• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
So uh, I'm a bit late to the party here but are we expecting the Pocket Edition changes in Royal Edition (I guess not, I feel like they would have announced that...) or in a later update or do you think those are just some interesting divergences that'll stay exclusive to the mobile game? I really want that Shiva dungeon, expanded Leviathan setpiece and extra dialogue in proper XV, but on the other hand I'm under the impression that Pocket Edition excludes a lot of the story changes that have been made to XV through its updates? So that's weird. I'm sort of getting the feeling it's all holdovers from unused XV content and that Pocket is based on that for some reason, but that just feels like a waste.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, I'm a bit late to the party here but are we expecting the Pocket Edition changes in Royal Edition (I guess not, I feel like they would have announced that...) or in a later update or do you think those are just some interesting divergences that'll stay exclusive to the mobile game? I really want that Shiva dungeon, expanded Leviathan setpiece and extra dialogue in proper XV, but on the other hand I'm under the impression that Pocket Edition excludes a lot of the story changes that have been made to XV through its updates? So that's weird. I'm sort of getting the feeling it's all holdovers from unused XV content and that Pocket is based on that for some reason, but that just feels like a waste.
Not sure. They confirmed that some of the "new" lines in the PE were indeed unused/scrapped lines from the main game and the new lines in FFXV from this month in one of the final battles weren't in PE, right, but probably because they didn't have the time to include them so shortly before PE's release. We'll see if there's gonna be more changes in the next update soon.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Not sure. They confirmed that some of the "new" lines in the PE were indeed unused/scrapped lines from the main game and the new lines in FFXV from this month in one of the final battles weren't in PE, right, but probably because they didn't have the time to include them so shortly before PE's release. We'll see if there's gonna be more changes in the next update soon.

Thanks. I was thinking about stuff like Chapter 13 Verse 2 which is apparently excluded in Pocket Edition. I also haven't found a video of the train stuff in PE but I think Shiva's backstory is also not there? Things like that. I suppose the former is tied to Episode Gladiolus in a way that would have made it weird to implement without bringing the episodes to the demake first and the really recent changes not being there makes sense, but still. Weird.

I listened to those Ardyn lines for the first time today and they are a pretty big deal to me whether they were scrapped lines or not. Keeping them PE exclusive would feel really weird to me you know? I mean, they're out there now.

I guess we'll see with the next update. It does feel like THE time to make another Chapter 14 change like that.

If we're going to get Chapter 9 and 12 gameplay changes though, (I certainly feel like we could use them,) I'd imagine they would be announced beforehand so if those are actually planned I guess we'll hear about it later... I still want that tiny water dragon!

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
CxdfxWi.gif

oCLPZx6.gif

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
4Gamer: In January 2017. it was announced that the total shipments and digital sales surpassed 6 million total, which was the objective at the time. What is that number at now?

Hajime Tabata, Director: About 7 million.

Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition released for smartphones on February 9, and there's Royal Edition and Windows Edition coming out on March 6. Are there any sales goals?

Tabata: Honestly, rather than sales numbers, the team's priority is "to provide a good service for as long as possible that is worthy of its value." That said, there's been some talk within the team saying they'd like to reach 2 million with Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition alone, and with the team's main objective of 10 million [for Final Fantasy XV], you have different approaches during the pre-release.

Source.

(Thanks to Storm on Mognet)

Oct 25, 2017
The Armiger is by far my favorite Limit Break I'm the franchise.

I know the whole "control floating swords" has been done in Anime before, but I fell in love with the concept during the very first Versus XIII trailer. When I first saw it, my jaw fell to the floor.

And now it gets even better? YES, PLEASE.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited to try this out. With the new focus being precise button pushes instead of holding down attack, it feels like it's really gonna be a new way to experience combat.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for Ardyn, I think he's the best FF villain (outside of Caius) since Kefka and Sephiroth. The others just kind of blur in my head.

