• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So despite the rummors that they're gonna fully support this and not using Denuvo, SE finally updated their EULA and store page and XV will indeed use Denuvo.

Store page just got updated:

chrome_2018-03-02_17-09-17.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/637650/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION/

Ironically Chinese cracking Group 3DM just released the decrypted preload with the Demo launcher/exe as a crack unlocking the full game making this totally useless as i said bevore....

However this move is useless and idiotic as the game was cracked by chinese group 3DM today by using the demo's executable with the game's preload files. It's been reported that they got to Chapter 3-4 with no problems.

Pirates get the full game DRM free 1 week early.
Customers get Denuvo.

Thank you SE.

Last edited:

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait until Denuvo automatically includes anti-cheat tech too, so that pirates will not only get a version that's free and more convenient, but more fun and customizable as well.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Well Square has shown that they are willing to listen when it comes to FFXV changes. They can remove denuvo if people ask for it now that it's totally useless even before launch.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tabata failed us!

It's okay, they'll remove it in less than a week.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm this would hurt their hopes for 2million.

I didnt think it would get there before this news within 5 years.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the game was going to have mod support. Doesn't Denuvo usually screw with mods?

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I can't say I care either way. Never had an issue with Denuvo, probably not going to want to replay this game in 10 years when rioters burn down Denuvo HQ.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of amazing to read this when the thread "Why is Denuvo so hated?" is still so fresh.

But hey, big companies only take intelligent business decision.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been surprising if they hadn't gone with Denuvo. I think it still has this inflated reputation as the on DRM method that "works". Which might have had some credit in 2014, but today when Denuvo gets cracked within days of release, it's really just pointlessly hurting your standing with customers.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
As I said in other thread, I feel so good about how things have developed with it being useless and harmful to paying customers a week before release.

This is as good as it gets when they decide so use that pile of shit drm.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It really stings that some people are already playing the full PC version while many of us aren't. I really want to dig in already.

On the bright side (for me at least), maybe this means we'll learn what some of the new additional surprises to the game are before release I guess.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
How the hell do you release your demo with the same executable as the full game?

Companies make mistakes like this all the time .. like putting up entire games on digital services as Demos etc etc ..

It's probably just one guy responsible for the packing/upload and maybe clicked somewhere wrong.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's kind of amazing to read this when the thread "Why is Denuvo so hated?" is still so fresh.

But hey, big companies only take intelligent business decision.
Joke's on me, because I've just made a thread titled 'The way SquareEnix has handled FFXV Windows Edition has been top-notch' earlier today.

SE is still SE, after all.

Sad, because even looking at the prices, the game seems to be the most expensive in a lot of poorer regions:

https://steamdb.info/app/637650/

It costs around 55$ in Colombia, where the average income is around 385$ in Bogota. So cool to pay an equivalent of (compared to Germanies average salary) 400€ for a game...
Yeah, it's a big 'screw you' to Southeast Asian countries as well. I guess I'm skipping.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you release a game on the PC a few years late at least have the courtesy to not include this bullshit.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not always the exact executable but this is how Sonic Generations and Uncharted 3 got running on old PS3 firmware versions by using demo/beta code and the final games.

Companies make mistakes like this all the time .. like putting up entire games on digital services as Demos etc etc ..

It's probably just one guy responsible for the packing/upload and maybe clicked somewhere wrong.

Weird as hell. Anyway, aren't preloads on Steam supposed to be encrypted? I still remember spending an hour decrypting GTA 5 files after it was released .

Amspicora

Oct 29, 2017
I think it's more like a placebo for the guys at the higher up position inside square more than others things. Just like what happened with Sonic Mania back in September

OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Just to rub a little salt in the wound the said group also released the ''High Resolution.Pack'' for the game.

Full game is 83.5Gb, the pack is 64Gb.

A round of applause please for our friends at SE.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Thats why I wish the game would cost 100-200$ in America or Europe, so people can see how other regions have it with most japanese publishers lately...
Console Games used to cost $110(now they're 80 bucks) here in Croatia where people should be getting Russia tier prices instead of Germany tier prices on Steam now. So most of the people here know how you feel.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the sort of updates the game is going to get for another year and beyond, seems like counterintuitive to pirate it anyways. But to each their own.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Console Games used to cost $110(now they're 80 bucks) here in Croatia where people should be getting Russia tier prices instead of Germany tier prices on Steam now. So most of the people here know how you feel.

Yeah, but most people on this forum dont. I just think its sad. I opened a thread about this before but no one cared, because "fuck you got mine" mentality. "I get it for 50€, because fuck if other people have to pay the equivalent of 200-300€ for a game!"

Given the sort of updates the game is going to get for another year and beyond, seems like counterintuitive to pirate it anyways. But to each their own.

The thing is, like I said, what should people in Colombia do when the game costs 1/7th of their average salary?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
However this move is useless and idiotic as the game was cracked by chinese group 3DM today by using the demo's executable with the game's preload files. It's been reported that they got to Chapter 3-4 with no problems.

Pirates get the full game DRM free 1 week early.
Customers get Denuvo.

Thank you SE.
Beautiful, just fucking beautiful. So much for mods and freedom.
"When we were looking at making the Windows Edition of the game, and what PC gamers want, we really did see that there's a large portion of the PC gaming community who really enjoy using mods and the freedom that they bring to gameplay. So we felt it was pretty much essential to give these people the mod support and the kind of freedom they wanted to see in that.
"We really want to keep it as free and open as possible to people, so rather than just telling people what we're going to give them, we want to make an environment where people can be as free as possible to make their own mods. We're planning to provide an official modding tool for that as well."
Thanks a bunch S-E!

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Well just look at the prices some regions have to pay as posted above, it's not like these ppl have any other choice, also dlcs often get cracked as well.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Joke's on me, because I've just made a thread titled 'The way SquareEnix has handled FFXV Windows Edition has been top-notch' earlier today.

SE is still SE, after all.
In the grand scheme of things they did a pretty good job. Good performance, PC exclusive feature, demo, benchmark ( even if the bench wasn't that good with limited resolution choice, and the hairwork problem ), and even official modding ( even if not ready at release ).

But without even speaking about that amazingly stupid decision to use Denuvo, it's still a late port they took far too long to even announce ( even if it was still obvious enough for me not to have to double dip ).