• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yencid

Oct 27, 2017
cliveRosfield_art_pc.png
joshuaRosfield_art_pc.png
jillWarrick_art_pc.png
im a sucker for key art

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Everything they show about this game sounds really great.

The artwork shown here along with the world map and details on the different poltical bodies within that world map give me a real sense of confidence in the world building that's gone into this project.

They haven't even asked that I please be excited because they know it's already happening.

Would be cool if this was the box art:

50542067131_e753fdee1e_h.jpg

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Everything they show about this game sounds really great.

The artwork shown here along with the world map and details on the different poltical bodies within that world map give me a real sense of confidence in the world building that's gone into this project.

They haven't even asked that I please be excited because they know it's already happening.

Would be cool if this was the box art:

50542067131_e753fdee1e_h.jpg
Ok that looks pretty sick

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
WE DID IT!!!!!

Great waking up to this. Glad to see there are 6 nations and that world key art has me so hyped!

Curious if Joshua will be in our party and what not.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Who else had flashbacks to the FFXV map unveiling!

FFXV_Map_03.png

I can see distance between the kingdoms. I am looking for details now.

6 Kingdoms: Rosaria, Waloed, Sanbreque, Dhalmek, Iron Kigndom, Crystalline Dominion,
Crystal Dominion is clearly the kingdom in the middle I think with the giant crystal we see int he new art today. Heart of the world. As the description says, the biggest crystal.

Waloed is the kingdom of the whole continent on the east. The city in the north of that east continent. The right of the image. It has a giant tsunami or water whirlpool happening. Its logo looks like Odin Horse? But that water whirlpool could mean water summon ?

The Iron Kingdom. We see a giant shard sticking into an island on the left of the map, after the west big continent. That could be it, it is isolated.

Rosario is the kingdom to the north if this island. Opposite of the Waloed capital. It is on the north of the west continent.

Dhalmek? My guess is, 5 states, as it says. I see 5 small town symbols on the western continent. Idk.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
XV map looks like someone had diarrhea right after someone put blue cleaning fluid in a toilet

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Who else had flashbacks to the FFXV map unveiling!

FFXV_Map_03.png

I can see distance between the kingdoms. I am looking for details now.

6 Kingdoms: Rosaria, Waloed, Sanbreque, Dhalmek, Iron Kigndom, Crystalline Dominion,

Rosaria is clearly the kingdom in the middle I think with the giant crystal we see int he new art today.

Waloed is the kingdom of the whole continent on the east. The right of the image. It has a giant tsunami or water whirlpool happening. Its logo looks like Odin Horse? But that water whirlpool could mean water summon ?

I think the place in the center is Crystalline Dominion, it says that place is in the center of the land.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

I made a tweet about Vagrant Story and an user had a tweet showing that Jiro Mifune might be involved in FFXVI.

Jiro Mifune was the visual effect supervisor of FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, FFXII and Tactics Ogre. He also stopped working on FFXIV after Heavensward

This man has always been a wizard.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
I made a tweet about Vagrant Story and an user had a tweet showing that Jiro Mifune might be involved in FFXVI.

Jiro Mifune was the visual effect supervisor of FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, FFXII and Tactics Ogre. He also stopped working on FFXIV after Heavensward

Nice catch. Yet another undercover superstar who had a hand in some great games.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020

This man has always been a wizard.

You are the Hercule Poirot of unearthing stuff about FF development.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Unless they were originally developing it with UE4 and are waiting to transfer it to UE5 next year.

Let's hope not. Seems like Unreal 5 will only be fully released end of 2021.
It seems like this game was originally planned to be released in 2021, now probably early 2022. If they have to port the game to Unreal 5 that will take more time.

This game is probably not on Unreal 4 anyway.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
What engine dies XIV run on now anyway? I don't recall hearing much about what it currently runs mostly just about 1.0 engine Issues.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Whatever this runs on, I think the only thing they have to further improve is the lighting and some animations.

Beyond the day-time scene and some dialogue here and there, I think XVI looks pretty good, even if it's not a visual showcase.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so into this game already that sometimes I catch myself humming the dramatic rendition of the Prelude, or mimicking the British accent of the characters.

2021 can't come soon enough, I need to quench my thirst.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am dying to find out if we are going to have multiple party members or not... It is going to be a huge bummer if you only play as that one dude.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I am dying to find out if we are going to have multiple party members or not... It is going to be a huge bummer if you only play as that one dude.
My biggest concern, really. I guess it depends on how diverse and deep they're making Clive's combat style with his Eikon moves and the like. Not that character action games (XVI seems to have that DNA) can't have more than one playable character, see DMC 5.

If there's a party, I think it'll be around 3-5 members. Maybe all of them Dominants to differentiate from Clive, who might be a jack of all trades, master of none. The Dominants could be very specific in their elemental magic (they'd only have one) and moves, I guess.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
No party will be a huge hype killer for me so if that's true I hope they confirm it sooner rather than later so I have time to recover.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

I don't think Final Fantasy XVI is going to get rid of the tradition of party members. There's too much to lose from both a commercial and creative perspective if Clive is the only active character.

Status
Not open for further replies.