• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering what's up with their footage re: the stutter during that first fly-in/pan across the characters on the XB1X side compared to Pro. I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff, and none was present when I did a few restarts to compare.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, overall Xbox X High mode is recommended for best visuals and Pro's Steady mode for best consistency in game play.

I'm wondering what's up with their footage re: the stutter during that first fly-in/pan across the characters on the XB1X side compared to Pro. I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff, and none was present when I did a few restarts to compare.

Is there a frame rate graph on that part ? It might be a slow down. XBX version has more slow downs than the Pro version in High mode.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's an improvement (as it should be) but it's not a huge difference.

It's a great upgrade visually if you are coming from the original Xbox One.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Yep, overall Xbox X High mode is recommended for best visuals and Pro's Steady mode for best consistency in game play.

Is there a frame rate graph on that part ? It might be a slow down. XBX version has more slow downs than the Pro version in High mode.

Tabada said one x is using checkerboard rendering, but it turns out it is not the case. Does the guy even know what it is? Like they just follow the instruction from the pro sdk to implement checkerboard rendering without even know what it is. Their temporal AA is one of the worst out there, game is still still full of shimmering and instanely blurry. Good to see they ditch the engine and going with unreal 4.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

No, I mean more than one run on that part on my own system had better performance than what they're showing in that footage (in the cinematic), on both High and Light modes.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
So from the material available (DF and VG tech):

High quality mode: Much better image quality and no framepacing issues on XBX but better framerate on Pro
Steady mode: Better framerate on Pro
Lite mode: Similar framerate on Both (during gameplay) but XBX has constant screen tearing.

So High quality mode is better on XBX and both the Steady and lite modes are better on Pro.

Ayrtonsenna84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So from the material available (DF and VG tech):

High quality mode: Much better image quality and no framepacing issues on XBX but better framerate on Pro
Steady mode: Better framerate on Pro
Lite mode: Similar framerate on Both (during gameplay) but XBX has constant screen tearing.

So High quality mode is better on XBX and both the Steady and lite modes are better on Pro.
If this is the case then something must be wrong with the X version.