• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I hope old Clive doesn't start near the end because that would follow the trajectory of
FFXV's time skip.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I swear this is me everytime this thread gets bumped.

IgMyx.gif

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I swear this is me everytime this thread gets bumped.

IgMyx.gif

Whenever significant news comes out it's required that a new thread is started rather than just stuffing it into a mega thread. So, you can be sure that it's just general discussion if the thread gets bumped when you don't see any other XVI thread on the frontpage.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
We're most likely getting something at E3 even if it's just extended trailer, with Intergrade and Endwalker being the main FF spotlight this year. Still, it'll be good to see new stuff.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
As long as something huge square enix wise comes out 2022 , ill be happy. whether it is forspoken, XVI, or KH Next, whatever, im down. So hyped. But if they show them all at e3, that is amazing.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Still think the game will be at E3 for sure, but yeah, Fanfest didn't have as much news as people anticipated and Endwalker is a holiday release. It's probably SEs biggest release of the year now by default and they seem to be stretching out their usual promotion plan to make up for the lack of actual cons and the huge gap from now until release.

That said, I think it'll be practically absent from their E3 show and Intergrade is a port releasing days before E3 kicks off. If anything, they'll just play the trailers for these just because they can.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Still think the game will be at E3 for sure, but yeah, Fanfest didn't have as much news as people anticipated and Endwalker is a holiday release. It's probably SEs biggest release of the year now by default and they seem to be stretching out their usual promotion plan to make up for the lack of actual cons and the huge gap from now until release.

That said, I think it'll be practically absent from their E3 show and Intergrade is a port releasing days before E3 kicks off. If anything, they'll just play the trailers for these just because they can.

Fanfest was always going to focus exclusively on FFXIV.
It's called FFXIV Fanfest for a reason. I wonder if people expected FFXVI news in a FFXIV fanfest were non-FFXIV players. These fanfests have been going since before the release of Heavenward, that's more than 5 years and all they talk about is FFXIV.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
Please leave FF XIV out of this, i dont want to be attach to a MMO im never going to play to get every bit of lore in XVI universe

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Fanfest was always going to focus exclusively on FFXIV.
It's called FFXIV Fanfest for a reason. I wonder if people expected FFXVI news in a FFXIV fanfest were non-FFXIV players. These fanfests have been going since before the release of Heavenward, that's more than 5 years and all they talk about is FFXIV.

You should re-read my post. I didn't say anything about Fanfest being about anything other than XIV; I said Wndwalker is coming out later than we expected, even accounting for Covid-induced delay, and that's clearly impacted their promotional plans for it because there wasn't as much new info about Endwalker at Fanfest as people expected there to be either.

Edit: Yeah, I can see how you're confused, but I'm talking about XIV there. That's why I said "not as much news" (as in Endwalker) and not "no news" (since XVI wasn't mentioned at all obviously)

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i mean the game world being inside FF XIV universe or something like that, i would hate that with all my soul

The last time we got an FF set in a pre-established universe was XII, and that was very loose and didn't matter to newcomers anyway. I don't think FF in general is interested in making their titles connected this way, they're more interested in in expanding from their single entries (FF7 projects, Ivalice Alliance, XV projects, etc).

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
We're most likely getting something at E3 even if it's just extended trailer, with Intergrade and Endwalker being the main FF spotlight this year. Still, it'll be good to see new stuff.

I believe you can expect at least one more major FF announcement in addition to updates on the currently announced stuff (XVI/Endwalker/VIIR).

It should be a good E3 season for Square overall.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I hope a potential late 2022 release date for XVI and an early 2022 one for Forspoken doesn't make S-E go "oh, yeah, let's not show much if at all of XVI until later".

I know they've been weird about marketing two different big games for a while. Although with the 2021 info drop "promise" and the fact that XVI is likely to release "soon", I'd be surprised.
I hope old Clive doesn't start near the end because that would follow the trajectory of
FFXV's time skip.
That'd my pettiest, yet one of my biggest bummers about this game lmao. I'm excited to play as a slightly older anime boi in a FF and not a young, slim dude with immaculate hair. Older Noctis has the GOAT FF protagonist design and he was barely used.

Luckily, it seems like we might only get to play as the guy with a Karen haircut in the beginning hour of the game. Would be shocked if the post-timeskip period isn't the game's main premise.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
You should re-read my post. I didn't say anything about Fanfest being about anything other than XIV; I said Wndwalker is coming out later than we expected, even accounting for Covid-induced delay, and that's clearly impacted their promotional plans for it because there wasn't as much new info about Endwalker at Fanfest as people expected there to be either.

Edit: Yeah, I can see how you're confused, but I'm talking about XIV there. That's why I said "not as much news" (as in Endwalker) and not "no news" (since XVI wasn't mentioned at all obviously)

I thought we had enough information regarding Endwalker. This fanfests was kind of filled with content. Especially since they tried to provide information in one fanfest that is usually spread into 2.

I recall ShB was as much content but spread into 3 fanfests.

We still didn't get the launch trailer, which will be filled with spoilers as usual, expecting to see it maybe sometime in late October/ Early November.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I suspect any major announcement won't be FF related, because we're so close to the anniversary it would make sense to save them for late in the year / next year.

Oh wait Navtra said an FF announcement?

FFXIII remaster then!

Oct 31, 2017
I suspect any major announcement won't be FF related, because we're so close to the anniversary it would make sense to save them for late in the year / next year.
I remember the 30th anniversary

FF Wines and cake

WoFF 2, obviously /s

I thought WoFF was good but tbh it's SOOOOO boring so pls be something else

Weird but I'd be down

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I believe you can expect at least one more major FF announcement in addition to updates on the currently announced stuff (XVI/Endwalker/VIIR).

It should be a good E3 season for Square overall.

Huh I don't know if this is some kind of hint or speculation but thanks anyway. Bring it on then!

Oct 31, 2017
I can't believe SE is going to announce that they hired 500 more people and that they're going to make a new Business Division that will be remaking FFV, then FFVI. And then the rest will be involved in FFXVII. And then they're going to announce that Bravely Default is officially part of the FF series and from now on will be receiving more than a $5 budget.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
when important news about the project will be revealed a new thread will be open, no need to freak out about this thread being bumped

Status
Not open for further replies.