• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Now don't get me wrong because I like Luna but I just played through that Terra Wars event and I was getting some special feelings between Sarah and Noct. They had some real chemistry. It was a good and fun sidequest. I would have been fine with more random bumps into Sarah, as unlikely as that may be lol.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Now don't get me wrong because I like Luna but I just played through that Terra Wars event and I was getting some special feelings between Sarah and Noct. They had some real chemistry. It was a good and fun sidequest. I would have been fine with more random bumps into Sarah, as unlikely as that may be lol.
You're not the only one thinking that about the chemistry between them, lol. First thing everyone said after playing it.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Well the thing is that for chemistry to ocurr two people have to interact, and Luna and Noctis only interacted when they were children, and even then what we only saw was them talking about their duty.

You may argue the book thingie but even then we only see them saying "I am here"- "Ok I will go there", and not much more than that.

It is only after Luna's death that we see how Noctis really feels about her, and viceversa. If they wanted us to see anything between them they should have shown us more face-to-face interactions of Luna and Noctis.

It also doesn't help that Luna is less a character and more a plot point, and now with the cancellation of her dlc she will remain like that forever.

Jan 11, 2018
Noctis and Luna's relationship is one of the most forced in the entire series. It feels so tacked on. Even Snow and Serah feels more genuine.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, not having Noctis and Luna meet throughout the game was one of the worst decisions story-wise. Wish the game had the proper attack on Insomnia and it was Noctis + bros instead of Nyx interacting with Luna.

Jan 11, 2018
I feel like Noctis and Luna just being friends would also have worked. Somehow, it's implied that stakes are raised if there's romance involved. It's something I really appreciate about Lightning. Three games, and not once did Toriyama feel the need to shoehorn in a man in her life and turn her into Quistis.

When's the last time they meet before Altissia?

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Noctis and Luna just being friends would also have worked. Somehow, it's implied that stakes are raised if there's romance involved. It's something I really appreciate about Lightning. Three games, and not once did Toriyama feel the need to shoehorn in a man in her life and turn her into Quistis.

When's the last time they meet before Altissia?

When Noctis went to Tenebrae to treat his wounds before the empire invasion on Tenebrae, so literally when they were children in the flashbacks.

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Noctis and Luna's relationship is one of the most forced in the entire series. It feels so tacked on. Even Snow and Serah feels more genuine.
I find it funny that I think Noctis and Iris (even Serah, a character that's just in one sidequest and from a diffrent series) have much better chemistry together than Noctis and Luna. There's zero chemistry between the two and I can't think of any other relationship that's as bad as this one. I hate the fact that Sqaure insists on this pairing when there are clearly much better options than Luna, a character that I find to be dreadfully boring.

Jan 11, 2018
When Noctis went to Tenebrae to treat his wounds before the empire invasion on Tenebrae, so literally when they were children in the flashbacks.

That makes the romance aspect of their relationship even harder to buy. They knew each other as kids, and kept in touch via short letters as adults. They're not even past the dating phase.

I find it funny that I think Noctis and Iris (even Serah, a character that's just in one sidequest and from a diffrent series) have much better chemistry together than Noctis and Luna. There's zero chemistry between the two and I can't think of any other relationship that's as bad as this one. I hate the fact that Sqaure insists on this pairing when there are clearly much better options than Luna, a character that I find to be dreadfully boring.

Noctis even has better chemistry with Prompto, especially when you factor in Brotherhood. With Iris it feels a bit one-sided on her part, but I definitely think he's got chemistry with Sarah.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
That makes the romance aspect of their relationship even harder to buy. They knew each other as kids, and kept in touch via short letters as adults. They're not even past the dating phase.

Noctis even has better chemistry with Prompto, especially when you factor in Brotherhood. With Iris it feels a bit one-sided on her part, but I definitely think he's got chemistry with Sarah.

Yeah, Noctis' relationship with Luna and some of the lackluster sidequests are the low point of the game for me.

They probably had planed to do more with Luna, but the short development cicle left her as the literal walking plot point that she is now.

When I say short development cicle I mean for XV proper of course, having to develop the game along with the enginge in just 3 years means that a lot of things had to be cut. And honestly I consider it a miracle that the game came out as good as it is in just that short a time period.

