• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

offcast

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the show enough to look out for the second season, but man they realllllyyyyy need to tone down Gary, the character seems like he belongs in another show. It feels like someone tried to make a comedy/parody of Mass Effect, but then decided midway to be serious about it.

buset

Jul 25, 2018
There is this weird Netflix docu about people with psychosomatic diseases (allthough its not really pitched that way and not really critical about the quacks treating them etc, and it feels more like a docu-soap/drama) called "Afflicted". One of the co-creators of "Final Space" shows up, Jake Sidwell, and talks about his mental breakdown he got when the show went into production and how he couldn't fly to LA and be a part of it because of pressure and anxiety (which ultimately turns into this really weird non scientific diagnosis). It was really weird, having just watched the first episode of "Final Space" and then watching this.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
1 episode in and I'm struggling to see anything funny , I've heard it gets better so will give it a few more eps but not anything amazing.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly can't wait for Season 2 of this.
Can't think of a single character that wasn't great. Even Kevin.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I enjoyed the show, a lot, but dear god did the main character try too hard to be Tandy from The Last Man On Earth. Quinn suddenly falling for him after seeing all his stalker videos was some "nice guy" fantasy shit that didn't sit well with me. Also, that "Blue Steel" running gag was dumb.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1 episode in, and I really like it. It's not laugh-out-loud funny, but it is definitely entertaining. The directing is excellent, and it seems like a top notch space opera.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
My roommate made me watch this back when it was in the middle of airing cause he loves Olan Rogers's stuff and I ended up really liking it. It got way more emotional near the end than I expected and I dig that it has heart.

Cant wait for season 2!

KodiakOak

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished episode 6 (surprising amount of feels - loved the song choice at the end). I get why some people are turned off by it and the goofy comedy but it's pretty good mindless TV and I'm enjoying it so far.

Gary reminds me a lot of Zapp Brannigan, he grew on me by the end of the show.

Same for me! Zapp was probably one of my favourite characters from Futurama which I think is why Gary's downsides dont bother me too much, I kinda like him at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
The drama really fell flat for me

avocados death felt like someone aiming for the Rick N Morty Unity ending feels or Jurassic Bark and it just FELL FLAT. Like my god it was so meh

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
Watched about half of the first episode. Rick and Morty this is not.
nah, but the show does dramatic scenes quite well in my opinion. The humor and some of the characters are not up there, but after watching the first ten episodes of Disenchantment, I retroactively have to give Final Space more credit. And some scenes, like (episode 2)
the alien mother flesh costume
were pretty funny

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished watching this. Kinda hard to explain what I thought, It's weird tonally, like all of the characters feel like they should be in a comedy, but the actual story is this dark cosmic horror thing full of loss and mass genocide, and the characters have the wrong personalities to actually deal with what's going on. Also the music and visuals were really good at times. I enjoyed it, excited for more

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the season.

Phew, that finale.

The soundtrack is great and helped underline some great dramatic moments.

Can't wait for season 2.

Edit- OP was off base selling this as a Rick and Morty like show. It feels much more in line as a play on Guardians of the Galaxy. Gary even begins to look like Quinn by the season end (his outfit).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I finished this recently too. Really solid overall; I liked it a lot. Lord Commander is a great villain, most of the heroes are fun (KVN might be my favourite) and I really enjoyed the plot. Couple of big dramatic twists I wouldn't have expected (kept waiting for Avocato to come back somehow and I didn't think the ending would be so bleak) and all in all it was a fun and enjoyable space adventure. I might give it another watch soon and I hope it's done well enough for another season.

Just finished the season.

Phew, that finale.

The soundtrack is great and helped underline some great dramatic moments.

Can't wait for season 2.

Edit- OP was off base selling this as a Rick and Morty like show. It feels much more in line as a play on Guardians of the Galaxy. Gary even begins to look like Quinn by the season end (his outfit).

Do you mean Gary starts to look like Quill, not Quinn?!

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great show. Pulled me in from the first episode. I have to laugh at least twice during an episode which, for me, is an accomplishment. I just love silly humor!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to watch this show online in the states? (Without buying the entire series from a digital service I mean)

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I watched this with my daughter. I was pretty iffy on the series until around episode 3-4ish. Then, everything kind of fell into place. It had some really great moments and I'm glad I gave it a chance. Lots of real emotional scenes and the series had an excellent use of licensed music.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This series has some absolutely standout visual and audio scenes
They really nailed the "space" in Final Space

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I can't really get over how high quality this series is. They have some absolutely crazy shots in this with fantastic directing, "camera" movement etc...
The music is on point at basically all times, the voice acting is top knotch.

How the hell did they make this?

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This show feels really expensive... it is a space opera with comedy bits. The visuals, music, and voice acting are fantastic. This might actually be the best new show of the year. How can they afford a second season?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched this on my VRV and honestly, I was coming in very apprehensive after so many reactions here of Gary being such a complete asshole and idiot. But honestly, they just tried to write him as an even goofier and not as competent Starlord-like character, but it does not mean he is incompetent. It just means everybody around him is more competent than he is. But he is there for the comedy, and that's extremely take it or leave it I guess.

I'll give the show credit for doing a fairly solid job at the plot and sad/dramatic moments more than the comedic ones. I am looking forward to Season 2.