btl_demo04 FILED_LU_LG_2 MISSION_LT_FORESTBOSS MISSION_LU_GLAUCA FILED_LU_LG_3

I wonder if VS1 stands for Versus 1. Also regarding the Versus data

That Glauca/Forest boss sounds like the part in the beginning of Kingsglaive where Regis fights with Glauca. I wonder if this was playable at one point. Also, in an early Versus trailer, there were some street and locations sights and one of them was saying Nihil-something so it may was Nihiltower, Ninjavillage sounds like the Kingsglaive that Ferrari described (more ninja like). as Koozek already said

Don't even know why i spoiler tag this since it won't be in Royal Edition but anyway.
There is mention of "test" and so on in that data, so I wonder if those things are from July 2013 when they first moved to Luminous and were testing stuff/early content they had at the time but in the few months before Kingsglaive started up in late 2013, which would explain why
Stella is mentioned alongside the "light of the dead" and the ninja village, and I do wonder if that Glauca fight in the forest stuff was something originally planned to be in the game but moved to Kingsglaive and reworked for that too.

You're right, early Versus trailer from around 2008 had a street sign in Insomnia that said "Nihilsomno" on it, and another one that said "VallisAcerba"

JQmH51Y.jpg

Though I also have a feeling that the "Nihiltower" and "Nihilarmy" are just names pertaining to Niflheim stuff, there was an artboard with art from that which had them romanize Niflheim as Nihilheim, so it's probably just a result of that. There is also data there that suggests things to do with Ignis, Prompto, Gladio and Cor. with this
VS1_INT_GRA01 VS1_INT_PRO01 VS1_INT_IGN01 VS1_INT_COL01

I think "GRA" is for Gladio, and "COL" is for Cor, with IGN for Ignis and PRO for Prompto.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the former I'm afraid. It's why I'm looking forward to New Game+ so much, because it'll be a much more focused, story driven experience.

If you're looking for a game that feels like older FFs you'll be disappointed. If you go in with an open mind you'll have a great time. Its a really great game, but its a complete change.
I mean, how is that different from other FFs at the core though?^^ You have a linear story, but if you want you can explore the world, go into dungeons, and do sidequests. The stuff Pizza Dog listed are pretty generic things that every RPG has. You're doing all that in FFXV too and if you don't want to do hunts and quests you can focus just on the story too in FFXV.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is mention of "test" and so on in that data, so I wonder if those things are from July 2013 when they first moved to Luminous and were testing stuff/early content they had at the time but in the few months before Kingsglaive started up in late 2013

Most likely. Nice catch on COL too, which is probably for Cor, considering he was a permanent party member in Versus.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these ''leaks'' from the datamine is pure hype for me regarding the Royal Edition. Seems like it will have more new content then we initially believed.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, how is that different from other FFs at the core though?^^ You have a linear story, but if you want you can explore the world, go into dungeons, and do sidequests. The stuff Pizza Dog listed are pretty generic things that every RPG has. You're doing all that in FFXV too and if you don't want to do hunts and quests you can focus just on the story too in FFXV.
Yeah which is why I had to confirm what he was saying, because what 'makes' an FF is highly subjective, and all the individual elements are there. However after hearing what he had to say, I understood the feeling behind what he meant, even if it was difficult for him to put it into words. I think the advice I gave is fair. FFXV is FFXV and its great for it. It's not FF6, 7 or 9.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most likely. Nice catch on COL too, which is probably for Cor, considering he was a permanent party member in Versus.
There was also some dev screens for early XV done sometime between 2013 and 2014 where it had Cor in the party, and Adamantoise looked like it was originally somewhere in a forest grass plain area like Duscae.

Lrz5mtE.jpg

The HUD looks a lot like the one from the Ebony build Tabata's team was leading back in 2013, which they started intergrating sometime July 2013 into Luminous. Maybe even remnants of that Ebony stuff is still in the data which is why there is some Versus stuff.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was also some dev screens for early XV done sometime between 2013 and 2014 where it had Cor in the party, and Adamantoise looked like it was originally somewhere in a forest grass plain area like Duscae.

Where is this dev pic from? First time i am seeing it.

The HUD looks a lot like the one from the Ebony build Tabata's team was leading back in 2013, which they started intergrating sometime July 2013 into Luminous. Maybe even remnants of that Ebony stuff is still in the data which is why there is some Versus stuff.

