• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Everything was running fine and then Ignus put a plate of food on the table and my computer shit the bed, lol.
I've come up with a ne-
bsod-windows-8-0x5c-hal-initialization-failed-56a6f9d85f9b58b7d0e5cc3e.png

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Hmm.... Demo download finally finished and I'm experiencing some weird stutters and framerate drops. Even on lower settings a parry, blindside attack or anything else like that which takes away control of Noct causes an instant drop of roughly 10fps.

This is with a GTX1070 and a 6700k at 1080p... but I tested it and it even does it at lower resolutions. Not sure what's going on there.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
For people who are crashing, unstable OCs likely if you have them? Since the game is pretty taxing.
Maybe you`re right. I just got a your-computer-does-not-have-enough-memory message from windows while I was playing in 1080p@low settings and the game once again crashed.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
i5 6600
RX 480 8 gb
16 gb ram ddr4

Almost everything set on medium, i get 55/60 fps most of the times (having a FreeSync monitor helps) with some sparse drop into the high 40s territory, frame pacing doesnt look to be the best ever.
Heh, kinda decent i guess...

Mikachu

Oct 25, 2017
Im so glad i gave the demo a shot, i LOVE it. Game preordered immediately after.

Game is gorgeous and runs well too, i have a 970 and a i5 and on highest setting (even all nvidia stuff on) at 1080p im locked 30, and often 60 if not in complex scenes.

finalfantasyxvwindows81ot9.png

finalfantasyxvwindowsjqr4c.png

(downsampled from 10k)
finalfantasyxv48ppu.jpg

... stand by meee...

carda114

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody had any luck accessing the main menu (gear, magic etc.) when playing with an Xbox 360 controller? Looks like it might be time to finally upgrade.
As stupid as it may sound, have you progressed enough in the story? You won't be able to open that menu until the game prompts you to use some AP.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have a weird issue where things kinda spaz out for a fraction of a second? I keep seeing people's clothing go a bit weird every few moments.

Mikachu

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had an issue with subtitles also?

Japanese audio, english subtitles - sometimes the subtitles wouldn't show

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Here's some pics I took, comparing 1080p no AA, 1080p FXAA, 1080p TAA and 1440p downsampled no AA

1080p no AA with 1080p FXAA
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=10144532-1b37-11e8-b263-0edaf8f81e27

1080p no AA with 1080p TAA
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=36255aa4-1b37-11e8-b263-0edaf8f81e27

1080p no AA with 1440p downsampled no AA
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=51275d66-1b37-11e8-b263-0edaf8f81e27

edit: I think my 1440p downsampled pic actually also has FXAA applied oops.
Nice comparisons. Woof, the dithering on the hair at 1080p is nutty.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
As expected, by making the game look like potato, I can play it just fine. Def gonna do a second playthrough on PC.

Now, as for russian dub, here's impressions... for some reason

- Voices are fine for the most part, but it's hard to determine who is who at times, as only Gladio has a distinct enough voice of the trio. Rest can blend together a bit
- Performances are fine, a bit hammy and theatrical, but no worse than stuff I'd see on tv, so average
- Script itself seems fine. I haven't really noticed anything to be off or too directly or bluntly translated. Basis for the script seems to be English version.
- Lip Synching is non existent. To the point that at few times, Ignis lips literally didn't move at all
- At one point, I had japanese voice clip play during combat. A glitch but still

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Anyone getting really weird green artifacts on the screen? They appear in the sky and also during the CG cut-screens. Worried that this is caused by my screen...

2. Dithering in the hair is much worse at 1080p than it was on ps4pro. What gives?

3. What AA solution should I use? The hair and even the environment seems much more jaggy and dithered than the benchmark.

I have gtx 1070, i7-7700hq

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what setting I messed with, but the problem I had earlier with cutscenes is gone... This game doesn't seem to like AMD a whole deal which is sad... but the bigger problem is the stuttering. I need to get a larger SSD into this system and see if that makes the difference at some point.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
1. Anyone getting really weird green artifacts on the screen? They appear in the sky and also during the CG cut-screens. Worried that this is caused by my screen...

2. Dithering in the hair is much worse at 1080p than it was on ps4pro. What gives?

3. What AA solution should I use? The hair and even the environment seems much more jaggy and dithered than the benchmark.

