• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the only other thing that is coming is the standalone comrades, and I doubt that they would make another re-release just for that.

I am seeing conflicting reports on whatever or not the advanced mod tools are canceled or not, until there is clear confirmation one way or the other I am just going to think that they are canceled anyway. No point in getting my hopes up after today.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Episode Ardyn is coming.

As for those of you waiting for Season Pass to go on sale, it seems from the stream, they announced the price of the Season Pass will reduce. (In December?) So, yeah, there you go.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
Me

lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot-5239063.png

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the only other thing that is coming is the standalone comrades, and I doubt that they would make another re-release just for that.

I am seeing conflicting reports on whatever or not the advanced mod tools are canceled or not, until there is clear confirmation one way or the other I am just going to think that they are canceled anyway. No point in getting my hopes up after today.
The slide said that production on Windows Edition was canceled.

Since PC is still getting the content, that really can only mean the mod stuff and RTX features.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
So let's speculate / hope about what Episode Arydn will be:

1. Answers where Ardyn has been for 2000 years (big plot hole already answered in the tease)
2. Now explains what the prophecy was all about (Bahamut and Somnus likely sealed Ardyn away for 2000 years because the power of light needed to truly kill him required 2000 years of charging the ring?)
3. A 2-3 hour story contained in small Insomnia areas that involve Ardyn climbing up towers beating pre-Kingsglaives (but they don't exist yet, right?) and the Kings of Yore, culminating in a battle with Regis
4. Regis will ultimately kill Ardyn who will just revive outside of Insomnia and join up with Nifleheim . Regis will be unaware that Ardyn returns and remains ignorant because Ardyn takes the Izunia name.

My hope: Ardyn's return will be the reason Bahamut has no choice but to anoint the next king, Noctis, the 'final heir' and chosen one. Regis finds out when Noctis is 6 and the episode ends with the Dawn trailer scene finally restored to the game proper as Regis realizes the terrible destiny awaiting his son.

After credit scene: It is revealed that the Omen trailer's ending occurs after Regis meets Ardyn again in Insomnia, now fully aware now of who Arydn really is. The mysterious voice from the trailer is revealed to not be the Crystal as some speculated but Ardyn all along.

Last edited:

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So let's speculate / hope about what Episode Arydn will be:

1. Answers where Ardyn has been for 2000 years (big plot hole already answered in the tease)
2. Now explains what the prophecy was all about (Bahamut and Somnus likely sealed Arydn away for 2000 years because the power of light needed to truly kill him required 2000 years of charging the ring?)
3. A 2-3 hour story contained in small Insomnia areas that involve Ardyn climbing up towers beating pre-Kingsglaives (but they don't exist yet, right?) and the Kings of Yore, culminating in a battle with Regis
4. Regis will ultimately kill Ardyn who will just revive outside of Insomnia and join up with Nifleheim . Regis will be unaware that Ardyn returns and remains ignorant because Ardyn takes the Izunia name.

My hope: Ardyn's return will be the reason Bahamut has no choice but to anoint the next king, Noctis, the 'final heir' and chosen one. Regis finds out when Noctis is 6 and the episode ends with the Dawn trailer scene finally restored to the game proper as Regis realizes the terrible destiny awaiting his son.

After credit scene: It is revealed that the Omen trailer's ending occurs after Regis meets Ardyn again in Insomnia, now fully aware now of who Arydn really is. The mysterious voice from the trailer is revealed to not the Crystal as some speculated but Ardyn all along.

Really cool ideas.

I just don't understand why
then would Regis would not remember Ardyn in Kingsglaive?

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Really cool ideas.

I just don't understand why
then would Regis would not remember Ardyn in Kingsglaive?

I would guess it would be a
combination of 30 years passing, Regis thinking he already killed Ardyn, and/or never having actually seen Councillor Ardyn's face until he comes to the throne room. Or simply Ardyn would use those tricks of his to either confuse Regis or maybe erase his memory of himself?

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Ardyn and Regis.

I like to think that they DO recognize each other during Kingsglaive. Regis knows exactly who Ardyn is, and what he's planning. But they have to keep the charade in order to make their own plans work without the intervention of the Lucian Council and the Kingsglaive. This makes the scene in Kingsglaive a lot more tense, in my opinion. Both of them know each other, but are playing along since Regis knows that fighting Ardyn in the throne room would be completely useless.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the physical version of the Royal Edition include all the dlc and updates to the point of release on the disc or just include a code?

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things that I am curious about the Ardyn dlc is, what kind of unlockable is it going to have on the main game? I mean every other episode dlc had a weapon and a costume for the protagonist for the dlc, so for this one what are they going to have if anything at all?

A red recolor of the royal arms, and an Ardyn costume for Noctis?

OP
OP
Ignis

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Wow just caught up on all the news.

