• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Remember this thread I made?

Well it was Insomniac who first applied it in a real game on PS5 and didn't get stuck in limited tests with tools on PC from few users.

Looking forward to see this applied in more games in the future, if devs care like Insomniac of course. You hear us Hasan Kojima? XD

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad Fez 2 is never happening. That game could have made use of stuff like this.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't notice this! Time to use that gun more! I think control Ultimate Edition did it first though. When you charge the sniper, the haptic mimics the noise. The haptics on this controller are insane. I feel like I'm hallucinating with the sounds that come out of this thing.

Nov 13, 2017
This is similar to some Switch games that use the HD rumble to play music through vibration. A really cool feature that more developers should experiment with.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017

Nintendo actually did this in 2018 with Kirby

don't know if anyone else tried to make something like this

May 14, 2021
Playing Returnal with haptics on is also quite the aural experience. For a minute I thought I had turned the speaker on my DS back on.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Well, as headset player, this doesn't exist for me. :D

What does exist tho is the haptics simulating "Bass" while you're in the disco and that feels awesome.