• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
header.jpg

System Requirements:

OT: Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Windows Edition |OT| Walk Taller

Download the free FFXV Windows Edition Playable Demo via the links below:
Steam: http://sqex.to/qUj
Origin: http://sqex.to/frU
Microsoft Store: http://sqex.to/Mv6
Please note that save file does not carry over.

Launch trailer:

Announcement trailer:

Known issues:
Pink screen
YaWzl5w.jpg

Fix:
Wrong chroma sampling, manually set to RGB under image resolution in the Nvidia control panel
No Border-less Full-screen Mode [edit: fixed]
Fix:
Set it to fullscreen, if it still isn't exclusive try pressing alt+enter. If you ever alt-tab, when you go back in, it remains in borderless windowed mode, you have to press alt+enter again.
The game does have exclusive fullscreen. Press alt+enter if you don't, or turn off windows game mode.
Alt-tab in Full-screen Mode [edit: fixed]
Does anyone know of a hotfix for Borderless Fullscreen mode? Seems like it works for some people, for me if I try and alt-tab the game basically breaks and I have to open Task Manager on a separate virtual desktop to kill it.
Fix:
Hitching and longer loading times
Fix:
Apparently there's a large Steam API overhead that causes long load times and excessive hitching with heavy texture streaming.

Kaldaien put a Special K fix for it on the Steam forums if anyone wants to try it
http://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/discussions/0/1697167168518535998/
Ansel color bug [edit: fixed]
Fix:
Also for everyone with Ansel color problem, Prompto camera filters bleed into Ansel.
To fix, take shot with Prompto cam using NO FILTER, then quit, and bring up Ansel, it'll be correct again.
When Prompto AI taking shot, Ansel color will be weird again. Do the steps again. Remember you must take shot, simply choosing no filter and quit cam menu won't correct Ansel.
Dramatic FPS drop after summoning [edit: fixed]
Fix:
Also, someone from the Steam forums found out a workaround for summons:
A) Save game → Leave FF15 → Relaunch and load

B) Saving the game and remaining in the Pause Menu for about 10 seconds solved it for me without leaving the game.
Constant crashing (memory leak?)
Potential fix:
Soooo I disabled the Steam Overlay and had the game running for hours this time, no super long fights but with TRAM on high did almost full up my 8GB VRAM a few times the game never crashed like it had been. I didn't see system memory go up significantly either.
Pixelated FMV cutscenes
Fix:
PSA: If you have ANY scaling factor set on Windows other than 100% go to the properties of the game's exe -> compatibility and disable scaling for the game. This fixes the pixelated FMV cutscenes.
Muh water
is this only happening to me? WHERE IS THE SEA
xnr12kM.png
Fix:
Wait for the rapture.

Last edited:

EAGames

Feb 15, 2018
I've been waiting for this!

EDIT:

My specs are

8700K 4.8Ghz
4266Mhz 16GB DDR4 G.SKILL RGB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Titan X

I'll report back with performance tests when I'm out of school.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
hey for all of you playing the release version now (I'm at work), did they add Borderless as an option?

the Demo did not have it

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Game is taking forever to decrypt on a SSD, more or less 1/3 in 15 minutes.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Time to start saving up for that $500 2tb SSD.
Hard drive speeds become very apparent with this huge decryption process.

OrionsNebula

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of preloading when the decrypting process is taking just as long as the download took me! Ugh

EAGames

Feb 15, 2018
Yup. What are the reasons for doing that instead of full screen?

Some games, for arbitrary reasons, run better windowed. What Cerbero's mentioning is a solution to run the game in a window that covers your entire screen, so you get the performance gains of it being windowed while your entire screen is used.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What does borderless mean?
Borderless Window, borderless fullscreen or just borderless is effectively just the game/app/programm running in a window (the thing with the X button in the upper right corner) but with the borders expanded to cover everything. The game looks like running in full screen that way.
In true Fullscreen mode windows dedicates more resources to the fullscreen app though and the application has full control of the screen output (fps are sometimes a bit higher because of this), while windows has control in the borderless window mode. People use that mode to sometimes force vsync on games or to be able to switch fast in between programs (because it's instant that way, while switching from true fullscreen to windows can take a second or two). It's also nice on multi display setups.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
So, does the full game run like the demo or like the benchmark? The benchmark was awful on my PC but the demo was perfectly smooth with the odd streaming stutter when panning around and getting detailed stuff to load back in view.

Oct 30, 2017
Time to start saving up for that $500 2tb SSD.
Hard drive speeds become very apparent with this huge decryption process.

So THATS what it's gonna be doing when I get home (and what it did with the KC:D pre load.). I thought it was basically instantly available when release happened. Not looking forward to this on my ancient spinning drive...

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looking forward to seeing how it runs on the 6600K and/or 980ti. The demo was good for me with stuttering drops here and there for some reason.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I cant see the Rivatuner message on the first post. Is rivatuner fucked up now? Am i to not set the fps to 60 to avoid inconsistent frametimes with Rivatuner? Is Rivatuner's reign over?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt notice that one of my friends who I family share got it.

eGaAgF6.jpg

Will report performance as soon as it finishes downloading.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
One reason I don't preload on steam anymore is that decrypting takes longer than downloading a lot of times.
yea exactly, I have either a 250mbit or 1gbit connection (depending at home or work), and last time I tested two 50gb games it literally took around the same time to download the whole game versus the Steam decrypting

I mean is there any fucking advantage at all to preloading? that makes no sense and seems pointless

Plus doesn't it save strain on your HD to not do the decrypting process?

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Not everyone has your crazy downloading speeds folks so preloading helps with that I suppose. I mean, if you have a download speed that means you can play within the hour of launch or something you don't need to preload, for sure :o)

It will take me around 10-12 hours to download the game, I wish I had preloaded and made use of the intended use of that function to be ready for launch alongside you all folks :o)

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
If you have unlimited data cap with high speeds you might try but I don't think so that you'll see 63 GB worth of difference.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
30 minutes to decrypt.... I think my download speed would have been slower maybe. Still have to nab the texture pack. Hopefully VXAO is working.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so they fixed the 5.1 issue, but I'm reading they accidentally added the bug to Xbox One with the latest patch. Is this the same on PS4?

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fixed :P (going by someone else in the OT, idk, hopefully it makes more difference than that).

Ok, maybe not 63 GB of textures only, but they make a huge difference imo. At least in comparison to what we had on PS4P.

Two screenshots I made for the demo thread:

1. PC, no nvidida stuff

2. PS4Pro, high resolution mode