• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
End of trailer: FINAL FANTASY XVI

*music drop*
"the legacy must be severed"
*logo changes*

[insert new title, FF16 is now a new IP]

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
I can't believe this was announced a year ago and we've seen nothing since. How many times has Square done this? And why always with the games I want!?
I can't believe It also since we were promised news for this year and we are late.
Yet i believe later the Better since i could not buy a ps5 in 4 months and if shortages Will last i doubt i Will be able to next months. In that case i Hope for crossgen. It makes no sense next gen only when Sony cannot even ship consoles

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
They said 2021 and 2021 isn't over. I don't think they will break this deadline. They said they really want to polish it for the next info reveal.

We're not gonna suddenly learn that the game has been rebooted or something, i can bet my account on this

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
They said 2021 and 2021 isn't over. I don't think they will break this deadline. They said they really want to polish it for the next info reveal.

We're not gonna suddenly learn that the game has been rebooted or something, i can bet my account on this
Of course it's not rebooted when Yoshi P just a week or so ago said they're pretty much done with the main scenario / story atm.

Oct 15, 2021
So I just watched the trailer for the first time and now I'm eager to see more like the rest of you. Everything from the action combat to the scope of the premise revealed in the trailer and the character design has a firm grip on me.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
👀

Sony is working on the game page for FF16
unknown-2.jpg

unknown-3.jpg

www.playstation.com

Final Fantasy XVI - PS5 Games | PlayStation

Buy Final Fantasy XVI on PlayStation Store. Enter the dark fantasy world of Valisthea in this highly anticipated single-player action RPG.

Screenshot_1.png

It's broken right now, but it's interesting that just now they working on updating the page

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
👀

Sony is working on the game page for FF16
unknown-2.jpg

unknown-3.jpg

www.playstation.com

Final Fantasy XVI - PS5 Games | PlayStation

Buy Final Fantasy XVI on PlayStation Store. Enter the dark fantasy world of Valisthea in this highly anticipated single-player action RPG.

Screenshot_1.png

It's broken right now, but it's interesting that just now they working on updating the page
Should be noted that the time stamp in the en-us page is pointing to the page being published 11 hours ago, so this is definitely new.

Kroz

Jul 4, 2019
...Wonder if this will be one of Square's announcement of when an announcement.

Would be crazy if we got some sort of drop randomly tomorrow.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
there are also links to around 90 localized versions of that page (but not Japanese for some reason), all seemingly published at the same time (and i'd suggest not going through them one by one, you wont find anything lol).

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
If any video media is coming out on the game any time soon i'd expect it to be something like a XVI-centric State of Play rather than a straight trailer drop.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Not expecting anything before an hypothetical PSX in december or TGA. But, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised!

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Has there been any other example of something like this happening for a different game? What's the usual turnaround time before we see something?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Has there been any other example of something like this happening for a different game? What's the usual turnaround time before we see something?
hard to tell as sony kinda redid their playstation site and operations around it in the past year or so.
I will say however one situation that I have noticed, that in the week leading up to the PlayStation Showcase (a few days before the announcement I believe), they have actually made franchise pages for God of War, Horizon and Uncharted, and later God of War got the Ragnarok trailer, Horizon had pre orders the week prior and Uncharted got the reamstered collection announcement. But still fairly anecdotal information.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham Knights, Gollum, Tchia, Dark Pictures also getting updated.
The Voice of Cards already had page but only got updated, it's not a brand new page like the others
Was gonna assume this was just them adding future PS5 pages but they didn't add Forspoken (I think?)as one and it just got a trailer a few weeks back, so maybe this list is based on an upcoming SoP then possibly?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
My big brain says it's too soon after the Showcase and TGS for FF XVI to show up in anything (then again, this could be in anticipation for a November event).

My heart, though?
endgame-avengers.gif

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The only (main?) reason I'd like this to stay a current gen exclusive is because I want the game to really take advantage of new tech when it comes to scale and stuff like that. Especially since the graphics (that I'm more than fine with) aren't shooting for the stars so far.

Even if a lot would naturally be out of bounds imagery, I need my big world.
Yeah, its the same on the english side. The line isn't about XVI like artsi said.
For a second I thought you meant that this FF XVI update was not unique to it and that this was nothing. Essentially, a "pack it up, guys".

Which is what I should be doing anyways, but I'm overdosing on hopium right now.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'll eat my dirt infested shoes if we get new information before Endwalker

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only (main?) reason I'd like this to stay a current gen exclusive is because I want the game to really take advantage of new tech when it comes to scale and stuff like that. Especially since the graphics (that I'm more than fine with) aren't shooting for the stars so far.

Even if a lot would naturally be out of bounds imagery, I need my big world.

For a second I thought you meant that this FF XVI update was not unique to it and that this was nothing. Essentially, a "pack it up, guys".

Which is what I should be doing anyways, but I'm overdosing on hopium right now.
Yeah I'm not going to be one of those people who ]condescendingly comes in here just to tell you all not to get hyped lol. This summer burned me so I'm just expecting it at the TGA personally and anything before that will be a pleasant surprise. Just wanted to second the fact that the line about the PS4/PS5 isn't about XVI specifically.

As far as it being cross-gen, I would prefer if it was a next-gen exclusive for similar reason but if it is then its probably only going to take advantage of the tech to a certain extent if we're being real. If Navtra was accurate, this game started off as cross-gen and Sony paid for it to be a PS5 exclusive. VIIR-2 will probably be the first 'real' next-gen experience.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
looking at shoes I'm wearing right now, I really don't want to think about actually doing the deed but that's why I made such a claim. I think its safe to assume that this site was just being soft updated for whatever reason.
I've just lost all hope by now lol, I'll check back sometime in 2022 I guess :/

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I don't think they'll go back on their word regarding an update in 2021. We still have over 2 months left, so there's plenty of time. I'm not worried.

What that update we get is up in the air. It could just be a single screenshot and that would technically fulfill their promise.

As for the PS website update, hopefully it leads to something but I'm leaning towards it just being nothing. We'll see though!

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The turnaround from the hype for a FF XVI showcase (whenever it happens) to the potential meltdown if they confirm there's no party will be a thing to behold.
Yeah I'm not going to be one of those people who ]condescendingly comes in here just to tell you all not to get hyped lol. This summer burned me so I'm just expecting it at the TGA personally and anything before that will be a pleasant surprise. Just wanted to second the fact that the line about the PS4/PS5 isn't about XVI specifically.

As far as it being cross-gen, I would prefer if it was a next-gen exclusive for similar reason but if it is then its probably only going to take advantage of the tech to a certain extent if we're being real. If Navtra was accurate, this game started off as cross-gen and Sony paid for it to be a PS5 exclusive. VIIR-2 will probably be the first 'real' next-gen experience.
This summer did a number on us lmao. The right amount of hope->despair across a couple of events. And yeah, unless the game is said to specifically take advantage of new tech (like Forspoken), I wouldn't really expect any game to really be too unique to PS5's capabilities.

My thing about scale is mostly down to recent games in the series (barring XIV) not really feeling like a journey across a vast world anymore: XIII was very linear; XV had an open world, sure, but it amounted to little in terms of content or events (and there were only two mostly meaningless towns); as for VII Remake, well, you don't really move much, it's Midgar.

I guess both that town concept art and there being so many in the map (and the visuals being "attainable") are making my mind fly, which is not wise lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.