• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
5tt92p.jpg

Download the free FFXV Windows Edition Playable Demo via the links below
1f447.png

Steam: http://sqex.to/qUj
Origin: http://sqex.to/frU
Microsoft Store: http://sqex.to/Mv6

The FFXV Windows Edition Playable Demo is available now! The download size is 21GB & contains the high-res 4K textures. These are automatically enabled if your PC meets the required specs but in the full version of the game, the high-res 4K textures will be an optional download
aIxD39j.png

Full game requirements:
Final-Fantasy-XV_PC-Spec.PNG

Announcement trailer

Latest footage:

Benchmark also available

A reminder to update your Nvidia drivers folks:
Just turned my computer on and there's an Nvidia driver update for the game? I don't see it posted on the subreddit yet, did anybody else in here see that?

lol at the summary for it in GeForce Experience specifically stating that it increases performance in PUBG by up to 7%.
Also this:
Yeah looks like "sub quests" have been disabled just for the demo. I don't know if that also includes Hunts though.

hhl4Vyy.png

Last edited:

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OP, all the important info there!

Updated my drivers. Wonder how big the demo will be. Maybe this build runs better on my laptop than the benchmark :D

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol, thx for including the whole quote regarding the driver update.

Hype. Haven't played this game since its launch week, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've improved, and how well it runs on my PC. Not like I can cancel my preorder or anything. Bought it when the price was bugged or whatever on GMG.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Note that the HDD size in the specs is for the full game not for the demo.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Any videos that aren't compressed to hell? The videos in the OP are useless for understanding how the game will game look.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Wait, so is the demo only available if you pre-order? Can't find anything on the Steam page to download it

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the datas will be compatible with the final release with a simple update, or less I'll have to wait a lot of time to play it.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We even have a dedicated demo thread. They hype is real, downloading drivers now.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spamming F5

Edit: Oh, I'm off by an hour. Thought someone in the other thread said less than an hour left like 45 minutes ago.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Updating my Geforce driver now, and will download the demo as soon as it is available.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
As always, I'd caution everybody to wait for impressions for the new Nvidia driver before installing. It's like a 50/50 shot these days that they introduce unintended problems.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Oh whoa. I didn't realize they were releasing a demo today. Guess I should uninstall the benchmark finally.

OP
OP
Ishiro

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
It's true that the Judg(e)ment Disc demo's save didn't carry over. But that was on console and this is the PC version, surely some wizard can find a way to tweak the save file to make it compatible even if Tabata-tensai forbids it. Yes? No? Maybe?

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
I have unusual Windows sound settings (have an older 5.1 setup that doesn't work with the default khz rate), and when I tried to run the benchmark, I got a loud, horrific, cacophony of noises coming out of the speakers. Hopefully, that wont transfer over to the full game.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
curious to see how to game performs now, both because of the driver and the supposedly fixes, compared to the benchmark, like the culling issues.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm reading that wrong, does that say you have to pre-order to be able to try the Demo??

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Two extra average frames per second in the benchmark with the new driver. Which could totally be a coincidence ^^

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Two extra average frames per second in the benchmark with the new driver. Which could totally be a coincidence ^^
i wouldnt use the benchmark as... a benchmark, haha. supposedly they fixed some of the culling/lod issues it had in the full game, which im guessing the demo does too.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
i wouldnt use the benchmark as... a benchmark, haha. supposedly they fixed some of the culling/lod issues it had in the full game, which im guessing the demo does too.
Considering even earlier builds of the full game ran much better then the benchmark I guess it was royally fucked.

OP
OP
Ishiro

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon