• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Really really really ridiculously good looking
tumblr_oi5l7uZyG51v5pajgo1_540.gif

ZSeibar

Nov 2, 2017
Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but is there any mod to play with Noctis' 2006 outfit ? (The one from the reveal trailers from the Versus XIII years)

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any mod that gives a suggest graphic settings options? similar to Nier Automata's FAR Mod or the Batman Arkham Knight Utility Perfomance?

OP
OP
koutoru

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
FFXV Mod Organizer is now available:
http://modtool.finalfantasyxv.com/en/

3246e884cd166cd147837afac05cded43c3b9207.jpg

250da52cc073c303128526982a2ec45828d4e928.png

MOD ORGANIZER added to FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION
Mods for FFXV WINDOWS EDITION are here! We've created a special tool for you to use called the FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION MOD ORGANIZER, to help you make FFXV mods and make your mod experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.

The FFXV WINDOWS EDITION MOD ORGANIZER is a tool that converts assets you have created into mod data and incorporate them into the game world, which you can also upload to Steam Workshop if you want to so you can share your creations with the FFXV community. Of course, you'll need a Steam account to do this.
More Info : https://steamcommunity.com/games/637650/announcements/detail/1662272531042841963

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I've been holding off getting the PC version until mods are out and good. I want some actual good outfit mods before I replay this game again. Goddamn black leather in the middle of the desert and Noctis' dumb hair. And, his late game suit only works in the city. It looks even worse fighting in a full suit in the countryside, Noctis needs a Knigsglaive type outfit.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Posting some pics of some rigs I threw together replacing Noctis using the new tool.

Here's Alice from Shin Megami Tensei.

Here's what's supposed to be the Persona 1 Protagonist. The tool messed up my textures for some reason when importing of the models.

I can't even get the textures applied properly in 3ds Max from some else's .obj and png file rips. Lol.

OP
OP
koutoru

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Holly F man! Now u get me super hyped! Any ETA?
It is possible to fix skeletal problems (when swapping Noct to other chars)?
I don't know about releasing it on the workshop, since the models were originally ripped, not created separately .
In terms of skeletal issues, it should be possible as long as you have the right bone structure and paint weights applied (which can be tricky ).

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Some 2B mods I'm working on.

Nice! Are you creating the bones in blender? I tried creating the bones and renaming them according to the guide but testing the character in-game it's still unrigged.

cuEbuXE.jpg

WP2dP5N.png

Also got a Ninja Turtle rip but it won't build successfully in the mod organizer.

Mh71lh6.jpg

OP
OP
koutoru

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Are you creating the bones in blender? I tried creating the bones and renaming them according to the guide but testing the character in-game it's still unrigged.

cuEbuXE.jpg

WP2dP5N.png

Also got a Ninja Turtle rip but it won't build successfully in the mod organizer.

Mh71lh6.jpg
Hmm, I use Maya LT, but the only thing I can think of if you're not getting any animations happening is that the bones aren't binding to the skin. If you have the bones named correctly and have binded the bones to the skin you should get something happening animations wise.

Also I put the Neir mod on the workshop. : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1407173006&searchtext=

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
How in-depth are these mod tools? I was expecting things like the ability to edit terrain and create new things rather than just swapping stuff.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I use Maya LT, but the only thing I can think of if you're not getting any animations happening is that the bones aren't binding to the skin. If you have the bones named correctly and have binded the bones to the skin you should get something happening animations wise.

Also I put the Neir mod on the workshop. : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1407173006&searchtext=

Yeah that must be it. Thanks!

How in-depth are these mod tools? I was expecting things like the ability to edit terrain and create new things rather than just swapping stuff.

Editing terrain/creating new environments will be with the level editor to be released closer to the end of the year.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Is there a chance to get gameplay mods in the future, specifically around the combat? I'd like to to play it again with a more turn-based-ish combat system.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It will never not be funny to me how Noctis goes from some Michael Jackson crossed with a chipmunk face to Keanu Reeves, when he ages from 20 (a grown adult) to 30 (a grown adult).

Still one of the most bizarre things about FFXV.
I'm pretty sure physically he aged a lot more than 10 years.
Like how Regis ended up aging very quickly due to the crystal magic.