• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
It is definitely crisper and cleaner over pro, which is nice. The game was blurier than other games of similar res on Pro. Its still a nice v. nice looking game, although stuff like Horizon and AC Origins definitely has upped the game.

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks slightly sharper than pro when zoomed in. Also different time of day which alters the way terrain looks on both.

Don`t see where the "big upgrade" comments are coming from, Compared on XO? sure.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
... The PS5?

Not following your logic here. You're waiting to see what happens on a potential port of XV on the next generation of consoles?

Sorry I didn't mean to be vague. I already played through it on PS4, but if I ever considered grabbing it again, I'd either grab it on PC or just whatever the next Playstation iteration ends up being.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I agree with you, lol. His comment is pretty funny to read.

Oh, I thought you were implying the same thing as him. Sorry, haha.

Sorry I didn't mean to be vague. I already played through it on PS4, but if I ever considered grabbing it again, I'd either grab it on PC or just whatever the next Playstation iteration ends up being.

Right. But the next "iteration" would be the PS5, which would require a completely new port.

There won't be another iteration of the PS4 itself.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Looks slightly sharper than pro when zoomed in. Also different time of day which alters the way terrain looks on both.

Don`t see where the "big upgrade" comments are coming from, Compared on XO? sure.
1X has a cleaner image and more detail at a distance even without a 4k display to view the difference. That's pretty huge for a game getting patched a year after it came out that was never built to run on a 1X.

Hetz

Oct 27, 2017
I have it on the Pro....but I am very excited to get it for my new Xbox One X now! Very impressive.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow at the Pro vs. X difference.

X gon' give it to ya.

Glenn Gould

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, both the Pro and X versions look really jerky. Does the X have a lower performance option like the Pro to sort that out?

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, looks nice! I presume the X version will also have two modes, one favoring performance and the other favoring visual quality?

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I missed that, thanks. Looking forward to Digital Foundry's analysis. I have yet to jump into any of the DLC episodes so this is enticing.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
does look cleaner on the X but the fps looks like it still needs work. was hoping the X version would solve that.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
No apparent graphical feature improvements but there is an upgrade on resolution over the PS4 Pro. Maybe a Native resolution this time and not checkerboard?

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I waited so long for them to fix the frame pacing issues on PS4 pro that I'll just play the X version. I've seen the game pretty cheap so no big deal.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
VG tech just released a new framerate video comparing lite mode of FF15 (1080p uncapped 60fps, XBX vs Pro) in the same scenes (cutscenes and gameplay). It's a >9 mn video.

Cutscenes: Similar performance or up to 10 fps advantage for XBX
Gameplay: Surprisingly very similar performance on both machines.

Frametime stats are a bit better on Pro though judging by the stats. Also screen tearing on XBX when the game is under 60fps.

Last edited:

shanafan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ypsilanti, MI
It's weird that you can easily switch between High, Lite and Steady. I wish there was like a flicker on my screen so I feel that a change was made, lol. Almost like changing resolutions on PC.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Such a fucking shame SE never got their act together and patched the frame pacing issue on the Pro. Plenty of games fix things like that with quick patches within a week ... I'm sure SE could have too if they just gave a damn.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
I think overall I prefer Lite because I play on a 24" 1080p monitor, but it's definitely not a steady 60fps. It seems within good ranges to work with Freesync, though. I'm waiting for a nice Freesync 2 monitor before upgrading. High is generally fine. So far it has only been some city scenes with tons of characters everywhere that made it drop too low for my tolerance.

mi1es

Nov 7, 2017
Such a fucking shame SE never got their act together and patched the frame pacing issue on the Pro. Plenty of games fix things like that with quick patches within a week ... I'm sure SE could have too if they just gave a damn.
I gave up waiting myself. I like "lite" mode on the Pro, but the AF is insanely low.. My only frame of reference for AF is older computer games. From what I know there it is basically little to no performance impact. Yet quite a few PS4 games suffer from the lack of it.

It's hard to tell but it almost looks like the X version has some frame pacing issues as well. Hopefully not as bad if true.

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't play much of it on my PS4, so I may buy the game again on the One X. Looks great.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, definitive console for multiplatforms indeed.
From never fix frame pacing issues in their games. Looks like it's not an easy thing to fix.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I just booted up the ps4 version, there was also a new patch. Not sure if it is just me but the game felt much smoother now in high res mode. There is frame drop here and there but when you spin the camera around, high res mode felt as smooth as locked 30fps mode unlike before which felt sluggish.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
I just booted up the ps4 version, there was also a new patch. Not sure if it is just me but the game felt much smoother now in high res mode. There is frame drop here and there but when you spin the camera around, high res mode felt as smooth as locked 30fps mode unlike before which felt sluggish.
Hopefully it means better frame pacing.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I was playing this game some last night on my X, and it really is nice for us Xbox preference folks (I do own every other console too) to be able to play the best version of every game out there for a good long while now given how this generation started. The Xbox One X has been a blast playing all of these games.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, definitive console for multiplatforms indeed.

From never fix frame pacing issues in their games. Looks like it's not an easy thing to fix.

I think NXGamer or someone at DF could say if true, but I remember reading the framepacing issues on Souls game are a "sacrifice" done to lower input delay (I even remember NXGamer agreeing about this on GAF).

If it's the same case in XV I dunno.

Last edited:

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
untitledsysdl.png

It's like taking the Windex out and washing the Pro's windows and you get the X. Pro looks dull and muddy.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Alas the frame rate still isn't perfect on the 1X, definitely some annoying random drops and hitching but it's not bad overall.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
DF analysis is out:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/di...playstation-4-pro-the-complete-analysis.6664/

- PS4 Pro frame pacing issue still not resolved in High visuals mode (still disappointing)
- X1X features same 3 graphics modes (High, Lite, Steady)
- High mode features dynamic resolution scaling from 1890p while looking a the sky to 1360p but runs at native, no checker board artifacts. XBX also has slightly increased texture filtering.
- Pro uses a "low quality" of CB Rendering, combined with AA image quality is worse than XBX.
- Shadow detail also increased in XBX.
- Despite resolution increase, image quality is not so great, motion + temporal AA can cause pixelation
- Lite and Steady both still operate at 1080p and work like they did on Pro. Steady = 30 FPS, Lite = unlocked

- XBX does not show any frame pacing issues on any of it's modes.
- XBX introduces frame rate drops in city areas. (27~25 FPS) Pro has higher avg frame rate in these areas. (29~30 FPS)
- XBX Frame rate drops pop up during game play as well, during combat.
- Slowdown also occurs when using sleep mode or simply playing the game for a long period of time. FPS drops sharply and sticks to 20 FPS. Restarting the console fixes this issue.
- Lite mode runs between 30 and 40 FPS and causes added judder and tearing. Not recommended.
- Stable mode runs into slow downs too, in similar areas Pro Stable Mode does not.