• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you getting it?

• Hell yes! Take my money!

Votes: 73 10.5%
  • Uh are you crazy?! That’s way too much money

Votes: 352 50.9%
  • I don’t even care about CEs anyway

Votes: 177 25.6%
  • I don’t even want the game, I’m just here because I like to vote!

Votes: 68 9.8%
  • I’m not sure.. I’m on the fence.. it’s a lot but hnng

Votes: 22 3.2%

• Total voters

RagingAvatar

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester
store.eu.square-enix-games.com

FINAL FANTASY XVI - COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PS5]

This special set includes the FINAL FANTASY XVI Standard Edition game package and the beautifully designed collector's edition goods box which contains four collector's items that allow you to immerse yourself more deeply in the game world, and more!

I can't believe the XVI CE is £330 for, in my opinion, not a lot. But I might be a jaded old so and so, so I thought I'd check and ask Era for their thoughts.

Are you going in on the CE?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
That's too much. I'll wait until it's on sale for half off in their store some years from now because they just couldn't move stock at that price.
That's absurd. The statue (assuming those are final product images) isn't even that good looking.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I ordered mine the second it went live so I guess the first option. Whatever Yoshi-P wants I will give.

That's too much. I'll wait until it's on sale for half off in their store some years from now because they just couldn't move stock at that price.
That's absurd. The statue (assuming those are final product images) isn't even that good looking.

Did that happen with any mainline FF CE? I only recall them reprinting the FFXV one because it sold out too quickly.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
CE's just keep getting more expensive every year. Yikes.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
250 of that is the statue. That's how it always is.

At least the game is included *side-eyes Blizzard*.

Marus

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2022
Honestly it might sell out if it's limited.

I'm cool with the Deluxe edition though

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1 Digital Standard edition for me please.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
thats_too_much.jpg

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Overpriced.

I don't trust it given how their own Play Arts Kai figure line is overpriced, I most definitely wouldn't expect the included statue to be of a satisfactory quality.

As an aside, even the steelbook is ugly.

On the very positive side, I get to keep my money and find a deal for the game only!

Edit: I'll add, if I enjoy the game, I'm "happy" to pay £300 for a nice figure from a reputable maker (Kotobukiya, Sideshow, IronStudios, etc), but not this bundle version.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
This has got a legitimate shot at being one of the best games of the generation. I'm not in to collectors stuff personally but if any game is worth it, it'd be this one.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
One, it's not even that nice of a statue and two, it's such a waste of plastic. Realistically, that is going to end up in some landfill someday.

Jake

Oct 28, 2017
Not worth it. I can buy a few other games plus food, etc at that price. I will be getting the digital deluxe version for sure.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
The Endwalker statue ended up being much smaller than I expected, so that has me weary of buying this one... I like the pins though.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm not getting it. I've bought the last three FFXIV expansion CEs though (though only recently got the Stormblood one as I didn't grab it at the time).

I'd be more willing if it was just the stuff without the game as I'm probably going to have to wait till the PC version anyway. Statue looks cool though.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
It's absolute ridiculous.

This here was 120€ back then.

dark_souls_3_collectors_edition-pc-games.jpg

Big Artbook which you could sell at retail, giant figure, really high quality, cloth game map, soundtrack on CD, Metal Case, patches and of course the game.

At least this FF collector's edition has a physical copy inside not like many other these days. 🤦‍♂️

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
On paper I would be down to buy it but when I see the statue it looks cheap AF.

It's not even a particularly good design either, they look very different from the Eikons shown in the trailers

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
That's an insane price for what's in the box, SE thinks their shit ass figures and statues are made of gold for some reason.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No collector's edition will ever be worth it to me.... :(

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
$150 is my upper limit for any kind of CE, and even then I've only paid that much for one like three times. It's never really worth it.

Zypher

Oct 27, 2017
This seems very overpriced. I don´t see what makes it so much more expansive then other comparable Collector´s Editions like FF 15 or Cyberpunk which i both bought.
I mean, yeah i would love to get it, but i can´t justify that much money.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The deluxe seems a bit overpriced for just a map and the steelbook - though I am tempted - but this one takes it to the extreme.