What a complete shitshow lol. This event really encapsulates the complete mismanagement by the monkeys at Square Enix doesn't it?

I'm disappointed but not surprised. Seriously there was a much more elegant way to handle this whole fiasco than in an "special program livestream" god damn.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
One of the bad things about this whole cancellation bussiness is that Luna will forever remain a plot device rather than a character, and that is just sad. R.I.P

Also now I can say with confidence Noctis x Sarah OTP.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things that I am curious about the Ardyn dlc is, what kind of unlockable is it going to have on the main game? I mean every other episode dlc had a weapon and a costume for the protagonist for the dlc, so for this one what are they going to have if anything at all?

A red recolor of the royal arms, and an Ardyn costume for Noctis?
Somnus' costume for Noctis, lol.

I don't know if I like how similar Somnus looks to Noctis - a bit too on the nose, imo. I mean, it's also 2000 years ago.

jxyyNDh.gif
VDmf0WX.gif

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Somnus' costume for Noctis, lol.

I don't know if I like how similar Somnus looks to Noctis - a bit too on the nose, imo. I mean, it's also 2000 years ago.

jxyyNDh.gif
VDmf0WX.gif

Yeah, now that I can look at him for more than one second I can see that he looks a lot like beardless old Noctis. And tbh? That is a pretty cool costume, I wouldn't mind that being the main game unlockable.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, now that I can look at him for more than one second I can see that he looks a lot like beardless old Noctis. And tbh? That is a pretty cool costume, I wouldn't mind that being the main game unlockable.
I'm pretty sure it's also the same animations. I recognize the body posture and walk, lol.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
As things currently stand I wouldn't be surprised if they are just reusing the model and animation rigging, as the dlc is probably being done with a shoestring budget.

There's nothing to suggest the budget is low. The development looks like it was far along before the budget was cut. If the other DLCs ever get made they would likely be done in the cheap.

Oct 28, 2017
sad news for the finale of ffxv

now the royal edition is around $25 physical, if i bought it, would it come with codes of royal edition and season pass ? or i 've to buy season pass from store?
if season pass is included, future Arydn episode will be free ? or with extra $$ ?

sorry for obvious questions , not familiar with DLCs other that free ones ^^"

Deleted member 41713

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Is there a reaction thread to the stream where we can voice our disappointment or is this here the only active XV thread on ERA?

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Watched Final fantasy peasant's Episode Ardyn analysis.

It really put things into perspective that Ardyn might not be a total villain. He only wanted revenge to the Lucian kings and the gods who betrayed him.

He guided Noctis to fulfill his fate while Ardyn had tons of chances to kill everyone in the world.

He also didn't use Father's sword at the end and let Noctis killed him with that sword. In the Ardyn trailer we could see that he had that sword 30 years ago.

There's also the parallel where Ifrit was the only god to guide the human but he was also the god corrupted by Ardyn

rukloveis

Nov 13, 2017
https://jp.finalfantasy.com/news/2240

FF XV has sold 8.4 million copies now after october 2018.

「ファイナルファンタジー」シリーズ最新作、全世界販売本数840万本※1突破!
「リアル」と「ファンタジー」の融合により生み出される圧倒的な世界観とグラフィック、そしてシリーズ初の挑戦となる「オープンワールド」の採用、さらにアクション性の高い爽快なバトルの導入によって、プレイヤーは世界に浸り、これまでにない最高の自由と臨場感を味わうことができる。
※1…パッケージ出荷本数とダウンロード販売数の合計

Last edited:

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
https://jp.finalfantasy.com/news/2240

FF XV has sold 8.4 million copies now after october 2018.

「ファイナルファンタジー」シリーズ最新作、全世界販売本数840万本※1突破!
「リアル」と「ファンタジー」の融合により生み出される圧倒的な世界観とグラフィック、そしてシリーズ初の挑戦となる「オープンワールド」の採用、さらにアクション性の高い爽快なバトルの導入によって、プレイヤーは世界に浸り、これまでにない最高の自由と臨場感を味わうことができる。
※1…パッケージ出荷本数とダウンロード販売数の合計

#ThankYouTabata

Dang. Those sales are crazy. I knew the game would make it past 6M, easily passing that 5M internal goal, but 8.4M is much farther than I thought it would.

Looking forward to Episode Ardyn.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't understand the need for constant validation and comparison by some in the FF community. I never see fans of the other series feel the need to do this. It's baffling.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to grind out the remaining Comrades trophies before the removal soon with some help from some FFBE Era friends. XV at 100% until Ep: Ardyn releases :)

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna start a new 100% play through right after I finish KH2 FM (getting ready for III!)

Two year anniversary has come today. The memories!

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
But wouldn't that simply means that to get the platinum you would no longer need to get those trophies anymore? I mean it would be extremely stupid of them to make the platinum unaccesible to people who haven't gotten it yet.