• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since launch, is this worth a revisit with all the dlc? Or should I wait until the next batch of dlc?
I assume you don't have the Royal Pack, but do you have the Season Pass already? If not it might be cheaper to just buy the Royal/Windows Edition, which includes the SP and RP, on a sale when it's less than the Season Pass + Royal Pack together ($25 + $15). Maybe just buy the Royal Edition digitally since the physical edition is the same disc and unpatched 1.0 version as at launch, with the DLCs as vouchers only, anyway - that way you'll have the convenience of also having the game digitally.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Hey! So I've finally decided to sit down and finish this game and I've got a few issues with the game so far that are hampering my enjoyment of it. It's still a very good game but they're minor annoyances that do add up.

The first is that camping feels useless for a lot of the time. Maybe I'm just playing the game wrong but I feel that with the "XP banking" system the bonuses from camping aren't worth the drop in XP compared to staying at a hotel. I've only camped about 3 times during my entire 15 hours with the game.

The second is that, because of the massive distances between things I'm just constantly auto-travelling and fast-travelling to new places, and I feel that there's not much reason to explore outside of side quests. It makes the world feel very small as I'm just travelling to a few select areas and never really exploring. Even Chocobos aren't fast enough to make exploring fun for me.

I'm also getting quite annoyed at the whole night and day system. I hate being cut-off every few quests by night and then having to either spent my current XP, find a camp (I'm rarely near one) and wait the night, or simply let the game idle until morning comes. The annoyance is even more when it comes to hunts which can only be done at nighttime.

But, other than those, I'm still enjoying my time with the game, so don't take it that I think the game's awful or anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! So I've finally decided to sit down and finish this game and, from my experience, does camping seem kind of useful for the vast majority of cases? Maybe I'm not too much into pure exploration but I feel that with the "XP banking" system the bonuses from camping aren't worth the drop in XP compared to staying at a hotel. I've only camped about 3 times.

I'm also not sure how exactly to make exploration seemless. Because of the way-too-big distances between things I'm just constantly auto-travelling and fast-travelling to new places, and I feel that there's not much reason to explore outside of side quests.
How many of the dungeons have you found yet? I loved exploring and finding all of them blindly before any quest/hunt lead me to them later. Gave me real Zelda vibes.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Hey! So I've finally decided to sit down and finish this game and I've got a few issues with the game so far that are hampering my enjoyment of it. It's still a very good game but they're minor annoyances that do add up.

The first is that camping feels useless for a lot of the time. Maybe I'm just playing the game wrong but I feel that with the "XP banking" system the bonuses from camping aren't worth the drop in XP compared to staying at a hotel. I've only camped about 3 times during my entire 15 hours with the game.

The second is that, because of the massive distances between things I'm just constantly auto-travelling and fast-travelling to new places, and I feel that there's not much reason to explore outside of side quests. It makes the world feel very small as I'm just travelling to a few select areas and never really exploring. Even Chocobos aren't fast enough to make exploring fun for me.

I'm also getting quite annoyed at the whole night and day system. I hate being cut-off every few quests by night and then having to either spent my current XP, find a camp (I'm rarely near one) and wait the night, or simply let the game idle until morning comes. The annoyance is even more when it comes to hunts which can only be done at nighttime.

But, other than those, I'm still enjoying my time with the game, so don't take it that I think the game's awful or anything.
I only camped to go from day to night or night to day near whatever i was doing. The night hunts were the big reason i camped.

I always used the 3x hotel when farming for xp

Plum

May 31, 2018
Go to the hotel first then camp to get the exp buff + the food buff.

Thanks, didn't think of doing that. Though that does require more travelling and stoppage time which, frankly, is my biggest issue with the game so far.

How many of the dungeons have you found yet? I loved exploring and finding all of them blindly before any quest/hunt lead me to them later. Gave me real Zelda vibes.

None so far. I just find that the night system disincentives exploration enough that I'm just making a bee-line to quest points. Maybe there's something that changes that later, I dunno, I'm only at Chapter 3.

