• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LesPanes

Oct 25, 2017
France
PS4 Pro ver. vs Xbox One X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdmckkS4oDk

Xbox One vs Xbox One X:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KipkQhRhRQw

hR6aBmC.jpg

72Z0WNr.jpg

From here:

http://meristation.as.com/zonaforo/topic/2918679/

Last edited:

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huge increase from Box One. With Pro difference is pretty much what I expected, just a little crispier.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Huge improvement, very impressive.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grass is greener on the other side, literally.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, the real difference would be if they fixed the framepacing. PS4 Pro version was still broken right? Or did they ever patch that?

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
One X is certainly an improvement on those landscapes, but did we expect otherwise?

Also, is frame pacing any better on the One X? I've never been able to notice it on youtube but it is apparent when playing.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
The ps4 pro version seems a bit blurry while the 1X looks rather crisp when you put screenshots right next to each other.

There's definitely a visual difference in still shots but in gameplay comparisons the differences might be less noticeable.

Can't wait for Digital Foundry video on this one.

Last edited:

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
One X is certainly an improvement on those landscapes, but did we expect otherwise?

Also, is frame pacing any better on the One X? I've never been able to notice it on youtube but it is apparent when playing.
Don't know about the X, but apparently the normal Xbox One version didn't even have framepacing issues unlike the normal PS4 version [EDIT: correct me if I'm wrong, not sure right now if there were issues or if they have been improved] and the Pro's High Mode (Lite Mode and Steady Mode both have no framepaing issues either though).

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The ps4 pro version seems a bit blurry while the 1X looks rather crisp when you screenshots right next to each other.

There's definitely a visual difference in still shots but in gameplay comparisons the differences might be less noticeable.

Can't wait for Digital Foundry video on this one.

The bad framepacing will make sure that the Pro version is even worse in gameplay.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember the Pro screenshots last year and how I hated how ridiculously blurry it looked on Xbox One. Man what a difference.

Sadly it won't change a thing about the terribly repetitive mission structure, well especially the side missions that is. But I remember one location that even on Xbox One looked decent. Should look amazing now. I'll buy the game again when it's on sale sometime.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the difference from Xbox One to Xbox One X is pretty significant! O:

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The bad framepacing will make sure that the Pro version is even worse in gameplay.

there are little to no frame pacing issues in the Lite or Steady modes.

The framepacing was always just a "High" mode issue.

Everyone's initial issue with Lite mode was variance -- it feels as though it stays somewhere between like 40-60 frames depending on where you are, but it's literally always smoother than the other mode so framepacing or no, the performance is better.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ElAnalistaDeBits
is really doing a great job here. The only thing missing is a frame counter. Not to say I also eagerly await DF's videos and articles but others are also doing a great job, currently, and way faster than DF. I know that voice over takes time and editing also but the approach from VGTech were they just present a video, a frame-counter and even stats is more often than not sufficient.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Did they use higher resolution textures ? The texture quality seems identical to me. I just cant wait for the PC version

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Looks fantastic. The X is absolutely going to be the definitive platform for multi-plat releases.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Pro version has slow downs or are those stutters frame pacing?

Seems smoother overall on xbonex as well.
Well, that's probably the framepacing issue that plagues the Pro's High Mode (the other two, 1080p modes, Lite and Steady, don't have those issues). I'm usually not that sensitive to stuff like that, but even I couldn't stand the framepacing with the High Mode, that's why I only played on Lite and later Steady Mode. I still only have a 720p TV anyway, but it must be annoying for people with 4K TVs.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even realize FFXV had an X1X patch already...

It certainly didn't last night when I checked the "X enhanced" list in the Games and Apps section on my XOne.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did they use higher resolution textures ? The texture quality seems identical to me. I just cant wait for the PC version

The PS4 Pro resolution mode had already improved textures (as well as significantly better texture filtering) in some places, so the Xbox One X will very likely have them too.

PS4:

PS4 Pro:
(more 3-dimensional circle ornament)

PS4:

PS4 Pro:
(much more detailed tarmac texture)

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Looks great definitely an improvement over PS4 Pro as it should be. I ordered a copy from Best Buy yesterday so I am eager to check this out.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but even still, it's a significant difference. The Xbox One and PS4 versions look like they're smeared with vaseline in comparison.

Yeah any improvement is good and noticeable.

Base PS4 is still crisp to me, even in light of Pro and now 1X version. It's the XB1 that's 720p and a blurry mess. That's what makes the 1X such a good value for current XB1 owners. They'll be getting a huge upgrade.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
looking good. i am waiting for pc version, but xbox one x version looking good. i hope pro and x become default consoles so we can push out more power.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Xbox version was the only one without frame pacing issues. And the visual upgrades look great over base model and Pro. Definitive version confirmed. (too bad the game is awful)