• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
pocket-edition-logo.png

Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition is a demake / port of Final Fantasy XV (released Nov 29, 2016 for PS4/Xbox One, and March 2018 for Windows) for Android, Windows 10 and iOS systems. The game utilises a new chibi artstyle, simplified combat and touch screen controls suited to a more casual audience.

The game was rereleased as Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition HD for PS4, XBO and Switch in September 2018.

yQNsuIt.png

OVERVIEW

Platform:
Android, iOS, Windows 10
Developer: Square Enix
Genre: Action RPG
Release Date: February 9, 2018

iOS App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/finalfantasy-xv-pocket-edition/id1152350815?mt=8
Android Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_google.ffxvpe&hl=en
Windows Store

https://www.microsoft.com/p/final-f...s_spotlight&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

DEVICE COMPATIBILITY

tAL0s3g.png

CHAPTER PRICING

These are US Prices.

B0aAUwp.png

SCREENSHOTS

pocket-edition-screenshot-1.jpg

pocket-edition-screenshot-3.jpg

pocket-edition-screenshot-11.jpg

TRAILERS AND GAMEPLAY VIDEOS:

All images and information taken from the official Pocket Edition website https://www.finalfantasyxv.com/en/pocket-edition

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rikucrafter

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Is that the definitive edition because it's portable?

From what I've played, I'm going to say no. It's a lot more linear and the world isn't open. The feeling of going on a road trip with your friends is there more in cutscenes than the genuine feeling of actually being able to drive the car around. It's pretty enjoyable so far, I'm liking it as a supplementary experience to the full game. (FFXV being my favourite game of all time)

Edit: Nevermind its a meme

The art style for this game reminds me of something else that I just can't put my finger on.

Perhaps Theatrhythm?

201647_detail.jpg

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
From what I've played, I'm going to say no. It's a lot more linear and the world isn't open. The feeling of going on a road trip with your friends is there more in cutscenes than the genuine feeling of actually being able to drive the car around. It's pretty enjoyable so far, I'm liking it as a supplementary experience to the full game. (FFXV being my favourite game of all time)
I'm sorry, it was too subtle :/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/prediction-dark-souls-switch-will-be-the-definitive-version.21685/

On topic, I won't touch this because I'm reserving my 3rd playthrough for the PC version but excited to see how this version is received regardless!

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow I didn't know this was Chibi style. I thought it was the same models as the main game, just really really scaled down in graphics and effects etc.

It looks surprisingly charming, has more of a nostalgic FF twang about it, especially the Chocobo screenshot.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Going crazy trying to find an ingredient before moving onto the Keycatrich Trench in Chapter 2, can't find it for the life of me.

I'm enjoying it as a fan of the original game.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Aww, it looks like my phone is not supported, was looking forward to trying the free chapter :( (Moto G5S)

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
How are you playing this? I have a Galaxy s6 and it's not out for me yet, but if it's already out on App Store I might get my wife to download it to her iPad prompto!

Edit: oh, and glad to see it must be pretty good!
It's out on the App Store here in Australia, not sure about other regions.

Kind of wishing I'd just bought all the chapters outright, works out cheaper than buying them separately. I'm enjoying it as a way to replay the story of FFXV. I really loved the characters and world of XV.

There's some neat things they did with this to make it more linear and mobile friendly. Doesn't feel like a half baked remake to me.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017

Kind of wishing I'd just bought all the chapters outright, works out cheaper than buying them separately. I'm enjoying it as a way to replay the story of FFXV. I really loved the characters and world of XV.

There's some neat things they did with this to make it more linear and mobile friendly. Doesn't feel like a half baked remake to me.
Nice to hear. Can you tell a bit about the structure of the game? Like is it possible to revisit early chapters?

Deleted member 16743

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh brilliant! I was sure I'd read something right around the time of the announcement that the main game was also going to be altered to help with getting from one story beat to the next. Very hyped personally.

There's a bunch of stuff you can choose:
Graphics: highest, high, medium, lite
Draw Resolution: high, standard, low, device
FPS: maximum, 60, 30.

Fantastic!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Probably won't get to play this much until I get home from work, but I'm looking forward to it. It looks like a pretty cute way to see FFXV's story.

Hopefully it's on the Windows 10 store by then.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I downloaded it and am going to be keeping as open a mind as I can possibly muster...

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much experience with mobile games but is it common for games to have such graphical options?
Usually there's a standard/lite option, but this is quite big.
It runs good with high/high/60 fps on my iPhone X.

Gameplay is more fun to play than to watch I have to admit.
The Italian translation has some problems early on chapter one, so if I buy the whole package I'll probably play in English.
Anyway, it's great that they let us play chapter one for free.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be playing this, but I drop mobile games really quickly. Hopefully I can stick to this one.