I only camped to go from day to night or night to day near whatever i was doing. The night hunts were the big reason i camped.

I always used the 3x hotel when farming for xp

The 3x hotel? Damn. Also should I worry about farming for XP just to get to complete the main story and do the DLCs? I'm not too interested in doing the post-game superbosses and such, though I might do so if they're not too time consuming.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, didn't think of doing that. Though that does require more travelling and stoppage time which, frankly, is my biggest issue with the game so far.

None so far. I just find that the night system disincentives exploration enough that I'm just making a bee-line to quest points. Maybe there's something that changes that later, I dunno, I'm only at Chapter 3.
I maybe camped once or twice in the whole game, lol. I only used hotels (the most expensive in Altissia with a 3x multiplier) and even that only three or four times, ultimately getting to level 120. I saved up EXP for a long time without sleeping anywhere and then trippled them for millions of EXP at once in chapter 8 to get to level ~80.

Honestly, level or food buffs aren't that important. Don't sweat it, just play and go with the flow.

And what exactly disincentivizes exploration at night? Do you mean that you can't auto-travel at night? I think if Ignis is level 30 he will drive at night too, iirc.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I maybe camped once or twice in the whole game, lol. I only used hotels (the most expensive in Altissia with a 3x multiplier) and even that only three or four times, ultimately getting to level 120. I saved up EXP for a long time without sleeping anywhere and then trippled them for millions of EXP at once in chapter 8 to get to level ~80.

Honestly, level or food buffs aren't that important. Don't sweat it, just play and go with the flow.

And what exactly disincentivizes exploration at night? Do you mean that you can't auto-travel at night? I think if Ignis is level 30 he will drive at night too, iirc.

Ah, glad to hear I'm not alone in my my lack of desire to camp. From what I've played so far I haven't really needed the food buffs as fights really haven't shown all that much of a challenge so far. Though some fights do end up turning into clusterfucks that I can barely pay attention to lol, but that's more confusion than challenge.

As for the night exploration, there's the utter pitch blackness of it (which I like, too many games have night feeling like the-day-but-blue), the high level monsters showing up and the fact that you can't easily go anywhere. I'm also just not a fan of stoppage time in games and night (especially for quests that require certain times of day) makes that mandatory. That's good to hear about Ignis, though, and what I've read of the Regalia upgrades I can get the headlights that let you drive at night soon, so I doubt it'll be an issue much longer.

One more question, are hunts and the quests from that fat magazine guy the only good ways to get money? Feels like I'm constantly short in this game as the items you need for combat (elixers and pheonix downs) are so expensive.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, glad to hear I'm not alone in my my lack of desire to camp. From what I've played so far I haven't really needed the food buffs as fights really haven't shown all that much of a challenge so far. Though some fights do end up turning into clusterfucks that I can barely pay attention to lol, but that's more confusion than challenge.

As for the night exploration, there's the utter pitch blackness of it (which I like, too many games have night feeling like the-day-but-blue), the high level monsters showing up and the fact that you can't easily go anywhere. That's good to hear about Ignis, though, and what I've read of the Regalia upgrades I can get the headlights that let you drive at night soon, so I doubt it'll be an issue much longer.

One more question, are hunts and the quests from that fat magazine guy the only good ways to get money? Feels like I'm constantly short in this game as the items you need for combat (elixers and pheonix downs) are so expensive.
Yeah, hunts and quests in general are the main money source. Also sell treasures/monsters' loot too and keep maybe 2-3 of each or so of you want to craft spells, except the quest-related ones in the list below and the Rare Coins and Debased items, which you can use for easy EXP farming by making Expericast spells with them:
  • Metal Scrap
  • Rusted Bits
  • Dynamo
  • Magitek Core
  • Glass Gemstone
  • Earth Gemstone
  • Sky Gemstone
  • Magnetron
  • Monster Claw
  • Cylinder
  • Coreurl Whiskers
  • Barbed Scythe
  • Cactuar Needle
  • Spiked Armor
  • Sturdy Helixhorn
  • Repair Kit

Btw, I don't know how well communicated it is in the game, but you can accept 10 hunts at once from any tipster and then select whichever you like as the active one in the hunt menu at any point. Crazy thing is, this was only patched in almost a year after release and we only could do one hunt at once back then, meaning you had tons of loading screens when fast-travelling between tipster and hunt, then back to the tipster again to do the next hunt, rinse and repeat. You guys playing this game now are lucky, lol.

