• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

YWB2g7Z.png

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I don't recall, do Season Pass/Comrades owners get standalone Comrades for free? Will we all play together? Will it have a unique Trophy set (Platinum)?

Jan 11, 2018
A physical release for PS4 bundled with Monster of the Deep, Platinum Demo, A King's Tale and some other obscure stuff would be nice.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm okay. Hope they do they right thing.
They really gotta overhaul some of the systems like the super inconvenient party invite or generally the cumbersome gameplay loop and redundant loading screens etc., otherwise this whole thing seems super useless. Thing is, it actually had some real potential and could be pretty fun at times, but this obviously was just a first test for them and tentative steps. Definitely warmed me up to possible future action-based FF with co-op though.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, as it is right now, if you don't have a ssd, Comrades is Loading Screens: The Game. And that is coming from someone that suffered through Sonic 06.

And I played it with a friend a couple of times, and the first time it took us a lot to take the party set up because we were faffing around with the menus trying to find what to do.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as it is right now, if you don't have a ssd, Comrades is Loading Screens: The Game. And that is coming from someone that suffered through Sonic 06.

And I played it with a friend a couple of times, and the first time it took us a lot to take the party set up because we were faffing around with the menus trying to find what to do.
It definitely feels like it was designed by people who don't play online games much.

But wait, if you have a SSD and it loads faster for you, don't you still have to wait for your online partners with slower HDDs (if you're not playing solo only obviously)? :thinking:

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
It definitely feels like it was designed by people who don't play online games much.

But wait, if you have a SSD and it loads faster for you, don't you still have to wait for your online partners with slower HDDs (if you're not playing solo only obviously)? :thinking:

No, my friend had an ssd and he just started the mission before I finished loading, so at least they don't have to wait for us plebs.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hey cutie pies, I just bought the Royal Edition for PS4 pro and I was wondering, what settings do you guys recommend?

I play on a 1080 screen btw. Has the performance mode increased? I remember initial reports were that it was ~45fps

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Hey cutie pies, I just bought the Royal Edition for PS4 pro and I was wondering, what settings do you guys recommend?

I play on a 1080 screen btw. Has the performance mode increased? I remember initial reports were that it was ~45fps
Don't think it improved much afaik. I personally prefer the Steady Mode capped at 30 because it just feels more consistent instead of the Lite Mode's jumping between 40 and 50. The High Mode still has framepacing issues, but I don't have a 4K TV anyway and my Pro gets crazy loud in High Mode.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
LttP I know, but I only just finished the base game content (windows version). I admit to being very wary at first given FFXV's storied development, but I quite liked it actually, warts and all. What are opinions generally like of the Episode _ DLCs? Are they worth trying?
I played most of the game with the Avatara enabled, which made the pre-rendered / default-model cutscenes pretty jarring; I imagine playing a female avatar would be even moreso.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
LttP I know, but I only just finished the base game content (windows version). I admit to being very wary at first given FFXV's storied development, but I quite liked it actually, warts and all. What are opinions generally like of the Episode _ DLCs? Are they worth trying?
I played most of the game with the Avatara enabled, which made the pre-rendered / default-model cutscenes pretty jarring; I imagine playing a female avatar would be even moreso.
Episode Gladio is meh, Episode Prompto and Ignis are nice. They all offer 1-2 hours of new content with new areas, story, music, and unique gameplay (after all the DLC was out late last year they integrated the other bros unique combat into the main game for the character switching feature you can unlock through the Ascension grid). If you liked the main game you should just try them out since they're short anyway.

The Comrades Multiplayer DLC (whose character creator is the one used for the Avatara system btw) has a partially better combat than the main game, but is player base-wise pretty much dead at this point and unless you like to play solo with AI bots and do grindy missions with too many loading screens it's not really worth it. Incidentally they're about to release the Comrades multiplayer as a standalone game, though we don't have any info yet (I assume we'll hear about it soon judging by the rating board entries popping up recently in Australia and Germany). Hopefully they overhauled it in a substantial way if they want it to drive any long-term engagement (issues like the super inconvenient party invite or generally the cumbersome gameplay loop and redundant loading screens etc.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't recall, do Season Pass/Comrades owners get standalone Comrades for free? Will we all play together? Will it have a unique Trophy set (Platinum)?
They told nothing, but they should really considering giving the stand-alone version to all season pass/Comrades owners. Because it costs nothing to SE and people can uninstall FFXV while only having Comrades installed. On Steam is very easy to do such a thing, just modify a package so it gives you the stand-alone version of Comrades if you own XV already, on PSN it should work the same way PSN gives you "free" crossbuy titles, if you own the PS3 version the PS4 is free.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The first scene in the new trailer will be Dawn 1.0 trailer just watch. They can't throw away such brilliance.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
All I want is the ability to properly remap the controls on PS4. X to Jump and Interact is an abomination.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same day as the KH III panel. It's going to be a good day.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just ordered a copy of PS4 Royal Edition today.... but I guess I won't open it till after the announcement stream. Ya think there could be another physical collection on the way with more DLC incoming?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I just ordered a copy of PS4 Royal Edition today.... but I guess I won't open it till after the announcement stream. Ya think there could be another physical collection on the way with more DLC incoming?
Obviously there's gonna be another final Complete Edition some time next year after the Season 2 DLC that's coming Spring-Summer 2019. Just for your interest: the Royal Edition is literally the same 1.0 launch version of the main game on disc and the Season Pass and Royal Pack are only included as vouchers. If you already had the vanilla game before you might as well have gotten the Royal Edition digitally for cheap at one of the regular sales and would have the advantage of owning the game digitally too.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Obviously there's gonna be another final Complete Edition some time next year after the Season 2 DLC that's coming Spring-Summer 2019. Just for your interest: the Royal Edition is literally the same 1.0 launch version of the main game on disc and the Season Pass and Royal Pack are only included as vouchers. If you already had the vanilla game before you might as well have gotten the Royal Edition digitally for cheap at one of the regular sales and would have the advantage of owning the game digitally too.
Yeah I did have the vanilla game. I did get the physical Royal Edition for <50% of the digital price so it's not a bad deal even considering a sale..... but yeah I could return it depending on what I see in the livestream.

