• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, it's more of a workaround than a crack but it works

3DM, a famous Chinese cracking group did it, this is what they're saying:

the packaged / zipped file is the retail version in full. The unencrypted patch (cracked patch?) used [in this case] is based on the demo version. Players have confirmed that we can play through chapters two and three, but we will have to continue testing to see whether or not the full is available.
The retailed version is confirmed to be encrypted (DRM protected?), and pirating players can use this version in order to get the contents of the retail (uncracked) version. Pre-order DLCs are currently not available. One a cracked version based on the non-cracked retail version is released, we will release a cracked patch based on the retail release as soon as possible.

people on reddit are confirming the game is perfectly playable up until chapter 6 so far

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
from what i was informed, the origin pre load came out unencrypted for some reason, so 3DM was able to work on it.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interested to see performance comparisons with the Denuvo version compared to the cracked non Denuvo version. This will be a pretty good oppurtunity to see just how much Denuvo impacts performance on a AAA game as big as this.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
didnt expect anything different. same thing happened with shadow of war. 4k encoding isnt cheap, space wise.
They should have offered video files and textures separately tbh. All the clients the game is on have this option. Too bad steam doesn't have the preload for them.

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They took pre-orders for months with no sign of denuvo in it and then they updated EULA when third-party websites began sending keys to buyers.

Good job Squareenix, totally deserved.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They took pre-orders for months with no sign of denuvo in it and then they updated EULA when third-party websites began sending keys to buyers.

Good job Squareenix, totally deserved.
Didn't preorders only start on Feb 1st? The EULA only got posted on the 22nd of Feb which people assumed had no Denuvo because it wasn't mentioned, but that still wasn't confirmed and SE had a history of releasing games with it so it was entirley possible the EULA would get updated closer to release, and the free demo just without Denuvo came on 26th of Feb, and Denuvo only got added to the EULA yesterday.

john2gr

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't preorders only start on Feb 1st? The EULA only got posted on the 22nd of Feb which people assumed had no Denuvo because it wasn't mentioned, but that still wasn't confirmed and SE had a history of releasing games with it so it was entirley possible the EULA would get updated closer to release, and the free demo just without Denuvo came on 26th of Feb, and Denuvo only got added to the EULA yesterday.

Edit: My bad. I misread your comment (thought you wrote that the EULA was not present at first).

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
People in the thread decided it would be best to make a separate thread about it since it was different news than denuvo being included in FFXV.

SE patched the origin preload it only works with the files released by 3DM now, it's also not just the demo exe they modified it and wrote a loader to launch it, ppl are up to chapter 5 now from what i read without any issues so far.
Even the Main menu now doesn't say Demo anymore:

wcaqRrs.jpg

(not my screen)

Btw the 4K pack is about 50GB of movie files with 15GB actual assets.

Someone should make a thread about how the game was cracked before release, separate of this denuvo thread.

Good idea yeah i still can't unfortunately.

They had a bit of a history it seems, but for Final Fantasy they only had one of the many with denuvo, including The World of Final Fantasy. They also showed that FFXII would have Denuvo before you could buy it, but failed to show FFXV would as well.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just a small update, some ppl completed the game now so it's completely playable with this method.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I hope at this point, SE will realize that there is no point of Denuvo and remove it from official Steam version at some point.

BobZhn

Nov 17, 2017
SE Asia
I hope at this point, SE will realize that there is no point of Denuvo and remove it from official Steam version at some point.

I second that, but based on SE's update history, a very slim chance for removal since it's a major brand title, unlike Life is Strange: Before the Storm, which was launched without Denuvo off the bat.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they should announce they're getting rid of Denuvo then. Otherwise they're literally just punishing paying customers.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
The whole point is to show how utterly useless DRM has been in this situation, and it's only going to serve to annoy and impede upon legitimate customers, while pirates don't have to deal with the extra baggage.
The point once again is that the only ones Denuvo inconviniences here are the actual paying customers. Pirates can play the game already for free.
The version that was "cracked" didn't actually have Denuvo. SE just basically put a DRM free version of the game on Origin and the hackers used the preload files.

So it's pretty ironic to know that if it actually had Denuvo, people probably wouldn't be playing it ahead of release.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So because DRM pirates get to play before we do?
No, the other way round - pirates wouldn't have been able to play it already if the demo did have Denuvo, but SE and Origin made mistakes here. SE forgot to put Denuvo on the demo, whose .exe file could then be used for this "crack" together with the preloadable game data from the Origin store that for whatever reason hadn't been encrypted on there. Now that the game has already been pirated Denuvo will have no use anymore and only disadvantages, so it might as well be removed from the full game.

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No way they'll remove denuvo.

This is Square Enix guys, they don't give a fuck.

Vote with your wallet.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So basically we are promoting a crack. Whats is the point??
Technically all you are promoting is a DRM-free executable that the demo came with. No cracking. Not that there's anything wrong with cracks, as they let you actually play your game instead of making your game depend on a shitty online server activation.

Deleted member 28967

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Does that mean the origin version won't have Denuvo? Not buying it if it has that crap but if there's a version without I'd go for it.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
i did. i bought 3 copies. 1 for myself and 2 for friends.

Are you shilling for Denuvo lol? I don't think that's necessary and it don't think it matters if you buy the game or not, DRM is there to keep the shareholders quiet and as long as it accomplishes that it's here to stay, policy trumps logic at major publishers.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Are you shilling for Denuvo lol? I don't think that's necessary and it don't think it matters if you buy the game or not, DRM is there to keep the shareholders quiet and as long as it accomplishes that it's here to stay, policy trumps logic at major publishers.
I think Carlius may ok outside of the denuvo subject. The posts by Carlius seem suspect at times, but maybe in fun, to get light reactions, or sarcasm.

Second time I've seen you astroturfing hard for Denuvo in the last few days. The fact that you didn't even put the game first is kind of unsettling.
i support it...i havent pirated a game since denuvo came out...so i buy them all now day 1. at least all the triple A games.

Quote from - Why is Denuvo so hated?

Yeah, very fishy.
--------------------------
Read the thread because the OP is not really clear about this point. Game got cracked and people are now playing it ahead of release because of SE's fuckup and because the Origin version in particular didn't have Denuvo. Let that sink in.
No more demos, no more anything without sticking Denuvo on it. The lesson learned.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
DRM is not good but Piracy is Piracy no matter how you want to rationalize it and coming onto a message board and boasting about it makes you a Pirate, not a Freedom Fighter. This is the same as the WiiU emulation hawkers who CLAIM to own copies of the original game but if we were to be real we'd all be safe in assuming that a majority don't own an original copy at all.