• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Alright so the ff15 digital premium edition just showed up on deals for gold for $30.

Any idea how much the royal edition content will be? If it's under 20, then I'm saving money getting this and then getting royal dlc.

Thanks!

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Alright so the ff15 digital premium edition just showed up on deals for gold for $30.

Any idea how much the royal edition content will be? If it's under 20, then I'm saving money getting this and then getting royal dlc.

Thanks!
We don't really know yet. They announced $20 at first but then said it was a price error. Logic would dictate that the pricing should be less than that but who knows.
How long do these deals for gold stay usually? It's kinda ridiculous we still don't have an official pricing so close to release.

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
i'm like 10 or so hours into this (then took a break to pump over 100 hours into XC2). I don't own any DLC so it's just the base game on PS4. Should I bother to start playing now, or wait for this Royal Edition DLC to start over?

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This might actually be somewhat spoiler for the Royal Edition

but i came across a related video of FFXV pocket edition, of the final part of the Ardyn fight.

The dialouge is greatly expanded upon.

None of it is actually new information, but the extra exposition would probably do to answer alot of common questions about why Ardyn was doing what he was doing.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Wow, hope some of the extra pocket edition dialogue will make the jump to Console and PC versions.

Also thanks Jack Orion for the VR notes. I might be going crazy or maybe I dreamed this, but I could have swore they showed VR stuff at E3 or TGS before. Like driving with Cidney but also shooting Prompto's guns in first person at the behemoth...?

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oooh nice
SE are doing another round of XV at the cafe, but notice the CG render opposite to the profile pic of Noctis.
AWaLGyO.jpg

And some new coasters.
SOFDLv4.jpg

Last edited:

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and bought it for 30, I figured if it's 20 I'll just break even anyway.

What control scheme do you guys prefer? Is there no way to assign buttons individually?

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want those coasters. And those CG renders...interesting.

I went ahead and bought it for 30, I figured if it's 20 I'll just break even anyway.

What control scheme do you guys prefer? Is there no way to assign buttons individually?
I stuck with the default control scheme (Type A). And yeah there isn't a way to assign buttons individually.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon

Knew I wasn't crazy! What ever happened to this stuff?

FFXV's Prompto VR Game Has Been Cancelled
However, over a year later, Square Enix has confirmed that this "technology demo," as they put it, will no longer be released to the public and is effectively canceled.
But hold the phone!
"It really is something extra to be enjoyed by the people who purchased the game. We're thinking it'll probably be a DLC release later for the game, it really is our core belief that we should satisfy the people who buy the game that we've made as much as possible; we also want them to play for as long as possible too so it really does help with that--gives them something extra."
That's what they said the first time they showed the demo so who knows, maybe someday as free DLC

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
i'm like 10 or so hours into this (then took a break to pump over 100 hours into XC2). I don't own any DLC so it's just the base game on PS4. Should I bother to start playing now, or wait for this Royal Edition DLC to start over?
If you can afford it, wait for the Royal Edition, it's coming out in two weeks and changes the base game for the better.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

Use Type B where Guard is on L1, trust me. Feels more convenient. Funnily it also makes the combat easily cheasable because for whatever reason it seems like they haven't considered that Type B/C make it possible to just hold L1/L2 permanently even while attacking and if you let go of the Attack button it automatically makes you switch to the guard stance again without you needing to press Guard again (like in basically any other Action-based game); this way it will guard pretty much every big attack quickly enough too without you having to actually time your guarding when the "Guard!" prompts pop up. I really believe this was a design oversight - a rather big one - and interestingly you can't do this in the Comrades Multiplayer where you actually have to press Guard again after having attacked once while guarding, which makes combat feel more deliberate and makes you more cautious. Man, Comrades generally some small improvements over the main game's combat which makes me wish all the time that they overhauled the main game's combat based on Comrades, especially the magic system. It's baffling how much better the main game would be with a more convenient, smooth magic system.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, hope some of the extra pocket edition dialogue will make the jump to Console and PC versions.

Also thanks Jack Orion for the VR notes. I might be going crazy or maybe I dreamed this, but I could have swore they showed VR stuff at E3 or TGS before. Like driving with Cidney but also shooting Prompto's guns in first person at the behemoth...?
See:
J: We actually saw a shooting VR experience focused on Prompto. What caused the change of plans that resulted in Monster of the Deep? Is that project still in development or does it still exist in any form?

Tabata: We spent something like three weeks on the Prompto VR project. That experience taught us that if we want to bring the core battle mechanics of Final Fantasy XV into a VR game, it's not an easy task at all. It's an undertaking that is quite a beast.

The Prompto demo, from the short period of time that we developed that for E3 last year, helped us realize that — because VR is a platfrom still in its early years and obviously our experience with VR development is not quite there yet. To take something that brings that core Final Fantasy XV experience into VR is still a little bit ahead of where we're at. It's not something we could easily do; not something that we can be satisfied with putting out into the world.

From that experience we looked at "What can we do with the VR platform in the current day, with our current experience and know-how?" After figuring it out internally, Monster of the Deep was what we came up with as an answer. This is what we can do for VR. It brings some of that feeling and familiarity from Final Fantasy XV but in its own experience.