Also, yeah, the combat can often get very chaotic.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah, hunts and quests in general are the main money source. Also sell treasures/monsters' loot too and keep maybe 2-3 of each or so of you want to craft spells, except the quest-related ones in the list below and the Rare Coins and Debased items, which you can use for easy EXP farming by making Expericast spells with them:
  • Metal Scrap
  • Rusted Bits
  • Dynamo
  • Magitek Core
  • Glass Gemstone
  • Earth Gemstone
  • Sky Gemstone
  • Magnetron
  • Monster Claw
  • Cylinder
  • Coreurl Whiskers
  • Barbed Scythe
  • Cactuar Needle
  • Spiked Armor
  • Sturdy Helixhorn
  • Repair Kit

Btw, I don't know how well communicated it is in the game, but you can accept 10 hunts at once from any tipster and then select whichever you like as the active one in the hunt menu at any point. Crazy thing is, this was only patched in almost a year after release and we only could do one hunt at once back then, meaning you had tons of loading screens when fast-travelling between tipster and hunt, then back to the tipster again to do the next hunt, rinse and repeat. You guys playing this game now are lucky, lol.

Also, yeah, the combat can often get very chaotic.

Oh, damn, thanks! It's good to have just a simple list of what items to keep and what to sell.

I knew the hunt stuff already but thanks anyway, though that is ridiculous. Looks like I picked a good time to jump in lol. I simply wouldn't have done hunts if I could only have one going at a time.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, damn, thanks! It's good to have just a simple list of what items to keep and what to sell.

I knew the hunt stuff already but thanks anyway, though that is ridiculous. Looks like I picked a good time to jump in lol. I simply wouldn't have done hunts if I could only have one going at a time.
Yeah, it really was a baffling design decision, or well, oversight probably, lol.

Btw, that one here is the more recent OT for the game on actual Gaming Side (Royal/Windows Edition that released in March):

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...edition-windows-edition-ot-walk-taller.27521/

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in getting into this game. I just watch Kingsglaive prior to starting the game. Holy fuck I wasn't expecting this.

I actually love it. I was confused by the fading to black on each transition early on in the movie, giving it a trailer feel and some cut were too fast, spoiling the beautiful cinematography especially when the first demon is released upon the glaives. But I loved how everything is such a great tale of tragedy, courage and sacrifice. Some fights drag on a bit by the end and Luna falls from being the proud hostage, still dedicated to Regis to the usual damsel in distress but holy cow there are so many amazing ideas both visual or practical and tropes in the movie. I LOVED the Chekov gun of the giant statues all over the capital... Holy cow when the ancient king grant Nyx the light and they all rise from their statues to fight the demon, that's some hype anime shit right there.

Anyway, i loved it and I'm hype for FF XV, as I feel the setting and mythos is already laid and I'm engaged into the world aesthetic and power dynamics. I want more.

Time to boot the game

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
So I'm in getting into this game. I just watch Kingsglaive prior to starting the game. Holy fuck I wasn't expecting this.

I actually love it. I was confused by the fading to black on each transition early on in the movie, giving it a trailer feel and some cut were too fast, spoiling the beautiful cinematography especially when the first demon is released upon the glaives. But I loved how everything is such a great tale of tragedy, courage and sacrifice. Some fights drag on a bit by the end and Luna falls from being the proud hostage, still dedicated to Regis to the usual damsel in distress but holy cow there are so many amazing ideas both visual or practical and tropes in the movie. I LOVED the Chekov gun of the giant statues all over the capital... Holy cow when the ancient king grant Nyx the light and they all rise from their statues to fight the demon, that's some hype anime shit right there.

