• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
canada
Bootleg Trunks VS Bootleg Cell for the final final fight was amazing! (Seriously, Calasmus is cell as fuc)

The adventure, the plot and vignettes, the combat, hell even the low quality music was all sublime. I put off act 3 for quite some time and a year after starting this game Ive beaten it. Absolutely adored all of it. Beat it with a team at lv75.

Seriously the plot is so well put together. Story is so much more than just the over arching plot. How its connected, the pacing, the scale, the sense of progression... They did it perfectly. Absolutely perfect. Only thing remaining at the end was Veronica still being a kid despite the necklace.

Cant overstate how much I fucking loved this game. Sitting down, getting high, and busting some bosses up with Erik and Veronica was amazing.

Bless DQ, cant wait for 12

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it more than Persona 5, though I wish both were a little more compact.

It was the first Dragon Quest capable of pulling me in completely. I'm currently working through VII on 3DS because of it.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah man, game was wonderful. Every single element in it is of such high quality; they just don't make them like that anymore.

Late game difficulty is so good too, it makes characters like Erik really shine.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
It does so much right as a Dragon Quest fan, the animation on the monsters was so great.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
The monsters are so utterly charming. Veronica and Sylvando are upper tier companions as far as JRPGs go.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The presentation for this game was, with the exception of the music (which won't be a major problem for the Switch), excellent.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Bootleg Trunks VS Bootleg Cell for the final final fight was amazing! (Seriously, Calasmus is cell as fuc)

The adventure, the plot and vignettes, the combat, hell even the low quality music was all sublime. I put off act 3 for quite some time and a year after starting this game Ive beaten it. Absolutely adored all of it. Beat it with a team at lv75.

Seriously the plot is so well put together. Story is so much more than just the over arching plot. How its connected, the pacing, the scale, the sense of progression... They did it perfectly. Absolutely perfect. Only thing remaining at the end was Veronica still being a kid despite the necklace.

Cant overstate how much I fucking loved this game. Sitting down, getting high, and busting some bosses up with Erik and Veronica was amazing.

Bless DQ, cant wait for 12
Yeah. The series just nails the fundamentals so well.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about this or Builders 2. Sucks how Sugiyama is involved in both, but really itching to play an RPG. Any suggestions?

Buy DQ11, mute the music. You still get to keep the fantastic voice acting (and the SFX). The only "good" thing about the terrible midi music in DQ11 is that Sugiyama won't get much money from it. It's unknown what kind of a contract he has, but it's suspected that he makes most of his DQ money from the orchestrated versions, and licensing those out.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I reached the final boss about 5 months ago, after getting completely consumed by the game, but couldn't beat it (after pretty much breezing through the game) and therefore completely lost interest to play further because the story come to a halt. Huge shame.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Buy DQ11, mute the music. You still get to keep the fantastic voice acting (and the SFX). The only "good" thing about the terrible midi music in DQ11 is that Sugiyama won't get much money from it. It's unknown what kind of a contract he has, but it's suspected that he makes most of his DQ money from the orchestrated versions, and licensing those out.

Ok. Ill get it on PSN.

Any other advice, like options or settings you recommend.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
The final final boss was incredible. It looks so great on my 4k TV. Hope to recapture that magic on Switch later this year.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The way the plot is connected is so satisfying. Learning the traveler searching for the branch through the books that traded riches for the orb because he loved the journey more than destination was Hero's adoptive grandfather actually made me choke up. I choked up reading a fucking book.

And seeing in the final bastion all those people that you met rebuilding their lives and even common thieves finding a new purpose in their lives made me so sad. Remember that thief who adopted a little girl from a rich family because she was all alone? Or that girl who lost everything and then you give her the opportunity to find a new life at the academy and then seeing her all happy as a student later on. Damn.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I intend to go back and finish it properly on Switch. When I played it I got burnt out by the 3rd act and didn't bother with Calasmos. Doesn't help that the last act is like a worse retread of the 2nd but with a crappy time travel plot contrivance.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Any other advice, like options or settings you recommend.

It's been a long time since I played it so I don't remember all the settings I fiddled with. There was something about the battle camera, you should change it from free form to standard or something like that. They put a lot of work into the visual effects of battles, but for some reason the default camera setting doesn't display them as well as the other one, I think there were two settings for that.