• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Obviously according to SteamSpy.

Release date: Mar 6, 2018
Price: $49.99
Score rank: 65% Userscore: 87%
Owners: 204,053 ± 14,198
Peak players: 25,269

Mind that SteamSpy number is delayed by 3 days so it's probably higher at this time. You may add 10k copies from the other stores for total PC sales and I'm being generous there. Anyway, on top of the pace of the game's selling, it has also topped Nier Automata concurrent peak players which were 22k at launch. This may be the most successful JRPG launch on Steam ever.

I think a chart would help put this in perspective for people a little better. (More visual) texhnolyze Could you put this in the first post?

DX5QE-yV4AASVa5.jpg

DX5QxMaUQAAZSWI.jpg

Note that these figures do not include Steamspy's error margins.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, multiple reports that it goes to ~20 FPS as soon as any summon happens...

If it was a simultaneous release, I can't imagine how much less attention it would've gotten from the devs. And would prolly be a technical train wreck.

So they just need to plan their projects better so they can release on multiple platforms at the same time while not being a train wreck.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I mean, multiple reports that it goes to ~20 FPS as soon as any summon happens...

If it was a simultaneous release, I can't imagine how much less attention it would've gotten from the devs. And would prolly be a technical train wreck.
Luckily summons in FFXV are barely even a thing. Beat the game and I don't even remember any.

OrionsNebula

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it and have been playing it. It actually feels soooo much better than playing it on PS4. Definitely worth the double dip for me now, even if the story did not grab me the first time through, the gameplay is fun enough!

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm so glad it's doing great! Despite all its very well-known issues, it's a genuinely great title with tons of heart and charm and the team has done their best to keep improving an already good experience.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Early metacritic reviews are pretty damn good as well, currently awaiting that 4th review but we're 90/90/85 right now

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much was Nier at launch

130kish, though that launched on a Friday, so it's a little skewed. XV will undoubtedly get a decent bump today and Saturday.

So it seems solid enough numbers. Seems mostly in line with a lot of other AAA games that don't neccessarily set the PC world on fire but not a dud.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cool a game released over a year late with lukewarm reception sold over 200k units in the first week at $50 I say that's good.

Now Square hopefully sales will convince you to at least consider KH games for PC.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Not a nice thing to say - apart from the fact that his logic was sound. When you double dip, you often DO wait for the second time to be cheaper. Not sure why that's so hard to fathom?

His logic is double dippers are a majority, so basically devs should release on other platforms later, rather than a worldwide release on all platforms together.

Uncalibrated

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Steam Spy pulls data every minute, but updates visializations only once a day at night (GMT+2), so there is no point in refreshing it more often. The data is based on several days samples: from three days for individual apps to seven days for location-based info. It means that Steam Spy is competely unreliable for recently released games.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Dark Souls 3 had sold like 500k copies in 3 days, so FF/ Square have some catching up to do.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's alright I guess. What would the LTD be like? Any chance to reach 1.5M?

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Steam Spy pulls data every minute, but updates visializations only once a day at night (GMT+2), so there is no point in refreshing it more often. The data is based on several days samples: from three days for individual apps to seven days for location-based info. It means that Steam Spy is competely unreliable for recently released games.
True. But at least it's a good estimation.

It won't be that far off from that and will always go up from here, not down.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Dark Souls is an action rpg made by a japanse company, therefore is a jrpg

Dark fantasy isnt only delivered by the west.

Uncalibrated

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Lots of people are probably waiting for their data caps to reset before they buy. Others with SSD-only rigs could be attempting to complete and delete their backlogs of large games before they buy FFXV. 100 gig install and 75 gig download is an issue for some.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't 3 days shorter than the amount of time typically needed to get really accurate results out of SteamSpy? I thought it took a few weeks in most cases.