Anyway, i loved it and I'm hype for FF XV, as I feel the setting and mythos is already laid and I'm engaged into the world aesthetic and power dynamics. I want more.

Time to boot the game
Hey, glad you enjoyed it! Screw the haters, Kingsglaive is awesome.

Here's a more recent/active OT in case you ever need help with the game:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...edition-windows-edition-ot-walk-taller.27521/

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

Time to boot the game
Hehe, nice you enjoyed it. Yeah, the random fade-to-black cuts are weird and the editing in the latter third's action scenes was bad and way too hectic. But I loved the look and design of it too. Some really nice visuals in Insomnia.

But tbh, it's not that integral to the main game story. You hear the gist of the events in the game at the beginning, but the movie shows what exactly happened. It's supplemental.

It's been a long time actually that I even recommended watching the movie to someone who's about to play FFXV for the first time. I'm sometimes afraid it will just turn off people instead because they think they're missing out if they don't watch it (and it's not free or everywhere on Netflix either).

Have you watched the anime Brotherhood: FFXV? It's free on the official FFXV YouTube channel and just 5 episodes a la 10min or so. It shows the childhood and youth of the four bros. Not mandatory, but a charming watch. Here's the link:

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Hehe, nice you enjoyed it. Yeah, the random fade-to-black cuts are weird and the editing in the latter third's action scenes was bad and way too hectic. But I loved the look and design of it too. Some really nice visuals in Insomnia.

But tbh, it's not that integral to the main game story. You hear the gist of the events in the game at the beginning, but the movie shows what exactly happened. It's supplemental.

It's been a long time actually that I even recommended watching the movie to someone who's about to play FFXV for the first time. I'm sometimes afraid it will just turn off people instead because they think they're missing out if they don't watch it (and it's not free or everywhere on Netflix either).

Have you watched the anime Brotherhood: FFXV? It's free on the official FFXV YouTube channel and just 5 episodes a la 10min or so. It shows the childhood and youth of the four bros. Not mandatory, but a charming watch. Here's the link:

Will watch thx

Hey, glad you enjoyed it! Screw the haters, Kingsglaive is awesome.

Here's a more recent/active OT in case you ever need help with the game:

Oh didn't realise I was in the wrong place. Thx

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Time to boot the game

Enjoy.
It's definitely one of my favourite FF games.

There are also a series of anime shorts that go into the backstory of the main characters, if you want to check those out. They take place partway into the game sort of, but they don't really spoil much. It's called Brotherhood I think.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I'm finally considering to play this game.

But I'm a bit confused as they released so many DLC, bundles and updates since the original release lol

I bought the PS4 Deluxe edition on release (movie + base game and a few cosmetic bonuses iirc), nothing else.

What would be the best way to enjoy the full experience now with all DLCs and stuff for cheap?

Also, should I watch the movie or the short anime episodes first, before actually starting the game to get the full story?

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally considering to play this game.

But I'm a bit confused as they released so many DLC, bundles and updates since the original release lol

I bought the PS4 Deluxe edition on release (movie + base game and a few cosmetic bonuses iirc), nothing else.

What would be the best way to enjoy the full experience now with all DLCs and stuff for cheap?

Also, should I watch the movie or the short anime episodes first, before actually starting the game to get the full story?
You'd need to get the Season Pass ($15) and Royal Pack ($15). The Royal Edition includes both of those DLCs and it's often cheaper on one of its regular digital sales than the total $30 for the SP and RP. The physical Royal Edition should be going for $10-20 at many places now too, so you could also get that and redeem the included vouchers for the SP and RP.

Oh, there's also Episode Ardyn for $10, which is not included in the Season Pass. It was the last piece of DLC for the game and released just a few months ago. I don't think it's really worth it unless you end up beating the game and absolutely loved it wanting more.