The battle animations from the E3 2013 gameplay demo (Ebony build Tabata's team) are exactly the same from the Versus 2011 gameplay trailer. The way Noctis walks/runs in XV is basically the same from the Versus 2011 gameplay trailer too. There are definitely remnants of some Ebony stuff in the game and some of them are being used.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah which is why I had to confirm what he was saying, because what 'makes' an FF is highly subjective, and all the individual elements are there. However after hearing what he had to say, I understood the feeling behind what he meant, even if it was difficult for him to put it into words. I think the advice I gave is fair. FFXV is FFXV and its great for it. It's not FF6, 7 or 9.
Yeah, it's hard to articulate what I was asking, but I'm trying to get a feel for the balance of story and action. It seems very heavily slanted towards the latter, and having been a big fan of previous FF games I was hoping there'd still be those elements of "let's infiltrate the base" or "you've got a bunch of stuff to do in this town before you move on" etc. Things like breaking into Shinra Tower, exploring the slums of Midgar, walking around the Balamb Garden and the cafeteria always being out of hot dogs. I like that world building with a bunch of NPCs in a town you have to fix things for. Having said that I'm not totally against a more action-based game, but I wanted to know what I'd be getting into if I pick this up, and whether I should grab the game while it's on sale or wait for the Royal Edition with all it's extras.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where is this dev pic from? First time i am seeing it.

The battle animations from the E3 2013 gameplay demo (Ebony build Tabata's team) are exactly the same from the Versus 2011 gameplay trailer. The way Noctis walks/runs in XV is basically the same from the Versus 2011 gameplay trailer too. There are definitely remnants of some Ebony stuff in the game and some of them are being used.
I believe it was shown at a University in Japan that SE visited and was doing a presentation at in July last year. There was also some of Ferrari's storyboards of Noctis meeting Cid and Cindy, a few Kingsglaive concept art, they also had that old clay model of the world map there, and they had a Tablet there with some dev pics from 2013 on it, with a pic of 2013 Prompto design too, but with them at a rest point in what looks like Altissia but with Cor, and camping with Cor too, and also some shots of the four bros at what looks like the peace treaty party while in their suits.

A lot of the animations from 2011/2013 for Noctis are still used within the game too, mainly for his broadsword/lance attacks.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it was shown at a University in Japan that SE visited and was doing a presentation at in July last year. There was also some of Ferrari's storyboards of Noctis meeting Cid and Cindy, a few Kingsglaive concept art, they also had that old clay model of the world map there, and they had a Tablet there with some dev pics from 2013 on it, with a pic of 2013 Prompto design too, but with them at a rest point in what looks like Altissia but with Cor, and camping with Cor too, and also some shots of the four bros at what looks like the peace treaty party while in their suits.

A lot of the animations from 2011/2013 for Noctis are still used within the game too, mainly for his broadsword/lance attacks.

Thanks for posting this, it's all new to me.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's hard to articulate what I was asking, but I'm trying to get a feel for the balance of story and action. It seems very heavily slanted towards the latter, and having been a big fan of previous FF games I was hoping there'd still be those elements of "let's infiltrate the base" or "you've got a bunch of stuff to do in this town before you move on" etc. Things like breaking into Shinra Tower, exploring the slums of Midgar, walking around the Balamb Garden and the cafeteria always being out of hot dogs. I like that world building with a bunch of NPCs in a town you have to fix things for. Having said that I'm not totally against a more action-based game, but I wanted to know what I'd be getting into if I pick this up, and whether I should grab the game while it's on sale or wait for the Royal Edition with all it's extras.
Base inflantration

There is world building like listening to radio and talking to npcs. There are lots of side activities like collecting flowers to your bros sister, taking pictures secrectly of cute car mechanic, running competition at the beach against your bro rocky style, finding a wedding dress etc. goofy stuff. If that is what you mean.

Sadly Chocobo Carnival and assassins festival are gone(?), those were fun and goofy side activities also.

Game has plenty of things to do aside from just main quest. Ultimate weapons, secret dungeons, secret power up armiger weapons, hunts, secret cutscenes/events

I'd say wait for the Royal edition.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If these things in the Datamine are correct, it looks like there
will be more Niflheim base infiltrations in the world of ruin, where they are the remnants of it whoever was left in the empire that took to the Niflheim bases around Lucis.

Edit: Actually it seems as if there are Niflheim bases now in Insomnia formed by the remnants of the empire, and not in the bases around Lucis.

"Relics of the Empire

Though the Niflheim Empire fell more than a decade ago, remnants of its infantry have set up camp in Insomnia and stayed there to this day. With Cor's aid, Noctis and his royal retinue now aim to kick the empire out of the Crown City for good."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you literally have to infiltrate military bases and capture a general in FFXV including stealth sections at some point, lol. The main story has you explore and find certain items for other characters too, e.g. in the first town an old acquaintance and his grandson tell you of old legends of a sword hidden behind a waterfall and you have to go and find that secret tomb, then you go on a short sightseeing date with your party member's sister in that town, later the mine workers of that town that generates its energy from the heat of the region's huge glowing meteor, which is held up by a summon (don't wanna spoil, but maybe you saw trailers already), ask you to help clear the power plant of monsters, then you have to find Mythril Ores in mysterious ruins to help Cid repair the boat to get to the next big city that looks like Venice, where you have to check out your soon-to-be bride's wedding dress etc... The second half of the game is more linear and story-focused - most of the footage you see in videos and stuff is from the open-world part of the game. There are some quirky NPCs around the world giving you sidequests too and side activities like fishing, betting in monster arenas, chocobo racing, and the Royal Edition apparently adds car races all over the world too etc.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If these things in the Datamine are correct, it looks like there
will be more Niflheim base infiltrations in the world of ruin, where they are the remnants of it whoever was left in the empire that took to the Niflheim bases around Lucis.
Ughhhhh, hopefully they're somewhat different than what they were in the main game.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
So my wife is preordering me the royal edition for my bday, I had no idea about the multiplayer mode but after watching some of the boss battles you get to do I am hella hyped.