I love how Ardyn takes aspects from all the previous villains of the series. He hates mankind like Zemus, he ultimately wants to die like Exdeath, he's the lunatic right arm of an emperor like Kefka, he's a former hero like Sephiroth, he wants revenge like Ultimecia, he dresses fancily like Kuja, he's a parent of the protagonist like Jecht, he was manipulated by supernatural beings like the Shadow Lord, he thought he was the good guy like Vayne, he barely has any actual character development, and he is immortal like Lahabrea.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Ardyn takes aspects from all the previous villains of the series. He hates mankind like Zemus, he ultimately wants to die like Exdeath, he's the lunatic right arm of an emperor like Kefka, he's a former hero like Sephiroth, he wants revenge like Ultimecia, he dresses fancily like Kuja, he's a parent of the protagonist like Jecht, he was manipulated by supernatural beings like the Shadow Lord, he thought he was the good guy like Vayne, he barely has any actual character development, and he is immortal like Lahabrea.
Hehe. Regarding Sephiroth you forgot that Ardyn literally is one-winged (though he only wears it in Kingsglaive, iirc).

a7sATzJ.png

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so excited to try this out. With the new focus being precise button pushes instead of holding down attack, it feels like it's really gonna be a new way to experience combat.
Wait, is this true? I can't make out what they are saying in the video but if it is true wouldn't that be major news(☉_☉)

General reception to him seems positive so hoping for a memorable villain. I like his design.

I honestly can't remember the last time the series had one.

For me, there was Kefka, Sephiroth and then......I'm kind of drawing a blank on everything afterwards.
I totally agree with this sentiment. I mean the last time we had a villain that left such a impact for me in a mainline final fantasy game was Sin in FFX (not counting the online games since I have not played them), but even that is a stretch since I don't think he qualifies as a villain and is seen more as a force of nature.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Uhh wait, what do you mean? :D
It looks like the new Armiger will require a certain coordination in order to be effective and is said to be kinda harder to master than the normal combat. Google translate time!
Tabata: There is a system of actions that had never been in "FFXV" before. It seems to be connecting the combo while timing the timing.

Kuroda: It's a technical play that connects from the ground to the air and just enters from the air.

- Is it added as a regular battle system?

Tabata: No, there are items you get with Phantom Sword entanglement, and you get to use that system when you get it.

- Is only Noctis able to do such a combo?

Kuroda: That's right. Noktis will be in a special state and you will be able to use the combo. Regarding the condition, after collecting 13 phantom swords, it is to equip it with accessories in special conditions.

When equipped, the existing system will change galaxy. If you want to return to normal, you can omit accessories. It is difficult to operate, but it is extremely strong if you master it. In addition, when using the new system, we also adjust around the AI so that the ally's side does not get too involved in the battle. That's why Noktis can do just about anything.

- It looks like 'Dissidia FF'.

Kuroda: I can play a lot with awesome showy technique. For those who say that there is nothing to canast the level and finish the scenario anymore.

- Do you add skillful enemies like fighting with this new action?

Kuroda: I want to defeat somehow, as I can fight against the successive kings and even more enemies. First of all, if you challenge without a new system, you can experience how strong the boss first (lol).

- Videos and delivery seem to be exciting after release.

Kuroda: Because a cool combo will be a picture, I'd like you to talk about it, "I can not put it out", like "My cool combo collection" is delivered.

- How many of the successive kings are there?

Tabata: About three bodies.

- Is it still huge? I imagine the enormity of a movie.

Kuroda: As expected, it is not big up to that (laugh). Fighting in a new place in a situation, each boss has a different concept of different play continuously. I really hope you get excited.

Tabata: Because evolution is the theme, people of fans who have already played will be able to experience the evolution and the difference.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the new Armiger will require a certain coordination in order to be effective and is said to be kinda harder to master than the normal combat. Google translate time!
Oh thanks, missed that, but I guess I misread the post I was replying to and thought the poster meant the combat in general was being changed :D