You can watch the movie, but I'd honestly argue it's not really a necessary watch to understand the full story; you get the gist of the movie's event in the game itself too (how well that's executed is another question though). The anime also has no bearing on the main story, but you could watch if you want to flesh out the bros' youth a bit. It's free and each of the 5 episodes is only ~10min, so why not if you like.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Thanks for the heads up!
Getting the whole Royal Edition package is definitely cheaper indeed, so even if the disc itself is the same, I've ordered the physical edition for a bit more than 20€ (also I love that new box art).

It's still a good deal and I don't want to wait for another physical/digital sale, although I remember seeing it at 15€ or even less but I wasn't in the mood to play it yet.
Seems like I won't receive it until Wednesday, but that gives me more than enough time to watch the anime episodes and Kingsglaive.

I also received the "A King's Tale" retro game when I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition back in 2016, it is worth it?
If that doesn't spoil anything or such I could give it a go before playing the main game.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up!
Getting the whole Royal Edition package is definitely cheaper indeed, so even if the disc itself is the same, I've ordered the physical edition for a bit more than 20€ (also I love that new box art).

It's still a good deal and I don't want to wait for another physical/digital sale, although I remember seeing it at 15€ or even less but I wasn't in the mood to play it yet.
Seems like I won't receive it until Wednesday, but that gives me more than enough time to watch the anime episodes and Kingsglaive.

I also received the "A King's Tale" retro game when I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition back in 2016, it is worth it?
If that doesn't spoil anything or such I could give it a go before playing the main game.
A King's Tale is a fun little game, nothing major but I think it's worth playing a little bit. Its story doesn't really spoil anything; it's presented as a bedtime story from Regis to Noctis when the latter is still a kid. I wouldn't worry about playing it before the game, but if it looks interesting to you, go for it. It ain't bad.

Jan 11, 2018
If you're using Firefox I'd recommend the Remove YouTube Suggestions add-on. It's probably saved me from bumping into a ton of spoiler videos already.

Also, save all the DLC for post-game. I guess you could play Gladio's DLC during chapter 8 though, if you like. It takes place during chapter 7. But the others spoil major plot twists and even the ending, so they should be saved until you've beaten the final boss of the game and watched the ending.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Ehm.. a Korean Final Fantasy XV Mobile MMORPG has been announced

It plays in a parallel universe, so I my guess is it's not cannon, the same like A New Empire.

I'm happy that XV lives on and I'm curious what this game will be like, but I don't have much faith in this and think it will be a typical grindy Korean MMORPG with bad controls.

And the promotional image is quite funny. It's quite easy to spot which ones are XV characters and which ones are originals

Edit: oh, apparantly it was already announced nearly a year ago. But a trailer should come out soon

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
*Sees Luna front and center*

..... nah that trick never worked.

Also, I don't really have anymore interest in XV after they killed Episode Luna, Aranea, and Noctis and made them into a book. Not sure if this game will even do well but I can't take it seriously with them marketing Luna at the front again lol. Original designs look okay... I guess?

Jan 11, 2018
Also, I don't really have anymore interest in XV after they killed Episode Luna, Aranea, and Noctis and made them into a book. Not sure if this game will even do well but I can't take it seriously with them marketing Luna at the front again lol. Original designs look okay... I guess?

Reading what they had in mind for EL and EN makes me feel like we dodged a bullet, but missing out on EA is a big loss for sure.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
man, episode Ardyn was good.........damn good,

but holy fuck do i hate what Bahamut is in this universe. Dude is a dick and the gods literally just control everything.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Made it to chapter 4. Was kinda hoping my second play through would make me a bit more willing to do the side stuff but nope, got to the same part as the first time I played this and said "no thanks" to the side quests. Game likes to get in its own way for very silly things. Like the Behemoth thing having a quest and a hunt but only the quest works... A bunch of other stuff like no direction hints for things and a very odd fast travel etc. All things that have been mentioned before.

Still though, I dig the characters and setting, and like looking at the world, just not doing SE's versions of side quests in it lol. Going to just do the main story again. I did try to see the joy of the exploration though, just aint for me.

