• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
having a fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder value is a poisonous idea. it's an inevitability of capitalism. people making money for the sake of making money need to see exponential growth. the people harmed by this system simply do not matter. the stock market gives CEOs moral cover to disrupt and ruin lives. the entire system is bad and needs to be dismantled.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'd rather get notice that my job will be terminated in two months so I can get two more months of pay for the job I already have and look for work in my free time then also collect two months of severance so I can interview and maintain QOL and family.

It's not an either/or situation. I'll take four months of pay and notice over scrambling for a new job over two months.

If you're going to do that, I'd opt for 6 months pay and notice.

I'm not sure why you think it's not an either/or situation. They legally had to give 60 days notice (in CA). Instead they just told everyone to go home and tacked on 60 days of pay to their severance. It literally is either/or.