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Oh thanks, missed that, but I guess I misread the post I was replying to and thought the poster meant the combat in general was being changed :D
Here, in case you missed those too:
  • Tabata: So, what we got is a technology to develop HD games with tremendous speed. Because I was absolutely doing it once a month to eliminate bugs and bring them to the world with a certain quality. It is not great? I think it 's pretty tough with mobile apps, though.
  • Thanks to the DLC of "Friends" [Comrades], Japan also increased, but the number of areas outside Japan increased, and those who were away for a while at the next "EP Ignis" also returned.
  • Kuroda: Yes (lol). You can also go to Mikage island [Angelgard] where Noktis awakens. Some fish can catch only by sea fishing, and various quests are added. There are also fish that can catch only at specific points, and fish of limited time. It's a bit of a quest that sometimes makes a bomb attack.
  • Tabata: We will release "Royal Pack" (2,000 yen + tax) which summarizes additional elements, so it is okay if you can purchase there. Trophy records are also inherited, so save data can be used as it is, so please be relieved even if you are getting into trouble. [Finally a price confirmation?]
  • FFXV" in 2018 scheduled for surprise announcement!
  • Tabata: We talked about this with ATR, but initially I thought that I would do 3 years and 2018, but I changed the plan a little. As a result of thinking about what kind of content it should be done to finish this game by the team, we made 4 pieces as well.
  • Tabata: Because there is Luna Furena in the "Royal Edition" package.
And this translation from the below kind person:
This is a copy of what I posted on the other site I post on with the interview:

Okay so I've tried to decipher most of the interview via shitty translate and my 1 year of college Japanese (lol) and put together a list/summary of both the Dangeki and Famitsu interviews:

Dangeki First (There is definitely more here that I am totally not picking up)

- The Royal Edition was supposed to be the final DLC for the game, but now they are releasing 4 more.
- The Roadmap for the new 4 DLC was completed on January 31st.
- The overall plan for all 4 DLC has been a thing for awhile, but it wasn't until January 31st that they finished laying down the specifics
- There is a team for each DLC and a team that updates the main game (at least from last year).
- Each team meets however to review a DLC that will be released
- You can drive the Regalia (It specifically says a vehicle) in Insomnia (Nice to have confirmation!)
- Royal Update is seamless with Chapter 14 (obviously)
- They seem to be talking about the potential of integrating the other DLC into the game in some form (not sure if its in a positive or negative light though, cant tell)
- You can travel to Angelgard with the boat. (Oh geeeee, I wonder what we can do there? :D)
- The Armiger Unleashed will be difficult to get used to apparently.
- There are officially 3 Kings to fight(we know this)
- The Royal Pack is still 2000 yen (~$20). Honestly the price is justified at this point.
- Episode Ardyn is first apparently, but I'm not sure because the Famitsu interview talks about the next DLC making you smile/happy, I can't see Episode Ardyn being anything like that lol.
- While they are releasing 4 DLC now, they are taking their time with each, meaning that development will extend likely into next year.
- Teases Luna's significance in the Royal Update (we know this already from the leaks that its gonna be good)
- Potentially a big one: I think Terada hints at there being a rebalance (I'm assuming leveling and difficulty?) of the entire game so that way you can play from the beginning. Please correct me on this one if I got it wrong. I'm too hyped and don't want to be the ass who told this lie if its wrong.
- Tabata still wants to "Complete" FFXV with these next 4 DLC. HYPE!
- The DLC will be meaningful and substantial, not superficial (<3)

Famitsu (much shorter), its also basically the same interview with some different responses (I think):

-They refrained from giving Ardyn too much lore in Episode Ignis so they can fully explain it in Episode Ardyn.
-Translate is absolute ass, but I think Tabata is actually saying they CAN "complete" FFXV with these next 4 DLC, starting with Ardyn. I doubt he'd say they can't, cause that sounds like a bad PR move.
-He said they want the next DLC to make people smile, opposite of people being sad from Episode Ignis (though I don't know how it could be Ardyn's that can do that). Its possible that the interview just means "one of the next" and not exactly "the next". A better translator can correct me on that.
-There is a strong connection to comrades with the new DLC (we know how). Comrades is getting a big update.

Again, take with a grain of salt until better translations. None of this is true until someone can verify my rough elementary Translation and "Interpretation" of horrid translate programs. I ran most of this through several programs and they all gave pretty similar things though, so its likely they all paint a similar picture.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's from his May 2013 storyboard he did, the pic with the speechbubble and holding the Force Stealer out was posted on Ferrari's facebook when he first mentioned he did the storyboards for May 2013, it was also on the image with other storyboard panels he did that we saw last year, but the other pic of him about to swing the Force Stealer was only first seen in that Art & Design of FFXV artbook.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Well my 4 year old son sure loves the Regalia D, he is having a hell of a time driving it all over.

Is there an art book?

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever make it so you don't hear the same soundclip of Noctis awkwardly laughing while driving the Type-D over hills? It made driving off-road pretty annoying.