Also did Comrades for the first time for about 3 hours. Could be fun with others but could not connect to anyone so giving up on that too.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Made it to Chapter 7 yesterday and I'm really loving this game. Hope it doesn't disappoint me to the end.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Cross posting from another thread but wondered if this might be a better place to get a response.

It seems the Windows Store version of the Royal Edition has a bug with controller input. There's basically a very noticeable amount of lag/stutter when trying to use a controller and it looks like this stems from the game constantly trying to switch back to Keyboard + Mouse input (As can be seen from controller icons appearing for a few seconds before being replaced with mouse icons again).
From reading around the "Special K" mod fixes this, but I don't think that mod is compatible with the Windows Store version of the game, as it requires you to drop files directly into the isntall directory which I don't think you can do with this version of the game.

Is there a version of that mod that works with the Mod Organizer that DOES work with the Windows Store version of the game?

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a very cheap way to get the Royal Pack? I already have the game but not the royal stuff on my ps4 (I got the royal edition for pc but now want to on my ps4). Tips?

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I beat
Ifrit yesterday, but ended up dying after it, before Ardyn. So now I need to beat him again ¬¬

Is it worth it to go back and do side quests or should I just keep trying to beat the game and play the DLC's?

Are the side content worth it? I'm currently at level 41.

Jan 11, 2018

You could always change the difficulty to easy. No penalty for doing so, and you get the benefit of Carbuncle reviving you in case you die. Doesn't hurt to try it, and if you get to see the cute little fellow at least once all the better. He won't show up during normal difficulty, so most players never get to see him.

Also, at this point it's safe for you to play Episode Gladiolus and Prompto if you want to know what happened when
they weren't in your party during chapter 7 and 12
You get new outfits and powerful weapons for them for the main game by beating them. Avoid Episode Ignis and Ardyn until you've seen the game's ending.

Maybe you could go get some of the missing Royal Arms? The dungeons in this game are the best in the series, imo. There's also exploits you can make use of to gain 50+ levels in no time at all. But that might take the fun out of it.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You could always change the difficulty to easy. No penalty for doing so, and you get the benefit of Carbuncle reviving you in case you die. Doesn't hurt to try it, and if you get to see the cute little fellow at least once all the better. He won't show up during normal difficulty, so most players never get to see him.

Also, at this point it's safe for you to play Episode Gladiolus and Prompto if you want to know what happened when
they weren't in your party during chapter 7 and 12
You get new outfits and powerful weapons for them for the main game by beating them. Avoid Episode Ignis and Ardyn until you've seen the game's ending.

Maybe you could go get some of the missing Royal Arms? The dungeons in this game are the best in the series, imo. There's also exploits you can make use of to gain 50+ levels in no time at all. But that might take the fun out of it.
Yeah, I found another Royal Arm yesterday doing some side quests. But one thing I definitely don't like in this game is how travel works. It makes it to slow to explore the world and do side stuff.

Guess I'll will play the DLC's, beat the game and leave the side quests for later, if I still feel like playing it.

I enjoyed the game overall, but it feels like the Phantom Pain of the series.

Jan 11, 2018
The DLC's make up for it, honestly. I wish TPP had some DLC of this quality that gave you conclusions and answers to questions you might have had.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got it thanks!

so I went back to this baby, and forgot how fun it was. Combat is really fun if you take it slow and actually pay attention to what you're doing.

also realized how stupid some of the cross overevents were. If they just worked instead on creating 4-5 more we'll directed cutscenes and fleshed out dialogue this would have been a perfect game, instead of the unfinished story we got.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I'm finally starting this super late, but I've been told it's a much better experience now that all the DLC is out, the Royal pack, and QoL changes they've made since it released.

However, before I really dive in, should I definitely watch the Brotherhood Anime? It's all on Youtube it seems. Kingsglaive I watched when it came I can't remember anything from it, worth a re-watch?

Basically, will they paint a better picture of the story as a whole by the time I end?

Oh yeah, and I kinda got the very end of the game spoiled to me, so that's great...but it's all about the Journey, right!?