But from that experience, we definitely have another project in mind for VR.

Source.

FFXV's Prompto VR Game Has Been Cancelled

But hold the phone!

That's what they said the first time they showed the demo so who knows, maybe someday as free DLC
See the quote above.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
See:

See the quote above.
Yep, there was something along those lines in the article I linked, that they overestimated what they could do in VR at first. And really, it didn't look too interesting anyway, so maybe it was all for the best.
But from that experience, we definitely have another project in mind for VR.
I wonder if he was talking about his next project here. Steam port Tabby pls

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, there was something along those lines in the article I linked, that they overestimated what they could do in VR at first. And really, it didn't look too interesting anyway, so maybe it was all for the best.

I wonder if he was talking about his next project here. Steam port Tabby pls
I read it as another VR project for FFXV, but who knows.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This might actually be somewhat spoiler for the Royal Edition

but i came across a related video of FFXV pocket edition, of the final part of the Ardyn fight.

The dialouge is greatly expanded upon.

None of it is actually new information, but the extra exposition would probably do to answer alot of common questions about why Ardyn was doing what he was doing.

The dialogue is good but it just makes that fight look even more goofy.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I remember seeing them, I totally forgot about that part with some CG in it that they are saying were part of Kingsglaive, some of the CG shots look like they were actually test CG renders for testing lighting and staging and what not, and I noticed this one shot that it says is from Kingsglaive,

Looks identical to the one CGI shot from the 2014 TGS trailer of the Airships flying into Altissia, only the engine exhausts are glowing red instead of blue like it did in the 2014 version of the CG. So maybe that CG shot was from Kingsglaive all along? Looks like in the end it was cut from the movie though.

Looks like they did CG test renders for interiors of Altissia too for Kingsglaive, namely this place that should look familiar.
https://giant.gfycat.com/WelldocumentedFrighteningBee.webm

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFXV Royal Edition footage from Japanese TV shown a few minutes ago.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks identical to the one CGI shot from the 2014 TGS trailer of the Airships flying into Altissia, only the engine exhausts are glowing red instead of blue like it did in the 2014 version of the CG. So maybe that CG shot was from Kingsglaive all along? Looks like in the end it was cut from the movie though.

That CGI was probably from Versus/XV 2013. In the 2014 trailer there is also one CGI scene with Cor that never appeared anywhere else. I imagine that some of them were used for the movie but they will probably have more from Versus that will be never used. Like this or the kid Noctis and Regis table scene and Noctis looking Insomnia from the car before the party.

tumblr_ollnb0LRqP1uvosl0o1_500.gif

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
FFXV Royal Edition footage from Japanese TV shown a few minutes ago.

Watched a few minutes, don't want to spoil too much. Is that added content to the main story or part of the new DLC dungeon?
Man I haven't tried character swapping yet but it does look cool to be able to change strategy depending on the situation like that.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That CGI was probably from Versus/XV 2013. In the 2014 trailer there is also one CGI scene with Cor that never appeared anywhere else. I imagine that some of them were used for the movie but they will probably have more from Versus that will be never used. Like this or the kid Noctis and Regis table scene and Noctis looking Insomnia from the car before the party.

tumblr_ollnb0LRqP1uvosl0o1_500.gif
I used to think it was Versus stuff too, but the design of how Altissia looks as we seen it since the 2013 trailer was actually only done from 2012 when Naora/Kamikokuryo joined the team when it became XV as art director/world art director. Prior to that the concept of Altissia, or what we could only assume was supposed to be Altissia only had an area that looked like St Marco's Piazza, as in it was actually just using that as a stand in or something and it was never actually fleshed out or anything.

Btw Kid Noctis also was only designed in 2012 at the earliest because Yusuke Naora designed kid Noctis, and since he only joined the team when it became XV in 2012 it means that scene couldn't have been from Versus. I think those three CG scenes we see in 2011 was all the CG scenes they had actually made for Versus proper, anything done prior to 2010 couldn't be used since the style and designs were all different. And the scene of Noctis in the car and the scene of Regis vs Iedolas was updated in the 2013 version of the CG too, in fact I think that whole Regis vs Iedolas scene was rerendered completely for the 2013 trailer.

That one CG shot of Cor in the 2014 JF trailer also is followed by a group shot, and it's evident that it has the 2014 designed Prompto hair there instead of the 2013 Prompto hair.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't look like there's much more of Insomnia than we had in the base game, just more ruins. :(

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
New bit from the GameWatcher interview coming later this week:
We asked about the Assassin's Creed Festival event, and sadly they confirmed that "it may be difficult to get that one working again", presumably down to licensing issues. Which is a shame, since it allowed players to dress Noctis and gang up in some awesome outfits.

However more hopefully, they did add that "we're currently not looking to redo any of the limited time events we've done so far, but we are looking at some new collaborations and new different kinds of events, which are all in the works, and we should be able to reveal them sometime soon!"

Source.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Someone please for the love of God tell them they shouldn't make any more timed collaborations.