I've been kind of side watching the game for a long time wondering when to jump in, the royal edition is a hell of a package.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my wife is preordering me the royal edition for my bday, I had no idea about the multiplayer mode but after watching some of the boss battles you get to do I am hella hyped.

I've been kind of side watching the game for a long time wondering when to jump in, the royal edition is a hell of a package.
Yeah I got to say the multiplayer mode makes the package very good value. They've put such a lot of effort into it. It's got problems, but given SE aren't exactly known for multiplayer, I was seriously impresssed.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's a good time to jump in with the Royal/Windows Edition. There are even more story updates coming throughout this year and around 3 new DLCs. Btw, the Comrades Multiplayer DLC has been known since months before FFXV's release in Dec 2016 and the first beta came out in August last year - how did you miss it completely? :D

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ughhhhh, hopefully they're somewhat different than what they were in the main game.
Always had fun doing those
An amendment to this, it seems as if I was mistaken and it's actually that
the bases aren't in the "world of ruin area" of Lucis per se, but rather within Insomnia.

This is what it says

Relics of the Empire

Though the Niflheim Empire fell more than a decade ago, remnants of its infantry have set up camp in Insomnia and stayed there to this day. With Cor's aid, Noctis and his royal retinue now aim to kick the empire out of the Crown City for good.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I got to say the multiplayer mode makes the package very good value. They've put such a lot of effort into it. It's got problems, but given SE aren't exactly known for multiplayer, I was seriously impresssed.
Only thing is I'm worried about is it being a gateway drug back into FFXIV.

"Online cooperative FF, all this nostalgia, this is fun....aww shit."

*renews sub*

Last edited:

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of XIV.

There is mention of something to do with XIV within the Datamine

From Storm on Mognet.
btw the FFXIV collab will have new costumes and weapons (+ lore to explain the tie-in) for FFXV; apparently its one costume for each bro, and one of the past 24 messengers is related to how the universes tie-in.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's a good time to jump in with the Royal/Windows Edition. There are even more story updates coming throughout this year and around 3 new DLCs. Btw, the Comrades Multiplayer DLC has been known since months before FFXV's release in Dec 2016 and the first beta came out in August last year - how did you miss it completely? :D

This is the first time I've jumped into it since that weird demo hit before release haha.

Considering how much I've been digging into the new monster hunter, the multiplayer looks crazy awesome.

That's awesome that even more story content (and bosses!) are probably coming this year as well. Guess that 10 year dev time might be paying off for them!

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice.

If the combat is as good as it looks in this game, looking forward to digging into endgame content. Its something I regret not doing in more FFs.
Sad to say this but end game combat is quite bad and battle system just isn't made for it. It's much more fun when just plsying normal story. Super bosses and high level hunts are just not fun.

It's better now than at launch but there are some issues that cant really be fixed without bigger overhaul.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Sad to say this but end game combat is quite bad and battle system just isn't made for it. It's much more fun when just plsying normal story. Super bosses and high level hunts are just not fun.

It's better now than at launch but there are some issues that cant really be fixed without bigger overhaul.
Is it that the combat gets more awkward the bigger shit is like in Kingdom Hearts?

In those games, the best encounters were always the smaller ones.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is it that the combat gets more awkward the bigger shit is like in Kingdom Hearts?

Every hit from bigger enemies tends to knock you down, you and your party members will constantly be in danger status or dead from only taking a couple of hits, and you'll be fighting the camera more than the actual enemies.

For some reason, some of these things are better in Comrades...

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017

What's changed since launch and why is it bad vs super bosses? That's probably the thing I'll be into most.

I actually thought kingdom hearts was great at the time, and sephiroth in KH2 was a lot of fun... but that was also a long time ago haha. I could go back to it today and think it's a janky mess!

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it gets extremely messy; the erratic camera and target system, the huge monsters' feet and tail awkwardly pushing you away through sudden movement all the time, sudden 1-hit-kill attacks coming seemingly out of nowhere (and sometimes they're not dodgeable for whatever reason) knocking your whole party down etc. It's better the smaller the encounter - ideally one-on-ones.

The Adamantoise side boss is the absolute worst, lol. On paper a fight against a monster this gigantic is hype af, but in practice it's not.

QIUL0hP.gif

But there's a cool unique sequence if you summon Titan during the fight, which I think barely anyone knows:

rc4IOu1.gif