Jan 11, 2018
It's a bit weird how Noctis and Luna are eclipsed by Ifrit and Shiva, which is by far the more important romantic relationship out of the two.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I like the idea of Noct and Luna - two childhood friends that haven't seen each other in over a decade but happy with the announcement of their engagement and eager to meeting one another again. It isn't something that happens often. But I think it really needed one awkward and tragic "first" date in Altissia before Leviathan destroyed everything to sell the angle.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
There has been some information about various stuff in the latest FFXV Animate Talkshow Event Report, and a user in Twitter has made a translation of the biger points of the event.

Just in case the twit doesn't show:
- Episode 4 of Brotherhood was at one point entirely different in where Ignis beats a criminal half to death in a bout of rage(holy shit xd).
-Episode Ardyn will answer remaining questions.
-Some info about how Ignis what if scenario plays out will be revealed. For example the identity of the mysterious voice (I'm betting it is Not!Luna from the poster).
-The episode Ardyn anime prologue is complete already.
-The Ardyn episode itself is on schedule for its release on March.
-A majority of the lines for the canceled DLC were already recorded.
-They want to present the canceled DLC in some way or another although they are not sure how just yet.They asked the audience to raise their hand for the option they liked the best, including novels, anime, comics, drama cds, even a movie
-They plan to show another trailer for episode Ardyn for the Animate event in Tokyo.

Man the bits about the canceled DLC hurt so much, if they had so much already done why cancel it? ugh.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised that they'd already recorded most of the dialogue.

Really wish it hadn't been canned. :( Hopefully we get another anime series like Brotherhood.

And hopefully, if they do, they also dub it in English this time. >:( And go back and dub Brotherhood and Episode Ardyn while they're at it.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how Brotherhood was, I wouldn't mind the rest of the stories being done in anime form. Can't wait to see the Ardyn anime, actually.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

🤔🤔🤔

Also some Kingsglaive tidbits:

RPObrmd.png

sIuknXp.png

Source.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
I would like either the in-engine cutscenes or an anime. With the anime they wouldn't have to be constrained to the in-game assets and as such they would have more freedom in what they can do, and with the in-engine cutscenes you don't run into the problems of poor animation quality.

So I wouldn't mind either or.

Just no drama-cd or novels please, if those happen they would most likely not get translated, specially in the case of the drama-cds.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell would anyone choose drama CD or novel, when anime or movie is also available to choose.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
In a more pleasant note. I freaking love the xiv outfits, the new summon is great too.

I also think it has the highest probability of showing up, ever since I got it, it to has appeared at least 6 times already.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
In a more pleasant note. I freaking love the xiv outfits, the new summon is great too.

I also think it has the highest probability of showing up, ever since I got it, it to has appeared at least 6 times already.
I did this last night and I loved this too. The outfits are great. I haven't gotten her as a summon yet but I might play around with the fortress and get those weapons, they seem ridiculously overpowered and I can't resist the temptation.

I'm also a total madman for starting over with Comrades but somehow I've gotten other players to join with me for the first time ever every time.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
On PC it seems as dead as ever, and I don't feel like restarting over to do all that grinding xd.

Specially since the update is just those ten bosses, and 9 of them are a joke while the last one is cheap as hell. So it doesn't seem very balanced either.

Oct 25, 2017

It still blows my mind that a JRPG has some of the best animations of this generation. The level of detail, movement and blending are easily on par with Naughty Dog's efforts so far.

I have been playing Dragon Quest XI lately and everything feels so stiff, so rigid. I popped FFXV in to play the new quests and felt refreshed with the fantastic amount of detail put into the world and the characters.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm visiting my family for Christmas, and decided to bring my PS4 with me.

My stepbrother saw me playing FFXV and said, "Whoa, is that Skyrim?"

I'm so upset right now lmao.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Have they said how long the XIV collab is going on?

Eh. Maybe Square just figured it was time to move on. We got over a year and a half of continuous DLC support, that's way more than most RPGs ever get.

