• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game doesn't have a mouse cursor for the main menu. Super janky. Good thing I'm using DS4 I guess. Happy games are starting to have native DS4 support with icons and all.

aIxD39j.png

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Huh is everything red for anyone else
Like there was some massive CA on the whole screen?
Latest drivers on a 750 ti, Only this demo seems to be like this

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Why are japanese PC games always so afraid to let you use your damn mouse in the main menu )o)

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
I don't know why I'm super excited to play this demo. I played Episode Duscae all the way to lv 99. I played the platinum demo a few times, and played the base game story mode on PS4 like 5 times. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this game.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can't change any graphics settings in-game. You have to go back to the main menu. I'd realized with the highest preset, motion blur was on, so I wanted to turn it off, and it made me go back to the main menu.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Ansel working properly? It's showing a lot of jaggies for me. 1080 @ 200% render resolution

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a bit. Gameworks ain't worth it for the performance hit. I also disabled motion blur and it makes the game look fugly.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize this was dropping today... 2 hours to download. Ah well, I need to go shopping anyways.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
20GB for a demo are you fucking for real
They have to have the assets for a big chunk of the open-world accessible, a few minutes of uncompressed intro CG probably with 2 versions of the render for different lipsync in English and Japanese, VO in 4 different languages etc. Hell, even the new Yakuza 6 demo is 36GB!

Fake-EDIT: Wait a minute, why does it say Russian audio is included too on the Steam site?? There was no Russian VO on consoles. I guess it's a mistake?

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
Wow it runs great. Loading screens are like 2 sec or less. 60 fps stables and looks stunning.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
So seems my issue fixes itself when i switch to windowed mode, anyone else having this issue when running the game in full screen, this is what it looks like:
nv1jCPe.jpg

QGAr6nZ.jpg

0i6n8EK.jpg

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with an RX 580 able to give impressions? The benchmark had some stutter issues, curious if this is any better.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Downloading the demo now!

I don't even know why I'm bothering to though since the benchmark demo only ran okay on the lowest settings...

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have to have the assets for a big chunk of the open-world accessible, a few minutes of uncompressed intro CG probably with 2 versions of the render for different lipsync in English and Japanese, VO in 4 different languages etc. Hell, even the new Yakuza 6 demo is 36GB!

Fake-EDIT: Wait a minute, why does it say Russian audio is included too on the Steam site?? There was no Russian VO on consoles. I guess it's a mistake?
The demo lets you choose Russian audio (I didn't do it, since I don't know that language).

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
well, besides the omission of borderless, which i imagine can be easily patched or enabled through an ini, seeing the benchmark had it, this seem VASTLY better than the benchmark, performance wise.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nearly locked 60 FPS at 1440p on my GTX 1080 with highest settings + Turf + HFTS + Hairworks. Definitely better performance, of course this is a different area. Still HFTS and Hairworks have to go, maybe TURF can stay.

Dolby Atmos isn't working during cutscenes though, no audio from the front. Works fine while in engine.

OP
OP
Ishiro

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Can anyone give me the Microsoft Store download link so I can add it to the OP? I can't seem to find it.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually starting to wonder if ALT+TAB is just a hotkey in the game for it to go to windowed mode, like how ALT+ENTER is a hotkey to enter fullscreen mode, because if I use SHIFT+TAB to bring up Steam Overlay, then move my cursor over to my other monitor and interact with it, it doesn't tab the game out. This means the game is borderless windowed by default, right? That means it works like all the Windows Store games where there's no actual exclusive fullscreen mode, and the mode labelled as "Fullscreen" in the display options actually is borderless windowed mode.

They just need to make it so alt tabbing doesn't make the game windowed.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly locked 60 FPS at 1440p on my GTX 1080 with highest settings + Turf + HFTS + Hairworks. Definitely better performance, of course this is a different area. Still HFTS and Hairworks have to go, maybe TURF can stay though.
So in line with what nvidia said. Nice.