If I have to wait a year for a complete collection, I guess it's not worth worrying about.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I did have the vanilla game. I did get the physical Royal Edition for <50% of the digital price so it's not a bad deal even considering a sale..... but yeah I could return it depending on what I see in the livestream.

If I have to wait a year for a complete collection, I guess it's not worth worrying about.
There's been digital sales every few weeks though with the Royal Edition for $20-25 on consoles and Steam too. You basically just bought the same disc twice and the DLC are vouchers only anyway. If you already have vanilla FFXV I would just buy the Royal Edition or eventual Complete Edition digitally.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's been digital sales every few weeks though with the Royal Edition for $20-25 on consoles and Steam too. You basically just bought the same disc twice and the DLC are vouchers only anyway. If you already have vanilla FFXV I would just buy the Royal Edition or eventual Complete Edition digitally.
Considering I have the vanilla disc, I'm the kind of physical hoarder who would rather have a useless 2nd physical box on my shelf than a useless 2nd digital copy. ;) But yeah if I can actually get that DLC for cheaper than I paid in the next few weeks, back it goes.

Deleted member 41713

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 4, 2018
They better spoil us for being silent for 6-months... nahh who am I kidding, I'll take even a 15sec PV at this point lol.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Is getting the skill points for the skill trees still a case of killing the enemies just outside Hammerhead, or is there a more involving way that still gives them at the same rate?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Is getting the skill points for the skill trees still a case of killing the enemies just outside Hammerhead, or is there a more involving way that still gives them at the same rate?
Some of the Timed Quests that rotate daily offer good EXP/AP. You can access them from the main menu. They change daily, but it's possible to just change your PC/console's date to repeat whatever quest you need. Check out this post that has a schedule for the Timed Quests.

Last year I unlocked every AP node (needed ~24k AP) farming through the monster summoning method at that special spot here and also a slightly faster method I came up with accidentally (do the timed quest where there's a timer for killing waves of Sabertusks and before the timer is up equip the Ragnarok sword so that the quest is cancelled, then you can just start it again - you could probably just walk out of the quest area for it to cancel, but this is quicker). For both methods I used the Zwill Crossblades instead of the Shield of the Just, as they don't consume HP after every attack and are more powerful and quicker even if they don't have the AOE effect when warp-striking like the shield.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks a lot for that, that's really helpful.

I was fairly high leveled off I remember correctly, but I've not played the main game in ages. The last thing I tried to do was that dungeon near the Insomnia roadblock, which had a Naga boss that absolutely annihilated me.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Thanks a lot for that, that's really helpful.

I was fairly high leveled off I remember correctly, but I've not played the main game in ages. The last thing I tried to do was that dungeon near the Insomnia roadblock, which had a Naga boss that absolutely annihilated me.

That's a tough fight, but mostly due to the status effects it drops. I think I managed to do it with a party level in 60-70 range before starting Ch. 8.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Welp.... That is some dissapointing news to be waking up to. And I was so hoping that episode Luna and Aranea would flesh them out some more (especially Luna).

But oh well, still looking forward for episode Ardin and wish Tabata luck in his future endeavors.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that is not clear, unless I missed something, there was no mention of the advanced mod tools right? I hope they aren't cancelled along with everything else.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this came out of left field. I mean, the whole creation of Luminous Productions was a bit of a head-scratcher for me anyway, but the fact that this all happened so quickly I did not expect.

I hope Tabata can figure out his own path. Maybe he can team up with the Guch.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
So from what people are saying the more advanced mod tools are canceled as well? That sucks, honestly to me that hurts more than the cancellation of the other episodes.

And the Comrades updates not coming to pc are dissapointing but expected, Comrades is absolutely dead on pc, I would have hoped that this would revitalize it somewhat but oh well.

On a more positive note the trailer for episode Ardyn looks really cool, playable Insomnia during the daytime baybeee.

Also I find it absolutely hilarious that young Verstatel has Sasuke's japanese voice actor.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
o from what people are saying the more advanced mod tools are canceled as well? That sucks, honestly to me that hurts more than the cancellation of the other episodes.

And the Comrades updates not coming to pc are dissapointing but expected, Comrades is absolutely dead on pc, I would have hoped that this would revitalize it somewhat but oh well.

On a more positive note the trailer for episode Ardyn looks really cool, playable Insomnia during the daytime baybeee.

That "no longer in development" referred to the level editor / quest making tool seemed to me to be the going assumption. Definitely could have been cool though, going by the sorts of things people have done with the model replacer tool.

For the Comrades thing, from what I saw of the stream's content it seemed like it was only that PC was not getting the standalone version, and that the new mission/boss/whatever was still coming.

Personally, I wish they'd got around to expanding the explorable zones of the Imperial continent, especially Tenebrae.