I have gtx 1070, i7-7700hq

1. No. Green artifacting is usually a sign of an unstable video card overclock... so first step would be to check that.

2. Seems about the same to me.

3. FXAA as well as rendering the resolution at 125-150%. There isn't much difference between the two, at least not enough to justify 150% at my framerate. TAA is blurry to me. The full screen filter was all blurry... and the motion blur... Yeah I just turned off all the blurs. I'd rather see everything and have them be a little steppy than them being just a vaseline smear.

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
Setting TRAM to the highest setting ended up using practically 8 gb of VRam at 1440p, which meant potential stutters galore on a GTX 1080.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
The pagefile seems to be the reason for the crashes, at least for me. I changed the virtual memory settings from "custom size" to "system managed size" and the demo stopped crashing.
But the bad framepacing still persists.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Will 4k 60 FPS be possible with all the Nvidia Gameworks crap turned off? I have a 1080 Ti and Ryzen 7 1700X. I need to finish a few games (or move unfinished games to my mechanical hard drive ;p) before FF XV launches as I am out of disk space on my SSD lol.

with a 1080ti i get 4k 60 fps when using 75% render res. looks still super sharp against 1080p
Is that with Gameworks effects on or off?

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
So, I thought my PC got possessed by an evil spirit for a minute. Turns out this game can take control of the lights on Alienware systems. :O

It started blinking red when Noctis got hurt, and turned solid red when he was low on health. The LEDs also flashed yellow when Noctis struck an enemy.

I have never seen this happen before, and usually leave the lights off or a subdued blue. My heart skipped a few beats when this happened as I thought the computer was about to crash or something.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Game runs good at high-ish settings, but my i5 6600k is being pushed to the limit when driving. Gonna have to upgrade that too, aren't I...

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. No. Green artifacting is usually a sign of an unstable video card overclock... so first step would be to check that.

2. Seems about the same to me.

3. FXAA as well as rendering the resolution at 125-150%. There isn't much difference between the two, at least not enough to justify 150% at my framerate. TAA is blurry to me. The full screen filter was all blurry... and the motion blur... Yeah I just turned off all the blurs. I'd rather see everything and have them be a little steppy than them being just a vaseline smear.

1. Thanks! but I haven't overclocked my card. I undervoted my cpu to what I thought was a stable -.125. Any further tips are appreciated.

3. How do you render resolution higher? I get at max an offering of 1080p - I figured that was my monitor.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
1. Thanks! but I haven't overclocked my card. I undervoted my cpu to what I thought was a stable -.125. Any further tips are appreciated.

3. How do you render resolution higher? I get at max an offering of 1080p - I figured that was my monitor.

1. Try running the Valley benchmark for a while and see if you get the same artifacts.

https://benchmark.unigine.com/valley

3. You can increase resolution in the "Graphics" menu. There's an option for renderscale, with percentage-based values. 100% is your native resolution.

Daeoc

Oct 27, 2017
MA
Hmm.... Demo download finally finished and I'm experiencing some weird stutters and framerate drops. Even on lower settings a parry, blindside attack or anything else like that which takes away control of Noct causes an instant drop of roughly 10fps.

This is with a GTX1070 and a 6700k at 1080p... but I tested it and it even does it at lower resolutions. Not sure what's going on there.

The in-game framelimter is terrible, use something else(like Rivatuner).

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It runs surprisingly well on my 970 (with an i7-4790K), certainly far better than the benchmark. I'm able to run High Settings (Gameworks off) generally at 60 fps, occasional dips down to the low 50s.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Soooo performance is not bad. I am rolling with a 4790 and 970 and I am getting 45-60 FPS with HIGH settings with all Nvidia effects on EXCEPT HairWorks. I think this is pretty solid but I don't think it is enough to drag me off my X version. But the cross save is seriously nice...

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I'm not the only one who gets subtitles with no audio with the banter at times, right? It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that the silence would be a nuisance in the full game.

The in-game framelimter is terrible, use something else(like Rivatuner).

Yeah, I will. I'm sure that'll fix some of the stuttery feeling. Not sure what the frame limiter would have to do with those drops though?

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait to see what kind of performance I get on the demo (i7-6700k @4.6, 1070, 16GB Ram.)

Hoping for high 1080p. The framerate on this one won't bug me as long as I can keep it at least 30. Just wonder what settings I should be able to do.