That's more DLC than most games get. Especially single-player games. After a year it's usually time to move the team onto new projects.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The new XIV outfits are so good. I've been doing some filler quests that I didn't bother doing before just because I got these new outfits and these god tier weapons and didn't want to waste them. I might boot up the game and do another playthrough when the Ardyn episode comes out.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of performance can I expect with a GTX 1060 6gig and a i5 6600?

Google results are all over the place and I dont know what to expect if I buy it.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of performance can I expect with a GTX 1060 6gig and a i5 6600?

Google results are all over the place and I dont know what to expect if I buy it.

There is a free demo on steam, that covers the entire first chapter in the open world. The performance of the demo is practically 1-1 to the full game so give it a shot, it is the most accurate result that you can get.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
From where can i get the items to buy new stuff form the shop? (XIV shop)
If you want the 8 new Garuda weapons you need 120 Tomestones. You can find 90 Tomestones by exploring and platforming in the base and the rest you have to farm from beating the boss rematch (on any level) by talking to the round machine thingy in front of the gate next to the shop. It took me 2min or so for each rematch, so roughly an hour to farm 30 Tomestones. For the second batch of weapons you'll need 4 Adamantites which you have to farm from the Adamantoise (just use the Ring's Alterna spell on it - takes a few tries sometimes, but it's definitely the quickest way to kill it).

Here are the locations for the Tomestones you can find by platforming (3 spots with 30 of stones each):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJztOZObRAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LT7tZ6_rQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncVpDnlPy8

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
You can farm Garuda pretty easily with Ragnarok and the rare metal accessory and whatever strength boosting accessories and weapons you want to use. You just warp strike her over and over and you should be able to finish her in less than a minute every time.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Started Comrades for the first time (was waiting for friend to finish the mains story, so that we could play together,) and don't really have much thoughts on it but I am disappointed that the online is dead. Nobody is in the lobbies, and I was hoping that the online would have gotten a boost with Comrades being standalone. Eh, so far the missions are only mobs. Was kinda expecting it to be more like MHW lol, where all you do was fight bosses with friends haha.

Jan 11, 2018
Started Comrades for the first time (was waiting for friend to finish the mains story, so that we could play together,) and don't really have much thoughts on it but I am disappointed that the online is dead. Nobody is in the lobbies, and I was hoping that the online would have gotten a boost with Comrades being standalone. Eh, so far the missions are only mobs. Was kinda expecting it to be more like MHW lol, where all you do was fight bosses with friends haha.

There are people playing, but you kind of have to go out of your way to find them. There's a lot of matchmaking going on via the FFXV Reddit Discord for example.

Mitochondrion

Oct 27, 2017
I am out of touch with this game. All I know recently is that Hajime has left Square Enix and there was some DLC that was supposed to be developed in 2019. I have heard that some of the DLC will be cancelled. I only have the base game and not the Royal Edition. The Royal Edition is not even the complete game.

What I would like to know is, will there be a true complete edition of this game? I do not think there will be a remaster (or a port) for PlayStation 5. I really am not too keen on buying the Royal Edition and then buy the additional DLC on top of the Royal Edition. This game should have a complete edition. It is the only game that I know that does not have a complete edition.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I am out of touch with this game. All I know recently is that Hajime has left Square Enix and there was some DLC that was supposed to be developed in 2019. I have heard that some of the DLC will be cancelled. I only have the base game and not the Royal Edition. The Royal Edition is not even the complete game.

What I would like to know is, will there be a true complete edition of this game? I do not think there will be a remaster (or a port) for PlayStation 5. I really am not too keen on buying the Royal Edition and then buy the additional DLC on top of the Royal Edition. This game should have a complete edition. It is the only game that I know that does not have a complete edition.
We don't know yet, but pretty likely there's gonna be one next year after the last DLC is out (Episode Ardyn).

Mitochondrion

Oct 27, 2017
We don't know yet, but pretty likely there's gonna be one next year after the last DLC is out (Episode Ardyn).

Ah Koozek! I was hoping you might reply. I think you could be right, the safest bet is to wait a year or two. Do you think Final Fantasy XVI will be announced this year? Or is it too early to announce and Square Enix should announce it after Final Fantasy VII Remake is completely done.